Meeting Her Pt. 04: Dual Affairs

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In the end I enjoyed my Thanksgiving feasting on her body, mostly from her tits to her pussy, with plenty of good stuffing. She especially enjoyed what she called the "never-ending, never-fattening drumstick," whenever she asked. She liked it juicy, and made plenty of juice by putting it "in the oven" for repeated short fucks where she got off but I didn't, then eating it until the juice was gone. Repeat.

I kept to all her rules: all sex was face-to-face and lips could never touch. I could kiss her cheeks, neck, ears, eyes, nose, in fact anything else but not her mouth. She said it was because of our jobs, but really it was her self-image as a slut while I, an exalted faculty member and published researcher, "deserved much better than her widely-known and well-used body."

She also insisted on "no creampies" but it was clear the there would be plenty of pussy eating and me cumming. Her solution was that I deserved a freshly-showered Nancy before every pussy eating. We had a lot of good clean fun.

Nancy's quick overnight visit for a mood adjustment Thursday turned into Friday and Saturday hiding in my bed. She knew that neither side would call the other looking for her after the great TV fight. In my bed only fun things happened to her body and she liked that better. She was eager to return my favors and swallow to the limit of my endurance.

We got out of bed to prepare and eat our meals. For one of those the conversation got serious because of how we met.

-

Chapter 6. Nancy Confesses

When she came over on Thanksgiving Nancy was stuffed with her family's turkey. But for both Friday evening and Saturday lunch I planned significant meals, and there was plenty for her, so I did not change my plans. Friday she watched as I prepared lasagna with chopped prime rib and bacon instead of ground beef - it really is a sin.

After the wonderful meal Nancy's heart was overwhelmed with how well I was treating her. There were other things going on as well, she was much better off than she had been when classes started. She deserved it, but she thought it was all on me. Guilt had built up. She talked with Curtis after the paycheck thing, they had a frank conversation that aroused some unsettling memories.

So finally she tearfully confessed her financial stake in my recruitment. She indicted herself, she was not just a slut, she was a paid-to-be-naked whore.

I already knew most of the story, but I let her confess, her soul needed it.

Going back a full year, our venerable Dean was in a jam in terms of accreditation. Those people really only care about publications by faculty because they can always use it as a club to beat on faculty; they the low number of publications as a way to judge faculty members because they can always count such things without the bother of reading, evaluating or even understanding them. Teaching quality is NEVER considered, because as administrators who make sure they will never teach again, Deans know NOTHING about measuring teaching quality. But they can count peer-reviewed (read by other people) publications, so that is mostly what counts. Their Union of Deans and ex-Deans, operating as the Accreditation Association, was past the edge of de-accrediting the College because the faculty of the business school were just not publishing. The non-publishing culture was entrenched.

(I assume that you are not so naive as to believe the purpose of an a university is to teach - because obviously they do so much that detracts from teaching. Based on published salaries, you might notice that the highest paid people are sports coaches, even at schools with lousy sports programs who enroll but don't graduate a lot of athletic scholars. Also, in most departments, the highest-paid faculty see the fewest students. Draw you own conclusions.)

Now, you might reasonably ask why faculty would be motivated to publish. In truth, it really is a lot of extra work to put yourself out there. The faculty are tenured so they can not be fired. The merit system (which is written by the Faculty Senate with their very pro-faculty liberal bias) is rigged to keep the faculty relatively comfortable economically without working too hard, and without any connection to the market or reality. When the merit document was written, publications were rare and not worth much compared to the effort involved. So why should the faculty bother?

Very simply stated, every impotent dean needs something to attack faculty with, so they created their asshole association which made publications the easy weapon to beat upon faculty BECAUSE it was difficult extra work for faculty. I would argue that accreditation exists ONLY to empower deans, because without it they would have no real power. We could not have that, could we?

Also, because accreditation ignores market values and teaching, it is more irrational and useless than the decrepit faculty senate.

The accreditation association regularly kicked schools out, but most of those were small schools with no students and no political influence; they are often for-profit competitors to the accredited schools that sell convenience and an "easier" degree in the name of earning the big bucks of government student loans their students will have to work two jobs to pay for once they graduate with a worthless degree. Public universities want these parasites eliminated because they are competition.

Hillside was a public/private university with more than 5,000 current students, and dozens of former students in the legislature, so it was more significant. The accreditation committee cheated on their own rules and came up with a plan. They agreed that if the venerable Dean could come up with a plausible operational plan they would give him a second chance. Working with the University they set realistic but tight deadlines and wanted progress reports each semester, starting with hiring a credible productive collaborative researcher. They made a list of potential candidates. I was one of the few (20) who seemed to fit the bill and (this was important) I would consider taking a well-paying job at a school that was operating under a death threat.

Most faculty avoid risk, tenure is the ultimate safe haven in our economy. But I am a diversified risk-manager, I invested the fortune I made in arbitrage, now I took risks seeking fame and power. My reputation boosted my market value and allowed me to ask for top dollar (a status measure) plus some heavy and significant intangibles.

