Mass Effect - Adventures on Omega Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I don't know about that can't tell you all my stories," Alley laughs as she makes sure the way is clear to the control panel.

Something is off, Alley can feel it in her gut. Someone else is in this area of the mine. The whole mine area is dark and it is difficult to see. Luckily someone managed to put on the generators in the mine and there is some lighting in certain areas. However, it is still difficult to see if someone is lurking in the shadows that are not visible.

"Nessy I need you to move. Go and turn on the elevators," Alley says as she raises the rifle looking through the terminal scope."

That is when Alley sees it' the sign of the red visor is highlighted, the red light going back and forth, she sees it in the darkness, and she knows. It is unsafe for Nessy right now. She knows Xev is waiting for just one person, and that is Alley.

"Nessy, just go to the power. Whatever you do, you find Axl you understand me," Alley says to Nessy as her body is in front of Nessy's trying to keep her safe. Alley backs up with her, as she keeps her eye on the red spot in her visor.

Nessy hears the sternness in Alley's voice and does as she says, and attempts to head to the power. That is until a shot is taken at Nessy from another direction. Alley sees it and knows that Xev is not alone. Nessy is now taking cover and hiding, in her stealth mode, as Alley has now lost sight of Nessy.

Alley growls as she prays that Nessy is safe where ever she is. Hiding behind a couple of metal crates.

"Xev is that you?" Alley calls out as she closes her eyes taking in where the shots are coming from. Alley can see them before they are shot.

The sound of a device of some kind is heard landing behind of Alley, looking behind her as she sees a red bleeping light, going off and on and the sound increasing. Alley needs to move fast, as she leaves her cover just in time and avoiding the explosion that ends up blowing up the metal crates she was hiding behind.

"Who says it's fucking Xev," someone says in response.

Alley hears the voice, it's a very deep and haunting voice. It also sounds like whoever it has some sort of voice enhancer too. Maybe a cyborg or another bounty hunter.

"Ya, know, Alice, there is a reward out for you, but maybe if I catch you maybe I'll just keep you for myself," the mysterious hunter says out loud.

"You would have to catch me first. But then you would have to live past today," Alley says back as she turns and looks through her thermal scope for the one who is trying to kill her.

Out of the darkness, and out of the smoke where the explosion took place. Xev's metallic body armor is seen, as he approaches Alley. His black hood from his cape hiding his red mask, with the red highlighted visor, the red lights still going back and forth. Approaching Alley, Xev takes two swords out from where he has them hidden on his holder on the back of his armor. Xev has both of the swords in his hands, as he clicks two buttons and red lights appear on the blades. He leaps at Alley and begins attacking her, no guns are going to be able to help her in this fight. She is going to have to fight hand to hand in this fight.

Dropping the rifle and quickly pulls a dagger out and one short sword out of the sheaths on her back. Blocking the hit and rolling out of the way. Alley grins as she looks back at Xev and says, "So tell me how did you live through the first killing."

Xev doesn't speak as he just attacks, and his speed is unlike anything Alley has ever seen. He is lightning fast, and speeds right around her, as her instincts are what parries the first few slices and swipes with his swords. Her small short sword can deflect the lunges that are aimed at her head and neck.

Xev then kicks Alley in the chest and knocks her down, his kick is strong. Standing before Alley as Xev stands before her with both swords in hand, as he looks down at Alley and says, "You abandoned me, and you expect MERCY!"

"You left me, to die, you didn't even check me to see if I was breathing," Xev responded.

That is when, the next shot comes but Xev knew it was coming and deflects it as he looks at Alley and says, "Get out of here, or he'll kill you."

Xev looks back at Alley and says, "Go now."

Alley then spots someone in a brown trench coat, wearing purple and navy blue armor. He appears out of nowhere. He was standing only a few feet away from where they were. He pulls out a rifle and begins shooting at Xev.

Xev jumps up the top of the generator, not far and this mysterious hunter continues to shoot at him.

"I knew it was you Xev, trying to take my hunt," the hunter says.

Alley is watching behind a metal crate, as Xev responds, "So Scarr how much is Dimitrius paying to get you to kill my sister?"

"He knew you didn't have the balls to kill her, that is why he sent me," the hunter responded.

He stands up and looks at Xev who says, "You want my sister, you'll have to kill me first."

