Melinoe Ch. 16-20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Rusthemod
Rusthemod
482 Followers

Nomissa marveled, "It iss mosst fortunate her Excellency hass befriended one sso talented."

Samira laughed, "Yea... Agatha made a very similar impression on me."

0o0

Agatha updated Joon and Zess of the progress of the investigation.

"Haeguss Enclave." The Ambassador repeated one of the freight destinations. "They have ssuffered a rassh of unfortunate breeding sscoress. Sso dire the fate of late, they might loosse repressentation." The Ambassador turned to Joon, "I must report thiss to the council..."

Joon blinked, glancing briefly at Agatha then back to Zess, "Should we leave?"

Zess shook her head, "They are aware of your pressence here, though, I did not update them of your recent involvement... Ass of yet."

Joon smirked, "I leave it to your discretion, your Excellency, we are not seeking recognition."

Zess smiled fondly at Joon, "I am aware... In that casse, if you and Agatha would ssit on the other sside of the pit." Zess glanced at her sisters tilting her head suggesting they join her guests on the other couches. They quickly moved as Zess sat alone in front of her low com-table.

Zess took a deep breath and tapped in a holocom request.

0o0

Agatha's dozens of ethereal felines dissipated one by one, Nomissa watched the shimmering opalescence leave Sami-Faun.

"I musst update her Excellency of our progress," Nomissa stated.

*I have been giving Ambassador Zess a play-by-play, Nomissa, she is requesting a council meeting as we speak.*

The golden avatar nodded, as Nomissa responded, "Let uss then Recall back to RL..."

0o0

Joon watched and listened wide eyed. Agatha was translating through Joon's earbud... The Dauzakai language was amazing. To human ears it sounded like music.

The quiet hisses punctuated with clicks and chirps reinforced Joon's opinion of the Dauzakai. They added Terran standard to their language education along with half a dozen others.

The Ambassador greeted each member of the Council. Zess gave an overview of the events from her understanding concerning Miku during the last ninety minutes. The Council consisted of five Superintendents and a Justice who along with the Ambassador were the seven members of the Dauzakai Planetary Government.

As Zess finished her overture, the first round of questions started. After a dozen questions one of the Superintendents barked at another. Two of the Superintendents began a heated debate, but the Justice interrupted.

The Justice was the highest ranking Caretaker on Dau. As such, she kept order as was the duty of her High Office. Zess answered a question from the Justice after which the Justice then proposed a continuation of the investigation and expeditious pursuit of actions based upon the discovery.

The proposal did not include expanding knowledge of the incident to regional authorities, the idea that keeping the circle as small as possible was expedient as Miku's life might hang in the balance.

The Justice called for discussion...

There were three questions, which Zess answered. Zess made a long impassioned statement then called for the question...The Justice called for a vote on the question... Five voted in favor and Zess thanked the Council for their valuable time.

The holo-screen dissipated, and the Dauzakai Ambassador Zess turned to look at Joon. "Exquisite Lady Jooniper, on behalf of the Dauzakai I would petition employment of your sservicess to Locate and Resscue Miku."

Joon and Zess locked eyes. "Will you pleasse help uss?" Zess impassioned softly.

Agatha whispered through Joon's earbud the level of emotion she was feeling from the Ambassador. Joon slowly stood and walked around the table to Zess... She then knelt next to her. "My family will do everything in our power to Find and Save Miku, you have my word."

Zess gasped and embraced Joon. With Zess's sisters now crowding in with her on the couch Agatha updated all members of the investigation as to the newly expanded mission parameters.

0o0

Max handed the borrowed Kaimau Hurricane back to Samira after she had recovered from her dive. And several empty water glasses now adorned Duri's com-desk.

Nomissa was updated by Zess on a direct link. The investigation team now worked out protocols for what needed to happen to ensure a successful conclusion.

Nomissa summoned Duri. The Intendant's security Caretaker was given Council orders to lock down the offices and maintain a complete information blackout until further notice.

Duri nodded in acceptance, realizing just how dire the situation had become.

Nomissa led the investigative team back to the Ambassadors shuttle. While walking to the docks Max rolled a number of scenarios through her mind and by the time they had buttoned up the shuttle, Max knew what she would be asking. Nomissa eased the shuttle from the Service dock.

"How difficult is a remote holo and cyber media blackout of an area to orchestrate?" Max glanced at Nomissa.

Nomissa nodded understanding where Max was going with her thoughts.

"It can happen with little difficulty, conssent from the high council iss all that iss required."

