All Comments on 'Memory Deficit'

by stev2244

Sort by:
  • 138 Comments
CagivagurlCagivagurl10 months ago

Still laughing. Great story....

5 stars, because you earned them.

Cagivagurl

MightyheartMightyheart10 months ago

Different and original

4/5

SplitGeode66SplitGeode6610 months ago

I'm confused by the ending. It was Detective Cook who was solely responsible for the attempt on the MC life? 4 stars.

blackrandl1958blackrandl195810 months ago

Hilarious. I love it. Five stars, of course. Randi.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight10 months ago

No other writer on Lit can match Stev2244 for dry, understated humor. He is the gold standard.

peter944peter94410 months ago

Ok different but very hard to follow. I appreciate you trying new things though so please do keep it up.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlit10 months ago

I couldn’t make the connections and his kids are worthless thieves and his wife a stupid vain headcase.

secretsalsecretsal10 months ago

It was pretty funny (although Dani's reveal didn't land as well as I hoped), but I feel it would have been even more effective if it was a little snappier. A few too many alright jokes mixed in with the really hilarious ones.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed10 months ago

An outrageous satire on murder plots. All I can say is the two kids must have gotten their intelligence level from mom’s genes. 4 stars because there are too many opportunities for an even stranger ending like convincing his wife that if she would just sign a postnup he would do away with the prenup.

demanderdemander10 months ago

Our guy seems to be mainly brain dead. Like hiring Mike. D

Just_WordsJust_Words10 months ago

I found that hard to follow, but mixed with the brain trauma I thought it took me into a mind that was slowly recovering from trauma and that was interesting. Or maybe I was just befuddled. Either way it was fun.

TrambakTrambak10 months ago

What a story!! Amnesia all the way. I just can’t seem to remember what came after what. This is my second read. 4*

A_BierceA_Bierce10 months ago

Several scenes with Det. Cook but no jelly donuts? Still fun, though, following the threads through a menagerie of liars. Or apparent liars, I can't remember whether they were truthy or not. Viele Dank.

miket0422miket042210 months ago

Amusing for a while but, I would have been happy getting to the punchline about a page before the author finally got around to it.

MwestohioMwestohio10 months ago

Very funny. Could have been the three stooges

SPARTAN047SPARTAN04710 months ago

Great story, well done.

This is actually a pretty terrifying horror story — it shows how much things can change and how alone a man can be when everyone's plotting against him. Most guys would've been dead ten times over, so well done to the fictional protagonist for surviving two attempts on his life.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Good story, very funny but probably could and should have been a page shorter than it was with all the repetition and reiteration it contained. No doubt, though, that this author's work is well worth looking out for.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The exploding banana bit was just epic. Genuine LOL.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

way to long - boring

Frank66Frank6610 months ago

The story fell flat at the end, but the humor and the twists involved still made it a great story. Stev should be a comedian, maybe he is.

macopamacopa10 months ago

Great to have you writing again, continue to do so.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

That kind of went nowhere.

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Jesus Christ, someone polished this? You have got to be kidding. So far below your normal standard it’s not even worth talking about

PostScriptorPostScriptor10 months ago

Witty, clever, humorous! A very fun read. Can you imagine being surrounded by people lying to you? Like, aren’t we all… 5*

des911des91110 months ago

Hilarious. Thank you

FD45FD4510 months ago

It went from intriguing to farce in three pages

/

(Thinks)

/

Nope. It started with farce and had a consistent tone.

/

Thank you?

GamblnluckGamblnluck10 months ago

I didn't even read past the first half page before making this comment. The first interaction with the doctor acting like that was TOTALLY bogus. No doctor would do that, PARTICULARLY with the family in the room. A hospital administrator and lawyers would have been the next point of contact.

LNRAstroLNRAstro10 months ago

I know you were trying to be clever and funny but the first two pages just dragged along and felt repetitive . I think I’d rather get a root canal then reread them. Final page and ending redeemed you somewhat, so 3 stars.

GamblnluckGamblnluck10 months ago

This was a poor disjointed tale. The amnesia thing went on way too long. Everybody in the world was involved. Supposedly he was lucid before he left the hospital but by his own admission he was confused. Then supposedly being a smart businessman, he put himself right into the clutches of whoever had tried to kill him. This was al just too much.

