Master Garret Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Cecille stopped and watched them enter a room, her brow wrinkled with worry. She noted which room they went into and made sure that no one would try to bother them.

Garret gently set Jonathan down onto the bed in the room and began removing the rest of the ropes. He was glad the first room he had picked had been one with a bed and refreshments, and not one set up like a playroom as this was far more comfortable.

"I'm sorry, Sir," Jonathan said quietly, his voice sounding small and sad.

Garret cupped Jonathan's face in his hands, "You have nothing to be sorry for, lad. You did beautifully with Ellen, and I won't punish you for admonishing someone who was disrespecting you. You had every right to do what you did."

"Him being here was my fault though. He never would have interrupted the scene if I hadn't been there."

"Jonathan," Garret said firmly yet gently. "This was not your fault, it was his. He's an abuser and a nuisance, and I'm through with him. I'm going to go to the council and convince them to ban him. Anyone else doing what he has done would have earned him the boot by now. I'll make sure he doesn't come near you again."

Jonathan sagged and Garret gathered him close.

"I would like to go home now," Jonathan murmured.

"We will, soon. Just rest here for a few more moments."

"No," Jonathan said and pushed away from Garret's embrace. "Now. I can't be here any longer."

The harshness of Jonathan's tone surprised Garret and for the second time that night he hesitated, not immediately knowing what he should do.

"All right," Garret agreed. "Drink and eat something while I fetch your clothes."

Garret watched for a moment as Jonathan mechanically sipped some water and nibbled on some fruit before he opened the door. He was pleasantly surprised to see Jonathan's clothes neatly folded on the floor before the door. He made a mental note to thank Cecille later. Garret brought them over to Jonathan who snatched them out of his hands and quickly dressed.

Jonathan seemed to relax a little once he was fully clothed.

"Let's go," he said in a clipped tone.

He surprised Garret again by striding purposefully from the room. Garret hurried to catch up, falling into step with Jonathan's brisk pace. He noticed a few stares as people watched them go. Cecille briefly met his eyes and he noted the concern there.

Charles pulled up with the car right as they exited the house. He looked a little flustered at having to hurry.

"Home please, Charles," Garret tried to keep his voice light.

"To my home," Jonathan said firmly.

Charles eyed them with surprise through the rearview mirror.

"Sir...?" Charles asked, making eye contact with Garret.

"Take me to my home," Jonathan emphasized.

Garret nodded and Charles started to drive.

"Jonathan," Garret said gently.

Jonathan held up a hand to stop him. "No. Let me think."

Now Garret saw the shift. This was no longer the carefree Jonathan he had known these past few months. Sitting next to him in the backseat was Jonathan, the closed off dominant. Garret felt a chill run through him.

Jonathan barely waited for Charles to stop the car before he sprang out the door.

"Jonathan!" Garret called as he followed. "Lad, talk to me."

"I just want to go home," Jonathan growled. But Garret saw that hint of vulnerability.

"Then let's go in and talk," Garret gently coaxed. "Let's have a drink by the fire."

"No Garret, I need to be alone."

"Jonathan, you really shouldn't. Not right now."

"I will do what I wish," Jonathan's tone was cold now. He reached behind his head and unclasped the collar. He held it for just a moment before tossing it to Garret. "Red. We're done."

Garret caught the collar and watched Jonathan stalk to his house. He waited, watching as his submissive keyed in the door code, and disappeared inside, leaving him. He stood there a moment longer, still holding the collar, frozen in place. Part of him told him to march into the house and get Jonathan to talk, help him through the sub drop that was happening. The other part of him repeated 'red,' over and over. The one word to make him stop. Clutching the collar, he eased back into the car.

Charles watched him with a worried expression.

"Home please, Charles."

With a small nod Charles put the car in gear and Garret stared out the window without really seeing.

...

Garret's phone rang, he glanced at it once but knew it would Cecille, again. He had talked to her the day after Jonathan left, and that had been days ago. He didn't want to talk to her now. Garret nursed a glass of whiskey, feeling the burn of the cool liquid as it slid down his throat. Breaking one of his own rules, he'd drank multiple glasses a night these past few days. He was trying to find out where he went wrong, what he should have done. His fingers itched to pick up his phone and call Jonathan. But Jonathan hadn't answered when he called days ago either.

He sat in his library, in a comfortable chair by the fireplace. He had tried to work on other things but he always found himself here, whiskey in hand.

Voices from the front of the house brought him out of his thoughts and he frowned at the intrusion.

The double doors to the library crashed open.

"Garret Fitz Fenton!"

Garret almost spilled his whiskey at the sudden noise and use of his full name. He stood and glared at the woman barging into his home.

"Cecille," he growled and crossed his arms over his chest. "I don't remember inviting you here."

Cecille strode across the room and stood toe to toe with him, crossing her arms and mimicking his stubborn stance.

"When you don't answer my calls I have the right," she hissed. "What the hell is going on with you?"

"Jonathan left. I'm dealing with it," he said brusquely.

"Oh and you're dealing with it quite well I see," Cecille scoffed. "Drinking, wearing pajamas all day, haven't showered, and you definitely haven't shaved. You're taking great care of yourself."

Garret narrowed his eyes at her. "I don't appreciate your tone, Cecille."

"And I don't appreciate you sitting here like a fool when Jonathan needs you."

"He obviously doesn't or he would be here," Garret countered.

"Not if he doesn't realize what he needs," Cecille's voice softened slightly. "Garret he dropped. You know he dropped hard. Why didn't you help him?"

"He safeworded," Garret snapped. "He said red and threw the training collar in my face. It's obvious what he wants."

Cecille put her hands on her hips and glared at him. "That is quite enough."

The change in her tone froze Garret in place.

"I am very disappointed by this, Garret. I thought I had taught you better. Kneel."

Garret's knees hit the floor before he had time to think. He looked down, as if surprised to see the floor so close.

"What is the most important thing in a dom/sub relationship?" she asked, her voice icy calm.

"Trust," Garret replied hoarsely. "Trust that the Dominant will take care of the submissive's every need, trust that the submissive will obey, and trust that the Dominant will cherish that gift of complete trust and do nothing to betray it."

"Did Jonathan trust you?"

"Yes, completely."

"Answer me properly, Garret."

"Yes, Mistress."

"Did you betray his trust?"

Garret paused and thought. "I was unable to protect him from Scott's harmful words."

"True. Did that have anything to do with his trust in you?"

"No, Mistress."

"What did you do to betray his trust?"

Garret swallowed. "I abandoned him when he needed me the most."

"Correct. You should have followed him into that house, gave him your strength, talked him through it. Instead you let him drop on his own." She knelt down on one knee before him and cupped his scruffy face in one hand. Her voice softened. "He's never dropped before, Garret. He doesn't know how to handle it. I know he safeworded but he still needed you to help him through that. Safewords aren't for talking, there was no scene happening. Just a confused, vulnerable submissive panicking."

"And I left him," Garret whispered.

"You need to get yourself together and help him," Cecille's tone hardened again. "His housekeeper spoke to me the last time I called. He's not eating or taking care of himself and he's been drinking. Are you going to abandon your friend and submissive, Garret?"

"No, Mistress."

She stood and held out her hand. "Come on, up. There's a hot meal waiting for you. You're going to eat, then you will shave and shower. Then we will talk and plan. I haven't decided whether or not I should take a cane to your ass yet, goodness knows you deserve it." Saying that she gathered him into her arms and he sighed deeply, his body sagging against hers. "But you dropped too, and now I'm here to take care of you."

At her words Garret wrapped his arms around her and she felt tears fall on her neck. Cecille led him over to the library's couch and held him, soothing him with low murmurs and caresses. She had not seen him this vulnerable in years, it was likely he hadn't realized he had also dropped. The full story spilled from him as she held him. How Jonathan had wanted to leave immediately and there was practically no aftercare. After the intensity of the rope demonstration and the stress that Scott had brought, they had both desperately needed that aftercare together.

"Let's get you fed and put back together," she said after he had calmed. "Just follow me, I'll take care of you."

Garret obediently let her lead and did as she asked. He let himself slip into the submissive role, back with the Domme who had taught him. She let him be in that role while she took care of him. She stayed by his side as he ate, made sure his shave was satisfactory, and kept him company while he showered. Cecille sat perched on the counter top as she watched his silhouette in the shower. She could tell he was starting to feel more like himself, and she knew that soon she could be his friend again instead of his Domme. He knew it too as he exited the shower, towel wrapped around his waist and looking sheepish.

"Still going to cane me, Mistress?"

She raised an eyebrow at the slight teasing quality of his tone.

"Is that a challenge, pet?"

