Mending Shoulders (Broken Shoulders Pt. 02)

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I turned to look at Ben, his face was hard as thunder and I could tell he was fighting his urge to shout at her. I looked back at Amber -- her face was really, very strangely confused and contradicted.

"OK." She answered casually. "Follow me to this cubicle, I'll get a porter to wheel you down but first I ..." Amber glanced at me, again looking more than mildly uncomfortable. Amber checked his details and made some notes then gestured a porter over.

"Mike here will guide you to where you need to go. Once the cast is off, he'll take you for one final Xray and if that's OK you'll be discharged. I'll go through that with you once you get back an explain your medicine and your physio plan." she said sounding very flat and unemotional.

I had to hand it to her, she did exactly as I had asked and again, I wondered how such a nice person could be so cruel. Once Ben was out of earshot -- Amber turned and actually smiled at me.

"OK. Would you mind explaining what's going on?" she asked, still sounding confused.

I told her that I knew there was always 2 sides to every story and so I was willing to hear hers. Amber just looked at me, looking even more confused.

"What story?" she asked sounding genuinely unsure of what she was being accused of.

She stepped out of the cubicle and shouted to a colleague that she was taking a break and then step back in and closed the door.

"You arranged to meet Ben at the club on Friday, and took your Boyfriend along to humiliate him." I declared as she sat back down. And I heard the anger start to rise slightly in my voice.

Amber stiffened, a shocked look on her face. "What? No ... who told you that? He was my brother not my boyfriend." She announced rather angrily. "And I'm rather disappointed that both of you believe me capable of doing such a horrible thing."

"Your Brother?" I asked, my mind now reeling -- trying to make sense of this new information.

Amber explained that she had invited her brother to meet Ben because her brother was at the Uni that Ben was going to, and she felt he would be able to offer some advice and tips.

My heart just exploded, it was totally in line with what would be expected from such a sweet girl. My own mind started to rumble with doubt and uncertainty. But how could Ben have got it so wrong, I wondered.

"He never turned up." declared Amber. "We waited by the bar for 2 hours. I texted him, tried to call him but he rejected them all. I was really worried I'd done something wrong although I couldn't for the life of me think what." She added, now sounding a little forlorn herself.

I was about to speak when Amber continued "Mrs Piper -- do you ... do you know why Ben doesn't like me anymore?" she asked sounding so dejected, almost to tears.

I took her hand and patted it comfortingly, realising now there was a lot more to this story and a lot that Ben had either not told me, or not fully realised.

"I really like him." offered Amber, her voice quivering. She sniffed then continued. "Truth is, I'd fancied Ben for ages, long before his accident. I'd seen him in the club and hung at the bar hoping he would come and talk to me. When he didn't I cornered his friend Ritchie and he came up with that stupid contest. I was always going to be the winner, and Ritchie said it would be a good ice breaker."

I swallowed hard. That was like an arrow through my heart. I knew it was the reason we made a clean slate -- that when Ben got a girlfriend we would have to stop fucking each other. But I really didn't expect karma, destiny or fate (call it what you will) to hit me in the face with it quite so soon. It seemed karma had a plan B -- in case Ben and I did not wipe the slate clean.

I sought some more clarification from Amber, "But you laughed at him, that first time - you ... sucked him off and then you told your girlfriends that he'd only lasted 2 minutes." I declared, knowing full well that Amber's explanation was going to contradict my view.

"Who on earth told you that? I wouldn't do that. And anyway - it was more like 4 or 5 minutes. At the bar I was telling my friends how big he was and how incredibly nice, gentle and sensitive he was. One of the girls said he sounded like husband material and that's when we all laughed and looked at him." She said, sounding a little offended.

I was now beginning to realise that Ben's view and perspective on things were not quite as straight as I thought.

"So you didn't see him at the club?" I asked for clarity.

Amber shook her head then said "No, and after a couple of hours we left." she shrugged.