JohnD46JohnD4610 months ago

That was fun. Thanks

Hooked1957Hooked195710 months ago

What JohnD46 just said.

Hooked

mainer42mainer4210 months ago

Agree with JD good fun read

laptopwriterlaptopwriter10 months ago

Wow, what a ride.

dgfergiedgfergie10 months ago

Confusing, disjointed, humorous and utterly ridiculous, and a very difficult read waiting for something to happen or maybe not happen, who knows? I certainly don't, duhhhh, what did I just say? Sorry, I must have amnesia, did I spell that right.............................

Busman19639Busman1963910 months ago

Nice read but outrageously stupid.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR310 months ago

Exceptionally stupid. Only entertaining to a gerbil running in an exercise wheel.

TechumsahTechumsah10 months ago

I thought it was funny. Not sure what people are talking about. I took the tone as intentional.

remb95remb9510 months ago

This thing was like watching that buffering signal on a computer screen when the internet signal is lost, just keeps going around in circles and nothing happens

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon10 months ago

Honestly, this bored me to tears. Monotonous, devoid of emotion and paper-thin characters and plot. You've done a lot better, but we all know you're one of her favorite puppies, so you get constant invites.

Kabe1957Kabe195710 months ago

You set the banana blow-off up perfectly.

MattblackUKMattblackUK10 months ago

Damn! That was a hell of a ride! Poor chap was surrounded by pathological liars and idiots and it took a bang on the head to clue him in! 5* story, very enjoyable.

OOAAOOAA10 months ago

Great story!!!!!

Well done!! 5 stars from here!

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ10 months ago

Clever and funny

someoneothersomeoneother10 months ago

OK with a great premise of faux amnesia, but just a bit too unbelievable.

ohioohio10 months ago

Wow, that was a wild ride! A textbook example of a story that doles out the information slowly, so the reader doesn't know any more than the protagonist about what the hell is going on. I think some readers perhaps misidentify tongue-in-cheek humor as statements meant to be taken seriously (like the doctor, for example). I wish Tom much happiness and a long life--but he clearly needs to dump those two kids.

Thanks, ohio

Regguy69Regguy6910 months ago

Fun! Maybe the bump on his head knocked some sense into him and he's finally able to see how awful his family was treating him. But, it sounds like everything is going to work out for him, now that he is a bit more observant.

I don't understand some of the negative comments. Have these people no sense of humor?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Quirky. Well written but requires too much suspension of disbelief to accept the MC would wait weeks and weeks before calling a lawyer to alter his will, reconfirm his Pre-Nup, and establish an intense investigation of his partner--none of which he ever did. Such a clueless wimp would never have built the wealth all parties coveted, nor accepted that his wife was simply worried about his leaving her; she had too many convenient ties to too many of the suspiciously avaricious characters. Humorous but insubstantial.

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

That was a waste

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Really implausible.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Pure rubbish.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Very funny how pretending amnesia can get you great results. Watching cartoons helps too.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

What an absolute piece of crap

njlaurennjlauren10 months ago

More twists than a twizzler,! I had to laugh when he gives Joe the PT cruiser to work on, that alone is funny as hell ( PT cruiser makes FIAT look good). Congrats that the pieces all ended up fitting, with a story like this it is easy to leave something hanging . As crazy as it was, it worked that the wife wasn't the guilty party but the lusted after.

One note, it would be hard for cook to cover up that the car was tampered with, a detective doesn't do that, a forensic tech does it.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This one is sure the cat's pajamas! Magic Mike and the exploding banana; now that's true inspiration for you. 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

??? Where the MC was born... the Planet of Apes ? Utterly nonsense. Really bad.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

What a cluster fuck and that's being kind to this mess.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Thank God this polished. I'd hate to think how bad it was before the polishing. You also might want to take a hard look at your polishers. The grit they're using is way too course.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Congrats. This rises into the ten worst stories I have ever read.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlenny10 months ago

That was a difficult read

muskyboymuskyboy10 months ago

"I couldn't really blame her" - and then there were no likeable characters, just an idiot-fest.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Very weak. Flow was never there, choppy and confusing. Not sure what you were after, bu it missed the mark with me. I hung in there until the end, but ultimately, it was a story about pretty much nothing. BTW, his wife is a cheating skank slut, no matter what she claims!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Absolutely ridiculous story.

