Michael or Mac Ep. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I know, what we can do, and I guess time will tell." so I go grab the acoustic guitar, some headphones of my own, and bring it back to the sofa. "Now, go with me on this, Miley." I start to play, and the moment I start playing, Miley rolls her eyes, smiling. "I'll do the first bit you the second and me the chorus together, then reverse." I begin to sing.

"We clawed, we chained, our hearts in vain

We jumped, never asking why

We kissed, I fell under your spell

A love no one could deny."

Then Miley starts to sing,

"Don't you ever say I just walked away

I will always want you

I can't live a lie, running for my life

I will always want you."

I sang the chorus, and then in the second half, we reversed, So Miley sang the next verse, and I sang the second with Miley singing the chorus.

Then I change the song and go into Party in the USA. Miley just burst out laughing. "That's on you, Mac."

"I hopped off the plane at LAX with a dream and my cardigan

Welcome to the land of fame, excess, whoa am I gotta fit in?

Jumped in the cab, here I am for the first time

Look to my right, and I see the Hollywood sign" I sing.

When I get to the chorus, Miley joins in. I stopped there because although it was one of my favorites when I was younger, it grates a little now.

"Oh Christ Miley, you're not having second thoughts about having us over, are you?" Donna says jokingly.

She laughs, "no, it's good to see people enjoy music whatever."

The live feed is very lively tonight, and word is getting around that Miley Cyrus is on. Over thirty thousand people are watching our live feed; that doesn't count people showing it on their channel.

"So what made you get in touch with me about Mac then, Miley?"

"I saw his version of one. The clarity and pureness of his music were breathtaking. I hope we can have another incredible moment tonight."

"So what do you say, Mac? Can we have something from you?"

I get up and walk over to the my electric guitar and sit. Everything is set other than what I am going to play. Then a song my Mother used to sing to me when I was young comes to mind. I start to play; I hear Emma gasp as the first notes are played. I look across at her and smile. Closing my eyes, I submerse myself into the song My Immortal.

I'm so tired of being here

Suppressed by all my childish fears

And if you have to leave

I wish that you would just leave

'Cause your presence still lingers here

And it won't leave me alone

These wounds won't seem to heal, this pain is just too real

There's just too much that time cannot erase

When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears

When you'd scream, I'd fight away all of your fears

And I held your hand through all of these years

But you still have all of me...

When I started to play, this song was one of the first songs I learned to play. I sang this song when I missed my Mother the most. Every time I play this song, I feel her standing next to me, singing and harmonizing with me.

This is the first time I have ever played this song in front of anyone. I am lost in the music as tears start to fall from my eyes. I am unaware of the emotions that I am displaying outwardly, and all the pain I feel from losing my parents come across in my music.

As I play the last couple of notes, I open my eyes and see two females that are blubbering messes. I look at the TV screen, and Miley has tears running down her face. Then I notice my tears and smile through them. "Sorry, that is the song my mother used to sing to me when I was younger."

Emma walks over to me, totally forgetting the people watching, and puts her arms around me, pulling me into her chest. She kisses the top of my head, "I love you so much," she says.

"Love you too," I answer.

"Oh god, I can hear the hearts breaking across the land," Donna says, trying to get some control of herself. "So, Miley, was that what you needed?"

"That's why I have invited him down. For an artist to be able to put that much emotion into his music is incredible." She wipes her eyes again. "Just look at me," she says, trying to laugh through her tears.

"I'm not going to go into Mac's story, but he has lived with more pain in his first eighteen years than most people have in a lifetime." Donna moves in front of the camera. "Sorry guys, but I'm going to love you and leave you." Donna turns the live feed off, and my phone lights up on the side.

"It's Miley," Emma says.

"Well, answer it then."

She gives me an awkward smile and then answers the video call. "Oh hey, Emma, that was incredible, wasn't it?" Emma looks at me, a little overwhelmed with the reality of her situation. She lifts the phone, so it's facing me. "Hey Mac, that was the single most incredible thing I have been involved with."

"Thanks, Miley," I'm a bit confused as to why everyone is reacting the way they are. I walk over and take the phone from Emma, kissing her at the same time. "So, are we going to nail down when we are coming over?"

"Okay, Mac. Are you one hundred percent okay for next weekend?"

I look at the two ladies in the room, and they are staring at me involuntarily, nodding. I laugh, "I think that's a yes from this end."

