Memoirs of a Shared Wife Ch. 08

Story Info
My favourite mistake?
2.3k words
4.21
13.7k
13

Part 8 of the 45 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 03/15/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Pippa76
Pippa76
402 Followers

Our plans had come to an abrupt and grinding halt.

One plus out of it was the fact that our safety barrier had saved us from extreme embarrassment. It had done its job.

For that at least, i was thankful.

The situation with harry, from this point forward, just went from bad to worse.

First there was his shock reaction to my supposed threesome.

Knowing that there was no way our fantasy would ever be realised with harry, kind of put a damper on our 'playtimes'. It proved to be a passion killer.

My heart just wasn't in it after he had made his position clear.

Then, a couple of days later i was out shopping at a local supermarket with john.

We had finished getting our groceries and had put everything in the boot of the car.

I was sat in the passenger seat, john was in the process of putting his seat belt on when he suddenly stopped what he was doing and stared at something across the car park, a frown beginning to form on his face

"Isn't that...."

He only got those two words out, he just trailed off.

I followed his gaze and saw harry walking towards his camper. There is a petrol station near the supermarket and he had been in the station shop to pay for fuel.

With him, looking lovingly up at harry was a young lady. She had been in the shop with him and bought a drink by the look.

Harry had his arm around her....

"Yes.....it is"

I answered johns unfinished question.

We watched as they reached the camper and got in, harry lowering his hand to the young ladies rear and giving it a squeeze.

So, not his daughter then.

If any more proof were needed we then watched through the camper windscreen as they shared a serious looking kiss, which was no 'peck on the cheek'.

The lady in question looked very young, probably 18 or 19, so....young enough to be his granddaughter.

Very pretty with a figure that i would kill for. She had long dark hair all the way down her back.

We continued watching in stunned silence while he drove off.

I looked at john and he looked at me.

There was a brief pause where neither of us knew what to say. Then john with raised eyebrows and a hum said

"Hmmmm..... interesting....i wonder who that was?"

Who indeed.

I just felt foolish. There i was thinking i had him to myself.

That 'cheap' feeling I'd had earlier when i saw how harry looked at me during sex, resurfaced.

It was clear that he was not content with just me.

Along with the anger and embarrassment i also felt inadequate. I had given him everything, done everything he wanted to do....and it still wasn't enough.

Uptil that point i had been on a confidence high, self esteem much improved, put simply, i was happy within myself.

Here i was getting all this attention from not just one but two handsome men.....but now....i was clearly out gunned by this other girl.

She was prettier than me, a nicer figure and more importantly almost 20 years younger....

I think that was the worst bit, I'm well aware I'm not getting any younger.

For the rest of that day i felt down and generally very bad about myself, despite johns best efforts to cheer me up and get me to see sense.

It was right what he said, i just couldn't or didn't want to hear it at the time.

We had made a mistake and chose the wrong guy, that was all. It wasn't worth getting upset about.

But i blamed myself, after all, doreen had warned me what he was like and I'd gone ahead anyway.

Monday came around, i hadn't heard from harry over the weekend, he normally texted me on saturday or the sunday evening with instructions for our next meet up.

We did see each other at work later that afternoon. He seemed his usual self and when i did get a chance to talk to him alone i asked why he hadn't been in touch?

Harry said it was family issues but did not elaborate.

I knew that was a lie.

Then i said

"Who was that you were with at the petrol station?"

He looked at me frowning

"What do you mean?"

I gave him a look and told him that he knew what i meant

"Oh her"

A grin formed on harrys face, he laughed then said

"That was my grandsons babysitter"

He said it with raised eyebrows and a cheeky grin.

"Your grandsons babysitter!"

I said it with genuine surprise, the man really did have no shame, he was proud of it.

I asked how old she was and how long he'd been seeing her?

"She's 18"

He said defensively. They had been seeing each other a week. So he'd been with me at the same time he was with her.

I looked at him with a frown

"Harry..... she's.....she's young enough to be your granddaughter"

His grin broadened

"I know"

He said it with genuine pride, then went on

"What can i say?.... she's into older men.....like you"

That stung, i was about to reply but harry kept going

"Anyway.....it's better she learns about the birds and bees from me rather than some spotty teenager who doesn't know what he's doing"

He could see i was getting angry

"Hey.....look....i still like you pip....and i still want to see you....your lovely....."

That also stung.

I'd gone from being gorgeous to..... lovely.

He continued

"....but it's not like we're engaged or anything....we can see others"

I began talking but trailed off, unsure of how to finnish my sentence

"I know but.....i thought...."

I felt so foolish.

Perhaps i meant to say....i thought you'd be satisfied with me....

At that point yvonne came into view and we had to stop talking about it.

It was clear that john was right. I had chosen the wrong guy for our purposes. I'd been blinded by lust and couldn't see the bigger picture.

I knew then that i didn't want to see harry again. It was over.

I told john when i got home. He was actually quite pleased as he'd had a bad feeling about harry right from the start but didn't want to say anything as he too had been obsessed with what we we're doing.

He pointed out that what we needed was someone more like neil, someone that would appreciate me.....and be satisfied with just me.

