Mimi's Daddy Ch. 36: Two Pink Lines

Story Info
Adam's sister finds the divorce papers and confronts them.
2.1k words
4.65
951
3

Part 36 of the 41 part series

Updated 05/24/2024
Created 04/02/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Adam and Mimi waited. The pregnancy test rested on the sink. From where he sat on the edge of the tub, he asked, "How long does it take?"

"Five minutes."

He grumbled, "Five insanely long minutes."

"A second line will happen in the little square." She pointed at the first red line that was clearly visible. Mimi had made him stand in the hall while she'd peed on the stick.

He blinked and had to look again when he saw a second pink line form. "Like that one there." He stood up to see better.

She leaned forward, looking with him. "Yeah. That's it. The doctor confirmed the results. I can't tell you how many of these things I peed on before my appointment."

A wave of warmth swept through him. A son? A daughter? He reached over and took her hand. "Do you want to know the crazy thing?"

"What?"

"My grandfather knew how I felt about the traditional nuclear family and how jaded I was as a teen. He wanted to force my hand about getting married. The old man wanted me to have a family. It's why he set up the trust like he did. When he was dying, he tried to tell me not to miss out on the things that he had, like spending time with your children." He looked down into Mimi's tender, trusting face.

"What do you want to do, Mimi girl?"

"I want to have this baby."

He nodded. "Our bargain keeps getting more layered."

"Love is complicated."

Her use of the word startled him. "Is that what we are doing?"

She touched his cheek with a feathery fingertip. "I think so. It's what I'm doing."

"I'm going to fuck this up, Mimi."

"Probably." She leaned up and gently pulled his face down to hers. Her mouth was sweet, wild strawberries, and he kissed her. Fools that they were, the pizza grew cold. There was no way to curb the wanting of her. There was nothing to do but give into it. He lifted her up, startling a gasp out of her, and carried her to the bedroom.

He lay her down on the big bed and began unfastening his shirt.

"But Sarah?"

"Is with your family." He pulled his shirt off over his head and reached for his belt.

"Are you sure?"

He dropped his belt to the floor and sank a knee into the bed next to her hip. Adam lay his body on top of hers, crushing her into the mattress. He slid his thigh between her legs, settling against her.

She whispered, "Are you sure?"

He bent and kissed the curve of her neck up to the tender place behind her earlobe. A daisy earing danced against his jaw. "Do you want me to stop?"

She took a deep, steadying breath, ribs flaring under him, and whispered, "No."

He slid one hand down to her thigh and pushed up her dress. For now, she was his. In this moment, he could pretend that he was the kind of man who could have a family, who could be loved. He slid his hand under her and cupped her bottom over the lace of her underwear, underwear he had chosen for her. Her arms snaked around him, and she tangled her hands in his hair. Shifting restlessly under him, she parted her thighs wider. He wanted to be inside her, joined to her. Adam claimed her mouth, easing his weight to his elbow, giving her more room to breathe as he drew her thigh up along his hip.

"I should be slow with you." He whispered between kisses.

"But I don't want slow." Her hands stroked down his chest and belly, and he lifted back to give her room. Her fingers trembled as she unfastened his pants. His cock ached at her inadvertent touches. He pushed her pretty panties to the side and slid into her hot, wet body. A painful groan rattled through him. As he held still, she began to tremble under him. Her lovely, thick thighs wrapped around him. They moved together, riding the need and longing. She fit to him like a puzzle piece. She was everything he had thought he would never have.

***

They got home late. Mimi and he hadn't picked up his little sister until almost eleven. He didn't regret the time they had taken to make love. Mimi was getting ready for bed, and Adam swung into the kitchen to get a drink. Sarah was at the table, white as a ghost, with the divorce paperwork spread out on the table before her. "What is this?

"Oh shit." He sat down abruptly in a kitchen chair. "Can't you be a normal teenager that is oblivious to everything?"

"No." She smacked her hands down on the paperwork. "What the hell is this?"

"We made an agreement. I had to save Mom's house. She wanted the farmhouse. I had to marry someone to do that."

"Mimi agreed to that?"

"Clearly."

"But she loves you."

"You don't know that."

"I do. Everyone does. And you love her."

He didn't answer.

"Oh my God, how stupid can you be?" He flinched. Sarah shook the papers at him. "You need to destroy this and get your head together. She is going to have your baby. That is my niece or nephew she is carrying! Don't screw this up."

"You don't understand, Sarah. Adult relationships are very complicated."

"Divorcing someone you love is stupid, and you two love each other."

He couldn't deny it. Mimi spoke behind him. "I'm sorry, am I interrupting?"

She had on cute pajamas with rainbows all over them.

He said, "No" at the same time Sarah said, "Yes."

Sarah started stuffing the papers back in the envelope. "Mimi, don't read this. Not ever. My stupid big brother is going to burn these."

"I paid money to have that drawn up."

Sarah leveled a gaze at him.