The venerable Dean used the term "Secret Double Probation" for the school's status when he talked to Nancy a year ago, he had used every favor he had to keep them from pulling accreditation, his plan was approved and the University was all in on this plan as a last shot.

Losing business accreditation carried a massive, potentially mortal cost to the university, his firing would be the first of many. Business departments would be moved to other schools, like Marketing to Communication and Economics to Liberal Studies. Faculty would take significant pay cuts. The best faculty members would leave to other universities, for them and their families it was a great inconvenience. Bad faculty with tenure would stay and rot even more. A more serious immediate problem was about 30 families who would lose their jobs (PAs, janitors, etc.) but were not faculty and could not move. People like Nancy. Then, without a business college, total student enrollment would decrease for the entire university each year while inflation drove costs up. The campus would death spiral down to ruin, becoming historical footnotes in 5 to 15 years due to the merciless economies of scale.

Of course, in 15 years the great majority of the tenured faculty, and 100% of the faculty senators, would be retired. So why should they care?

The situation was so desperate that the university leaders at the highest levels (President Curtis and the Board) authorized some extraordinary measures, as long as nothing that broke the rules was written down. It would be delicate, both the venerable Dean and the Provost would be deep into the process of breaking rules and their jobs would be on the line.

In short, the plan was recruit researchers who could publish with other people. This was critical, so many high-volume publishers are solo specialists who do not play well with others. Others work only with their "buddies" from their PhD program or whatever. The key to success here is a "strange but true" quirk built into the cruel idiots and Deans accreditation scoring system. That quirk was that a minimally qualified publication with two authors at the same school counted TWICE as much as the best publication in the best journal with one author. (These things did not have to make sense, these are rules for idiots and Deans.)

For accreditation, there is no splitting credit. You might say that Deans can count but fractions are beyond their abilities.

So what the college needed was a publication multiplier - somebody who would co-author with a bunch of other hostile people at the school. A very rare breed indeed.

The accreditation people provided the Dean with a list of names that might work and put together a semi-secret hiring convention for schools in trouble. The next question was whether any of these top-dollar worthies were interested in Hillside. Not many folks with new PhDs were interested in working hard at a school in trouble because they had a hostile faculty and no future. That leads to the final question: what will it cost? Premium pay was just a start, solid support from the top was critical. One point was clear to all, the established faculty, and their peer leaders (including, but not limited to, department chairs) would see any such "Publication Star" as a threat to their comfortable status quo, to be harassed and removed. So the publication multiplier needed extraordinary protection and special powers to operate.

As a matter of policy Ober-Chair Bumblur of my department was opposed to hiring ANYBODY on the list, since it would make him and his buddies look very bad. The Chairman is central to hiring every faculty member, so this was not a trivia problem.

Unless I was given the power over his head. But first we had to talk. How could they get me to sit down with them for the second time, when they made their pitch?

A secret part of the plan was that the kindly, venerable Dean asked Nancy to employ her "winning smile" to entice heavy hitters from the list onto the faculty. They both knew what he meant. After all, she was one of the best and the highest rated teachers in the college, but as a local without a PhD she could not easily go to another school so she had a big stake in keeping things going. Also, Nancy was an alum, and when she had been a student she had a dual reputation: academic excellence and very relaxed sexual standards.

Neither of them liked it, but failure to get a high volume, collaborative researcher/publisher on board right away was too terrible to contemplate. They both knew she had a "low threshold" for some activities. The higher ups were not asking her to do penetrative sex. The key was arousing interest with a female's implied promise about the future. The appreciation of the university, in terms of an honorarium (a percentage of my pay), was mentioned. She could consider her contract renewed for next year. (As staff she was a year-to-year hire, so this was a big deal.) Also, she would be "insulated" in scheduling, which is a primary way Chairs could control peons.

Reluctantly, Nancy agreed. The venerable Dean appointed her a special member of the Recruiting Committee, reporting and responsible only to him. He said she would be "reimbursed for ALL recruiting expenses... without documentation needed" because he (and Curtis) trusted her. Without saying the words they both knew he was talking about how she would be paid to employ her winning smile directly.

Nancy confessed that, at the time, she felt both good and bad about the request. She liked the school and her job, and was needed. But it was like the venerable Dean appointed her the "sacred prostitute of Babylon" for the school. It sounds nice but the key word was "prostitute." Well, she liked the old guy, and he was clearly desperate, so she gave him the benefit of the doubt and promised to try.

My name was third on that list of 20 from the accreditation folks, but with a few calls President Curtis and the Provost identified me as #1 on their draft board because I was the guy who was open about exploited risk for reward. I saw the school's troubles as a leveraged opportunity to earn both monetary and huge ego rewards, assuming there were a few people I could work with to get ahead, starting at the top. I did my homework before we even made contact, I was very much part of the grapevine. Prof. Dryden was one good person I could count on. I also got word that Nancy as a smart potential coworker well before she shared her smile with my cock. There were a few others.

That weekend Nancy confessed that she was paid for both the hiring convention (when she "shared her friendly smile" with me and two other guys) and during the campus visits (one of the guys declined to visit). But her big cash reward came when I signed on the dotted line for my "unreasonable" contract with all the unwritten powers. Her cut was equal to 10% of my first year salary, an amount which was greater than 2 months of Nancy's regular annual salary. She used that check plus her 10-year old trade-in and a small loan so now she was styling in a new Nissan Frontier purchased at the dealer's summer close-out sale.

