Meeting Her Pt. 07: The Convention

Story Info
Nancy’s convention win leads to life-changing surprise.
39.4k words
4.38
2.1k
2
0

Part 7 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/14/2023
Created 03/04/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The presentation of the co-authored paper at an academic convention is the culmination of the events that changed Nancy's life in academia by putting her onto the career path she thought was unreachable.

Chapter 1. Convention meeting - the nature of the academic convention.

Chapter 2. Health Drinks - early arrival, cosmos lead to overnight fun.

Chapter 3. A Responsible Adult - somebody has to sign the bill.

Chapter 4. Surprise, Surprise, Surprise - all three are surprised.

Chapter 5. Cumming After Coming Clean - three on a bed.

Chapter 6. How We Got Here - the paper, from August to January.

Chapter 7. Nancy's Presentation - Nancy finds her high and kicks the rodent.

Chapter 8. Flying - Nancy has to discharge her high. Somebody's watching you.

Chapter 9. Pike For Dinner - Tuesday Convention Dinner.

Chapter 10. Buy You A Drink? - after dinner conversation.

Chapter 11. Late Night Strategy - pizza with the Hillside people.

Chapter 12. Isabel's Turn - Isabel wants him, Nancy helps.

Chapter 13. Travel Plans - Dinner, Awards and getting home.

Chapters 2, 4, 5, 8, and 12 contain various intimate encounters.

Chapters 7, 9 and 13 are critical to the story line.

All other chapters advance the plot and provide background.

I have tried the keep the academic facts-of-life concentrated in their own chapters. Some readers know these things, some readers don't care. But academics work in mysterious ways and some might be curious about the facts.

Chapter 1. Convention meeting

January 11-15, 2021

The paper Nancy and I co-authored was scheduled for presentation at a convention in early January. Since it was before MLK it was counted a part of Fall 2020. This was a big deal, Nancy got promoted with a big increase in pay - retroactive to the start of the September - just because she was listed on the convention's program. The school looked better because we were ahead of the draconian schedule the accreditation group set for the school, which was suddenly even more important because of the state's new funding shift.

This convention was the only one for business programs (that is those who assign business textbooks) within driving distance. It was held at a resort hotel in the scenic (snowy) country. While the hotel made money on the weekends they had very few week-night guests between New Year's and Valentine's day. So about three decades ago the hotel people got together with the vermin from the textbook companies and organized this regional convention for the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday before MLK - before classes started. It actually made sense for all concerned. The convention was a mainstay of the academic calendar for any business departments within driving distance - roughly a 250 mile radius.

-

This next little section is boring, with no sex, but non-academics will wonder. If you want to skip ahead to to the next chapter go ahead.

There were four real reasons for the type of self-flagellation that makes an academic convention: textbooks, recruiting, scholarly exchange, and socializing.

There were always new textbooks to sell. By having the sales-droids from all the vermin in one place, faculty with a complimentary adult beverage in hand can easily and quickly compare features of each shiny new book on the market. (I bet my mention of "textbooks" and "beverage" in the same sentence explains something you have always wondered about.) This is another way of saying each textbook firms does not have to lug tons of books every school in the area, instead they lug the books to one neutral spot, offer booze, and the teachers come to them.

You may be aware that competitors don't usually like to congregate for easy comparison, they usually want to confuse you with selective facts. But textbooks are not like clothing or autos. The thing was, the objective is to sell their pricey NEW textbooks, so their primary competition isn't another textbook company but rather their own OLD textbooks which the faculty knew and liked and would never change if they had a choice. (Okay, some books like Tax have to change every year. But those are a tiny minority. Auditing systems, Marketing, Econ, Stats, HR - the basic knowledge here does not change. Yet they sell expensive new books anyway, which is why I call them vermin.)

The key here is that used textbooks do not generate revenue for textbook companies. So they really had to show faculty, one-on-one over donuts or lunch or drinks, why the 12th edition ($600) was better than that ancient 11th edition ($25) the college used for the last 3 years and was suddenly unacceptable. They did that by politely comparing their new book to the other new textbooks in the next booth. Drinks and attractive sales-droids made the new books look better.

