Miranda - One Shot

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Inkysquid718
Inkysquid718
1,074 Followers

HI.

HEY. I texted back.

ARE YOU BUSY?

JUST WORKING ON SOME THINGS.

CAN I STOP BY?

SURE.

DO YOU WANT DINNER?

I CAN EAT.

OK. SEE YOU SOON. ;-)

I set my phone down and then put away my laptop. I stood from my couch and decided to clean up for Miranda with a quick shower. It was strange. As I washed myself, I couldn't help but feel relieved that Lisa was no longer in the picture. I felt a sense of freedom to see whomever I wanted. But, what was strangest to me was that I wanted to see Miranda. I finished with my shower and got dressed in a pair of khakis and a polo. I sat back down and waited for Miranda. My phone vibrated on the coffee table. I picked it up to see it was Miranda.

WANNA COME OUTSIDE?

ON MY WAY.

I stepped out of my house and found Miranda outside. She stood against my fence and was staring into the bay. She turned when she heard me walk up to her. A smile appeared on her face.

"Hey Evan!" she greeted.

"Hey."

Miranda stepped up to me and wrapped her arms around me for a hug. It was awkward for me at first, but I soon got over it and wrapped my arms around her. We stood in our embrace for what seemed like forever. She let go and stepped back to look at me. "You dressed up for me?"

I looked down at my clothes, "I did?"

She rolled her eyes, "Well, you usually just wear cargo shorts and whatever paintball stained t-shirt you had laying around."

"Well, I have a life outside of paintball."

"Do you?"

I nodded.

Miranda offered a mischievous smile. She twirled around, "I dressed up for you. How do I look?"

Miranda was wearing a summer dress that ended high above her knees to show off her legs. She wore shear white leggings that ended high on her thighs. She noticed that I was taking her in. Miranda did another twirl and showed off the heels she wore for me as well. I nodded, "You look damned good. But, what is the special occasion?"

"I don't know. I just wanted to look cute for you."

"You always do."

"Stop."

"I mean it."

"Good." Miranda said with a slight blush that had built on her cheeks. She walked over to me and hooked my arm. "Tonight is up to you, Evan. We can go for a ride in that big behemoth you call a car and find a nice place to eat. Or, we can stay local. We can walk to this cute little café that is around the corner from you. I read from many Yelp reviews that they serve amazing food."

"Café sounds good." I admitted, "It is actually my favorite spot for food."

We started walking slowly towards the café. Miranda held my arm tight to her body. I could feel her breasts pressing up on my arm. I tried to keep my mind in check by staring out at the bay and ignoring the fact that there was a lovely young woman on my arm.

"How are you? I haven't heard from you in a couple of days." Miranda asked.

"I've been busy with some work."

"Busy is good."

I nodded. "It pays the bills."

Miranda smiled. "Well, I have to tell you that I have been thinking about that night with you."

"Oh yeah?"

Miranda nodded. "Yes."

"What about that night were you thinking about?"

Miranda rolled her eyes and rested her head on my shoulder. "A lot of that night. I thought about all of it. You don't know how much preparation I did to be able to even say half the things I said to you that night."

"Preparation?"

"Duh!"

"Why?"

Miranda sighed lovingly. "It is because you make me nervous. You give me butterflies in my stomach. When I was laying with you in bed, my heart was pounding. I thought I was going to die. I thought if I did or said the wrong things that you would have thrown me out of your house."

"Never."

"Never?"

I thought for a moment, "Well...if you dropped a paintball marker of mine, then yes. I would throw you out for that. But, I wouldn't for anything else."

"Why?"

I looked over to her, "What do you mean?"

"Why wouldn't you throw me out?" Miranda asked as she looked into my eyes. "Because I am family? Or because there may be something between us?"

"Honestly?"

She nodded, "I hope everything between us is honest. I have been honest with you."

"Yes, you have been." I admitted. I thought about the question she asked and then leaned into her a little. "I would have to say I would not have thrown you out because there is something between us. But, that something is still very strange and very new to me. I don't know what that something may turn into."

"So you have feelings for me?" she asked curiously.

"I admit that I have an attraction to you."

"Just an attraction?"

I shrugged, "Miranda, we are cousins. Nothing we say or feel is going to change the fact that we are family. You know this, right?"

"Understood. But, taking that into consideration, could you answer my question?"

I nodded. "I have feelings for you. Feelings beyond attraction."

Miranda smiled.

"I broke up with Lisa."

Miranda halted our walk to the café. She looked up at me with eyes filled with worry. "Was it because of what we did? Did you break up with her because of me?"

I shook my head.

"Then what is it?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. I guess it was time it happened. I haven't been happy with the relationship I had with her. And prolonging the inevitable was just going to hurt the parties involved."

"But..."

"I went to pick Lisa up for dinner the other day. I decided I was going to show up a little earlier to surprise her. She walked out of her office with these two goons all over her. One of them was holding her waist like she belonged to him. When I confronted them, I knew it was over right then and there." I said. I pulled Miranda along the short distance to the café. I signaled to the waitress that we were taking a table in the outside dining area and pulled a chair out for Miranda. She tucked her summer dress underneath her and sat down. She watched me intently as I sat down and ordered two strawberry iced teas that the café was known for. "All in all, it was over to begin with."

"So, it wasn't because of me?"

I shook my head.

Miranda sat with her hands folded neatly in her lap.

"Would you rather it was because of you?"

She shrugged cutely, "I don't know."

"Really?"

"It would be nice if I was the catalyst for it."

I sat back as the waitress brought our teas. She set them down and gave us a few moments to look at the menus she had also brought. "Miranda, you don't want to strive to be the catalyst for any relationship's end. But, I am glad you are here to spend some time with me. I trapped myself in the house doing projects and was beginning to feel closed in."

Miranda smiled brightly. "Good."

I nodded. "What do you want to eat?"

Miranda shrugged, "I've never eaten here before."

"It's my local hangout. Niko and I eat here a lot."

She looked through her menu, "There are so many options!"

"We can split a summer salad and share a sandwich." I suggested. "After dinner, we can hangout at the house and watch another movie if you want."

Miranda smiled slyly. "That sounds good."

"It can't be a late night."

"Oh?"

"We have practice tomorrow."

She nodded, "I will try to be a good girl."

I snorted with laughter. "Sure you will."

*

I held my breath for a brief moment as I ducked back behind the brightly colored bunker. I heard paintballs slam into the inflated tube I had taken cover behind. The slamming soon turned into whipping-whistling noises as the aim of the person shooting at me turned to keeping me in place. I changed my stance and squatted behind the bunker. I propped my paintball marker up and popped out quickly. I fired a few shots back at the player keeping me in place and shocked him when I scored a shot on his goggles. I looked to my right and saw Niko crawl quickly down the sidelines behind the cover of the snake bunker. I saw there was opponent at the other end of the snake bunker that was expecting Niko to move up.

"Snake 2! Snake 2!" I yelled through my goggles. I turned my aim and fired a stream of paintballs at the player that was looking to stop Niko's hurried crawl down the bunker. I turned to look at the other side of the field and saw my other teammates making good progress down the field. I needed to hurry to a position behind Niko to provide the proper cover for him so we could win the point. Without hesitation, I bolted from the cover of my bunker and hurried to a bunker at the corner of the field. Each step I took I heard paintballs whip past my head. I needed to go faster. I launched into a slide as I neared the corner bunker. My body slammed down onto the turf in a controlled crash landing. I popped back into firing position and saw the player that intended on stopping Niko leaning out. I fired a stream of paint and nailed him in the goggles. He walked off angrily as Niko proceeded to crawl further and further down the snake bunker.

An air horn sounded. A referee that tended to our practice match walked onto the field and waved that the match was over. I let out an exhausted breath and stood from my bunker. My team walked towards me and stood in a circle. Each player took off their goggles when I took mine off.

"Good practice guys." I said as I struggled to catch my breath.

"Nice shot coach." The first player I shot said.

"Thanks." I said as I gasped for air while I set my goggles down on the field. "We are taking our primaries well. I can see that second squad is having trouble making their secondaries. We will try a roster change to see if we can tighten that up. D-side players need to push up the field faster on both squads. We have to take advantage of the field layout being such a cluster on that side. Snake-side players need to cause more of a distraction for the D-side to do their jobs. So, carry more paint at the next practice."

The players nodded. I took a deep breath. "Let's wrap up, clean up and call it a day. Team meal is at my house tonight."

The team cheered and walked off the field. Niko stood next to me as we watched them walk away. He turned to me, "How are you doing old man?"