(At the convention she and I talked about cars. Because of my financial background I could afford any car. But I drove a basic Frontier while I was at my PhD school. I could afford a Maybach, but I needed to fit the right image.)

As part of my 4-year contract with some maxed-out raises, I had made a number of performance guarantees involving working with other people. In exchange I demanded and got real promises of support from the top. I was working for the Provost and the President, not the Dean or my openly hostile Chairman. After a meeting with the President where I outlined my need I negotiated directly with the Provost. Dryden was in on all meetings to advise, and the venerable Dean took the heat, but the two Chairs (mine and Nancy's) were not even informed, lest they abuse the knowledge - as charter members of the Asshole Society they would not be able to help themselves. In fact I was hired over the strong objection of all the chairs in the College, even though they knew they did not have all the facts.

In time I would make them all pay dearly for their "non-endorsement letter." When I met my first objective I was allowed to fire and humiliate one of the assholes, to "turn the herd." That was one of the the non-monetary promises the Provost had made. I would continue to earn one "power move' when I hit each goal.

Thanks to Nancy I was now ahead of schedule for meeting that first objective.

Now feeling a little like an engaged woman, Nancy was naked in my bed where I enjoying her body and making her feel much nicer than any boyfriend ever had. She felt mortal shame for deceiving me and said she was unworthy of my future consideration on a personal or professional level. (More on that in a later in the future.) She was so ashamed to enjoy it so much!

None of this surprised me, there had been a lot of discussion, and some frank disclosures of the obvious, in working out my contract.

I started to build her up again. In my eyes she had done no wrong, she went to the convention but the sex (only BJs) was sincere because we both wanted it. Ditto for the other guys she did, I knew them all from the seminar/workshop/working paper circuit. They were nice guys but were really not a good fit to get the job done. Too nerdy and centered on their own work. That was exactly the conclusion Nancy reached and reported. But the exercise did them and Nancy some good.

I told her, "You will recall, we did talk. I saw you first on paper, a week before we met, as somebody I was interested in working with. That was the first thing I said to you when we were introduced. (I had mentioned her PhD courses, she was flattered that I knew.) You and Dryden were both draws, and as you have seen I carried through with both of you. The sex was very mutual." She blushed at that, I was her first paid encounter and I made her feel good instead of just sitting back and letting her work. "When I invited you to my room I wanted to talk to you more than I wanted to get naked with the Ober-Chairman we ate supper with." She had to laugh her agreement with that, we talked for two hours before she made her move.

I stressed that she was not a whore, because, "we were both sluts! You were honest, wholesome and sincere. The university was paying you for the considerable inconvenience of being at the convention, they do the same with all faculty except we get merit points, which are worth a lot more. Recall, we didn't actually fuck... but that did not decrease the attraction. I liked you and hoped that you wanted to work with me! I pleasured you more than you pleasured me."

She replied, "Oh, you got that right. You were better the first time than any guy I was ever with. Also, Dryden swore you were head and shoulders above the others in terms of publishing potential. The Ober-Chairman offered me cash to "do what I had to do" sexually to land you. But I couldn't take his money, he is a natural bastard so it would have come back to bite me."

Well, that answered my question of who I would move against first once I earned my right to humiliate somebody in public. "See, that proves you are not a whore, but are a good person. I could tell from the start!" I waited a moment while that sunk in, then I added a little positive reinforcement. "You know you were not the only overnight offer I received for that night."

"Really? Who else?"

"Do you recall those two twins, from California? One was blond with a red tinge, the other was pure white? They were cruising the check-in desk when I arrived, but I turned them down before they introduced themselves. I figured they were brought along as recruiting aids."

"How... how could you know I would offer if you were just checking in?"

"Also, there was the black woman with the short hair, she made an offer before we talked."

"But... she has a PhD... and a fantastic figure. Plus, word is she does special things... Wouldn't she be a better colleague than me?"

"No, not that it matters. Her PhD is from a school in Boston. It wasn't supposed to get out, but it was very heavily plagiarized. But the school accepted it, so now she is out there, tarnishing everybody she associates with."

"But, if those offers were in hand, why did you pass on them and take me in at the eleventh hour?"

"I didn't go to the convention to find dates. I went to find a place I could work. During our talks you confirmed all the good things I had heard about you ahead of time."

"Who told you about me?"

"Ohhi, Wills, Bottom, and others I can't mention." I mentioned some of her more prominent teachers from her graduate program. "I knew you would be there, and I wanted to get your informed view on things. You have a perspective that is not usually available. I knew about Dryden and the Ober-blow-hard before I walked in. I was looking for a job that would pay me a lot, and give me the power to save a good school. Plus, if you recall, we didn't get to the sex part until the next morning... it was not part of the arrangements until it happened. I did find the sleeping arrangements delightful, but that was not why I came here."

She blushed at that, as her first "date" she really had a hard time convincing herself she could do it. So she didn't, until the next morning."