Mer-Manic Harmony Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She blushed a little before smiling glowing, fiddling with her finger trying to hide the fact not to blush.

"So think nothing of it."

"Your a great guy James more than kai or what anyone thinkings," she said nicking one of his chips.

He...Didn't know what to think.

Not the kinda guy to blush or feel gooey but that warmth returned once again making him feel weird. silently thinking to himself taking a drink and returning his answer to the mermaid.

"Stop with the sappy stuff."

She saw the hint of embarrassment in those stoic stone cold eyes of his which made her giggle softly, he rolled his eyes, signalling for a waiter.

"Right, right, let me pay for this it is this then we will be on our way."

She nodded guiltily once again, "T-thank you I swear I'll repay you! I don't want to seem like a parrot fish."

Giving the girl a raised eyebrow before shoving another chip in his mouth.

"They eat coral and are very rude, always taking and never giving anything in return."

"Interesting I guess."

He quickly paid, leaving a tip for his co-work one he didn't know the name of, quickly leaving and returning out, the sun had settled, and the sky left in a clear orange glow.

It getting late, too late for his liking.

"It's getting late so let me walk you home then I'll-"

"W-Wait if you please," she suddenly came alive a hand on his wrist stopping him in place.

"what now?"

"S-Sorry if I may be including but what are you doing tonight?"

He shrugged, "probably sleep, why?"

"W-Well, there is this late-night lesson I need to do, with the principal and others of my kind."

"Ok?"

"I-I would feel better if-."

Seeing her awkward staring at him hinting or whatever a quick glance to the ocean knowing his answer already.

"You know I can't-"

"You won't need to! You'd just be a lookout, the principal told me about it and I thought more hands could help so...err."

"So it some late-night thing you need to do with Principle and the other?"

"Yes night time lesson strict for...those like me a-and I thought-"

"You want me to be there?"

"Y-Yeah I heard it can be stressful and they are always in need of people on the lookout, so I figured you might be interested?"

James thought about it, he didn't need to attend he had things he wondered to do...Like sleeping, plus he had college tomorrow, glancing at the almost pleading look in's melody's eyes he found himself...moved, or at least affected by it.

She was his friend and friends help one another, but yet he faced a god damn werewolf for her! He earned his break! But yet again those eyes of hers, fuck they were beautiful.

Sure he was interested in maybe learning a little thing more about his fishy friend.

"Fine, I'll come along if it makes you feel better ok?"

She beamed, literately her eyes were sparkling like gems.

Coming for him, he could have dodged he could have moved out the way or at least pushed her away seeing as he wasn't a fan of physical interaction, but he just froze and let it happen, her arms wrapped around him, tightly not painful.

Feeling her warm body press against his her breasts pushing into his chest, he felt a warmth, a god damn warmth bubbling within him, different to anything before, it was weird he didn't like weird.

"Yeah yeah, whatever," he gently pushed her away, "so what exactly is this thing you're wrapping me into?"

"It trains merfolk in how to hide from humans, it simple but vital, as humanity is not ready to know...that kind of thing."

"Alright then, got a rough time?"

"9! I think no 10...err-"

"I'll just hang around ok?"

"O-Ok thank you James this means a lot."

"I'll tell the principal your coming! I bet she will be pleased!"

He didn't believe her but whatever seeing her sweet smile on her cute face he...felt weird, saying some generic thing quickly hurrying off home, the rest of the walk was peaceful and quiet, most had begun to get inside, most hard workers and even more tourist wanting to settle down after a long day at work, those that remained were just people James didn't know or care to know, not a lot of things mattered.

Tho now he had things which matter.

Like the promise he made and the friendship, he had with Melody.

Quickly he brought her back to the resort home thing with an awkward hug and goodbye he hastily left himself, hoping to get back home, for a quick nap before this odd nighttime duty.

###

Night had fallen over Coral Cove, the once bustling part of the city now transformed into a ghost town.

The waters were calm. Ships docked up for the night with only the rare sound of seagulls still milling about, but other than that, not a whisper could be heard.

James sat on the concrete pier looking out toward the water, in the distance he could see them, melody and her group with the principal doing some mermaid lesson or whatever.

He had popped home to dump his things before going back out, under the excuse of work needing him, anyway some time ago they had arrived spending the rest of the evening and even night relaxing out till the time, it's funny how quickly the day passes when in good company.

With their arrival by a hidden beach area near the cove, he saw them, a group, the principal and Kai were there, of course, the orange-haired girl flared up in protest, along with some of the other merfolk there.

He thought it would be fine seeing how but he was now in on the how SPG 'family' and Melody did ask him herself, he was sure to be ok for him to see and he was correct for once.

Recognising most from college surprised him a little, always having a feeling there had to be more but the number is what surprised him, but he didn't complain, even if Kai did. The principal allowed it seeing as he was Melody's guardian and a tepary part of the SPG, so while he was told to be on look out on the pier they could train in peace.

Looking down at the shell, a small one, if danger was afoot he just have to blow in it to warn them, apparently, it was like a dog whistle, but for aquatic creatures.

Sitting there, bored, in the distance seeing the little school he thought back, he was given the honour to watch them transform, even got to see the principal turn into a mermaid, revealing her radiant coloured hair, her tail was different with shades of dark blue, one by one it happened.

Kai actually had a reddish-orange, yellow-coloured tail a little like her hair, something she was embarrassed about, his greedy eye making her uncomfortable, In a bikini, she was certainly hot there was no doubt about that, it was just her personality was crap.

To think she was a fish all along and melody last looking back before diving in those silver-white scales returning one more.

They all saw it and were mesmerised by it which quickly got her shy.

Certainly, the very few probably only 2 guys out of the twenty there, watching with slight grins, which quickly faded when they felt James's gazes burning into them.

Anyway, one by one they changed, their transformation was a mix of realism and magic. Legs coming together, but there was this gentle sparkling glow which hid any horrific site from the process itself, and that was it.

They were gone heading out to sea.

Left alone given his instruction by the boss he wondered why there was no other staff member or SPG agents around still he got moving, noticing the gate had been left open, probably for him.

Making his way on the lonely concrete pier and sitting at the end of one, a few ships sat docked around him.

Left with nothing to do but fiddle around on his phone, his metal baseball bat by his side, taking the opportunity to really think about everything.

Learning so danm much about mermaids tho not much of that underwater city, the whole culture and magic, even a little of melody past and the history of the jewel mermaids.

As only one type can be born at a time.

Turning off his phone putting it to the side taking in the smells and sound from the ocean, clearing his troubled mind still coming to term with the relations of this not-so-normal world.

Most of the people that worked around here were a part of the SPG, loyal allies and friends who seem to have their own connection to mermaid kind, or at least the supernatural so there wasn't a need to be concerned about some stay finding out about this group study session.

But it could, many were still unaware of the supernatural world as humanity wasn't ready to learn the truth, as said by his teacher before diving in and melody form erailer.

Thinking back to those fishermen and coast guards, the 'everyday' people you cross thinking nothing off, the thing they knew the stories they could tell, just how deep does this supernatural thing go? With that, all little things seem to clink in.

How there always been the cleanest beach In the country, why laws were so strict on pollution, littering and dumping, all said to honour the coral cave the town was named after.

The biggest thing enough all the years this place has been around, there has never been a 'drought' of fish, every day the 'freshest' come into the people, never over or below always just want the people needed.

Did that have to do with that city underwater? The SPG? Did the mayor know about this? Was the principal the secret ruler of the city? And most of all.

Why the hell was he feeling warm when was around-

Footstep echoed in the darkness.

The sound of fancy shoes clicking on the hard ground.

Reacting like a dog by the living room window he rose hastily, turning back, seeing nothing or anything for a moment, only the sounds of crashing waves and that familiar smell of the sea.

The peir was eerie, he was alone, on the long outreach part of the main walkway. To the left and right of him, those same waves crashed against the bay if something was coming it could only come from one direction.

Where he was looking.

The footsteps were getting louder, with only a flickering light at the end to know what was happening his hand quickly moved to his bat.

Something didn't feel right, there was this almost...An odd sense of dread in the air.

Like coming upon a dead body.

Looking back the way he came, realised the place looked darker than before.

An omnibus thick darkness left where ever was there, surrounded by shadows.

Yep, something was going to happen.

His hand rested on the horn but that was all, it could just be his own paranoid mind playing tricks on him but after the reveal of the supernatural he had a lot more things to consider now.

Like what was happening before him.

Something stepped out from the darkness.

A figure, a feminine figure in a thick cloak reveals herself stopping just after the darkness.

A chilling silence echoed out with only familiar sounds passing their ears.

James stared at the woman. Glaring hatefully for disturbing his peace.

Neither one was willing to speak up, all while James wondered what to do, charge and attack the weird-ass woman. Not too extreme, she could pull out a freaking gun! Or was she some SPG ally? No, she would of at least announced herself.

Maybe-

"Evening, having a pleasant night?" the strange woman spoke to them.

Ah was a woman James relaxing a little, like seriously it was not like she could fight him, guessing from the build and frame it wasn't muscle just feminine and womanly, seductive even, her voice had a light new Orleans accent to it, but very slight.

No need to be worried but yet again he's seen weirder things and had to be on guard.

"It would be if you weren't creeping around here."

Nothing, feeling the woman's gaze on him squinting his eyes.

"Now that a rude thing to say to a lady, I could say the same thing to you."

"Can't a guy enjoy some 'peace' and 'quiet' around here?"

The woman merely shrugged taking another step forward, he noticed, she wasn't going to leave, should he blow the whistle? But it was just some creepy woman, he could handle that, what the fuck could go wrong?

"Might I join you?" the woman suddenly spoke up, he scoffed at the idea.

"Hell no, why don't you go creep somewhere else."

Silence, nothing, the two figures just staring at one another, waiting for a reaction or anything.

Then a terrible feeling came over him a sickening one that made his legs tremble, in the cloaked hood he swore he could see an eye staring at him in the darkness.

"I see, then I'm afraid to say that I can not do that," her voice, cold and cruel, "I've come for something and I will get what I want."

"A-and what the hell do you want?" he stood firm trying to fight away the fear overtaking him.

"Oh, I believe you already know the answer dear."

The unknown woman began speaking in some weird mumble way

Don't say this was some-

Emerging from behind her lower and prowling horrific created revealed themselves walking and stopping between her.

For the first time, well since he watch a werewolf transform he was frozen horrified at the fucked up things before him.

Like a twisted combination of a cat, a wolf and a demon, with horns on its head pointing backwards and a long thin tail with a spear tip, their fur or 'skin' was pitch black with only its large glowing golden eyes in their massive sockets.

Ok, he almost freaked the fuck out.

Watching as this witch bitch mother fucker just summon two demon cat dog things from nowhere! Backing off almost falling into the ocean looking back at those same crashing waves, he was stuck, fucked.

God damn, it's only been a single day and he has to handle so much.

"There is something I want to see, and I will see it," she lifted her hand pointing to the cat wolf demon growled and hissed to her response, "don't get in my way, or there will be...Undesirable consequences."

Already gripping the bat reading himself scoffing even a little, he'll deal with this fucker then blow the horn.

That will piss kai off, all him saving the day.

But could he handle whatever the living fuck they were? Glaring dowing at the thing which only creeped him out, filled with an odd sense of pure terror and dread, pushing that shit aside knowing he had to protect the students.

He had to beat this bitch then maybe he can start getting some danm respect around here.

With his will cemented, his firm duty to one he called his friend he started down the witch and her demon freaks.

"You think that will scare me? You've fucked with the wrong guy hag!"

An odd smile appeared on the woman's face a part almost expecting this to happen.

"Go," was all she said and on command, they changed.

Now he saw some scary stuff, with the werewolf to boot but these things! Hell no! Fear fueled into a rage and that rage fueled his actions. One of them slowed down the left one, with the right speeding up ready to pounce, James ready himself, already planning it all.

The creature stopped then pounce oddly slow but quickly he struck! Giving a clean home run to the face which sent it flying into the ocean.

