All Comments on 'Memory Deficit'

by stev2244

Sort by:
  • 139 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

That was enjoyable, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I don't agree with the premise of the family being innocent in all this. A fair read but something was lacking. Had it not been a serious affair of someone getting nearly killed, it would've made a good comedy of errors. 4* for the bold endeavour to write and publish.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

enjoyable but when she said she went too far with Mike just how far did she go?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

one of the worst stories i have had the misfortune to read

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggart10 months ago

A bit messy but ultimately settled on a 4, above average, as it was an interesting read. I'm not sure I buy the lack of a conspiracy by his wife and kids, they were just so blatant about everything. Why was the PI lying too? Overall not bad, I really thought it would turn out that the kids weren't his and Dani had a long term affair with Mike or something along those lines.

OldmaninthewoodsOldmaninthewoods10 months ago

Sorry to say this one missed the mark, by some way. Really messy and unconvincing story and characters, which I'd a shame from a generally good author.

Dry_opinionDry_opinion10 months ago

+1 to the previous comment.

Also the kids need to be grounded.

CriosCrios10 months ago

Maybe I’m just strange but I love this one. Hilarious. Doesn’t take itself seriously. Great little romp!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

train wreck....

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Some funny bits but all in all, this is the literary equivalent of eating a shit sandwich.

You develop plot points only to come out and say "that's not a plot point!".

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler10 months ago

So, after all this contorted shenanigans nothing significant happened? This piece need help.

Thanks any way for your effort. 1

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Not happening!!

Humor is supposed to be in there But just stupid.

Slapstick I outgrew when became an adult. Some never do so I can understand the good comments But I wasted my time hoping it would finally be humorous

SatyrDickSatyrDick9 months ago

[11.08.23]

Funny Stuph!

Looove the pop culture refs:

1) "I wasn't completely happy with the much bigger Lebowski Total Auto Service place that I had used before."

2) Nurse Ratched

3) W. E. Coyo

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A hoot.

InfosaugerInfosauger9 months ago

only 4 stars because there is written that a PT Cruiser is wonderful car. It might be meant to be funny but it still means one star deduction.

26thNC26thNC9 months ago

That was a good one. A lot going on, but everything ended well. I don’t think I would ever trust Dani though.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman9 months ago

LOL, what a great farce

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Hilarious farce. Crazy. But entertaining. Like how everyone assumed he had amnesia but he didn't.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Funny how so many commenters ignore the humor and the zany rug pulls but insist the wife had to be cheating. Roll. It is fiction.

tizwickytizwicky7 months ago

Very humorous story that could have been hilariously funny without all the distracting subplots. Four stars anyway, because it's very hard to write comedy without being a comedian beforehand.

oldtwitoldtwit7 months ago

I could see this as a one off hour of TV, so silly it worked.

Good one.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Pretty good far e. Four stars. It got a bit too silly, but I guess that's what a farce is.

JPB

dark2donut2dark2donut27 months ago

Good plot and pretty funny. Somewhat lengthy intro though.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

For me, too long and contrived, i got bored and went to see what happened at the end, it still didnt seem like the mc was doing anything.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

i had to check to see if hdk was'nt the authur of the "master piece"

danoctoberdanoctober6 months ago

Totally insane LW's comedy. Brilliant really. Bravo 👏 5 🌟's

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit6 months ago

Funny story. His kids? Sure setup a trust for education costs based on grades. In his will? Setup trusts that his kids can’t access until they’re 40. The wife? Make her sign a postnup as a condition of having spending money.

RanDog025RanDog0255 months ago

One question! How many magazines, manuals, novels, guides, instructions, have you read with dot dot dots in every sentence and WTF is meant by a dot dot dot at the beginning of a sentence. Up to my last day teaching college level English Literature, I'd never seen any one use it. If you don't leave a space after the third dot when listening to your story by a Text reader you hear every one of those dots. Ruins a good story like your. Had I received a manuscript on my desk written like this while during my 12 years as the Editor in Chief, it would have ended up in the dumpster and I'd have paddled my Secretaries ass. Excellent story but too many bad habits by other story tellers at Literotica. Still going to give this 5 stars. Install Text Aloud and use it to write your story and have it read it back to you and you'll hear every mistake you made. Pause and change anything or add, maybe backspace over something you want to get rid of. Most important, you'll hear how dot dot dots ruin your story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Pretty darn funny. Some zany twists. The drip feed of lies and then truth was hilarious as the MC kept reacting. In the end the wife never cheated. She had a crazy plan to break the prenuptial and thought Mike was a genuine friend on her side. But of course after the amnesia Mike makes his intentions clear and she is confused, then worried, then confesses to save her husband from an incoming exploding banana. Fitting death for Mike. Liked the side plot murd we attempt with Detective Cook, of which the wife was wholly innocent and had zero knowledge. The part about scraping the stone was hilarious and his reaction great. Kids are a mess. 4 stars. Some of it got a bit tortuous.

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594195 months ago

Death by 🍌 oops mnmnm.... Yummy

🙊🙈🙉💨🍌🤯🧠🧟‍♂️

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos4 months ago

I suspected the twist before it was finally revealed, but it didn't diminish my enjoyment of the short story. Very funny and very clever. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Funny stuff. How the wife was reacting to the fake amnesia at first had me rolling. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Humor is apparently wasted on a lot of readers here on Lit. Smh.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief2 months ago

Loved the exploding banana and how it ended one of the MC's problems. Seemed kind of strange that the wife went from slow talking to her husband to because of his amnesia to confronting him that he really didn't have amnesia. Lots of red herrings thrown around but it ended well. Four stars for the chuckles.

RimmerdalRimmerdal2 months ago

Ending was a weak and pointless.

Should have used the ever golden classic Diesel Chevette to trap the mechanic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

That was funny lol.

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNutabout 1 month ago

I don't pay for the stories and so try to show respect for those who generally keep me entertained.

While cuck stories don't appeal or interest me, I even accept we all have different tastes.

This then is an oddity, it is a story that has totally defeated me and I regret I'll never get the time back. The humour escaped me, and all I'm left wondering is where is this place that Tom was for a period of time preceding the accident?

AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

Hehe. Weird but at times quite funny. 4 stars

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous