MF Max Intel Ch. 01-05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The master tailor accepted the bolts of Skerawk linen and nodded to the example Samira wore. He recognized his own work, then with a nod of encouragement from the shop owner he slithered back to the workroom carefully carrying the three bolts. Vika and the shop owner shook hands with the agreement reached and credits were exchanged.

The TFNS Skuld was a seven-hundred-and-fifty-meter Battle cruiser. Largest of the cruiser classes a BC could outgun anything smaller than itself and outrun anything larger. They were also the largest ship size to be often utilized as a singleton, for long patrols, escort duty or, as in this case, Diplomatic missions.

Skuld's normal assignment was to watch the Trankaran border and protect Megara Station. The job that was previously dropped on Admiral Kester by the Buckingham administration for being critical of its policies. An assignment that was a colossal misuse of his Dreadnought command Heimdall not to mention his fleet.

A single Battle cruiser was more than adequate for the task of maintaining the integrity of a friendly border, and Captain Noah Menzil was more than capable of fulfilling those duties.

Menzil was one of those TFed Navy officers who did not enjoy political favor or social standing: he made his career with his own competence and diligence. As a result, he was nearing sixty, having spent much of his career being someone elses XO. Skuld was only Captain Menzil's second command.

The Terran Federation Battle cruiser was now in geostationary orbit with the planet Staverka above the large capital city of the same name. It was one of the very few times a TFed Navy ship had ever visited the Grand Slarmian Dynasty.

A fully laden shuttle now descended to the planet's surface, it followed a designated flight path to the Terran Federation Embassy.

Max, Samira and Zuki watched the Mark26 shuttle maneuver above the Embassy pad.

"Smart handling," Zuki nodded.

On the way up to the roof-top landing pad the three had been chatting about the local climate. Samira had just returned from the Bazaar, she mentioned how dry it was there inside the massive crater.

Zuki explained that the Bazaar was always like that, a good place for commerce away from the normal humidity of the Slarmian home world. Zuki also predicted it was most likely going to rain fairly soon as the air was thick, and the sky was overcast.

A Terran Navy pilot who'd most likely never been to Staverka before was now expertly landing the forty-meter shuttle next to Deirdre. Zuki admired any pilot that could go from the ease of vacuum to the soup of Staverka's atmosphere without dropping a stitch.

The two Terrans and the Slarmian also discussed security concerns. Zuki had demonstrated some experience on the subject, given she had detailed knowledge of the various security protocols found in the transteller neighborhood, her observations were a welcome addition.

Max studied the slow descent of the shuttle as it maneuvered. It's landing gear extended and the craft touched down without a fuss. It was barely half a length from Deirdre so, of course, the corvette's Captain watched it like a hawk.

"Good pilot," Max muttered in Slarmit with a nod.

The shuttle cargo door opened and its ramp extended, the first Terran off the shuttle was a marine who did a visual sweep of the pad. Terran additions to staff would make a huge difference in the day to day running of the fledgling Embassy. Max knew the standard protocols; this marine was most likely the NCO of the marine compliment.

The Sgt.Maj. appeared to be in her early forties, average height around five foot six, it was difficult to judge her physique, but Max would say she seemed quite solid. A moment later two others disembarked, they were both in greys. One Navy one Marine, both Lieutenants, behind them the Sgt.Maj. and another rating fell into step, they approached Max, Samira and Zuki.

The Navy Lieutenant was a tall, thin brunette: she seemed confident and measured. The Marine Lieutenant was only a little shorter but thick with broad shoulders. He appeared to be backing her play walking at her elbow.

Drafting behind the Lieutenants was the Sgt.Maj. who occasionally glanced around the pad. Beside her walked a short, greying, Navy Chief, who appeared to be the oldest of the group, he wore a bemused expression.

*What's the read on them?* Max inquired discreetly.

Agatha responded immediately, *No animosity or dark feelings, just a healthy amount of nervous anxiety and excitement; from the whole shuttle really.*

Agatha was able to parse the personalities and emotions easily with the Navy shuttle full of Terrans in such close proximity to Deirdre.

*Numbers?*  Max inquired as the four Terrans drew closer.

*Twenty-four, though two appear to be shuttle crew.*

Max wore her distinctive midnight-black and looked like she was the one in charge, so the TFN newcomers went directly to her, she smiled and nodded. "Welcome to Staverka and the Grand Slarmian Dynasty, I am Dame Captain Max Anders."

