Memory Loss Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Octave888888
Octave888888
1,165 Followers

BAMMM! I felt like something hit my head, and I fell out of my chair, and everything turned black.

--

"Daddy! No please, not again!"

I woke up on by back, and opened my eyes, seeing three blonde-haired, teary-eyed faces looking down on me.

"Daddy?" said Katie.

"Katie," I said back. "Kenni. Kimmy. I remember now. I remember it all." I sat up, and just started bawling tears. "I remember it all."

All three girls grabbed me in their arms, like a triple-strength hug, and didn't let go until I stopped crying.

--

It felt like forever. But I finally got to my feet, with the girls' assistance. I saw Pete had stayed in the room with us, watching the whole thing. I looked around the room, and everything looked right. Not new, like I was seeing it for the first time. Right, like I was seeing it for the thousandth time, like I knew about every item in the room.

I went and sat at my computer. I knew what the password was. It was a word so secret, something that I'd never tell anyone. My hands shook as they pressed the keys.

Karoline.

The screen unlocked, and showed me what I'd been working on 5 days ago.

I looked up at the girls, taking in each of their faces. I remembered their lives, their childhoods, and now I could read of their expressions like a book. They were both worried about my fall, and encouraged about my sudden memory discovery.

I decided to show off my memory to prove I was okay now. "Kimmy," I said looking at her concerned face, "you like peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. Just like your mom did. After she died, you threw a fit in the kitchen because I forgot to get pickles at the store. When I tried to talk to you, you locked yourself in your room for hours. After that, I always made sure to have a jar of pickles in the fridge." As I spoke, I watched her face transition from worry to joy, and tears streamed from her eyes.

I turned to her sister. "Kennedi. You told me once that you were starting to think David was gay, right before he asked you out. He'd been your friend for years, and never showed interest, and then he surprised you." Kennedi laughed at the memory and nodded. "I'm sorry he moved away. I really did like him."

Then I turned to Katie. "My oldest daughter. I love you. I have loved you since we found out about you." I stepped closed to her. "You need to know something. Something your mother and I didn't tell you before." I hugged her close. "This is difficult, but you and your sisters need to know this now."

I looked at Pete. "Thank you my friend. You've brought back my memory. But now I need some time with my girls."

He hugged me once more. "Anything for you, Jimmy. Take all the time you need. Call me if you need me."

--

So I told them about Karoline. Katie's would-be twin sister. By the time I finished the story, all three girls were sobbing messes, and so was I. I hugged each of them, but I hugged Katie the most. I told her, "It would've been wrong to tell you when you were still young. I'm glad I can tell you that now that you're all grown up." I released my hug, and took her hand in one of mine, and took Kimmy's in another. Kimmy and Katie both took Kennedi's hands to complete the ring. "I love all of you, and I wish your mom could be here to see us now. I'm sure she'd be so proud."

I went to the cupboard and brought out more glasses. I filled each with a small amount of whiskey. "I know you two aren't 21 yet," I said as I handed them out to the two younger girls, "but we'll make an exception." I raised my glass and the girls did the same. "To Kasidy, your mom. And to Karoline, your sister. Gone but never forgotten, lost but always loved."

I drank, and so did Katie. Kennedi sniffed it first, then downed it too. Only young Kim choked on the liquor as it hit her throat. I chuckled, and so did she. "It burns!" she cried.

I hugged her close, and the other girls joined in too, and we held each other for a while in silence.

Octave888888
Octave888888
1,165 Followers
12