Meeting a Woman 02: At College

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When it came time to cook he suggested that she watch how he cooked his meal and then she could repeat what he did to prepare hers. She liked that idea because she was still able to do it herself and able to learn as she was doing.

Everyone seemed to be having a great time and was all set by the time they lost all of the sunlight. It was nice to set around the fire and get to know more of the people in their club.

He had lost his phone signal a few times during the hike, but this location was high enough on a hill that he was able to check the weather before getting in the tent. He told Josephine that it looked like there could be a storm coming through around midnight but it didn't look too bad. He told her good night and got in his tent.

Before he fell asleep he heard her moving around in her tent. She must have turned on her phone light to help get herself all situated because he could see a lot of light coming from her direction.

Sometime around midnight, he started to hear the storm start getting closer. He hoped that it hadn't gotten any worse than just some rain and light wind. Time would tell. It didn't take long and he could hear the thunder and see the flashes of lightning. And then right on cue, the rain started. A little harder than he expected but he was more worried about the wind that was picking up.

It had been storming for about 30 minutes when he heard a snap, then a crash, and then a scream. He got out of his sleeping back quickly, found his rain gear and put it on, grabbed his flashlight, and got out of the tent to see what happened. His fear from earlier had come true. A dead branch had snapped with the heavy wind and came down almost on Josephine's tent. Luckily it only hit the tie-outs of her tent and it collapsed on her. Some of the smaller branches that came down with it did land on her tent and but some large holes in it. There wasn't any way that she was going to be able to use her tent any longer tonight.

He called out her name and asked if she was ok. She said she wasn't hurt, but she was scared and getting soaked. He asked if he could unzip her tent and she said he could do whatever he needed to do to help her. He unzipped the door and grabbed her sleeping back and her feet and just pulled her out of her tent that way. As fast as he could, he unzipped her sleeping back which was already soaked and told her to quickly get out and get in his tent. She did, but the poor thing was already soaked. It was going to be a long night for her.

He grabbed her backpack and what he could out of the tent and headed back over to his tent. He crawled in, pulled her pack in behind him, and zipped his door closed. She was sitting beside his sleeping bag and was already starting to shiver. He knew this part was going to be rough for her. He asked her if she trusted him. She said she thought so. He said that she needed to get out of her wet clothes because they were just going to keep sucking her warmth from her. She didn't like the idea.

He took off his rain gear and stuffed it in behind their packs. He was in a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. He knew he had a sweatshirt in his back but not another pair of pants. He told her his plan. He would turn out his flashlight and then he would take off his sweatpants. While he was doing that, she would strip completely down to nothing. He gave her his extra sweatshirt while he was explaining the plan. When she said she was done removing her wet clothes, he would hand her his sweatpants and she could put both the pants and shirt on. Then she should get into his sleeping bag. She agreed.

After that was done, he shared the last part of the plan. He didn't want to scare her but told her that she would need his body heat as well as her own to stay warm. He wasn't going to try anything with her, but he needed to get into the sleeping bag with her. She didn't like this part of the plan at all, but she was still very cold and agreed to it. He got in and got the bag zipped back up. He asked her if she had ever spooned before and she said no. He asked if she knew what it was and she said she did. He said that would be the best thing to do to get as much of his body head around her as possible. She was cold enough that she quickly agreed.

As he was holding her he started apologizing. He said that he wasn't trying to make this sexual but that he was having an involuntary response and he didn't want her to think he was trying anything. She said she believed him. But he was still totally embarrassed.

He tried to keep talking to her to make sure she was ok. She said that she was so scared when it happened and that when all of the rain started coming in she was in a panic and didn't know what to do. She thanked him for saving her.

He got an idea and thought was the hell, he would ask. He said Josephine, this is very embarrassing for both of us. How about we pretend that we are other people for the rest of the night? I'll call you Fi and you call me Nic based on our middle names. And if we ever talk about this again, it will be Fi and Nic we talk about not Josephine and Joseph. She thought about it for a few seconds and said it wasn't a half-bad idea and agreed.

They were quiet for several minutes and he noticed that her shivering and almost stopped. He asked her if she felt she was warming up any and she thought she was but still feltcold. She said Nic, I can't believe how scared I was. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before. I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't helped me, or if you don't keep helping me. Fi, I'm just glad that I was here for you and that my dad taught me what do to in this kind of situation.

It was quiet again for a little while. Nic, please tell me that you won't tell anyone about this. I know this is embarrassing for you too, but people will think something happened that didn't and it could hurt my reputation. Fi, I'll never tell a soul about this. I think what we should do is try to be awake before anyone else and be outside the tent already when the others start waking up. That way nobody will see you coming out of my tent. You can just keep wearing those sweats and folks will just think you slept in them, even though they will look ginormous on you.

Nic, you've been great through all of this. Can you keep holding me, I feel so safe in your arms right now. I know this isn't anything sexual for either of us, but it does feel very comforting to me right now. Fi, I couldn't agree more, there is something about holding you even in this non-sexual way that is giving me comfort as well. Thank you for trusting me and not thinking I'm some kind of pervert.