Without hesitation he charged towards the second one, once he ducked under, quickly turning to smash that one in its ugly face, again sensing it over the pier edge, with renewed vigour he moved toward the summoner bitch.

Quickly she summoned two more demon wolf cat things who moved on her command.

it was weirdly the same thing, only striking one at me giving him clear and easy pot shots, were they just stupid or were they holding back? Still, everyone he took out got closer and close to her, running off pure adrenaline and rage he quickly got close enough to strike.

With his bat raised ready to strike the demonic bitch in the face he failed to notice something in her hand, it glowed with dangerous purple energy.

Quickly, faster than he could have seen she hit him, open palm right in the chest, it hurt! like a truck slamming against him sending him crashing back, a shock wave trembled throughout him sending the guy flying.

The night sky above him his hand slipping dropping his bat, but the world slowed with the only thought going through his mind.

What?

He then flew over the edge.

James crashed right into the sea.

It was the cold that hit him first, then the water.

Then the fear.

A fear that no amount of anger and rage could control.

His breath taken, he failed like a mad man, kicking and punching trying to fight the waves which

but what was even worst? The memories, all coming back to him, all of it.

An old room, wall ruined and mucky, covered in grim form year of neglect, a rusted old tub filled with dirty water.

And a face, one he wanted to forget.

"James!"

A voice suddenly called out to him from the darkness, blinded breathless, the salt-watered sea he saw something.

The...Visible, site, in the darkness he saw something moving, like a wisp in a cold dark night, it then that silver wisp changed and grew becoming.

Melody, her silver scale shining in the moonlight, somehow allowing him to see, he didn't question it he reached out desperately for her.

She grabbed him, pulling him toward her and wrapping her hand around him she quickly swam her way, up.

Both crashed above the ocean's wave, oxygen returning to his lungs with loud fits of coughs, James held onto the mermaid for dear life, shivering.

"James! Are you ok! What-"

"Get me out!" he shouted in a voice fueled with a mixture of true pure fear and rage, his leg kicking wildly, reparating the same thing over and over again.

She saw the dread the fear and desperately wanted to soothe him, in a state she'd never seen before! She struggled to even hold him but through her own determination, she did, carrying both to the shoreline.

Lucky it was empty but as soon as it was close he pushed empty away and claw desperately to dry land.

Still coughing loudly but at least no longer panicking wildly, but still shivering whether from fear or the cold Melody didn't know either way she moved to his side, leg returning ready to help him.

"What happened!? I saw a bright flash of colour then-"

"You need to run! Warn the others! There is something here!"

"S-Something?" Melody look wary try to search for said danger he wanted to warn her about.

"Yeah, some bitch summoning monsters! They attacked me," he rose up quickly, Melody stayed by his side as he looked around, "where is the-"

Then a familiar figure appeared making James panic.

"Oh fuck is her!" he shielded her backing her off quickly, luckily or oddly she didn't have the cat demons with her, "run Mel run!"

The mermaid herself look back and further at him and the cloaked woman unknown of what to do.

"What is going on here!?" came a booming voice.

Emerging from the cold water, already with long slender legs.

His principal Azure came glaring with a protective rage in those dutiful eyes, behind her kai stood, ever the loyal refusing to leave his side.

Kai's eyes sharpen a little to his odd behaviour, the rest look on terrified hiding behind her.

And begin her the rest of the merfolk students.

Silence then came to the secret shoreline, the cloaked figure, him and melody and the principal with kai and the student.

"Azure! The bitch is bad news!"

She glared at him for a moment before turning to her.

The cloaked woman did the same.

Woman to woman, two figures staring dead at one the tension rising once again.

"Captain Trish!" the principal proclaimed, her form relaxing, even crossing her arms, "finally here to join us?"

Wait...What? The silence continued, no one dared say a word, like after what happened on the pier even James was left silenced, a soft chuckling echoed others before the woman lowered her hood.

"Of course, governess," spoke a dark-skinned woman with big wild hair, "I was just getting to know our newest member of the SPG family."

1...456789