"I'm trying to protect her."

Mimi asked quietly, "From what?"

"From me, from my family, from being trapped in a marriage that you agreed to because you are kind."

Sarah stood up, papers clutched to her chest. "I'm taking these with me." She pointed at Mimi. "You won't sign these. You two quit being stupid."

Sarah stomped down the hall, grumbling about how big an idiot her brother was.

Mimi sat down next to him. "She is a romantic."

"And you're not?" He reached over and took her hand.

"Maybe once, when I was her age. Sometimes I don't know enough about a situation, but I've never been stupid." She placed the slim black leather collar on the table beside him. "I know I don't fit in your world. Adam, I don't blame you if you want your freedom. Honestly, I don't even know how to move among those people. I help people find pets and wear duck earnings."

"I'm a plumber. It's not my world either." He drew the black leather into his hands, gathering it. His throat tightened at her giving it back to him. He knew she didn't understand, but it hurt as if she had handed him her wedding band.

"But you fit, I don't."

"Sarah thinks you love me."

"I do." She touched his arm and stood up, leaving him speechless. He watched her fill a glass of water as the silence stretched between them. He'd learned from his father that love didn't mean everything. Adam wanted to grab her, to shake her, to kiss her stupid, but instead he let her walk down the hall and shut the door.

***

Mimi...

Mimi stood in front of the dresser mirror, smoothing her hands over her stomach, which still felt exactly the same. How could there be a life in there? Sarah had said that he loved her. Why didn't he say it before? Did he feel like he had to now? She was going to tell him how she felt. About him and about the baby.

They were her miracles. How was she going to do it without making it sound like a trap? She was going to keep the baby no matter what he said, and she wouldn't ask anything of him. He had been very clear that he didn't want to be a father. If she was going to have any chance of a future with him, she was going to have to be brave and honest. But he should know the truth. She had to tell him how much he meant to her.

Adam palmed his keys. He just couldn't face her. Adam slipped out of the front door and headed to a local bar he used to go to before Mimi, before he had even imagined a different kind of life. A beer and loud music would clear his head, and then they could talk. He had to tell her he loved her and had from the first time she'd shared her dreams with him.

It didn't matter that she didn't want to be part of his family's world. It would be fine to go to the mandatory family events without her. And who could blame her? His family wasn't like hers. It wasn't full of people who loved and supported you. Business and money, and who you knew was the environment he grew up in. He didn't want to have kids, just to send them to boarding school, or have them raised by nannies. He thought about her dream and the little girl. Maybe a red head, like her mom. The idea made him smile. And a pony. Why on earth would you get a three-year-old a pony? The very idea made him smile.

The bar smelled of stale beer, and was more dimly lit than he remembered. He and the guys sometimes caught a beer here when a job ended. Sort of a celebratory tradition. He knew the bartender who was working. He'd even taken her home a time or two. She was pretty and fun. He slung his leg over a stool and sat at the bar.

The pretty bartender said, "It's been a while since I've seen you." She snapped a fresh coaster down in front of him. "Draft?"

"You know what I like."

"I heard you got married."

***

Mimi...

After waiting until Adam got home, Mimi pretended to be a possum when he came into the bedroom. He'd stood next to the bed for a long time, but he didn't speak to her or try to shake her awake. When he sat down, he smelled like beer and cigarettes, but there was no hint of perfume.

***

The Next Day at the rescue, Mimi's mind kept wandering back to how the two of them had lain there in the dark, alone while together. He hadn't even undressed, just kicked off his heavy boots and laid down next to her. What if she had been brave enough to say something? She slid her key into the front door and locked the shelter for the night. Her phone in her pocket rang, and she pulled it out to see who it was. Even though it was an unknown number, and they were closed, she answered it. Sometimes her personal number got passed to other rescues. Usually, they texted, but not always.

"Hello dear." Adam's aunt's voice was warm as honey.

Stunned, Mimi almost dropped her phone. "Lady Ann?"

"Aunt Ann. I might have heard from a little bird that you had a bit of difficulty navigating my soiree."

"It was beautiful. Thank you so much for inviting me."

"Mimi, there is no need for politeness among family. Do you have plans for the evening?"

"I think Sarah has a date and Adam has been working late."

"I would love to have some time with you. Would you join me at my home for the evening?"

"I have nothing to wear. I just got off work." She looked down at her embroidered overalls and the animal pins she had put all over the bib. Her shirt was a clown yellow color. "I don't think what I'm wearing would be appropriate."

"Are your nipples covered?"

Mimi chuckled. "They are."

"Then come spend time with me, just as you are. I love my nephew to my very bones, but sometimes he can be a stubborn oaf, just like my brother. Did he even prepare you for what you would see at my event?"

"No mam."

"I thought as much. I'll order us dinner and we can talk. How long will it take you to get here?"

"At least forty-five minutes."

"Perfect. I will text Adam and let him know you are with me."