Meridiana Pt. 18

Story Info
Casius makes a discovery.
1.7k words
4.6
2.6k
2
0

Part 18 of the 21 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 10/23/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Casius found the library as he had left it, books, parchments and scrolls strewn everywhere. Reading more on the subject of the succubus the hours passed. Casius looked for more specific information; how to destroy this creature, this high demon. Finally coming upon a text in Latin, which as he read, began to chill his blood. The book was written by Walter Map, an Englishman that had travelled well, about England, Paris and Rome. His book entitled De Nugis Curialium (Trinkets for, or of the Court. Or more accurately, The Trifles of Courtiers); was a number of true accounts of people's contact with the entities from hell. In his Destinctio Secunda, he described the tale of Wild Edric, his fairy bride, and their son Alnoth; with a brief discussion of incubi and succubi.

But it was in the Distinctio quarta, that he read of Gerbert of Aurillac (Pope Sylvester II) deceived by the Devil. The legend had it that Gerbert , born 946, died 1003, had spent much of his life ridding monastics of their demons or demonic possessions. Whilst he was studying mathematics and astrology in Cordoba, he came across a book of magic, dark magic. It was said, that this book had been stolen many years previously, from an Arab, that practised the black arts.

About this time, Gilbert found his wife having sex with a very handsome, young man. And she shunned any further sexual attention from Gerbert. Such that he was stricken with grief and turned to the book of magic to help him be rid of the young man. In so doing, he read of how he could summon a beautiful woman, who would be disposed to him and him only, demanding of him sexual relations each and every night. Thinking that he would make his wife jealous and therefore she would return to him. He conjured the woman.

He was not to know, that the young man was an incubus, which had been created to impregnate his wife with its demon seed and to turn Gerbert to the book of black magic. This ruse, by the high demons of hell, was to rid themselves of a thorn in their side, by the corruption of the would be pope. The woman that he summoned, was none other than one of the siblings of the succubus queens. A direct daughter of Lilith the original night hag.

Casius nearly dropped the book as he read the next line from the text.

The woman was said to materialise every night to Gerbert, demanding sex from him, in turn she would give him advice on how to ascend to the papal throne. Thus, completing his corruption. The demon was called Meridiana.

"So, Diana. It is you that is the cause of all of this pain and anguish? It is you that has been trying to corrupt me and Evelyn also? It is you that has sought to represent yourself in the likeness of my wife in order to seduce me. Now I understand. And if you have been summoned onto this earthly plane, then a banishment spell is the only way to send you back whence you came."

Casius knew much about the black arts, having the need for the knowledge, to help him in his quest to rid the world of demons. Not all could be despatched with physical things, like swords or crucifixes. He knew he must first trap the demon, holding it in place whilst he read out the spell of banishment. That would mean he would need some bait. He could not discuss this with Evelyn, as the demon may already be watching his every move. Further if Evelyn was aware, she would not be able to carry out her part as naturally as she had the nights before, and would give the game away to the demon. So, he set about his task alone.

Over the evening meal, Evelyn found the conversation was not as free-flowing as it had been at previous meals, and certainly not as heartfelt as that very afternoon. "You seem pre-occupied Casius? What did you find out from your studies? Have you a solution for what ails me?"

"I found out much yes. I cannot divulge though just what. As I believe that we could be watched even now, going about our daily routine. I do not want to give away what my intention is."

"Watching us even now?" Evelyn looked about her as if expecting to see a demon sitting at the table watching her. "Where is Diana, is she safe?"

"Aye, worry not about Diana. She will not be plagued by this thing, of that I am certain."

Evelyn seemed a little more relaxed, comforted by the knowledge that Casius was here and that he could sort everything. For his part, Casius knew the inherent danger of what they were to embark upon. But there was no choice if the beast was to be destroyed. He reached across and held Evelyn's hand saying. "Hopefully, if things go well, we will be rid of the demon tonight. But there are things that must be done that are unpleasant. These things must be done by me, but also by you. As I said, I cannot explain at this moment, but be sure in the knowledge that I will do all within my power to ensure that no harm will come to you. It is impossible I know, but I need you to continue on, as you have each night, for if you waiver from this, it is likely to give the game away and all might be lost. Do you understand? There is no choice in this matter."