"I've no idea why he didn't turn up, why he didn't reply to my texts and why the hell he thought Steven was my boyfriend." she mused. "Today is actually my day off, but I volunteered a double shift so I could see him."

The case against Ben was mounting by the moment, and I couldn't wait to confront him. I told Amber I would get to the bottom of all this, and promised her she would get answers. But I also knew my son. Ben wouldn't lie -- not to me and not deliberately. But how could he have got it so wrong?

I mused firstly on his suspicion regarding when Amber had blown him and then humiliated him. Well, OK. Ben was shy, and quite inexperienced I guess so he may have thought that only lasting 2 minutes was humiliating -- rather than realise it was a compliment to Amber's prowess. I had explained that to him, when he had told me the x rated story but at the time, I guess he just felt vulnerable and self-conscious.

OK. So that could be explained and mitigated. But Ben had told me he had gone to the club, sat in the corner and watched Amber and her 'boyfriend' smooching at the bar. Why had he not at least gone up to her and asked her. Yes, Ben is shy and non-confrontational but surely he or one of his mates would have at least made an enquiry.

"He was at the club, he told me and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't lie." I offered up.

Amber sniffed, she wasn't really crying but she wasn't quite calm either. "I ... I honestly didn't see him. And if he'd only come to talk to me, I would have introduced him to my brother." She cooed.

There was a knock at the door, and when Amber opened it, Ben stood there, his face still hard and unimpressed. But if he was expecting sympathy, he had another thing coming.

"Right, in here young man -- you've got some explaining to do. Amber -- could you give us a moment?" I asked calmly.

When Amber had gone, I turned to Ben. I began by telling him that Amber had given her side of things and now he had some more explaining to do. Ben looked a little dumbfounded, as if unable to fathom what else there was for him to say.

I glared at him "Repeat after me 'I'm a stupid idiot'." I said emphasising the word idiot. Ben looked at me in confusion.

"The bloke with Amber at the bar, wasn't her boyfriend you idiot -- it was her brother." I declared.

Ben's eyes went wide. "Her brother ... what? Her brother." He called out incredulously.

I asked him what had ever given him the impression that the bloke at the bar with Amber was her boyfriend. Ben paused then said that it had been 'obvious' due to the way that she was clinging onto his arm, how they were constantly whispering in each other's ears and laughing a lot.

That's when I got it. Ben didn't act like that with his sister -- he had no reason to think Steven was Amber's brother because in his eyes a brother and sister didn't act like that. They were behaving too cosily, to be just friends so the only logical conclusion Ben felt he could make was that he was her boyfriend.

Then Ben had admitted that one of his friends had secretly gone to the bar, overheard their conversation and then returned with the conclusion that Amber and Steven were boyfriend and girlfriend. That apparently sealed the deal, especially when Ben saw them leave after an hour or so.

I corrected him, firstly by saying it was closer to 2 hours according to Amber. Then I told him that his view of things after that initial blow job was incorrect. I told him everything that Amber had told me, including the fact that he had lasted 4 or 5 minutes not the 2 that he thought. I then told him she was doing a double shift because it was the only way she could get to see him. And I told him that she really, really liked him.

He was blown away by that, and quite emotional. "I'm a stupid fucking idiot." he declared with a wry smile.

We can make this right I told him, just apologise and tell her you are an idiot, that you are really sorry and that you promise not to jump to conclusions again. I told him he was then going to send her some flowers and ask her out to a posh restaurant and that he would of course, pay for it all. Then I told him to beg for her forgiveness and pray that she does forgive him.

Ben looked at me, his eyes sorrowful and remorseful. "How could I have got it so wrong, mum?" he lamented.

I took his hand in mine and patted it. I told him it was part of life, and part of the learning that we all had to do. I told him to remember this moment, and make sure he didn't make the same mistake again. I told him to never judge people, to realise there is always -- always, 2 sides to a story. Actually I believe I said there were 3 sides (God bless Facebook memes) -- 'Your side of the story, their side -- and the truth.