Max pursed her lips then nodded, she then looked at Agatha. The emotions from Max caused Agatha's eyes to widen.

"You got a dry run with the pizza party. You're Miku's best chance of survival, Agatha... I am giving you operational authority."

"All Hands to Action stations!" Max ordered her newly minted Tactical Officer.

Agatha nodded once, "Aye-Aye, Captain."

0o0

Agatha apprised Joon and Zess of Max's orders.

Joon smirked, "Your Excellency, Agatha and I offer to stay at your side to liaise for this operation. My lovely spouse here will be able to keep us fully informed as events unfold."

To emphasize her declaration she put her arm around Agatha's waist. Vess and Ness glanced at each other with confusion. Less already knew Agatha was far more than she appeared.

Zess smiled, "Thank you, Exquissite Lady, You and Agatha are more than welcome."

0o0

Vika had been sitting on the pilot's couch for about ten minutes, then glanced at Agatha. Agatha nodded at Vika as Max gave her new orders.

"Conatini, Agatah" The freckled woman smiled.

Agatha grinned, "Tanku Vika, des watta gud gerl, ayam luf yoo."

A few minutes later the platinum-blonde engineer stepped onto the bridge as Agatha got up from navigation. Agatha slid onto the command couch and noted the Ambassador's shuttle was just over five minutes out.

With Samira's guidance one of her Hands was also prepping the Cyborg's combat set, armor, and weapons.

Astrid took her seat at navigation, "Do we have a target battle-space?"

"Incoming now..." Agatha nodded as she sent the Haeguss Enclave notated topographic projection map.

Astrid studied it... "How far out are they?"

Vika glanced at Agatha.

"Two minutes out... go ahead and warm her up, Vika." Agatha nodded to her red-headed spouse.

Vika brought ship control online and the military-grade Trankaran sub-light engines were coming up to temp as the Ambassador's shuttle touched down.

0o0

Nomissa was going through her shut down procedures as Agatha and Samira exited the shuttle, but Dame Max waited with the Caretaker.

Nomissa glanced at the Terran, "What are you waiting for, Dame Max?"

"You... I want you there for this... It's your Investigation after all." Max smiled.

Nomissa blinked, then faced Max, "I really appreciate that... Thank you."

After the shuttle was locked down, Max and Nomissa trotted to the Deirdre's open cargo bay door. Agatha was at the door and as Max and Nomissa crossed the threshold she thumbed the DNA lock and the heavy door began to close.

Max nodded to Agatha as she led Nomissa deeper into the tiny warship.

Nomissa followed the tall Terran Captain, Dame Max. The moment her ambassador had informed Nomissa that she was going to invite the Terran holo-celebrity Jooniper Smith...Nomissa had done a deep dive security background search on her. Ms. Smith's information was mostly straight forward. A Marine instructor and a Doctor for parents.

It appeared though Jooniper's wife was somewhat of an enigma. No public acknowledgment, only that Joon wasn't single. Information for Captain Max Anders was oddly thin. Only notable mention was Jericho Olympic Archery and time in the TFMC. No place of birth... No family information...

Nomissa had been a Caretaker for far too long not to be suspicious.

Then the Staverka Ambassadorial Event Massacre happened.

Nomissa had cursed the decision to leave security to the Slarmians... Zess's faith in Ambassador Crinx's arrangements should not have kept Nomissa from her side. Captain Max had saved the two Ambassadors... and almost a hundred Slarmian nobility. Nomissa's clearance had allowed her to see some of the media not released for public consumption.

Jooniper Smith's wife was much more than she appeared.

Nomissa knew the Terran Marine was missing limbs after the massacre. Yet Max Anders did not display any serious injuries...Then Zess gave Nomissa information that changed everything.

Starchild.

Her Excellency brought Nomissa inside on everything she knew about her guests.

Nomissa was rarely surprised, her cynicism as a lifelong Caretaker had left her numb to them. But a mythical creature straight out of Bolon ancient history definitely got her attention...and then some. Not only was a legendary Starchild a member of the Deirdre's crew, but a spouse of Jooniper and Max.

Nomissa was now looking forward to the next revelation to a seemingly endless string of witnessing the impossible.

Dame Max walked up an interior ramp and stopped at a heavy open door. Inside, Nomissa could see other crew members gearing up in combat armor.

The tall Captain turned to Nomissa, "Let's see if we can get you kitted out, Caretaker."

0o0

Vika brought up the power levels on the corvette she was piloting and the Deirdre eased out of the huge hanger shaped grotto above Sakima-sadi-misimi.