Evelyn looked deeply into his eyes. "Casius, I have realised for a while that I love you dearly. Probably even from our first day of meeting, as you cared for me so tenderly. There was nothing I could do to prevent it from happening, not that I wanted to. I feel safe and secure in your hands and wish very much to be your wife. I appreciate that this is very forward of me. But what I am trying to say, is that whatever you have planned for me tonight, I know there is a good and just reason for it, and I would happily submit myself to it as if I were laying on our marital bed. Or for that matter," she looked intensely at him, "In your bed before we were married. For I trust you completely."

He smiled. "It is agreed then. There is one thing that you must do, and that is bathe before you go to bed. I have asked the servants to prepare a bath for you already. I will be doing the same, but I need to gather a few items together first, so will leave you now to retire. You may notice a few changes to your chamber. Do not disturb anything that looks unfamiliar, the placing of such things is important."

"As you say." She stood and leaned across to kiss him fully on the lips. "For what you are about to put yourself through, to save me, I thank you from the heart of my bosom. I cannot pretend to know or understand of its import. But know that there is danger more to you than to me. And above all else, this is my curse. Something I brought about myself. Yet here you are ready to save me again... words cannot express..." With that, she turned and left.

Casius was pleased and now more confident that Evelyn would hold her nerve. For that was important. He retired back to his library for a refresh of what must be said during the banishment.

Having completed his rounds of the castle. He retired to his chambers. His servants had prepared his bath already. They did so without question, even though this was an unusual request from the master, as he would usually bathe in the mornings. For his part, Casius was aware that elementals required earthly substance to help them materialise. So that afternoon, he had the servants thoroughly clean both chambers, change the bed clothing and take down any tapestries and wall hangings or drapes. He wanted the demon to use all of its own strength to materialise, thereby weakening it.

Earlier that day, whilst Evelyn was about the castle, he had instructed his servants to thoroughly clean her room. Once he was satisfied with the cleanliness, he collected his copy of Clavicula Salomonis and began his preparations. He first made a faithful copy of the 'Great Pentagram' from the Grimoire • Pseudomonarchia Daemonum, immediately beneath Evelyn's bed; he drew carefully in chalk, two circles, with the pentagram inside. He copied the Hebrew words of protection and holding in the circular ring. Once in the circle, the demon should not be able to break free.

Within the seven triangles of the pentagram he inscribed, ALPHA- OMEGA: Thou, O great God, Who art the beginning and the end. TETRAGRAMMATON: Thou God of Almighty power, be ever present with us to guard and protect us, and let Thy Holy Spirit and presence be now and always with us. SOLUZEN: I command thee, thou Spirit, of whatsoever region thou art, to come unto this circle. HALLIZA: And appear in human shape. BELLATON: And speak unto us audibly in our mother-tongue. BELLONOY: And show, and discover unto us all treasure that thou knowest of, or that is in they keeping, and deliver it unto us quietly. And in the last he inscribed, HALLI. HRA: And answer all such questions and obey all such instruction as we may demand without any defect now at this time.

At each point of the triangle, he put a lighted oil lamp. He then covered the pentacle carefully with the timber-wolf skin rug, so as not to unduly alarm Evelyn, but allowing the lamps to remain lit. Using the holy water, he had taken from the castle chapel. He drew on the door upon the inside and also on the window shutters, SANVI - SANSANVI - SEMANGELAF; the names of the angels said to have been sent by God to fetch Lilith. Although she refused to follow them unto God, she declared that their names would ever remain anathema to her and thus unto all daughters of Lilith.

Happy that his preparations had been done, he left the room, with strict instructions to his servants, that they must not enter until the morning. They all thought that the master and the lady were having another lover's tryst, so were more than happy to comply to his instructions implicitly.