The textbook vermin picked up the tab for the meeting rooms, the programs, and one meal a day for the herd of faculty. For business conventions they brought mostly sales-droids in short skirts to the convention because they knew what worked. Handsome, motivated young sales-guys are actually at a disadvantage selling books to middle-aged male faculty.

The second reason folks come to a convention was recruiting, it was a central location where resumes could be circulated and first interviews could be conducted, saving valuable time and money on both sides of the transaction.

The third reason was scholarly work, which was presented at the convention. In theory it is faculty teaching their peers new and exciting things to carry back to the students, and it could be the only real value, to society, in the convention. The collected presentations were published in the Proceedings, which was the second rung up of the publication ladder. (The first rung is the "Working Paper.") These presentations were often the key to reimbursement; schools paid the travel, room and meal costs for anybody who was listed "on the program" from the school making a presentation, because of the prestige it brought to the school.

The fourth reason was to socialize with faculty from other schools, perhaps other alums from the PhD business school you attended. Conventions provide plenty of access to captive eating and drinking establishments where faculty teaching at different schools in different departments could meet their friends to relax on their school's expense account to trade gossip. This sounds like an opportunity for assignations, but really, unless you bring your own female or have a same-time-next-year arrangement, the opportunities for naked fun at a business convention are slim to none - unless you write textbooks. Established writers attract the highest class of perfumed, well endowed vermin. They are called "handlers."

By having a female co-author... well, I don't have to belabor the obvious. I am a smart guy and many other convention attendees envied me.

At the convention every business college within driving distance sends somebody to collect resumes and textbooks while "showing the flag" for their school. Academic attendees, 95% of whom were male, trade rumors over drinks with close friends once a year. Department Chairmen who made an appearance spent most of their time trying to figure out who they could steal from another school, and who to avoid like the plague. Faculty went to advertise themselves as somebody who could be stolen, if the price was right.

Having Nancy listed as the presenter for our joint paper greatly increased her value to the school. This counted as a big deal for faculty merit, which was how faculty got raises. (At my school, going to one or more conventions in a year was considered 1 merit point. Presenting a paper counted as more merit points for each listed co-author, and one could present a given paper "to improve it" as many times as it was accepted and you cared to endure the indignities of travel, hotel meals, etc. If you were a glutton for hospitality industry meals and very lucky you could present at 5 conventions in a week. But nobody who deserves a PhD is that stupid.)

-

Chapter 2. Health Drinks

Nancy was scheduled to present our joint work at 3:30 Tuesday, in the first session scheduled, in the main room of the convention. Some organizing committee thought she would draw the biggest crowd of the week - relative to the other thrilling papers accepted, so they gave her the prize lead-off slot in the first group of three papers. Each presenter got a half hour. That was important, if one of the first two - who were professional talkers after all - ran long the third presenter got screwed because nobody stayed a minute longer than the scheduled 5:00 ending. It was like a rule. In fact, a lot of folks left early.

It was Nancy's "first" in several ways so she was super excited and extra nervous at the same time. She would be the youngest and (it goes without saying) most attractive presenter of the week. If there was space I might join her on the podium so I could be recognized, nod my approval, and humiliate anybody who dared to flummox her with a hostile question.

The resort hotel for the convention was either picturesque or damn isolated, required a 3 to 6 hour drive for all attendees, unless you had a small private plane with skis. Most attendees starting driving very early Tuesday morning so they could get their for the free lunch-with-speeches pre-start. If you got there early enough you could hustle a liquid lunch from some textbook female sales-droids.

However, as the dreary economists often remind us, there is no such thing as a free lunch.

Rather than risk anything going wrong with the long drive Tuesday morning, Nancy and I drove up Monday afternoon in the Hummer H1, which was designed to keep up with tanks on a battlefield even in desert storms. To save expenses and paperwork we professionals agreed to share a room. Doesn't everybody?