The Terran corvette then descended fifteen hundred meters and moved out over the dark waters of the massive Dau ocean. Agatha had Vika fly low above the water and when the ship was only meters above the waves the Deirdre slipped into its stealth suite.

Activating the matrix of sensor-baffles, the corvette was now invisible to passive electronic sensors and all but invisible to the naked eye.

Vika changed course, now flying parallel to the coast and maintaining eleven kilometers from the shore.

Agatha altered the display on the PCCFX 'digital paint' to copy the horizon's colors and shading on the shore side.

"How close do we need to get to get a link?" Vika asked no one in particular.

Astrid answered, "About a kilometer, the closer the better of course..."

Vika nodded, she glanced at her airspeed, "About twenty minutes..."

Agatha nodded, "I'll have Samira at the ready."

0o0

Samira glanced at Nomissa and wiggled fingers hello... with one of her six hands.

Nomissa blinked, "Hello Ssam... Thosse limbss look very...intimidating."

Max and Agatha were trying to size pieces of armor for Nomissa's small frame.

"Yea... This is my combat set, so intimidation is an added bonus." Samira smirked at the yellow scaled Dauzakai. Samira girded on her heavy armor breastplate then Agatha turned to her.

"I'm ready for you in the Com-hub, Hon." Agatha smiled.

Samira nodded, "Alright... let's do this."

She grabbed her helmet and thumped out, her broad hooves sounding new to Nomissa. Nomissa was fitted in the Terran anti-ballistic armor, with heavy plates covering her vitals.

Max and Agatha helped Nomissa into a nanoweave coverall and poncho. Agatha helped Max with her armor next.

Max glanced at her, "Are you suiting up too?"

Agatha smiled, "I already have five prepped and checked in the briefing area."

Max nodded, "Any Idea how long it will take in cyber?"

"I am not exactly sure, but I have much more confidence after the Yelenth station foray."

Agatha glanced at Nomissa and winked. Nomissa smiled weakly.

Max was swathed in nanoweave, "You'll be able to get Sam kitted out in good time?"

Agatha nodded, "Absolutely, her armor is tougher than ours, and the nanoweave is easy."

Max tilted her head, "What is she going with?"

Agatha smiled, "You'll see..."

The expression on Max's face was priceless, "You are quite playful today, command must agree with you."

Agatha beamed a smile, "It is nice to weave things together."

Max smiled, "You seem to have a handle on it."

"I will of course follow my Captain's orders..." Agatha smooched Max's cheek.

Max nodded, "I know, that's why I put you in charge of this operation."

Nomissa blinked

Max turned to Nomissa, "Do you need a weapon, Caretaker?"

The Dauzakai gave a short bow, "I have sseveral... Thank you, Dame Max."

Max nodded, "Let's head down to the briefing area."

0o0

Samira thumped into the Com-hub.

Agatha was at two of the double com stations, one Hand looked to Samira and smiled.

She pulled out a pillow, "Until we have your diving chair made, I can only suggest a spot between com-stations."

Samira nodded, "That works."

The sandle-wood skinned woman put her helm on the deck and laid down next to the com station. Agatha tucked the pillow under Samira's head, "We are about five minutes out... All I need you to do is get in there... nice and quiet."

Samira nodded, "I will do my best."

"I know you will." Agatha laid down and cuddled up next to her.

The exotic pale-skinned woman gently kissed Samira for a while until... "Thirty seconds."

Data jacks snaked out of one of Samira's hands, but she held her dive until it was time.

0o0

Vika dropped velocity, allowing the wash to dissipate, she kept altitude to fifteen meters and Astrid watched the signal display while Agatha altered the PCCFX 'digital paint' to reproduce an image of the water behind the Deirdre in real time.

It wasn't as effective as a nanoweave, but it helped. Astrid suddenly announced, "We have a signal..."

Max went through her checks, finding the routine was calming her pre-action Adrenalin rush. She carried her customized assault rifle, the compact bullpup design with a tactical sling.

Nomissa was quiet in the briefing area, glancing occasionally at Agatha, and all of her hardware. The five Hands were in full kit, two carried XR-75's... Three carried XLR-120's.

Agatha had a specific plan in mind... She just needed the intel to fill in the details. Max had Agatha run this operation for a very unique reason. The Captain knew coordination and information were key factors in these kinds of missions.

Agatha's ability to be an active participant in all facets of a mission was a level of advantage that Max couldn't even begin to fathom. Max didn't know how long it would take Agatha to get the intel she required, but after the Yelenth Station experience, Max knew Agatha would get it and get it quickly.