Miley gets up off the couch she's sat on. She walks through a couple of doors, "Pa?" She calls. The girls move behind me so they can see the screen. "Pa, will it be okay for Mac and friends to come over next weekend?"

Miley turns her phone to face her Dad, "Oh, hey Mac, Emma, and Donna. I just watched your live feed. Mac.....wow," he says.

I hear Donna whisper to Emma, "Billy Ray Cyrus knows who I am."

Billy Ray refocuses on his daughter. "Uhhh, yeah. Your Ma is away, but nothing else is happening because of Thanksgiving." He smiles that he gave a good answer.

"Right, that's that. Ya all comin next week." Miley turns the phone back and smiles excitedly. "Anyway, guys, I have to shoot. I have a video conference organized for five."

"Okay, Miley, I will book the flights now and let you know flight times."

"Great, speak to you later. Bye Mac, I'm looking forward to our weekend even more now." With that, she was gone.

Donna leans forward and kisses me on the cheek, "I've got a dinner date with my boyfriend tonight."

"Oh, I thought you would be at ours with Terri?"

"Nah, I'm good. Is it okay if I leave my stuff here?" Donna doesn't wait for an answer. She walks over, picks her Jacket up, and quickly exits before either Emma or I react.

Six o'clock sharp, we are walking up the front porch of Emma's house. The door opens as we get to the top step, and a smiling Kim and Ron are standing there looking a little anxious.

"Kim, Ron, may I introduce Olivia to you," I say, all formal.

"Stop messing around," Olivia says as she pushes past, embracing first Kim and then Ron. "Hey you, it's been too long. We should have met long before this."

"I blame the boss," Ron says.

"Yeah, it would have been a tad awkward any sooner, I guess," Kim says.

"Come on, stop hogging the guest of honor," Susan says from behind me.

"Hello Susan, there's at least one person I've met," Olivia says as she greets Susan.

"Are we standing on the porch all night, or are we going in at some point," Paps says.

Ron laughs, "come on, Paps, let's get you a beer."

"Now we're talking," Paps says as he walks in with Ron.

Everyone else follows, and the women make for the kitchen where the wine is. Paps follows Ron into the dining room, where there's a bar in the corner. This leaves Emma and myself just standing in the entrance hall, not knowing what to do.

A knock at the door breaks the moment's pause, "I'm not late, am I?"

"Come on in, Terri," I say. "Kim, Susan, and Olivia are in the kitchen. Ron and Paps are in the dining room. Take your pick because we are going upstairs." Emma says. She grabs my hand, and we head for the stairs. "Mind if I stay at yours tonight?" Emma asks as we walk into her bedroom.

"Olivia's going to be there, so I'm not sure if that will be okay."

"She already knows we sleep together, and the only reason they have the rule is, so they don't look bad."

"I guess, but it would be wise to run it past Kim and Paps. We don't want to presume and then get all that we have taken away."

"They wouldn't, would they?"

"I doubt it, but I think it's common courtesy."

"Okay, do I get a little taster?" I pull her in, and we kiss.

"Uhem," we turn, and Olivia is standing at the door. "Sorry to disturb, but Kim would like your presence downstairs."

"No problem, Olivia, and Olivia, would you be okay with Emma staying the night at ours?"

"Personally, I am fine with it. But that's not my call."

"We're just checking you are okay with it before asking permission."

We make our way downstairs, and Emma goes straight into the kitchen, so I follow. There's a pile of plates ready to go, so I grab them and make my way to the dining room, where the table looks incredible. I have to smile to myself.

Ron hands me a lemonade, I take a swig, and I head back to the kitchen. "Everything can go with a cover on, Mac," Kim says when she sees me come back through the door. "And for that other thing. That's fine too as long as Olivia is comfortable with it." I smile at her, grab a towel from the side and start taking the dishes in. With that, everyone grabs a dish, and we make our way into to dining area.

We are all sitting around the table. Olivia is asked to say grace, and then it's every person for themselves.

The dinner goes well, and Olivia is now a fully-fledged member of Mac's Belmont clan, or Terri as just made up the MBC. I roll my eyes, but I must admit it feels good to have people that care for you unconditionally.

******

Monday morning, I am sitting in Susan Harper's first lesson. I wonder if I will get a scowl from Donna this morning after yesterday's revelation. I have planned my lesson and have already started listening to my recording from one of my professors as the hoards start to enter.

My eyes are fixed to the door when first Donna, then Mia, walks in. Donna doesn't even look my way, and I get a momentary glance from Mia. Emma walks in about ten seconds later, giving me a more extended look than Mia, but without her beautiful smile. It looks like they've had a conversation in the car on how they will act in front of me. I have to smile to myself at the thought they put into it.

The day goes relatively fast. I get some messages from Emma, but school is uneventful. The only change was that I had some company in the swimming pool. A couple of the school swim team was getting in some extra practice because the coach would be picking the people he would be focusing on for the up-and-coming gala's that start after Christmas. Nobody seems to take much notice of me as I do my lengths.

There's more happening at Emma's place; the builders are in to lay the foundation for Ron's new place of work. They have decided to put a prefabricated building at the side of the garden that gets little sun. The old treehouse tree is well past its best, has been cut down, and the office space will be put in its place. It means they don't lose the garden's best part, and it looks like it's part of the house. The prefab has central heating the works and will be plumbed into the house's amenities. It should arrive in a couple of days good to go. Emma is a little pissed because it means no more hammock.

School seems to settle down into a rhythm through the week, and the thanksgiving concert we are putting on seems to be taking shape. Luckily the sound system is fixed, and I don't need to help out with the music, giving Emma and me a lesson to talk together.

Wednesday night, I am at Emma's doing her homework. There's a knock at the door. "Mac?"

"Yes, Kim?" I look up because Kim doesn't answer straight away.

"Ummm, you know this Thanksgiving event you put on at the ranch?"

"Yes?"

"Well, can anyone be invited?"

"Yes, I suppose, it's a big event, and there's an open invitation to the entire area."

"You know that usually, we do lunch here for the local volunteers?"

"Yes, Kim, if you, Ron, and Emma want to come, you will be more than welcome." Emma suddenly looks up from her laptop.

"And we can stay at the ranch?" Emma says, her eyes bulging with excitement.

"Of course, where else would you stay?" Emma squeals at my answer.

"I'll let Ron know he's spending Thanksgiving with the boss," Kim says with her phone in her hand.

I pick up my phone, "hey Olivia, is the plane free to bring me and the in-laws up for thanksgiving?"

"I'm not sure, Mac; give me five to find out."

"We're taking the plane?" Emma says

"If it's free, with six of us, it makes more sense, but we'll have to drive up from the airport, though."

My phone rings, "Hey sweetie, it's free at the moment. Do you want me to book it for Wednesday and return Sunday?"

"I look at Kim, Wednesday to Sunday, okay?" She nods her approval. "Yes, please, Olivia. Can you book transport for six people from the airport?"

"Mac, it would be so much easier to book the Helicopter again."

"Okay, no problem, seems we are coming on Wednesday. Can you let me know when that's all sorted?"

"Yep, no problem. Oh, and Mac, you should see what Violet has done with the old Parker place. It's looking incredible and will be finished in time as well."

"Do you think they can move in for Thanksgiving?"

"I don't see why not. Everything is there other than their clothes and themselves."

"I can't wait to see Bucks face."

"It's going to be special. When are you planning to tell Buck?"

"Not sure; I'm open to suggestions."

"Leave it with me. God I love my job."

I laugh at her enthusiasm. "Okay, thanks, Olivia; let me know when you've booked everything."

"Will do, boss, see ya, sweetie." I smile at her contradiction in what she calls me as the line goes quiet.

"Okay, up Wednesday by company jet, helicopter to the ranch. Back the opposite way. Will that fit okay with Ron?"

"Yes, he finishes on Friday, so that is perfect. Why six?"

"I was thinking of asking Susan. She usually comes here, doesn't she?"

Kim nods, then disappears back downstairs, as we continue with Emma's homework.

It doesn't take long until we are finished and make our way downstairs. Kim is sitting in the kitchen; she gets up as soon as we walk in. "Coffee before you go, Mac?"

"Yes, please. Can we go out and see Ron's place of work?"

"Of course, you can; you did pay for it."

The office space is incredible, and it even has a small bathroom. The door in and out is quite sturdy as well. All the computers and other office equipment are still boxed up in the corner.

"Wow, can't believe this was put here in three days," Emma says.

"Yeah, it's amazing what you can buy these days ready-made."

We go back into the kitchen where Kim has sat back down; she smiles as we come back in holding hands. my phone vibrates in my pocket. I have a one-word text from Olivia, "sorted."

I smile, "everything is booked."

Kim looks up, "are you two still out of town this weekend?"

"Yes, mom, we are spending the weekend with our famous friends," Emma said in her best English accent.

"I'm so jealous," Kim says. "But your dad and I are going to treat ourselves to a couple of days at some spa he's booked."

"Oh, that sounds nice," Emma says, not sounding that convincing. I can't help but chuckle. "What?" she says, hitting my arm.

"Getting back to the subject of Thanksgiving. Is the house big enough for all of us?" Now it's Emma's turn a laugh. "What?" Kim says, trying to imitate Emma.

"Yes, Kim, the ranch has eight bedrooms, or if you want a bit of privacy. There are several rooms next to the stables where people stay during the summer."

"It's a big place then?"

"You could say that, mom. Each bedroom has its own en suite and walk-in closet. The dining room is the size of our downstairs. The only thing that it doesn't have is an indoor pool."

"Look out, Mac; looks like she's already moved in."

"We have talked about that, Kim," I say. Kim's eyes open wide in amazement. So I clarified, "before Emma and I got too intimate, we talked about what she would be taking on."

"To what ends, though?"

"So nothing comes as a surprise, and I walk into this relationship with my eyes open." Emma says to show she's fully understands.

"That's a lot to take on board."

"That's why we needed to be open when our relationship had reached a certain level. The gift of the necklace sparked it on her birthday."

"I remember that conversation in the kitchen. I guess it is a lot to accept."

"Kim, I was born into my position, but Emma has and always will have a choice, but she has accepted that I don't have the same luxury. If she wants to be with me, the rest comes along with it."

"So there's nothing binding?"

"No, just an understanding of what being with me means."

"I hadn't thought of that. Is that part of the reason you hide who you are?"

"There are many reasons for my hiding myself. Being well off might be many people's dream, but there are a lot of problems that accompany such a responsibility."

"I can imagine all those people's lives depending on working for you."

We sit there quiet for a while, "I better get going in a bit. Are we okay with everything?"

"Yep, and Ron can't wait to see your ranch. Neither can I, for that matter. I missed out when Emma was there the first time."

"Do you ride?"

"No, but there will be plenty to do, right?"

"Always something is happening on the ranch, even in late fall."

I call it a night, get my things together and make my way home. Paps is delighted that Emma and her folks are coming and thinks it will be good to ask Susan. He's not impressed with the use of the company jet but can't argue that I own it, so why not.

******

I'm sitting outside on my own Thursday lunch when Mia walks past, looking a little upset. I see she is heading for the athletics track and decide to see what's up. It's not what I would typically do, but I think I know what the problem is.

"Hey, Mia, want any company."

"Hi, Michael, and no, thank you."

"So, what's up?" I say, ignoring her answer and sitting on one of the seats.

"Oh, it's Donna and Emma. I wanted to hang out this weekend, but they have got something on they can't tell me about."

"And you are feeling left out?"

"Well yeah, we usually do everything together."

"I'm not sure why they chose not to tell you." I got my phone out and messaged Emma to ask. It turned out that they didn't want to say anything because it would make her feel even more left out. So I messaged Miley to see if we could invite Mia.

Mia goes to get up after I was silent for a couple of minutes. "Hang on a minute, Mia. I'm just trying to see what I can do about your little problem. The problem is that I need to ask someone's permission before I say anything."

"Don't bother if you have to get Emma and Donna's permission."

"No, Emma and Donna were trying not to hurt your feelings even more. They were protecting you from something about me."

"Oh, right."

"Trouble is you feel bad whatever." My phone vibrates with Miley's permission. "Right, not a word to anyone." I get up and look around the corner to check nobody is listening in.

I then decide to message her on the phone; it's much quieter that way. She squeals when she reads the message of where we are going after telling me she could come away for the weekend. I then use my phone and booked her plane ticket. Luckily there is still room on our flight.

"Mia, remember, not a word," I say as she hurries off excitedly.

After that, I have one more good deed to do. Ten minutes before the bell rings for the end of lunch, I walk into Susan's class.

"Hello, Michael," she says hesitantly.