Mating Season

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He smiled, running a finger across her bare shoulder. "That's it in a nutshell. Nobody gets hurt, we both get to see our families without having to get grilled about why we're still single, and everybody goes away happy."

"Except that we'd be lying to everyone, and at Christmas."

"Well, the other thing I was going to ask is what you'd think of us seeing each other once we get back to New York." Stroking a finger over her cheek, he brushed his thumb across her full bottom lip. "I really like you, Claire, and I think we'd both enjoy spending some more time together. So we wouldn't really be lying if we've got plans to see each other again, because that's what couples do, right? They go out, have some fun, and of course enjoy sleeping together."

She stared at him for a minute, trying to think it through. "You really think it would work?"

Brushing back the hair from her eyes, he shrugged. "Can't see why not. And it's not like we'd have to fake that we like each other, because we do, right?" He tugged at her nipple, laughing at the way she shivered. "So, what do you say?"

Claire rolled her eyes, seeing as he had her pussy already tingling, just from his touch, obviously she more than liked him. "Well, then we'd better get our stories straight. How long have we been seeing each other?"

"A month?"

She nodded. "Yeah, a month would work. Because when I went home for Thanksgiving just over a month ago, they asked and I said I wasn't seeing anyone, then."

He pulled her onto his chest, smiling up into her eyes he kissed her chin. "But then we noticed each other at work one day and just hit it off, and now we're crazy about each other. How does that sound?"

Claire grinned, because they really had hit it off, and she more than just liked him, so she wouldn't have to fake that.

With that settled, deciding she looked a little too tempting to resist, Greg nudged her legs apart, and when he stroked his hand over her damp little pussy and realized how wet she was, he flashed her a devilish smile. "You know one of the perks of waking up together has got to be morning sex."

With a little smile on her lips, Claire wrapped her arms around his neck and tugged him close, pressing her lips to his, delighted to be enjoying a little more sexy fun before they had to check out to catch their plane. Because one thing she knew for sure, they wouldn't be sleeping together under her parents' roof. They were too old school for that, especially since they weren't even engaged and supposedly had only been seeing each other for a month.

She broke the news to him at the airport as they waited for their flight to be called. Wincing a little, she said, "Um, just so you know, seeing as we're just supposed to be dating, especially for only a few weeks, my parents will expect us to sleep in separate rooms." Then she tried not laugh at the disappointed look on his face at thought of them sleeping in separate beds, especially after the wild night they'd just shared.

Finally, resigned, he shrugged. "Okay." But then he grinned, a very naughty grin as he informed her, "But just so you know, my mother will be fine with you sharing my old room with me."

Claire laughed, and heaved a sigh. "I can't believe we're actually going to do this."

Reaching out, he covered her hand with his. "It'll be fine. This way we both get to see our families without the hassle of having to explain why we're still single."

Claire nodded and squeezed his hand. Of course he was right, but she still hated the idea of deceiving everyone, especially with them all together for Christmas.

She slept a little on the plane, with her head resting on his shoulder. And when the plane started the decent to land at Minneapolis-Saint Paul Airport, Greg dropped a kiss on the top of her head and told her, "Hey, wake up sleepyhead, we're about to land."

Claire blinked trying to figure out where she was. Then she smiled when she noticed he was close enough to kiss, so she did just that, happily pressing her lips to his, since she knew they'd have to resist the urge to do much more than hold hands in front of her family.

And she liked the way he almost pulled her into his lap, when he really got into the kiss. Already she knew she was really going to miss him when it was over.

As they drove the rental car toward her family's farm, Claire told him the names of everyone, and explained that her family had been dairy farming in the area for well over a century. Greg nodded looking impressed as he tried to commit it all to memory. But he imagined once they got there, and he could put faces to the names, it would be easier -- at least he hoped.

The instant they pulled into the driveway, Claire's face broke into a smile, glad to be home for the holiday, and to have Greg at her side. The house just looked so warm and welcoming, and it really felt good to be back.