The four stopped at an appropriate distance, came to attention and saluted. Max was pleased to see she was given that courtesy, it would make things easier, she returned their salute.

The Navy Lieutenant spoke first, introducing herself and the others. "I am Lieutenant Cynthia Nesbit, this is Lieutenant Walter Hill, Sergeant Major Zoe Addams and Senior Chief Jason Ferguson."

Max nodded to each in turn, then introduced her own little group.

"This is Captain Zuki and Security Chief Samira Bahjat."

Max noticed that Terran eyes didn't linger long on the Slarmain, but Samira's unique appearance; cybernetic limbs, golden eyes, prolific tattoos and ornately embroidered tabard garnered lingering fascinated glances. "Let's get you situated without delay, then her Excellency can officially receive you." Max instructed.

The two Lieutenants nodded to their respective NCOs, they in turn sent electronic signals to the shuttle for debarkation. In only ten minutes twenty-two T-Fed personnel had assembled next to the grounded shuttle with duffles and gear crates.

Among the luggage was an elaborately marked standard cargo unit, the Senior Chief identified it as the diplomatic pouch. Samira signed for it and moved the one-meter cube shaped crate aboard Deirdre.

Max cleared her throat and nodded to the group of Terrans in uniform. "Ladies and gentlemen, I am Dame Captain Max Anders, if you would please follow me." Max turned and led the newly arrived personnel down into the Embassy, that would be their home for a while.

Max showed the Terrans the second-floor habitation area and she waited ten minutes for them to choose apartments and stow gear then requested they assemble again in the common room. The towering Captain in black led the T-Fed personnel down to the first floor. They followed her down the ramp well and through an office wing into reception.

Joon had the main entrance locked, she didn't want any interruptions.

In the reception area were fourteen Slarmian, six Terrans and a Largath, all were coiled down or sitting on the floor. Jooniper Smith was seated on the reception counter with her custom crafted double necked guitar in her lap. She smiled in her iconic soft Elven way as Max directed the influx of T-Fed personnel into the reception area.

Most of the newcomers had wide eyed reactions to the atmosphere and the assembly, they quickly found places to sit facing Jooniper. Every person there was fixated on the mesmerizingly beautiful, petite Terran sitting on the reception counter.

"Hello there!" Joon smiled, "Welcome to Staverka and our little Embassy." She wore her forest-green jumper, mahogany skirt and chunky trainers with matching green socks.

Joon checked her tuning.

"My name is Jooniper Smith... I am the Terran Federation Ambassador to the Grand Slarmian Dynasty." Her stunning grass-green eyes scanned the gathering slowly. "I also happen to be the Terran Federation Special Envoy to the Minor Empires."

There were a few soft gasps.

"But right now I just want you to relax and enjoy yourselves for a few minutes... I want you to feel welcome." Then Joon played for them, all of them... In those moments the Terrans, Slarmians and Largath were united as a single audience. From that point forward they had shared something special together.

Because The Elven Bard who happened to be the most beautiful person any of them had ever seen was playing to them...And Agatha had elevated Joon's skill in music beyond anything any of them had ever heard before.

Tiny unseen motes of green energy floated in the air around Joon and her audience, it was a magical experience.

"Thank you, Captain, they made it down in one piece." Joon responded to the Skuld CO's hologram with her iconic smile. Joon was still dressed in her comfortable clothes, 'Image' gave her holo a look of effortless beauty.

She had holo screened Skuld to personally thank them for transporting her Embassy's new personnel safely and in such a timely manner. It only took a few moments for Ambassador Smith to be connected to the Battle cruiser's commanding officer.

Captain Menzil was a consummate professional, though it was clear after speaking with Jooniper Smith, he found the Exquisite Lady intoxicating. Elven features along with her polished articulation caused him to hang on her every word.

It turned out that he looked up her catalog when he was assigned to transport the diplomatic mission to Mu Cygni and listened to it on the journey. Now talking with her on the holo cemented his admiration of her. During the conversation he paused to gather his resolve for a moment, smiled, then spoke. "Your Excellency, I would like to extend to you an invitation to dine at my table this evening, that shuttle can transport you." Joon appeared to think about that, she was actually asking everyone on the telepathy network what they thought of that.

No one could think of a good reason to turn the Captain down.

Joon imagined that having a good relationship with Menzil couldn't hurt as the Skuld would most likely be the closest TFN warship to the Minor Empires for the foreseeable future.

"If you don't mind seeing us home afterwards, my wife and I would be delighted to accept, Captain." Ambassador Jooniper Smith tilted her head to the side watching his reaction.

The Captain blinked, then said with a happy little smile, "Splendid, I look forward to your arrival."

Teffa listened then nodded to Nanzi. The Office manager had requested permission to stay after hours to work on coordination with her Terran counterpart Chief Ferguson.

"How is your Terran coming along?" The petite Major-domo asked.

Nanzi straightened up, replying in Terran standard, "Nanzi has been working very strong on it, Nanzi believe Jason... Chief Feargussi is also nicely fluent in Slarmitti."

Teffa nodded again, "Very well, I will allow it... Just keep track of how much time you are here, I don't want you taken advantage of."

Nanzi bowed, "Thank you, I will Teffa." The Office Manager slithered out with a smile. Teffa smirked. The impromptu private concert the Exquisite Lady gave to her entire embassy staff accomplished exactly what she intended it to.

It brought them together.

When the performance had finished the reaction to it was profound. The two different groups began to mingle. Those who could communicate with the other group, even imperfectly, did so, immediate translation was available to quell any misunderstandings.

Various roles found their counterparts.

Joon went to chat with the two junior officers. The new Lieutenants shared a smile, then Lieutenant Hill said, "Fall in."

Sgt.Maj. Addams shouted, "Fall in!" In moments the Terran personnel were in parade formation ready for inspection. Lieutenant Nesbit introduced 'her' Navy and Lieutenant Hill introduced 'his' Marines to the Ambassador.

Senior Chief Jason Ferguson was only five foot three, he was in his early sixties and greying pretty hard. He wore a perpetual smile and spoke in a clipped outer ring accent.

His job was to support his Lieutenant and keep the Navy staff on point.

They were: Petty Officers first class; Oscar Litman and Cate Messaoudi.

Petty Officers second class; Hannah Morisaki, Olivia Watts and Paul Molina.

Lieutenant Hill in turn introduced Joon's Embassy Marine Guard. Sergeant Major Zoe Addams seemed to be Chief Ferguson's antithesis. With jet-black hair worn marine short and ever watching, piercing black eyes, her natural expression was decidedly cool.

Sgt.Maj. Addams kept the Marines in order and away from trouble, including her Lieutenant.

They were: Staff Sergeants; Ned McGraw, Ming Bai, Eric Jaffar and James Cunningham. Sergeants; Mark Dilloway, Wolf Steiner, Sarah Isaac, Letitia Wood, Vincent Mancini, Robert Lynch, Bongo West, Duncan Freiberg and Daisy Jones.

*No Privates or Corporals?* Joon asked on her network.

*I'm afraid not, M'lady...* Paula informed, *The TFN Department of Foreign Affairs learned a long time ago not to post lowest tier enlisted to embassies, eliminating seventy-five percent of opportunistic espionage.*

*Ah, I see, excellent.* Joon responded. Joon made sure to shake the hand of every single one of them, memorizing the name with the face. She made small talk with them and got a good feel for their personalities. That was just the kind of person she was.

Agatha fed her emotional responses, Joon developed an accurate idea who they were and what she was dealing with. Agatha informed her Mistress that none of the Terrans had murder in their hearts. It was a completely unfair advantage, and Joon used it ruthlessly.

She wanted to be sure there was no chance any of these people could hurt her family. However, there were some curious anomalies among them, of course, Agatha informed her family.

0o0

"Please, don't misunderstand me Lieutenant, I have no intention of altering TFMC SOP, I am, in fact, counting on it." Una replied to Hill's question.

Ten minutes after they were introduced to their Ambassador, the two lead Marines of the Terran Federation Embassy on Staverka were in Una's Security office on the first floor being briefed on current Protocols. They were in capable hands... So to speak.

'Una' was designated Head of Security for the Embassy of Staverka Coordinating between the Ambassador's Security Chief Samira Bahjat and the Terran Marines with whom she would be working closely.

"Yes, Ma'am... But just to clarify, you are not TFMC."

Una paused, "No Lieutenant, I am not... But I am quite familiar with all TFMC regs, 'Our' protocols were based on them."

Lieutenant Hill's eyes briefly met with Sgt.Maj. Addams non-expressive glance.

Una continued, "Hopefully, you're going to find a comfortable familiarity here."

Walter grimaced, "That's what bothers me, comfort is too close to complacency for my taste... Ma'am."

"I appreciate that, Lieutenant, and if you have any suggestions I will certainly take them under consideration..." Una focused her steel and silver cat-eyes on the hefty Marine as she finished her thought, "However, for all intents and purposes, you work for me."

Lieutenant Hill and Sgt.Maj. Addams both knew a subtle warning when they heard it... Una was the Ambassador's choice to run Embassy Security, not the TFMC.

"Yes, Ma'am, understood." Walter replied.

Una nodded, "Don't worry, Lieutenant... I won't let anyone get fat and lazy." She smirked, "So we should get our people familiarized with the armory and the watch schedule, ASAP."

A single eyebrow arched on the grim Sgt.Maj.'s face at Una's use of the phrase 'Our people'. Una nodded to the Marine NCOIC... There was a knowing look in her Cat-like eyes. "My office is always open." She concluded.

With that they went their separate ways to put all of the new Terran Marine shaped pieces on the embassy game board.

0o0

Brilliant scarlet eyes dilated as the silver plumed Skerawk sampled the Dauzakai Wunai moon tea.

"This is exquisite." she warbled in delight.

Agatha smiled, replying in the same language, "I am pleased you approve."

Skerawk didn't easily 'sip' from teacups, but they did enjoy the sublime, stimulant laden beverages often classified as tea.

Sedge Skera was the name of the post Yelneg Imperial government that most of the Skerawk had formed almost a thousand years ago.

Of the three races the Yelneg had enslaved, it was the Skerawk that proved to be the most troublesome. The Avians were known for their small, agile and extremely lethal warships, tall, spire-like building construction, and a proclivity for socializing.

Agatha's research was littered with stories of how seemingly innocuous Skerawk slaves managed to push the Imperial Yelneg to near ruin. Some believe the Skerawk would have toppled the malignant Yelneg imperialists eventually and that such a fate was narrowly averted by the emergence of the stolid Trankaran Republic.

"I am now authorized to represent the Sharik-Sah, as long as it doesn't compromise my post here." Minsu stated.

Agatha focused her attention on her tea companion. They were sitting together in the metal shop's back room, which Agatha had tastefully furnished. "So, what brings us to your attention?" The Skerawk Operative inquired politely.

Agatha briefly reviewed in her mind what she knew of the Skera Intelligence Service. Fifteen hundred years ago the original Skerawk leaders were authoritarian capitalists who had no compunction about selling their own people to the Yelneg. The Sharik-Sah hunted down and killed those leaders and any Skerawk who profited from slavery, every single one.

They then evolved into a clandestine anti-imperial network that took advantage of the corruption within the Yelneg Empire to cripple its infrastructure...Eventually becoming feared by all Yelneg using difficult to detect symbolic weapons... the feather-like wind blades.

But times have changed, and now the Sharik-Sah were a legitimate institution of the Sedge Skera. Still secretive and unable or unwilling to lose its deadly reputation, they dealt mostly with economic and security concerns protecting Skerawk national interests. But they were regarded as the oldest and most revered intelligence service still active in the Minor Empires.

Agatha put down her teacup, "I would like to thank you for your time, I appreciate you and your expertise." Minsu blinked rapidly, but did not comment, so Agatha continued. "I would like to begin a conversation concerning the Minor Empire's Security Intelligence Network." Agatha stated.

Minsu tilted her head to one side, "I've never heard of that."

Agatha nodded, "I would be surprised if you had... I just created it."

0o0

Una walked into the dark cavernous space and clicked on an old-style lighting switch on the wall, a mix of sodium and soft white lights flickered on.

"This is the only room that transcends through the third floor," she pointed: those are supports for the Roof Pad, this space was designated as an exercise area. I understand it was used for melee sparring when this building was an active precinct." Una explained to the Terrans she led around touring the Embassy. "Feel free to ask questions, I appreciate them."

The vaulted ceiling of the large room was adorned with massive support structures giving the space an industrial feel.

"So, we can turn this area into a gym?" Staff Sergeant McGraw asked. The impressive ginger Marine looked like he preferred to spend most of his free time working on his physique.

Una nodded to him, "Absolutely, this whole floor was basically ignored until your arrival, so what is done with it will depend on how motivated you are."

'Una's' statement wasn't lost on the group, they were being given a great deal of freedom with most of their living and workspace. She led them down the east hall past the medical suite then around to the armory, the heavy doors were exceptionally armored. "This is the armory; it will be your responsibility to keep it secure as a last ditch hold out position... It is the place farthest from any of the exits save for the cargo lift."

1...45678...16