Merrill and Jacob Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Every night and every morning, Jake and Merrill had sex. The frequency and vigor of their activities in Cheryl's guest room gave the three of them plenty of fodder for jokes, innuendos, and sly looks.

Over coffee, Merrill confided to Cheryl, "If I didn't know better, Cher, I would swear that he was wearing me out, making the hole bigger, and stretching it out." Cheryl almost spit out her coffee, laughing. Merrill said, "It returned to its previous dimensions after I gave birth to Ashley, so I guess I can weather Jacob, although he presents a formidable challenge, himself." Cheryl nodded in appreciation. Merrill leaned closer, saying, in a low voice, "And, Cheryl, we're talking...gallons."

Sleeping through the night in the same bed with Jake took some getting used to for Merrill. He had a King at home. This was a Queen, and not big enough for both of them. He snored softly. He thrashed around. Merrill absorbed unconscious blows from arms, elbow and legs. When she complained to Jake about it, he advised her to "play some defense." Anytime he was awake, in bed, he loved probing her with his rigid dick. One morning, she complained, "Jacob, you wake me up from a sound sleep. You poke me, or rub your dick against me, like that! Good Lord, you can have me anytime, while I'm awake!"

Merrill frightened herself by forgetting to call Ashley one night. Ashley, whose social calendar was full, didn't even realize there had been an oversight. Merrill shivered when she realized that she was serious enough about Jake to forget Ashley, however momentarily. Her relationship with Jake was growing too large to exist separately from her relationship with Ashley. She knew that Jake felt the same, strongly. He carefully avoided pressuring Merrill to soften the boundary between him and Ashley. Still, it was always the elephant in the room.

It was Jane and Tom Taggert's fervent desire that their son marry Merrill at the earliest opportunity. They were wise enough, and kind enough, not to say so. They nevertheless sang endless rhapsodies about her. Cheryl was blunt, "You've got to marry her, Jake! You two are obviously in love. What are your waiting for?"

"Cher, it's so complicated. I hardly know Ashley. She's a great kid. I know I'd be proud to be her stepfather. I feel as though my relationship with Merrill is just the first audition. After I develop a permanent relationship with Merrill, I have to do the same with Ashley. I haven't even passed the first hurdle."

"You have passed the first hurdle, Jake. You have Merrill in the bag, and she, you. You two are a slam dunk. Time for phase two."

"I wish I could say it to Merrill the way you do, Cher."

              Late on the night before their departure, Cheryl and Merrill has a long heart-to-heart while Jake was out picking up pizza.

"Merrill, I told Jake he's crazy if he doesn't marry you."

"Cher, that's sweet, really, but..."

"But, Ashley. But, it's complicated. But, so many moving parts. But, so much at stake. I get it, Merrill. I went through a divorce. It was hell. But, you and Jake matter, too, you know. Your happiness counts. I have never met Ashley, but, from what Jake tells me, she is pretty stable, pretty secure. With you as her mother, I would expect so. I dispute the argument that she is better off without Jake in her life. She is the only one who can decide that."

"Cher, you cannot give that kind of power to an eight-year-old child."

"I don't mean to give her veto power. I mean find out how she and Jake relate to one another. You'll see it, clear as day, won't you?"

"Yes. Yes, it would quickly become obvious whether they were a match."

"Merrill, how will it be different with any other man, ever? If you are unwilling to let Ashley get to know a man, you can never have one in your life. Who are you waiting for?"

Jake arrived. Cheryl had said her piece, and the woman's perspective resonated with Merrill. The next day, Jake and Merrill were seen off with many hugs and kisses. The airport, and the flight home, were a little tense. Merrill waited to speak in a more private setting. Jake chafed at a return to his life as a secret lover. On the drive from the airport to home, Jake began, "Merrill, I have to say this. I feel that I am returning to the family attic, where I am hidden away, chained to the radiator, because I am some sort of shameful menace to the family. I know that that is unfair, but that's how I feel."

"Jacob, I agree. I have decided that you and Ashley need to spend more time together. We will still represent ourselves as friendly neighbors, at first. Okay?"

"Yes! Yes! I want to take her to the water park. I've always wanted to go there!"

Merrill groaned, "Oh, dear Lord, what have I done? Now, I have an eight-year-old and a five-year-old! Jacob, you will get my approval, in private and in advance, for any proposition you make to Ashley, and for every penny you spend on her."

Jake slumped in his seat, like a five-year-old.