All the rooms in the convention hotel had 2 king-sized beds, that is one of the draws. For normal weekends the resort had 2 advertising brochures. One said it was great for a family getaway with young children to enjoy the indoor waterpark and snow-covered cross-country ski trails for healthy fun the whole family could enjoy. The second brochure pictured two attractive young couples in sleepwear and stressed how it was as a fun place where friendly couples could be extra friendly with their friends (i.e. swingers) in a place where private fun was part of the package.

We planned to stay Monday and Tuesday night at the hotel, then return home Wednesday, so we could tickle each other's good parts in my bed for breakfast, lunch and dinner during the couple of days before classes started.

I don't know why, but it seems every woman I have known finds sex in a hotel room to be special. A hotel room was actually where I first met Nancy, when she dropped off some documents at a convention just a year ago. That led to a delightful night cuddling naked together, although I had to endure meeting the Ober-Chair during the day. The next morning, as a 'thank-you' for my understanding and hospitality, Nancy insisted on sucking the cum out of my balls and swallowing with a smile.

After the drive up Monday we enjoyed a light supper where the university paid for a few Cosmos that were listed on the bill as "health drinks." (I was sure the cranberry juice is healthy for you.) That got Nancy's mood adjusted before we hit the bed. Nancy saw no reason to mess up the covers on both of the beds. We sharing one bed, starting in the sort of heads-to-tales arrangement Nancy loves, it was more fun after Cosmos. Nancy does love her BJs after her Cosmos.

The Cosmos at the hotel were not the best, but we were not going to get dressed to go out looking for something better. Monday, still wet from the shower and happy from the drinks at the hotel bar, Nancy spent over 40 minutes working me up then backing off, making it something of an endurance contest for me - to see how long she could hold off tasting my creme. For her it was just plain fun to tease me almost to climax, then back off without finishing the job. Finally she accepted her abundant creamy treat from me, showed it to me in her mouth, and swallowed it down with a big smile. My knees were weak at the end, good thing I was in bed.

After my fun she wanted to cuddle and fall asleep in my arms. She really did not have the energy for me to reciprocate. It was a very early bedtime, well before her normal bedtime, but I was not going to argue with her thoughtful plan.

A few hours later there was a change in plans. Nancy woke up with a special thirst, and she knew the bar was still open. We put on minimal clothing and strolled down to the bar for a nightcap. We each had a Cosmo or two in the bar and then brought "one for the road" back to our room. Then we each opened a few buttons on the other and we were naked. I sat on the bed, she sat on my cock, and we had fun making out while she finishing both our drinks. When the cocktail glasses were empty we might have tried them on her tits, she was thinking about a naughty costume for the Mardi Gras party the tennis team alums were organizing. After the fitting I had to lick her tits clean because somebody had to and she couldn't.

When I was done licking we again crawled into a 69 position where we had a great time making each other smile. She was a little bit adventurous as she worked on getting that second load out of me, it took long enough that my tongue made her extremely happy three times. Then we fell asleep together in mid-genital-kiss.

One of the nice things about being in a hotel is that you can set the room to a temperature where no covers are required. That is what we did, it made sleeping where we dropped, in our favorite position, a lot easier.

I have generally found that women are extra friendly when they wake up naked someplace with maid service. It was only 10 Monday night, but to make sure we got a full good night's sleep I put out the "do not disturb" sign and scheduled the wake-up call for 11:30 in the morning. I also ordered a hearty room-service breakfast for 11:40. We both needed to get a full night of sleep so she was razor sharp on stage Tuesday afternoon.

I also knew Nancy liked a little friendly exercise when she woke up with a friend, especially when she and I were naked and no alarm clock was involved.

-

At sunrise - about 7:30 after over 9 hours of sleep - Nancy woke up. She discovered something was stiff so she just had to sit on it and do her exercises. I said it was a great way to wake up and we enjoyed a very relaxed twenty minutes before she got into this frantic "had to finish" mood where, for the third time in 15 hours, she coaxed a load of my cum out of my balls, filling her pussy in the usual mutual fun way. She looked very excited and very pleased with herself, as she felt me explode into her. After we were both done she fell forward and we kind of fell into our second lip-to-lip kiss ever.