"Fair enough," Scarr says as he draws a sword similar to Xev's out of a sheath hidden in his trench coat. Alley is watching as Xev is clashing his sword parrying Scarr's attempts to kill him.

"Alley, get Nessy and the elevators going, go or you'll never get them going."

Nessy is where she needs to be but, android troopers are blocking her way. There is one very large one, with shiny armor, with a huge pickaxe rifle of some kind. Nessy contacts Alley quietly through her headset and says, "Hey Aunty, I'm in the position it's taking me a bit of problem. There are troopers here, blocking the terminal I need to get to. I need you."

Hearing Nessy over the headset. Alley turns quickly heading up the catwalk to the terminal. She pulls her rifle up as she takes out the smaller mechs like they are nothing. The big one though Alley has to move behind a crate and reload with disruptor ammo. Before taking aim and placing two square centers of the mecs head.

The elite android trooper sees its smaller versions of him easily taken out. Sensing it is in trouble it puts its defensive shield around itself. Holding his staff ax towards where Alley shot from, it fires off a huge plasma blast into Alley's direction, it destroys where she is hiding, as the blasts took out the supports that were holding it up. The Elite trooper is now making its way towards where Alley is.

"Auntie, come in are you okay," Nessy is calling out to her over her headset, but there is nothing but static.

Alley survived all the blasts, the elite trooper didn't even come close, it just did lots of damage and caused lots of smoke and more ways for Alley to attack the trooper. She then says over her headset, "Yeah I'm fine, don't worry I have been shot at and near-death explosions way too many times today. After this, your uncle and I have to discuss a pay raise and vacation time on a beach planet."

"The stupid android caused so much damage I can make my way if I use stealth mode," Nessy says.

Alley hears Nessy giggle and says, "It might come in handy in taking that trooper out if you use your stealth option I gave you."

Grins using the new upgrade Nessy gave her. Alley turns it on and decides she needs to kill something with her bare hands. She moves behind it and shoves both daggers into the back of the elite androids' neck.

The sparks fly and you see a bit of black liquid come out of where Alley's daggers pierced into the armor, as the smoke comes out of the troopers as it falls to the ground.

Over the headset, Nessy says, "Ok that should do it the elevators should be back online."

"Hello, come in," Axl says, Alley you there?"

Alley smiles as she hears Axl's voice, and says, "So the beach better have white sand and endless drinks."

Alley turns to look back where Xev had been with the mystery hunter. She can see that the fight has not ended for them, as Scarr is trying to shoot Xev. But Xev keeps dodging and evading all of Scarr's shots that he's been firing at him.

"Ok meet us at the rendezvous point," Axl tells Alley.

"Nessy go and meet up with Axl. I'll be right behind you," Alley says as she pulls out Slayde's rifle closing her eyes as she pulls it up to look down the scope. Aiming Scarr and hitting his shoulder since he wasn't focused on Alley.

Scarr feels the bullet go in as he drops his sword to the ground. Looking at the direction it came from, he grunts i know he is wounder and is not capable of finishing this fight, "Grrr, Xev this is not over with. Once Dimitrius learns that you were deceiving him just to get in touch with your sister all this time. He will send double the hunters after you."

"Whatever, your a coward run back to Dimitrius, I'll eventually catch up with you," Xev said.

Scarr escapes narrowly by the skin of his teeth, as Xev sheathes his sword and holsters his pistol, and waits for you to confront him. This time without interruptions.

Alley puts the rifle on her back and leaves the short sword and dagger still in her hands.

"What is going on. First, you wanna kill me now you're standing there like your ready to die. What is your deal," Alley says walking over not realizing her headset is still on and Axl can hear everything?

Xev looks at you and says, "I had to make it believable that I was helping Dimitrius. I was using him all this time to find you. And now I have."

Looking at Alley as Xev says, "Why did you leave me, why didn't you check that I was alive, you just ran and left. WHY didn't you come back for me."

Alley stops and looks at him as she lowers her blades and says, "I, I know I should have checked on you. But at that moment, the bullets were flying and I thought you were dead. How was I supposed to know."

Deep down Alley knows why, that night she hesitated and didn't know what to do because she was scared.

Xev approaches her and raises his hands to his mask and unlatches the plate that covers his face. Showing Alley his face, she looks and see's his half-burned scarred face. Looking at her and says, "Do you see what I've had to live with since that night. If it wasn't for Dimitrius I'd be dead."

Looking at her, "I can't live without this mask and implants throughout my body. This is what you caused Alley. Your brother is no more, there is only Xev."

Alley looks up at Xev in the eyes and then looks down at the dagger in her hands. Reaching out and putting it in Xev's hand.

"If my brother isn't in there. Then collect the bounty on me. I was ten when I thought you died in front of me. The night Axl saved me from the guards and the killing."

Taking deep breathes as she takes a look into his eyes and says, "I left because I was a scared ten-year-old girl crying. I just watched my brother get blown up, right in front of me."

Xev looks at you and realizes his anger should not be at you. All these years, nothing that happened to him was Alley's fault. It was his decisions that led him to be in that situation.

Looking at her face as he says, "Alley I'm sorry, all this time I was just so angry at everyone. I needed someone to blame, and it isn't you. It's my fault, not yours."

He looks at you and says, "But now is not the time for this, it isn't safe for you on this station. Omega is lost you know that already right?" Aria won't be taking it back any time soon. An organization called Cerberus is the reason behind this assault."

"We need to get your team out of the detention area, and make our escape now."

Alley looks at him and as soon as the name that Xev revealed left his lips, Alley is immediately on coms and says, "AXL, It's Cerberus, get out of there now."

Alley yells this as she is running off to Axl's location with Nessy following with Xev as well.

***********ESCAPE FROM OMEGA - PART 3***********

Axl doesn't get much reception to what he just heard. They get to the area of the mine where the detention area is. Expecting, Alley and Nessy to meet them at the rendezvous point where they would regroup. However they are both not there, and it is very dark in this location. Axl, Gryff, and Commander Conrad are walking into a trap. Cerberus is already in the mine, with at least fifty troops surrounding the location of the mine.

Axl turns on his thermal's as he spots them and looks at Conrad and says, "We are surrounded, this was a setup."

"What, do you mean," Conrad said?

"You sure those two idiots who say they were, N7's were who they said," Axl asked?"

Conrad then spots the Cerberus logo on the armor of one of the Cerberus troops that are surrounding them, in his thermal visor. Looking at Axl as he says, "How did Cerberus get here?"

"I don't know, I don't sit around and wonder how these two factions got together, but it's pretty fucking obvious to me who is budgeting the Viper Syndicate," Axl said.

"Alley, dammit, come in, do not approach the rendezvous point repeat we are surrounded. Do not approach do you copy," Axl says trying to get in touch with Alley.

Nessy leading the way, Alley had Xev in the middle just in case he tries something. Still, over her com trying to reach Axl, that sick feeling she gets starts to grow more.

"AXL, come in please answer me, you need to get out of there, it's Cerberus it's a trap," Alley says trying to keep her voice calm even though her thoughts are betraying her and she is thinking the worst.

Axl hears her and says, "I read you Alley, but I think we might have to re-think our plan. Can you see how many troops there are from your vantage point with your thermal visor?"

Axl doesn't know that Xev is with her, and he could do the same possibly, maybe even take out quite a few of them, if she can get a good reading of the layout of the situation.

Looks at Nessy as Alley has her stay cloaked and moving towards the exit. She has Xev more to the right of her. As she pulls out Slayde's rifle and pulls the scope right to where she needs to aim it as she says, "Well I could take out a couple before the shooting starts. Axl please be safe you owe me still after this."

"Ok if you see your shots take them, and make sure to take as many ones high up as you can, the ones down low, we can handle them," Axl says looking at Gryff and Conrad, who just prepare their guns and prepare to open fire, "So the minute you fire, we will do the same, I got the first few groups in my sites, as we speak."

"And don't worry, after this, we are going to Ponderosa for a very long time," Axl says, "The Commander owes me that."

Lining up her shot as Alley says, "Three....two....one!"

The moment Alley says one. She fires her shots rapidly as she easily takes out four of them before anyone knew what was going on. Xev followed suit and did the same with a rifle of his own taking out just as many as Alley did.

The minute Axl sees them fall he starts opening fire on the locations he was looking at through his thermal visor. Alley watches as Gryff, Conrad and Axl begin firing back at the Cerberus troops. The three of them light up the whole mine with gunfire and explosions. They all had their ammo set to incendiary ammo. The bodies of flamed corpses all fall and it also gives Alley and Xev a better view of the layout as more bodies lay on the ground on fire. Lighting up the area.

"There is that better, can you see now," Axl says over his comms to Alley."

Alley grins taking aim and firing clearing the way to Nessy for them to know she'll have the doors ready for them. As Xev and Alley make their way.

"Oh thank you, baby," Alley says without a thought as she keeps her mind and focus only on Axl and makes sure that he is the only one that makes it out alive. She couldn't care less for Gryff or Conrad.

Nessy appears beside Axl, she giggles as she says, "So Uncle, I need you to come with me to get my dad, they shouldn't be far from here."

Axl looks at Gryff and Conrad and says, "Keep the battle here, understand, don't let any of any stranglers follow us."

Conrad just nods his head as Axl says, "Alley, we have to get to the others, follow my signal, anyone we can't see up top, watch out for them please."

Alley looks at Xev and says, "Can I trust you to stay here and help?"

Looking at Xev as she is waiting for him to respond, as he says," Yes, I'll help you keep them both safe."

"Alley are we both in the clear," Axl asks over his comms.

Alley nods as she follows after Axl's tracker.

"Your good to go on ahead," Alley says.

Nessy and Axl head off, and both of them are cloaked, just as Nessy did for Alley she did the same for Axl. She gave him the same stealth advancement to his Omni tool. They sneak their way to the terminal and a couple of stragglers separated from them and spot them. Axl covers her, and says," Nessy get to the terminal I'll cover you."

She does just what Axl tells her, as she rushes towards the terminal, and begins hacking it. It's the doorway that leads to the detention area, where they are keeping all the prisoners. It needs to be hard-locked by a remote signal through her Omni tool.

"This may take a bit uncle," Nessy says.

Axl looks at the Cerberus troops and tosses her a rifle, and says, "Do you know how to shoot one of these?"

Smirking as she says, "Hello I live on Omega, of course."

She takes hold of it as Nessy, begins firing and hits two of the Cerberus troops right dead on target into their heads. The two troops fall, as she says, "Oh gross their heads exploded."

Alley shakes her head almost laughing a bit. As Alley spots a sniper. However, Alley makes her shot first taking the sniper out before it has a chance to make his shot. The sniper falls to the ground. The sniper's body hits the ground hard with a wet splat on the ground.

Nessy snickers and says, "Oh hey Aunty is that you and Xev," Nessy asked?

"Xev," Axl responded, not having a clue about that.

"Uhhh, yeah we have some things to fill you in on," Nessy said.

"Yes, Nessy we got you guys. Just keep up doing what you're doing," Alley tells Nessy, as she looks at Xev, who nods at her back.

Axl and Nessy are firing at the remaining Cerberus troops. Looking at the hacking device that Nessy set up, it is taking a bit longer. It finally signals and says it's ready, Nessy gets up to the door and hacks it. She can open the detention area cell block. Axl picks up his big rifle and says to Nessy, " Please allow me to go in first."

Holding up the large assault rifle they were all practicing with before this mission started. The assault rifle also has a targeting mechanism that will automatically pick up any hostile weapons about to be shot in his direction. Also indicating to him where enemy targets are located.

The sound of the rifle is heard throughout the mine, as Alley hears Axl say, "Take this you Cerberus sons of bitches...AHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Xev looks at Alley as he shakes his head, "Is this guy crazy?"

Alley smiles a bit as she laughs at Xev's question and says, "You have no idea how crazy."

Spotting a couple more Snipers up on the catwalk as Alley easily takes them out.

Axl makes sure that the entire cell block is clear as he spots Crysp and Clyger, as Clyger chuckles and says, "Are my ears safe?"

"Nessy unlock the cells," Axl says.

Coming up to the cell where An Elcor is in a cell, and is not alone he is locked up with a Quarian female. Nessy, Clyger and Crysp are now out of the cell. As Axl tosses both Clyger and Crysp a couple of weapons and says, "You two make sure no stragglers followed there friends.

"Gotcha boss," Crysp says, as he speaks over comms, and says, "Hey Alley girl, what's shakin."

The sound of Crysp's voice is music to her ears, as Clyger adds, "I hope you didn't miss me too much either."

Shaking her head as Alley says while biting her lip, "Hell no I didn't miss you guys. But I'm sure the fuck happy to have you shit heads back."

Crysp then says, "So where is Slayde?

"Yeah, not like her to miss a fight," Clyger answered.