"Hurting." I admitted as I stripped my jersey off. "I didn't think I was going to make that bunker to keep your ass in the game."

"We lost our corner quickly." Niko said with concern in his voice. "We are going to have to work on that."

"Sure."

"How's it going at home?"

"I broke up with Lisa."

"Yeah?" he asked as we began to walk off the field.

I nodded.

"About damned time."

"If you say so."

"Bro, she wasn't treating you right. You had suspicions that she was fucking someone else."

I turned to him, "Those suspicions were confirmed in a way."

"So, what is the problem?"

"Well, I guess I miss the normalcy of having her around. I mean, it has been a few years together. I liked knowing I could have the sex I wanted whenever I wanted. I liked having that person to hang out with when I wanted to." I took a deep breath. "I guess I miss the normalcy of a relationship."

"Are you telling me that you fear being alone?" Niko asked.

"In a way, yes."

Niko chuckled, "Bro, you got me and the team. We will never leave you alone. Bros for life."

I shook my head, "You know what I mean."

Niko nodded, "What about Miranda?"

"What about her?"

"Any shot at her being around?" Niko asked.

"You mean as something permanent?"

He nodded.

"Dude, I don't know man. That is some wicked taboo there. I'm not devoid of morals dude. That thing that happened the other night was a fluke."

"Was it?"

I shrugged. "I guess, but it still doesn't excuse the fact of the obvious."

"That girl is mad loyal to you. She shows up to all the events. She shows up to practices. She is always there whenever you need her." Niko said. He pointed to Miranda on the side of the practice field. She gave iced water bottles to the players that had walked off the field. "I'm not telling you to commit incest and shit, but think about it. That girl loves you and more than just a cousin."

I looked over to Miranda. She turned to make eye-contact with me and waved happily. "Well, maybe you are right. But, what kind of relationship will it be if we have to live it in the shadows?"

Niko looked over to me, "A kinky one?"

*

Miranda set the last dirty foil pan into the garbage and cinched up the bag. She walked over to me as I packed away the leftover wings that the team had not devoured. "Those guys can eat."

I nodded, "Who would have thought seven pizzas, three big pans of salad and almost eight dozen wings barely fed them all?"

"How many wings do you have left?"

I peered into the container before storing it into the refrigerator. "About seven. Enough for a late night snack and a beer."

"So, what now?" Miranda asked.

"I don't know. It's late."

Miranda stepped closer and leaned against me. "Do you mind if I stay over?"

"If it is alright with you, it is alright with me."

She smiled and walked towards my bathroom. "I'm going to take a quick shower."

I nodded. "Do you need me to get you bedding?"

Miranda stopped and turned around, "You don't want me in your bed?"

"Miranda..."

"Evan, I don't care if the outside world thinks it is wrong. But, if you don't want me in bed with you, then say so."

"I do."

Miranda smiled. "Ok then."

I watched as she dashed off into my bathroom. I walked over to my couch and sat down. My knees ached like they did after an event, but my mind was elsewhere at the moment. I felt a sense of arousal knowing that I will be in bed with Miranda again. My phone vibrated from a message. I pulled out my phone to see that it was Lisa who had messaged me.

AM I BOTHERING YOU?

YOU WILL BE. I HAVE PEOPLE OVER. I texted.

I THINK I MADE A BIG MISTAKE.

YOU DID.

EVAN, I DON'T WANT TO BE WITH ANYONE ELSE. I KNOW I HAD IGNORED YOU. I KNOW I HAVEN'T TAKEN YOUR INTERESTS IN ACCOUNT. I AM SORRY FOR THAT.

LISA, IT'S OVER. I DON'T NEED TO BE INVOLVED WITH A PERSON LIKE YOU.

CAN YOU AT LEAST SEE ME TO TALK IN PERSON?

WHY?

PLEASE, EVAN, FOR OLD TIME'S SAKE? CAN YOU AT LEAST DO THAT? I DON'T WANT TO THROW AWAY ALL THOSE YEARS TOGETHER.

NOPE. HAVE A GOOD LIFE, LISA.

Before she could send another text, I blocked her number on my phone and erased her message. I set my phone down angrily onto the coffee table. Anger brewed within me. I just got used to the fact that Lisa wasn't going to intrude in my life and then she had to spoil it for me. I was lost in my thoughts and didn't notice that Miranda had stepped out of my bathroom wearing a nightie. She must have been talking to me, but her voice couldn't pierce through my thoughts. Miranda walked up to me and shook me out of my thoughts.