Fi, we should probably get some rest. We still have a long hike tomorrow to get out of here. Your right, night Nic. Night Fi.

`````````````````````````

He was up first and slid out of the bag and then put on his hiking pants as quietly as he could. Then he finished getting his shoes and his outer shirt back on and gently woke Josephine. He touched her shoulder and softly said it was time to get up. She opened her eyes and shook her head. He told her was going to go ahead and get out but she shouldn't stay in there too long.

Before he left the tent he got in his pack and got out his alcohol stove, water bottle, some single packs of coffee, and his cup and got out of the tent. In no time he had his water boiling and was drinking his first cup of coffee. When he finished he started getting the water ready for his second cup.

Josephine came out of the tent and walked up to him and said is that coffee she smelled. He smiled and said that it was. She gave him a sweet smile and asked if he had any more. He told her she could have the next cup. She shivered a little bit and he opened up his right arm and she walked into his embrace and she hugged his waist. She laid her head on his chest and said thank you Nic. He said anytime Fi.

The coffee was ready in a few minutes and that helped take away the rest of the chill that she had. As other people started getting out of their tents, he whispered to her that he was going to go take her tent down and load her backup up so that nobody would see her broken tent. He told her she should stay where she was and just talk to folks to keep their attention away from her tent.

Once he had her tent and backpack loaded, they were in the clear. He then got his tent put away and his pack loaded. The leader asked how everyone was feeling and how things went last night and everyone seemed to be doing ok. A couple of people mention that they had a hard time getting back to sleep after the storm came through but still felt ok.

Their hike back down to the vans went well but they took a lot of breaks just like yesterday. They got their gear loaded in the vans and off they went back to campus. The drive back seemed long. Josephine was getting sleepy and her head snapped a few times as she was fighting sleep. Joey put his arm around her and she leaned into his and fell asleep. As he looked around there were a lot of other folks doing the same thing, so it didn't look suspicious that they were.

As they got back into town with the starting and stopping of the city driving, Josephine woke up, patted her hand on his chest a few times, and then sat up. She looked him in his eyes and said thanks Nic, I needed that. Anytime Fi. Anytime.

As they were walking back to the dorm he told her that her tent and sleeping bag should just be put in the trash, that they would be of no use anymore. When they got to their doors, she set her stuff down and walked back over to him, and asked if she could hug him. He quickly agreed. Instead of hugging him around the waist, she put both arms around his neck and pulled him down to her. He countered the move by wrapping his arms around her waist and standing back up straight. The effect was he brought her completely off the floor. He liked the feeling a lot. It was another thing that wasn't supposed to be sexual, but this was starting to be right on the line for him.

She gave him one last squeeze and as he set her back down she turned and kissed him on the cheek. She thanked him once again for being a gentleman and helping her through what could have been a worse situation. She would never forget his. Then she turned and went into her dorm.

```````````````

She spoke with her dad later that evening and was anxious and cautious about sharing her story with him. He could tell something was bothering her, but he was patient and let her tell it in her own time. After about 15 minutes of each sharing the past week's updates, she told him that she had something embarrassing to tell him. He braced himself a little bit and waited for her to start.

He was aware that there was a Hiking Club trip that weekend and when she didn't say anything about it before, thought that maybe something had happened. She told him about being paired up with someone because of the buddy system. She had mentioned Joey before and all of the same mirrored college life they seemed to be having. So it was just another on the list of things they somehow shared when she told him that Joey was in the club and that they were assigned as buddies.

He was starting to get worried that this guy seemed to be around his baby all of the time. But he just listed to Josephine to tell her story. She described all of the beautiful scenery in the rolling hills, the small streams and animal life, the color of the leaves, and just how beautiful everything was. She described how helpful Joey had been with going to the store to help her get her gear, gave her tips on things that didn't seem obvious to her, and just did a good job of not just letting her do everything for herself but making sure she understood things. As she described it to her dad, she realized how much more she appreciated Joey than she realized before.

Then she went on to describe the storm that came in and was a little worse than was forecasted. She hadn't taken Joey's advice about the placement of her tent and a tree branch had fallen because of the high winds. It hit her tent and destroyed it and collapsed in on her. She got soaked and was in a paralyzing panic. Joey had heard the commotion and came to her aid. He physically pulled her out of her tent and told her to go get in his to get out of the rain. She just realized that he must have had on rain gear when he came to help because he never got wet. Hmm?

Anyway, here comes the embarrassing part. She was soaked and the temperature had dropped as the storm came through. Her teeth were shattering and she was visibly shaking. He explained about getting out of her wet clothes and he shared an extra sweatshirt and pants he had with her. She left out the part where he no longer had any pants on.

She told how he explained what they needed to do to get her temperature back under control by sharing body heat inside the sleeping bag. Her dad didn't like that one bit and she heard him release a breath loudly. She assured him that Joey was a complete gentleman and didn't try to touch her inappropriately at all. She said he even apologized for his involuntary response down below, but that he didn't try to move around or do anything with it. He thought the kid must be gay or something if he hadn't tried anything with his beautiful daughter. But he wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth. He was just pleased that Joey had looked out for his baby. Even if it was uncomfortable for both of them.