She was about 10 seconds into the kiss, a kiss where I was having a great time, when she suddenly realized what she was doing, breaking her own "no kissing" rule. I felt her stiffen like she was going to pull away, then her body said "what the heck" and relaxed into it. That was even better for me, we both loved the feeling of lips and tongues enjoying each other.

"Am I to assume this is now okay for us?" I asked when she was broke the kiss a little later.

"Well, I was right about it being so easy for us to do without thinking... President Curtis saw us kiss and he didn't demote me or anything, so I guess it is okay. Anybody who sees us kissing can take it up with him... they can explain why they were watching us so close. Still... could we maybe try to avoid it on campus?"

"I will try, but you must know your sexy lips are hard to resist. I might not be able to stop myself... like right now." I pulled her close for another kiss. She let me, although I could tell she thought about resisting. We were naked in a hotel bed for goodness sake, why resist? We carried on like that for a very good long time.

"It is hard for me to remember a time I ever felt so good, both relaxed and good about myself," was the last thing she said before our lips met again.

"You are welcome," I whispered. She chuckled.

She sort of stayed where she was, sprawled on top of me, taking advantage of maximum body contact between us. It was a little messy in some places, as always the 'stopper' had popped out, but that is why the maid eventually shows up.

We both took a nap. Well, it had been a very exhausting ride. Maybe that nap went longer than expected, Monday had been a long day.

It sure ended with an abrupt surprise for all three of us. Yes, I said "three." That was part of the surprise.

-

Chapter 3. A Responsible Adult

Before I talk about the big surprise I have to back up a bit.

I guess, given how much the college is spending to send the troops to this convention, there has to be a responsible adult on site. Normally that is the College Dean or Vice-Dean. But our venerable Dean decided he just didn't want to take a long winter drive to three days of boring meetings. His wife explained it to him while twisting his arm. So at the last minute he put Heir Broomhead in a corner by musing aloud about retiring soon. It was January, when Florida was so much nicer; did Curtis know he had a boat down there?

Curtis did know, the venerable Dean had sent a NSFW picture a few year ago when he was down there in January. They looked like they were on the ship called "Clothing Optional." It was a picture that Curtis could not unsee.

In addition, in his office the venerable Dean had a large picture (7 feet across) of him at the wheel of his large sailing ship, one big enough to retire on and depart on a voyage around-the-world, using the old-fashioned route without the canals.

In fact that picture was the boat the Dean used to have. Then the Dean won the annual "Hurricane Bingo" contest. After one of the hurricanes (they come every year) made his large boat into small pieces, the insurance company bought him a "smaller boat but nicer" boat plus a bargain-priced condo that was three years from being "ready for full-time occupancy," as far as his wife was concerned. This was all part of a secret nobody else had a clue about. It was negotiation leverage.

Curtis purely dreaded looking for a new Business Dean, it was a job he really hated but could not entrust to anyone else. Also, because the college was on "secret double probation" nobody any good would take the job, and nobody else had the contacts to navigate through the troubled waters ahead, so he was stuck. Curtis also knew that, in all fairness, the venerable Dean had attended enough dreary conventions for several lifetimes. Still, somebody had to go be responsible.

Normally the Dean's "Evil Right Hand," Vice-Dean Ms. Lucretia, would go in place of her boss. She attended last year and the year before. She usually caused trouble by picking fights with other Deans because of their excessive maleness, which she threatened to fix, but that was her nature and Curtis understood.

However, this year the Vice-Dean was admitted to the hospital with a really bad stomach problem, caused mostly by the possibility of becoming the Acting Dean of Business if her boss retired for any reason. That headache was compounded by the fact that on January 2 the Vice-Dean's wife of two years, who was head of the library, had run off to the Caribbean with somebody, or maybe everybody, in a touring conga band. The couple had been the highest ranking and most visible married lesbians on campus. What could be more embarrassing!

So Monday morning before the Tuesday convention start, when Nancy and I were enjoying each other's company starting the drive up, Daddy Brumhuld asked his "Daughter of a Thousand Hats" Isabel to represent the school at the Dean's table.