Mating Season

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

For a moment all she could do was stare. "But... I thought this was just supposed to be a way for us to get through the holidays with our families, by making them think we're together."

"Well, it might have been how it started. But, somewhere between our time together at the office, Vegas, the farm and here, I realized that I've fallen in love with you."

He smiled, feeling relieved when he saw the sparkle in her eyes and the way her lips were curling up in a smile. Then she slid her arms around his neck and brushed her lips to his, and murmured, "Your nephew's not the only one who's smitten with you. Since that first day when you wandered into my interview, I kind of wondered what it would feel like even just to kiss you. So, I've always had more than a bit of thing for you. Which is why I agreed to go to your room that first night, which is something I'd never done before." Then she sank her tongue into his mouth and he cupped her ass in his hands and squeezed, thrilled to hear that he meant something to her. But when she finally pulled back, he thought everything was perfect until she said, "The trouble is because of who you are I could never live with you. If anyone at work found out that we were staying here together, I'd never be able to live it down."

Smirking, he dropped onto his back and tugged her down with him, wrapping her in his arms. "But what if I promised not to fool around with you at work? I mean we talk nearly every day and I don't think anyone even notices, but I bet they'd wonder what was happening if I took you on my desk, especially if I got you squealing."

Chuckling, Claire shook her head. "I'm serious. I don't want everyone gossiping about us. And they would, if they ever found out I was staying here with you, or even that we're just seeing each other outside of the office. You're still my boss, Greg. And you know how people love to talk."

"I'd never tell. So how would they ever know?" Before she could answer, he rolled her onto her back, blanketed her body with his, slipped his tongue between her lips and really took his time and kissed her. And he let her have a feel of what she was doing to him, pressing himself between her legs, till she gave in and wrapped her legs around his waist, and he was right where he wanted to be, maybe even for the rest of his life.

By the time she opened her eyes, she could barely remember what they were talking about, he had her so aroused, and so ready, it was embarrassing. Smiling into her heavy lidded gaze, brushing a lock of hair behind her ear, he said, "I don't want to have to drive to another state to see you, Claire. And I think we both know that what we've got between us is something pretty special. So why don't you call the agent and tell him you've found somewhere on your own to live, and thank him for his time."

Smiling into the determined look in his gorgeous blue eyes, deciding that resistance was futile, since she could no more resist him than the urge to breathe, she heaved a sigh, nodded and said, "Okay," Then she tugged his head down and nearly kissed him senseless. And until they had to go back to work at the end of the holiday, they decided it would be fun to spend every minute they could in his bed, which is exactly what they did.

*****

Three months later, since they had four days off for the Easter weekend, Greg suggested it might be nice to go and visit her family again.

But he made a stop first. When they turned into the driveway of the old Hanson homestead, Claire had to blink a few times she was so amazed by the transformation. There were pretty baskets of flowers around the veranda, the windows were sparkling, and the grass was lush and green, with beautiful landscaping around the house and the driveway, and even a new flagstone path leading up to the house.

Then when he took her by the hand, smiled into her eyes, pulled out a key and walked her inside, looking around, she just couldn't stop staring. She'd seen inside through the windows before, and she realized that someone had done an amazing job of keeping true to the original character of the place, while carefully bringing it up to date, with shiny hardwood floors, beautiful furniture and an amazing kitchen. Then she looked at him, and said, "Wait a minute. Why do you have a key for this place?"

Smiling, he tipped up her chin and whispered against her lips, "Because it's ours now, sweetheart."

She looked around and said, "You bought this place?"

"Yeah, I hired your brother David to help me work on it remotely, and he found some local people that he knew he could trust to do the renovations. He and I talked to each other every day, while he kept checking in on them for me." He glanced around, nodding. "And I think it worked out pretty well, and it looks even better than I remembered. I thought it would be nice to keep it in the family. And we could bring our kids here every chance we get."

She blinked. "Our kids?"

Chuckling, he dropped to one knee, pulled a ring box out of his pocket and looked up into her eyes. "But we won't have any till after we're married. Maybe we could tie the knot in that little white church on the hill. So what do you say, Claire? Will you marry me?"

Deciding she didn't have much choice, because she was so in love with him that she didn't know what she'd do without him anymore. She smiled and said, "I think that would be a great big, yes."

He got to his feet, slipped the ring onto her finger, laughing at the way she gasped, because he made sure he got her a ring that would let her know just how much he loved her.

Then he smile and said, "And just wait till you see our bedroom." Then he winked, and whispered in her ear, "And I think you're really going to love the barn, because I know I will." Both of them laughing with her hand in his, he led her up the stairs, eager to christen their new home, but even more, start their future together as husband and wife. And hopefully by next Christmas, they'd be back, married, and just as blissfully happy, hopefully with a new little Hanson on the way.