They'd barely stepped inside the big white farmhouse, with the festive red-ribboned wreath on the door, when her mother, with her silver-streaked brown hair up in a bun, wearing a pretty red dress and white apron, instantly laughed and pulled her in for a hug. Her mother smiled at him over her shoulder, as Claire tried to explain, while she almost squeezed the life out of her, that she was with her new boyfriend, Greg.

The instant her mom let go of Claire, Greg was pulled in for a big, warm hug, too. And her mother seemed to like him on sight, at least from the way she was smiling and squeezing him just as tight, was any indication, as she murmured, "It's wonderful to meet you, Greg."

Claire smiled to herself when she noticed her three sisters standing around grinning at the handsome man their kid sister had brought home for the family to meet, and at Christmas, no less.

Suddenly, realizing that Claire had arrived, eager to see her, everyone seemed to come out of nowhere. And in no time the big farmhouse kitchen was full to bursting, with over thirty of them, laughing and talking all at once, counting all the kids that wanted hugs, making Greg realize that he wouldn't have a hope in hell of remembering all their names.

Except for one adorable little red-headed girl with big blue eyes, clad in a festive green velvet party dress, and shiny new black patent shoes, who patted his thigh, looked up smiled and introduced herself. "I'm Reesa, and I'm four, what's your name?"

Captivated as much by her pretty smile as the inquisitive look in her eyes, Greg stooped to her level shook her little hand, and told her, "I'm Greg, your aunt Claire's boyfriend, nice to meet you, Reesa."

She nodded for a second. Then rocking on her heels asked him, "You wanna go make a snow man with me later?"

Reesa's father David, Claire's oldest brother, laughed and scooped her into his arms. "This one's chatty, and a little precocious, so be warned." He extended his hand and gave Greg a firm handshake and told him, "And I'm David, Claire's oldest brother, good to meet you, Greg."

"Good to meet you, too." He leaned in, and murmured in David's ear, "But just between you and me, I have no idea how I'm ever going to remember all these names."

David chuckled, and quietly whispered back, "I can hardly remember them all, and I see them all the time. So no worries, just smile a lot and they'll be happy you came."

Greg nodded and decided to take his advice, plastering a smile on his face as Claire began the round of introductions. And when she finished with, "And everyone, this is my boyfriend, Greg," the warm way he smiled into her eyes at the sound of her of her calling him her boyfriend, had her grinning from ear to ear, and everyone else looking around and coyly smiling at each other, because it looked like they were very much in love.

Her mother finally broke the silence, telling them, "Well, you two are just in time, we're just putting out lunch," pointing at all the covered dishes sitting on the long kitchen counter, as well as the center island. Your father's still out in the barn with your brother Scott, checking on the cows, but they should be in soon."

When Paul, Claire's youngest brother, walked over to shake Greg's hand, smiled leaned in and said, "Nice to meet you, Greg. And don't let this crowd scare you, they're all pretty friendly." Greg decided he could relax, since he already felt like he'd been welcomed into the clan.

But then his eyes popped when he got a look at the array of food spread out, that looked like it was enough to feed an army. Though it was simple fare, it all looked pretty tasty and smelled even better. And since he couldn't remember the last time he'd enjoyed a home-cooked meal, he could hardly wait to dig in. But there was just so much of it: a big pot full of steaming meatballs, another of bubbling baked beans, a tray of macaroni and cheese, about a dozen different kinds of salads, a huge ham covered in pineapple rings, and a foot-long baked salmon with dill sauce, along with breads and cheese, all kinds of casseroles, veggies and dips, and even more still stuff being hauled out of the fridge and oven.

As Claire handed Greg a plate, she leaned in and whispered, "Just remember, this is only lunch, and in a few hours we'll be expected to eat a turkey dinner with all the trimmings. So if I were you, I'd just graze." When he rolled his eyes at the prospect, she laughed and whispered into his ear, "Kind of reminds you of the feast from last night, huh?"

Though he nodded, seeing as her family were all laughing and teasing each other, and obviously having a lot of fun together as they filled their plates, the house just felt so warm and inviting, that he was glad he could be a part of it. As he helped himself to the different dishes, he could see the food had been made with love, probably with everyone chipping in, and decided that this would be even better than what they'd enjoyed the night before, since they'd be sharing it with her big happy family. And he'd bet it would all be really good, too.