The trick was... Could she get it without setting off alarms. The safe liberation and extraction of Miku was the only priority of this mission and Max knew Agatha would do everything she could to succeed in that.

0o0

"Go..." Agatha said simply to the woman who cuddled next to her. Samira dove... the immediate swirl of color swarmed as she coalesced into the local cyber-node. She didn't move, or adjust her facing, she did a passive scan of where she was.

There were only two constructs... but they did not appear to be active. One looked like a twisting tree, very pretty, so it might only be decorative. The other was a kind of raised roadway...She noticed she was at the very edge of the node.

"I'm in... and it's quiet... all on you, Ag's."

Samira staggered as thirty avatars shimmered into the node at a full run, moving many times faster than she had ever seen anything move in cyber.

*Sit tight, I will be as fast as I can.* With that... Agatha's ethereal ghost cats disappeared into the distance.

0o0

Astrid stared unblinking at the display...The powerful passive sensors installed on the Deirdre were exceptional. A certain platinum-blonde rate nine engineer had never heard of Terran sensors so sensitive.

Astrid suspected they were NTT 'Not Terran Tech' or at least a Terran copy of NTT. Her previous job was all about NTT, Astrid had personally worked on dozens of Terran ships upgrading them with NTT.

Astrid was comfortable with the idea of NTT and loved new and exciting possibilities. Considering the pile of spy tech that she knew was NTT Astrid was confident of her view of the magpie nature of humanity and the TFN in particular.

Terrans happily stole anything that wasn't nailed down and guarded with murderous intent.

Something flew along the rocky coast... it was large, about three times the size of a hover car "Contact... " Astrid said out loud, knowing full well Agatha had already seen it.

Agatha stood behind Astrid, "It's a Heavy Battle Drone." She sent the information she had on it to Astrid's com. The schematic appeared, updating with sensor data.

The drone was armed with two 15mm tri-barreled HMG's and a 40mm Gauss cannon. It's armor was heavy enough to shrug off any small arms fire, if you could get through it's shielding. It also carried four Light Battle Drones which were hover bike sized and lightly armored but ridiculously fast and maneuverable. Those were armed with a 10mm LMG and a 20mm Gauss rifle and the ability to self-detonate with an abbreviated torpedo-like warhead.

"Fuckmuffins... Dauzakai don't mess about." Astrid said, staring at the technical data.

Agatha nodded, "Their entire Warfare doctrine is based on various types of Drones."

Astrid blinked, "Why is it deployed?"

"It's on a training exercise, or at least that is how it was authorized." Agatha pursed her lips, "It's not very subtle, but Mulsi Holdship has a number of..." The pale-skinned exotic woman gasped softly and looked at nothing in particular.

Vika glanced over at the mission leader and Astrid looked up at Agatha as well.

0o0

Samira felt innumerable surges of power go through her...Sami-Faun managed to hold steady through the deluge. "If you can hear me... I hope you find something soon." Samira said out loud.

She heard the haunting sound of Agatha giggling in cyberspace 

*I am finding what is required, Samira... and I can always hear you... I am still in your arms after all.*

Samira's anxiety fell, "You've been out there for a while."

*I am doing as much as I can to make Miku's extraction as efficient as possible.*

"Oh, so you've found her?" Samira asked.

*I have, but we are running low on time... You can Recall now, Samira.*

0o0

Cat-eyes... Steel grey gilded with silver greeted Samira when she opened hers. "Let's get you kitted out, you need to attend the briefing in operations."

Agatha helped Samira to her feet, gave her a bottle of water to chug and dressed her in nanoweave.

Before Samira made it to the briefing she was locked into her helmet with her visor up.

Agatha gave her briefing to the bridge and operations simultaneously, Vika was already following a flight path. While the Deirdre was looping back out, away from the rocky shore Agatha explained the layouts that she had set on holo-screens on the bridge and in the briefing area.

Samira, Max and Nomissa would be primary recovery. It was up to Agatha to keep everyone alive, guide the mission, troubleshooting... Literally. Agatha lifted the large anti ballistic riot shield, It had a nanoweave sleeve, Samira accepted it and she was able to hold it behind her back with two of her six arms, changing her appearance from spider to beetle in an instant.

Agatha had brought Samira's two XR-73's. Then, when Agatha showed Samira the short whip-like item... She smiled broadly. Samira opened the aperture in her armor and the corresponding aperture between her dimples of Venus. Agatha eased the blunt object into the offered synthetic orifice and Samira moaned very softly.

Rusthemod
Rusthemod
482 Followers