Although my decision had already been made there was more awkwardness to follow.

I got a text from harry on that monday night apologising for being 'blunt' with me and asking if i wanted a lift home the next evening.

I texted back and said that i couldn't make it. Our plan now was to tell harry that john was suspicious, that someone had told him i was playing away.

I'd leave it a few days then deliver the message to harry that we had better cool it, after that i would just not see him again.

But, before i could do this i had a very uncomfortable encounter with doreen......who had something to tell me.

It was wednesday afternoon late on, harry and tony were there unloading the bags. They had both gone outside talking. Doreen had been out back too emptying the bin.

She came back in and walked straight past me at the table, gave me a serious look and gestured discreetly for me to follow her.

I was initially confused but did as requested, following doreen into a quiet part of the main shop.

Once out of earshot of everyone she asked me a question, with a concerned look on her face

"Is it true?"

Now more perplexed than ever i asked was what true?

"I've just overheard harry talking to tony....."

My heart suddenly leapt into my throat as i realised what this was probably about, doreen continued.

".... he's talking about you.... about what you two have been doing"

Breaking eye contact with her and quickly looking down at the floor, was all doreen needed.

"So it is true......you silly girl!"

The 'you silly girl' part was said slowly and with purpose.

"I knew it.....what did i tell you about him?....your willing to risk your marriage and the well being of those two boys?......for him out there!"

I dragged my eyes back up off the floor and looked at an angry doreen. She was shaking her head

"I thought you were better than this pippa....i really did.....do you know he's out there right now bragging to tony about having two of you on the go?.....you and some young lass.....did you know that?....he's seeing a teenager as well?"

I acted surprised. But it was no good the damage had been done, i had lost the respect of someone i liked and looked up to.

I remained quiet while doreen finished

"He only cares about himself....walk away while you can....that's my advice"

With a stern look that penetrated right into me, doreen turned and walked briskly away.....

Leaving me feeling so.... stupid.

I had been stupid, full stop.

Blinded as i was by lust and naivety.

My obsession with harry had clouded my judgement and this was the result.

I decided at that moment my time there are at the charity shop.....had come to an end.

I had been humiliated.

The only thing that could be salvaged was the fact that the full depth of my desire had not been revealed.

Thank god i had not told harry everything.

The whole threesome thing.

It was time to move on.

After my encounter with doreen i went straight to stella and made up some story about family troubles and needing time with them.

Stella was very understanding, i felt so bad lying like that.

I wanted to leave right there and then but she asked me specially if it were possible to work the rest of that week while she found someone else?

What could i do? Everyone had been so good to me, i owed them.

So i agreed to do it.

Those 3 days were some of the hardest of my life.

I won't go into detail as to what happened but i found it very difficult.

Doreen came around and started being friendly again, once she realised i had given up on my affair with harry.

I told harry the story about john becoming suspicious and that we had better cool it.

He became quite distant with me after that. It was just as well.

I could no longer bare even being near him.

What had once set my heart racing now repelled me.

I left the british heart foundation shop on a cold rainy afternoon in late february....for good.

I never went back.

As i walked to the bus stop i had to cross the road at a pedestrian crossing.

I pressed the button and waited for the green man....a car pulled up next to me as the lights changed to red.

There was loud music coming from the car.

It was sheryl crow....my favourite mistake.

That song, for me, will always be connected with harry.

A mistake made but a valuable lesson learned.

The end.

Epilogue.

I had received my baptism of fire.

I had been hurt but had also learned from the experience.

I never made that mistake again.

Although it's true that i never went in the shop again i did see the girls i used to work with out and about.

Doreen in particular always has a friendly talk with me upon meeting.

I still see her from time to time.

As for harry?

He ended up coming off worse in a fight with the husband of one of the married women he entertained in his camper van.

According to a gleeful doreen who told me while bumping into her at the supermarket, harry had concussion, a broken jaw and fractured eye socket.

It just goes to show that no matter how big and tough you are there is always someone bigger.....and tougher.

Authors note.

Ok, I will now give harry a score out of 10.

Neil will not get a score because i never did it properly with him.

Harry was very much a 'point and shoot' guy. He was big down under and knew it.

Which is kind of good......and kind of bad.

Guys with big dicks?

Yes i love them of course. But they can be too big, for me anyway, just my personal opinion. Harry was on the border line, much bigger and it would have been uncomfortable

However, and it's a big however.

I've had both big and small, i can honestly say that guys with smaller ones tend to try harder to please, which i love.

Guys with big ones tend to rely on just their size.

And nothing else.

Again, this is just my personal experience.

So, i will give harry 8 out of 10. The 8 is not for his size but for his stamina.

That guy could just keep on going.

Authors note.

I would like to thank all of the wonderful, nice kind words of positive feedback that i have received while writing these stories.

It really means a lot to me, thank you so much.

To all of you nice folks please don't think I'm ignoring you by not replying personally. I get so many messages that it would be impossible to write back to them all although i do try.

I will post the next instalment of memoirs of a shared wife in the near future and will continue where i left off.

This is a series so the chapters will continue in sequence, the next story will start with chapter 9.

Pippa76
Pippa76
402 Followers