He said it sounded like Joey was a very nice young man and that they both made the best of a very awkward situation. He asked what she thought of Joey and if she thought they might become more than friends. She said she didn't think so. He was a hunk and all, but she had committed to herself that she wouldn't date or get close to any guy her first year. She thought that it would even be hard to be friends with him because she was so attracted to him. Her dad was pleased and thanked her for being open with him and that it sounded like she was making a very mature decision and that he was proud of her. He said he would like to meet Joey if it worked out on his next visit just to see the young man and judge his character for himself. She said she would try and that it would be good to get a second opinion on Joey from someone that truly had her best interest at heart.

He said that he was planning to come up for a visit somewhere around Thanksgiving and that maybe they could arrange something. He asked her to look at her schedule and see if it would be better to come up the weekend before or after T-Day and would do whatever worked best for her. She said that she missed him and was looking forward to spending some time with him.

```````````````````

They worked it out so that her dad would be visiting the weekend after T-Day. He asked if she had made any arrangements yet for the introduction to Joey but she hadn't yet.

She knew she needed to but just wasn't sure about it. She finally just did it and approached him after one of their classes. Maybe he would be going home for T-Day and that would end the whole thing quickly. She asked how things were going and all seemed well with him. She asked about his plans over the T-Day weekend. He said that he was hanging around campus because he was planning to go home for Christmas break. She explained that she had told her father about their camping trip and that he wanted a chance to meet Joey. He asked if her dad was mad at him or something. She said she didn't think so and that she was thinking it might be more of a "thank you" kind of meet and greet for helping her.

He told her he could do whatever she wanted and that he would be free all weekend and just text him when she had something planned. He stammered around a little and asked her how much she actually told him. She said pretty much everything. He clarified by asking even about the involuntary thing. She giggled and said it only because she wanted her dad to know how he had been a gentleman even though certain other things were going on. He blushed a little and said, do you know how embarrassing this is going to be for me Fi? Now it was her turn to blush hearing her character name from that night. I guess you'll have to add it to the list of things I need to pay you back for then. That makes two if we are now keeping track he said with a smirk on his face. She just smiled and shook her head. She was still smiling as she walked away and said she would text him the details when she knew.

`````````````

Her dad flew into CMH. Not a bad flight from Florida in 1st Class, but it was a little more crowded than he had planned. He got the Range Rover his secretary had arranged for him. It was nice, he hadn't owned a Rover before. He texted her that he had got his car and was on his way. He left the lot and was on campus fairly quickly, then the hard part began of trying to find a parking lot that didn't require a parking sticker of one flavor or another. He finally got parked and found his way to the tower. He let her know he was there and she came down right away. They decided to just leave for dinner right away. They found a place that was open west of campus in Grandview called Basi Italia. It had great reviews and turned out to be fantastic. She ordered the Eggplant Parmesan and her dad went with the Pan Seared Salmon. The service was great and both decided that they would come back the next time he visited.

They enjoyed catching up but it was soon time to drop her off and him to check into this hotel. They said their goodbyes and he headed to his hotel. He was thinking that during their whole conversation she hadn't mentioned this Joey guy. Hopefully, things were ok, and she had arranged for him to meet them sometime this weekend.

He picked her up about 10 am the next day and they had brunch and then went to a science museum called COSI (Center of Science and Industry.) It was a fascinating place. She loved it as a young adult, but it would have been even better as a younger child when imaginations were still fully vibrant. She would guess that many scientific careers were launched from this place from just one visit by a child.

They were getting ready to leave and her dad finally just came out and asked if she was able to arrange a meeting with him and Joey. She said that they had just left it kind of open and that she would be texting him when they had a little time. He suggested that she invite him to come to dinner with them. She asked if he was sure, but he thought it would be good. He even pointed out that if he was here on the T-Day weekend, maybe getting to go out and eat would be a nice treat since he didn't have any family nearby.

She sent him a text and they picked him up just outside the tower and drove down to the German Village area to a restaurant called Valters at the Maennerchor. The food smelled phenomenal. Both of the guys ordered Maennerchor Schweinehaxe or a pork shank served with potato salad and Josephine ordered the Mediterranean Chicken Pasta. They all agreed this was a nice treat. There just weren't a lot of good German restaurants around and this would be a good one for future visits.

Joey asked Mr. Monk what he did. He said please call me Andrew. I don't mean to be rude but I'd prefer to call you Mr. Monk until I've gotten to know you better. It is just how I was raised. Certainly Joey, I just wanted you to understand that I feel comfortable with you. He continued that he owned his own 3PL company and had started it from nothing and it has become bigger than he or his late wife could have imagined. They manage logistics for small to medium sized companies and with their expertise, they can save their partners a tremendous amount of money. They continue to grow each year and are starting to expand their footprint to the western part of the US.