Then I opened the door. To my surprise, Amber was not there. She had gone back to the nurses station and was chatting with some of her colleagues. I waved and called her over, and Amber came across, a half-smile on her face.

"My idiot of a son has something to tell you." I declared, making sure she knew an apology was coming.

Ben apologised as I had explained for him to do, and went much further actually. He apologised profusely for jumping to wrong conclusions and admitted that he felt he wasn't good enough for her and that that is where his insecurity had stemmed from. Then he begged her forgiveness and asked for a 2nd chance, saying he would like to take her out to dinner.

Amber burst into a broad happy smile and some of her colleagues clapped and hooted. I hadn't expected Ben to apologise so publicly -- but it was heart warming to see that he did. We went back to the cubicle where a now, very happy Ben and Amber flirted away while Nurse Amber went through Ben's discharge.

She explained the medicine that he needed to take, and her face was serious for a moment. The Paracetamol was to be no more than 4 times a day, the steroids twice a day and the Calcium supplements were once a day.

Then she explained the physio schedule. Once a week for the first 3 weeks, then twice a week for the next 4. As she said it, she giggled and said that his physio nurse was very strict and wouldn't stand any messing.

I knew straight away, of course. She was going to do his physio. But when Amber explained that to Ben, his face just broke out in an almighty smile. She gave him some exercises to do at home and then told him that one of the best exercises would be 'push ups' and added that it would be especially good if there was someone there to 'motivate' him. I'm not sure if Ben got the joke, but for sure I did. Amber was referring to 'fucking in the missionary position' where a guy has to support his upper torso with his arms and shoulders.

Finally, she made some more notes and declared that Ben was discharged. Ben stood awkwardly and I could see in his face he was unsure what to do. Amber once more took the initiative, giving him a big hug before adding with a giggle that he was not 'off the hook' yet and that he still had a lot of making up to do.

As we walked down the corridor to the exit Ben continued to beam as if his team had just won the Cup and he'd won the lottery at the same time. And I guess for him, that is how it must have felt. I was pleased for him and for Amber. I was glad they were back together.

Wait. You didn't believe that did you? My heart was in bits, my soul felt stripped off my body. My emotions were shredded and my mind was in turmoil. As we turned and gave Amber one last wave I smiled at her but what I really wanted to shout was "Keep your fucking hands off -- his cock is mine."

When we got home, Ben immediately began using his hands and arms -- enjoying the freedom and the mobility. A part of me lamented that, fantastic though our one night of fucking had been -- how much better it would have been if Ben had full use of his hands. I quickly castigated myself, reminded myself the slate was clean and it had to remain clean.

I knew that of course, but desire doesn't go away overnight. I had explained that very thing to Ben only that morning. A part of me consoled my self-doubt by telling me that it was better this way. There would be less temptation, because I would surely know that any move I made would jeopardise Ben and Amber's relationship. I wanted him to be happy, and if that was going to be with Amber then so be it.

That night, in the privacy of my bedroom and on my now empty bed I cried myself to sleep. The very bed that Ben and I had fucked on, not 24 hours previously and that still smelled of cum and cunt juice. I knew I had to prepare for my life to change once more. Ben no longer needed me, for anything and that was a very hard thing to accept. I had spent the last 6 weeks doting on his every whim and need -- and now it was not required. Worse still, of course was that he no longer needed me to help him 'come'. No, he had Amber's tits for that -- and most likely, the rest of her body too.

But you know. It's a funny old life this -- and just when you think you've worked it out, you realise that you haven't. Maybe karma felt I was a little hard done by? Maybe Karma felt sorry for me. I don't know. What I do know is that I had to prepare myself for Ben and Amber being together and all that entailed.

But if I, or you for that matter -- thought it was over, then you are so wrong. In the words of the lovely Karen Carpenter "We've only just begun."

To be continued.

*

As always, thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Please send 'nice' feedback if you are willing -- either by email (preferably) or in the comments. I'm particularly keen to hear how much you want to hear about Amber's involvement (Lesbian) or whether you prefer for me to stick to the Mom/Son storyline.