"Not in the slightest," Garret grinned as he dried himself off and donned the clothes she had laid out for him. The old familiarity of the situation soothed him.

"Feeling better now?"

"Yes, Mistress."

"Did you make a plan while you were in the shower?"

"I thought it over, yes, if I could discuss it with you, Mistress?"

"Of course, but I'm just Cecille now, dear. Time to be a Dom again, Garret."

She watched his demeanor change from sheepish and obedient, to confident and determined. Fully back in his Dominant mindset.

"There you are. Now, let's help Jonathan."

...

Garret promised to text Cecille later to let her know how things went. He stood for a moment outside Jonathan's house, steeling himself, before letting himself inside with the door code. A worried looking Lydia greeted him in the foyer.

He put a hand on her shoulder to stop her when she opened her mouth.

"I'll take care of him, everything will be all right. Make something easy to eat, please? And keep it in the warmer, I don't know how long this will take. Where is he?"

"At his piano," Lydia answered. She squeezed his hand in thanks then went to the kitchen to cook.

Garret listened and heard the soft melody emanating from the music room. He walked carefully, so as not to make a sound, and slipped into the room without Jonathan noticing. He stood by the door and watched Jonathan play for a few moments, taking in the sight of the man.

Dark shadows under his eyes, a sad look on his face, Jonathan sat slightly hunched at the piano. A glass of amber liquid rested on the piano, Garret suspected whiskey or brandy.

Jonathan stopped and reached for the glass.

"How many have you had today?"

Jonathan started and whipped around at the sound of Garret's voice. He swallowed nervously.

"I've lost count."

Garret strode over and moved the glass out of Jonathan's reach.

"I lost count the first day," he said softly. "Then I kept count after that. I got myself down to one a day before Cecille came to my rescue."

Jonathan looked up at him then and Garret met his gaze.

"I shouldn't have let you leave," Garret spoke in a near whisper. "I failed you, will you forgive me?"

Jonathan shuddered and tentatively reached his hand up to Garret. Garret caught it in his own and held it firmly.

"Only if you forgive me," Jonathan croaked.

Garret joined him on the bench and wrapped him in his strong arms. Jonathan sagged against him and let himself be held.

"I was scared," Jonathan said against Garret's chest. "I've never felt so..." He floundered for the right words.

"Vulnerable," Garret finished for him. "Worn out, empty, lost, maybe even sad."

Jonathan nodded and looked up at him. "How did you know?"

"Because I've been there. You dropped hard, and I should have known better."

"Subdrop?" Jonathan questioned. "I didn't think it felt like this."

"It's different for everyone, but it can linger and you sort of slip into a type of depression until you get it figured out. If I had just insisted that we talk and we finish the aftercare after our scene..." Garret shrugged. "But I didn't and here we are. I...I dropped too."

Jonathan tightened his grip on Garret's hand. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean..."

Garret stopped him with a shake of his head. "No, you are not at fault, please don't think that. It's another lesson that we both learned. No matter what, don't skip the aftercare. And even if the submissive is in a bit of turmoil and decides to top from the bottom, don't let him go."

Jonathan nodded and melted a bit further in Garret's arms.

"How did you get over it?"

"I haven't yet, not completely," Garret answered. "I needed to be with you to do that. Cecille got me back to where I needed to be." He chuckled. "Actually, she threatened to take a cane to my ass if I didn't shape up."

Jonathan raised an eyebrow. "Was she serious?"

"Absolutely. She would have made me count and thank her for each one too."

Jonathan straightened with a start and looked incredulously at Garret. "No, she wouldn't? Cecille?"

"Cecille," Garret answered with a nod. "If you recall I told you that I had a Domme teach me like I was teaching you. Well, she was that Domme. Trust me, I've counted and thanked her before for a caning."

"I can't imagine you being disobedient enough to warrant a caning," Jonathan said and snorted as he tried to hold in a giggle. Which in turn made him giggle more, and soon enough he was having a full on laughing fit while Garret held him.

Garret's laugh joined in and they laughed together while holding on tight. Their giggles and chuckles faded away and they both sighed as if some tension had released them.

"Come," Garret said as he stood. "Let's get some food into you and take a long, hot shower. Then we'll talk some more."

They went, hand in hand to the kitchen, following the delightful smells of Lydia's comfort food. They still had a lot of talking to do, but both felt better. Jonathan was happy to continue this arrangement with his friend.

But both knew, to have any peace, it was time to deal with Scott.

12