"Hey! Are you ok?" Miranda asked concerned.

I nodded, "Yeah. Shit...sorry. I was lost in my thoughts."

She sat down next to me. "I could see that. Is everything ok?"

I shook my head, "Lisa texted me."

"Oh." Miranda uttered with less life in her voice. Mentioning Lisa's name seeming took the life out of her. "Is everything alright?"

"No."

"She wants you back?"

"I think so."

"Do you want her?"

I shook my head. "No."

"Then, why are you so upset?"

"I just don't understand that woman. I did everything I could. Sure, I am not the picture perfect boyfriend, but I don't think I was the worst. Just when I finally break free from her, she goes and ruins my day by breaking back into my life." I rubbed my head and turned to look at Miranda. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be venting to you about her."

"No, I want you to."

"Why?"

"If I can't even help with this minor little problem, then I am no use to you."

I nodded, "This is minor, isn't it?"

"Yes." Miranda said smiling. She scooted closer to me and wrapped her arms around mine. "Listen Evan, I won't be angry if you want to go back to Lisa."

"Why would you say that?"

"I know you are a man of routine. You like having things your way. You like having normalcy. And, I am not part of that normalcy."

I sat up and looked at her, "How could you say that?"

Miranda shrugged. "I don't know."

"Miranda, you have been the only steady female presence in my life. My family hasn't been around for any of my events. Shit, they even missed my birthday. You come to everything. You are always there. Fuck Lisa. You are the normalcy in my life." I said. I leaned back into my couch, wrapped my arm around her and held her close to me. "You're everything I want in a woman."

Miranda placed a hand on my chest and pushed off gently. She looked into my eyes, "Are you messing with me, Evan?"

I shook my head, "No."

"Really?"

I nodded, "But, I don't want to rush anything. This isn't something we could rush into, Miranda. Every step we take has to be thought out. I know you don't care what the outside world thinks, but there are people in our lives from the outside world that will not understand or accept this."

She shook her head cutely, "No, no, absolutely not. I don't want to rush anything."

"Well, I am going to wash up and head to bed." I said as I struggled to get off the couch. Miranda rushed to my aide and helped me to my feet. I thanked her with a smile and went off to take a shower. While in the shower, I contemplated the words said and the decisions that were made. I shook my head as I washed. What was I doing? What the hell was I saying? A tinge of regret began to work its way into my mind. Yet, the time I had spent with her made it clear to me. She was always supportive. She was always there to lend a hand or just keep me company. The odd thing about it all was that she was always the type of girl that I sought after. Miranda wasn't an idiot, but I felt like I was taking advantage of her kindness and willingness. I stepped out of the shower somewhat refreshed. I dried off, dressed and made my way to my bedroom where Miranda was waiting.

"Was it a good shower?" She asked.

I nodded as I got onto my bed. Through working things out about Lisa on the couch, I didn't notice the nightie that she wore. It was light pink with lace at the ends. It clung to her body while showing off her legs. Miranda felt my eyes on her. She crossed her legs seductively and leaned against me.

"Hi." She purred.

"Miranda, can I ask you a question?"

She nodded.

"Let's say we make this happen. Let's say we gave this an actual shot. Aren't you going to find life weird? Besides the fact that we are cousins, I am also much older than you are. I feel like I am robbing the cradle."

Miranda shrugged cutely. She reached up and rubbed the thin beard that I had been growing out. "I find older men more distinguished. I find older men to be worldlier. You, for example, had seen many more years of experience, life and had so many more tales of success and failure than any boy that I could date could have."

"But..."

"I'm not looking for anything perfect, Evan. Nothing in life is perfect. I am looking for passion in a man. I am looking for someone that would give it their all even if that something they are giving it all to may just be a game of paintball. You live life with reckless abandon. I find that sexy. I find myself wishing I could do the same. As anal-retentive as you may be. As demanding as you are. As stubborn as you may appear. I find all those traits desirable. Even if I took the time to go out there and try to find a guy my age that has the same traits like you, it may not even work out. This might not even work out. But, it would be fun to see if it could. I am a grown woman. I can make my own decisions. I don't answer to anyone but myself."

Inkysquid718
Inkysquid718
1,074 Followers