Unlike the last 2 lines of this tale one can NOT polish this turd.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I see what you were trying --- but you missed by a mile. Hard to follow or read, it was just to disjointed -- 3* for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

It was pretty funny at times, but the biggest laugh was when you invoked the rabbit in “hare-brained scheme!” What a riot! Nice nod to Glenn Close and Fatal Attraction.

ribnitinribnitin10 months ago

Well done. Funny without being silly

CastAdriftCastAdrift10 months ago

That was a fun, ridiculous romp!

Thanks for the chuckles.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu10 months ago

Good effort.

Well-crafted that it even perplexed me just as how the MC was feeling.

But the ending was a bit of a disappointment.

And it really wasn't clear to me who did the brakes or for what.

And Dani's explanation felt so nonsensical I keep thinking which was the idiot, the MC or her.

If the author's goal was to confound the reader,

then Congratulations -- you managed to do just that to me.

But again the ending was a dud.

And confounded me to no end.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Kind of obnoxious, and far too shallow and dim to be worth decoding all the slapstick and confusing dialogue. So someone tried to kill him to get his wife, but the wife didn't know about it so she didn't suspect it was attempted murder. But then his son implied that He knew something about the bogus brake job and tried along with his sister to cheat their father out of money? And the stupid cuck thinks he can fix his children with some tough financial retraints?

\

And the police investigating his reckless driving and the insurance companies that paid for his car and paid his medical bills didn't have someone look at the car when the driver claimed his brakes failed? Like one cop, known to be crooked, could just cover all that shit up?

\

Kind of a stupid story. Its obvious why.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I thought it was funny as hell. Was everyone stoned except the MC? It's amazing what having money does to some people.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

HUH??

Harryin VAHarryin VA10 months ago

I have never been a big ste2244 fan. Kind of convoluted but the story had its Mullens where it was kind of funny..

Not all the story worked like it's supposed to but it had its moments

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Good idea, not so good execution. The author should have worked on it more. Maybe this contest deadline was too short? It's not the first submission I read that looks like an unedited draft...

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Too many loose ends and the story was incomplete. But I still appreciate the effort.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Why would his son tell him to have Joe do his brakes?

HighBrowHighBrow10 months ago

Very funny, but did she sleep with those two guys or not?!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The exploding banana was hilarious..

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A silly story, not at all well drafted. A mercy three stars.

JPB

BSreaderBSreader10 months ago
Interesting

Good job

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Very good and funny, I would've sworn it was an HDK story, it had his rhythm, timing, and setup.

All in all a solid 5*.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I see some potential here, but you did a pretty good job of burying it under really bad writing.

Pinto931Pinto93110 months ago

What about the PI and his lies where does that fit in?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

So totally out of left field. Still laughing.

KRD19254KRD1925410 months ago

Stev you really fumbled the ball on this one. Not only stupid but very hard to follow the logic flow too much subterfuge in trying to be nifty...

\

2.9***, hooyah barely

BriteaseBritease10 months ago

Great bit of fun

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc10 months ago

Slick story. You had my imagination on the edge the whole time. Did he really have amnesia or was he lucid throughout. I was constantly waiting on the other shoe to drop. Not sure I buy Dani having no direct involvement, but on you know for sure. Probably one of your best stories to date - 5.0*

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc10 months ago

Slick story. You had my imagination on the edge the whole time. Did he really have amnesia or was he lucid throughout. I was constantly waiting on the other shoe to drop. Not sure I buy Dani having no direct involvement, but only you know for sure. Probably one of your best stories to date - 5.0*

Wh00sherWh00sher10 months ago

hard to follow wtf was going on.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Not humorous or that satirical?!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Was pretty funny, but I think you milked the amnesia a bit too long.

dikupinyadikupinya10 months ago
HUH???

then what?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Brilliant, loved it

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x10 months ago

"He started insinuating things about you and other women, and I believed him" - Why do they always believe the guy they know wants to get itno their pants.

\

Assuming (bad word) that the prenup was fair, she should want to keep it if she's afraid of him leaving.

\

I guess we know why the YouTuber never posted the last chapter!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Fun story to read, I don’t think I’ve read anything quite like it, here before. Thanks for giving us something light hearted. KS

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous