Military Matters Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was a good five minutes later that we re-entered the living room, the muted conversation stopping completely as we stepped through the doorway. The three of them studying our expressions obviously concerned after my reaction to Danny's proposal.

"Well..... have you...." Brenda asked hesitantly.

Biting my bottom lip, I held up my left hand and put my right on my belly.

"We both said yes!"

"Both?" for a second or two she looked at me totally bemused before she noticed my hand on stomach.

"Oh my god... you're..... you're not...." she shrieked opening her eyes wide with surprise and flung her arms around me.

"Yes, I'm pregnant."

"Sweetheart, that's wonderful. I'm getting another daughter and a grandchild at the same time." She started to babble, "John, open the champagne. You can have one glass can't you dear. Oh my, this is unbelievable."

Overwhelmed by their reaction I started to cry again. Their reaction was everything I could ever want but would never get at my own home.

"Will you stay in the army?" Brenda asked me a little later as we sipped champagne, "You know, when the baby is born."

I shook my head "No, I'm going to resign my commission and focus on being a wife and mother."

We all spent the evening celebrating over a delicious home cooked dinner before Danny and I retired early desperate to be alone together for the night.

After we had made frantic love for the second time I lay in his arms, still in my stockings, gently caressing his chest.

"Are you sure about leaving the army?" Danny asked me solicitously.

"Yes. Maybe I'll retrain. Become a teacher or something. I have my degree so it would just mean doing the teacher training course." I answered sleepily.

"You'd be happy with that?"

"Danny I'm happier than I ever thought possible. We're getting married and having a baby. I never ever imagined my life could be this complete. Ever." Giving him one last kiss, I closed my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep as I dreamt of the rest of my life.