It made him feel kind of nostalgic to be sharing a real home-style family dinner, just like he remembered, with two long tables set up with her mother's best china and glassware on a red embroidered table cloth in the dining room, and two others set up for the kids.

Claire was just glad that Greg was seated beside her, so that he wouldn't get stuck answering a lot of questions on his own, though she imagined there'd still be a few.

Just as they were sitting down, her father and brother came in from in the barn, shedding their outerwear, with a dusting of snow on their eyebrows, rubbing their hands together, looking all rosy cheeked from the cold. Of course, as he always did, before he did anything else, her dad went over and kissed her mother hello. And after Claire had introduced them, they both came around the table and gave Greg a hearty handshake, her father telling him, "I'm Jonas Olson, the head of this clan. Good to meet you, Greg, and welcome to our humble home."

After her father took his seat at the head of the table, bowed his head and everyone gave thanks, they all dug in and enjoyed the food as well as the conversation, with Greg joining in, like he'd known them forever. Of course as a boy, when he'd visited his family near here, it was a lot like this; loads of relatives, lots of good food, plenty of lively conversation and a lot of teasing and laughing. And he found that he was really enjoying himself, glad now that he'd suggested he come with her to share this special day with her, even if they weren't being entirely honest about why they were together.

But as he watched Claire catching up with her sisters, he wasn't too sure what she'd think of his family once they joined them in New York. Not that they weren't friendly, but they were nowhere near as warm as hers. Already he'd been made to feel like he fit right in, although they'd only just met them.

After he finished the last bite on his plate, he couldn't believe it when the table was cleared and a smorgasbord of delectable looking home-baked sweets was set along the length of the table right in front of him. Leaning close, he whispered into Claire's ear, "I can't understand how everyone's in such great shape if they eat like this all the time."

She shrugged. "Well, this is really just for Christmas, and farming's hard work, so they burn it off pretty fast."

Spending most days sitting behind a desk at work, he had to stay in shape at the gym, and was still pretty careful about what he ate. But since he did have a sweet tooth, and everything looked pretty tempting, he decided he'd just have to work out a little harder after the holidays and throw caution to the wind and enjoy himself now. Especially because he didn't know if he'd ever get another chance to enjoy a home-cooked feast like this again.

"Oh, you have to try these, Greg," Claire's heavily pregnant older sister Tracy told him, passing him a dish with delectable looking chocolate covered treats. They're so easy to make, but they're sooo good, they're positively addictive."

Greg rolled his eyes as he took a bite of the peanut butter and marshmallow chocolate covered treat that literally melted in his mouth. "Wow, you're right they're really good." And then he realized his mistake when he was bombarded with one thing to try after another, since it seemed nearly everyone at the table, even the older kids had made something to add to the meal.

Finally, blowing out a breath, realizing he couldn't eat another bite, he leaned in and said to Claire, "Do I really have to try and eat a turkey dinner later?"

She laughed and touched a finger to the end of his nose. "Told you just to graze. But dinner's hours away, and since we always go on a sleigh ride after lunch and play in the snow with the kids for a while, you should be able to at least eat a little by then."

He'd have to take her word for it, because right now a nap sounded pretty good, just to try and digest it all. But despite how full he felt, he couldn't remember enjoying a meal more, probably because the company was every bit as good as the food.

Claire's middle sister Lainie, walking around the table pouring everyone coffee, leaned in as she poured hers, and asked, "You still having trouble with your crazy roommates, Claire?"

Claire gave her the side-eye, wishing she hadn't asked that in front of Greg. But deciding there wasn't much she could do, she nodded and quietly told her the truth, hoping no one else would hear. "Yeah, it's gotten pretty bad, so I've been looking for another place to stay. But it's not easy to find somewhere affordable to live in New York."

Then she turned her head, glad to change the subject, when her father looked over at them and asked, "So how did you two meet?"

Claire smiled at Greg and told him, "We met and work, and we just hit it off."

"So, I'm guessing there's no policy against fraternizing between employees where you work, then?"

Greg flashed Claire a secretive smile and said, "No, there's not." Because if there was, he'd sure as hell want to change that policy the minute he got back to the office, now that he was seeing her.

Claire didn't even realize they were just sitting and smiling into each other's eyes, remembering the night they'd shared, after he'd said that. Until her brother David finally cleared his throat and announced, "Well, the horses are ready, so I guess once we've cleared this up, we should head out for a ride before it gets too late."

"But I don't really have anything in the way of snow gear," Greg told Claire as he considered how cold it would be on a sleigh at this time of the year. "I don't even own a hat."

"Well, I'm sure we can find you something to wear. I've got extra clothes here, so I'll be okay. But we'll get you some boots and a hat and some warm gloves and you should be fine, too."

His voice low and sexy, so only she could hear, Greg nuzzled her ear with his lips, and asked, "So will you cuddle with me on the sleigh to keep me warm?"

Shivering from the warmth of his breath, she turned and grinned. "You bet I will. And once we're covered up with a blanket we should be nice and toasty." They were talking so close, without even thinking she playfully rubbed her nose against his, and the way he was looking into her eyes, had her forgetting that this whole thing was supposed to be just for show, and that they had an audience watching their every move.

Finally, aware that everyone was looking, she pulled back. But she refused to look around the table, since she was sure that everyone would be grinning at them like fools. Especially her sisters, who'd already told her in the kitchen that they thought Greg was drop dead gorgeous and they could understand now why she'd been so picky, seeing as she'd held out till she found someone as hot as sin to finally bring home to meet the family.

But Greg was thinking that now that he'd have Claire beside him, cuddled close in a blanket, he was looking forward to going out and facing the cold, deciding that snuggling with her on a hayride might be pretty romantic, though he'd never considered the idea of romance to be such a turn on before. But everything about her seemed to turn him on, even just her smile, especially with the way it lit up her beautiful green eyes.

But then all of them started laughing when her sister Lainie, with a green elf's hat on her head, dragging a big box into the room, said, "Here you go guys," and began handing out ugly Christmas sweaters for all the men to wear. Greg wasn't spared, and he wound up with a comical Rudolph, with a light up nose. Once he tugged it on, Claire laughed, and said, "Ooh, now that looks good on you." He just rolled his eyes and laughed along with everyone else, happy to be included in the fun.

Then everyone was helping dress the kids, even Greg, who was given scarves to wrap around the faces of all the little ones, after they'd been bundled up and prepared to face the cold, snowy hayride.

The hay bale covered wooden wagon was long enough to fit them all. And as the six tall, sturdy white-footed chestnut Clydesdale's impatient huffs filled the air, and the festive sound of the sleigh bells circling their necks jingled as they shook their heads, everyone scrambled aboard securing the kids in the safest spots between their parents, before tucking them in with blankets.

Her cheeks a rosy pink, Claire was positively glowing as much from the excitement of riding with Greg as from the biting cold nipping at their noses. He hugged her to his side, both of them grinning at each other as she carefully tucked them in up to their chests in a big red plaid blanket. "You'll enjoy this," she told him as she leaned her head on his shoulder waiting for her father and brother to get the horses moving once everyone was settled.

Pressing a kiss to the top of her head, hugging her a little closer, he told her, "I already am," because being able to hold her close again, even as bundled up as they were, felt pretty sweet.

Though he'd never thought of himself as the type to enjoy something like this, he surprised himself when he realized that he honestly couldn't think of anywhere else he'd rather be on Christmas Eve than tucked in close with her going on a sleigh ride, surrounded with her big happy family. And he couldn't believe that the whole thing was only meant to be a quick fling, just a way to relieve some pressure, as it struck him that he couldn't remember the last time he'd felt as relaxed or as happy.

And now he understood why his parents had brought him back to this place as a boy, so that he could enjoy simple pleasures like this away from the hustle and bustle of the city. It really was idyllic, with the wide expanse of brilliant white snow covered open field, and the big red barn surrounded by tall, snow-capped majestic pines, glistening in the afternoon sun.