All Comments on 'Moment of Clarity'

by DanielQSteele1

Sort by:
  • 459 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Feedback

Great story, I hope that you submit more.

Scorpio44aScorpio44aabout 14 years ago
Well written, but oh, so sad

The title sums it up

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
excellent

I really enjoyed your story and look forward to many more.

SpykkeSpykkeabout 14 years ago
So many have said it already...

very nice work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
That was a great story!

Please keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
yes!!

im so glad you didnt write lyle as a little bitch and yes i know thats very un-pc buts its true. not everyone is 6 foot 2 and fights everyone in sight that disrespects him and thats part of why this is a good story. another part is that he doesnt stay with that whore of a wife. i dont like how he puts up all the crap from her family, friends or even herself but again, some ppl just dont like confrontation. im glad he was man enough to leave her because not only was it the right thing to do but i just read her last goodbye story and it was so fucked up i wanted to scream. it was well written but had one of the fucking worst endings i have ever read or watched. i knew it was coming but it still blew away reading the shit that was the ending. because lets be fair, it seems this author has some deep seated issues of HATING men. i cant come up with any other reason of how she wrote the men in her stories. sure, the guy here left the bitch, but the family and friends were all bastards, then there is her two other stories. for instance, for all the every shit the wife did in the last goodbye, she supposedly still loves him and would love nothing more than to get back together and the husband feels the same. but whats fucked up is that shes sorry he was hurt but not sorry in slightest about what she did. and trust me, she did some evil ass shit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
loves Lyle, but...

She has this rationalization for this consistent cheating, 4 years! Bobby can screw her to her staisfaction, maybe she'll find more for him

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
fairy tale

another fairy tale you have to be a woman to read this crap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Very good

This was well written please right more what happens next?

sheridan8000sheridan8000almost 14 years ago
the end?

is really the end of story?

or will be a second part?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Excellent start

I went back to read this after reading your new one. You have the innate ability to write a good story. Please keep submitting. Thanks.

LakesLakesalmost 14 years ago
Wonderful story that delves deeply into hearts of the main characters

And your readers!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
clarity indeed

she grew up in a world of hands on/rough family and friends. Lyle was the opposite and she was attracted to these new and different feelings. Love, probably. Deep loven no. She just went back to her roots. when these feelings faded. That was shown in her contempt for her husband. She may regret later, but will most likely just settle for what she was used to and seem to appreciate more. Good ending. Absolutely amazing story.

ChagrinedChagrinedalmost 14 years ago
Great Stuff!

Nothing much to say except; Superlative work and craftsmanship!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Bravo

I had to read a Moment of Clarity 5 or six times.

At first I was distracted by the unconventional structure.

After the fourth read, I tried to finish for myself the lose ends.

After the fifth read, I found there wasn't any loose ends. Everything was there. Past present and future. All one had to see was that these marvelously self aware characters were seeing the truth from there perspective.

Every "throw away" line or bit in that story needed to be read. It was perfect.

And it was indeed in it's own way, a "Torch the bitch" story. He lives a happily fulfilled life ever after. She is doomed to a life of a Trailer Trash bitch, never finding love again.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 14 years ago
The author has a way of really making his character get in your head

The most recognized feeling I have after reading this fine story is sorrow.

Even if i rationalize that the characters and may be and most probably are fictional, it still gives me a lump in the throat.

Well done !!!

Thanks for the fine read.

bartolobartoloalmost 14 years ago
DQS, you reworked and polished this story ...........

since I first read it. previously it was a somewhat disorganized and significantly longer. It reads much clearer now. This story in many ways parallels WWWM. As with WWWM, this story is in my view not yet finished.

A rather minor point - but I am unsure, as I was after first reading it, whether the children are, in fact, his, or if Bobbies is their biological father. From the way in which you present Diane, I would not put it past her to have had children to Bobbie boy and her not passing this information on to her husband But then, Lyle didn't ask her if the children were his. So to me there is still an open question. Moreover, you did not explain clearly why Diane married Lyle in the first place. She was in love with him presumably then but not now? What contributed toward making her not be in love with Lyle at present? For me, there remain questions still unanswered.

I would continue the story. And I'd suggest having Lyle go north to Massachusetts but still be in contact with both the children and Diana.

morris53morris53almost 14 years ago
Great!

One of the best stories that I have read in a very long time. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Very Good Story!

Thanks for sharing! I wonder if Bill in "When we were married" will get to make as clean of a break from Debbie as Lyle gets to make from Diane here? Ohio, USA

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
please continue the story

I am exited the best first story you write. In my view you can continue the story with another chapter. But in your story why don’t you do Lyle record on the tape Bobby forced confess about his past story concerning sexual relation with his wife 4 years and his wife told about her relation with Bobby that night.

The best case that ruined there marriage is, Lyle hear about the relation of his adultery wife and that bastard.

Therefore Lyle copy the records and give for her best brother Dave, sister Kelly and Father and Mother Richard and Ricki . You know that her father told Lyle that she loved him and the respectful person of that family. Her family must know the secret about Richard and Ricki split of asset that she told for that bastard Bobby in the adultery bed.

A moment of clarity? after Lyle leave the house. She may continue with Bobby or quit the relation or bobby may found another girl . She may remarry Lyle by the help of sex therapist and so on. Any how you can continue the story. Why don’t. You know………….

ADDIS ABEBE

From Ethiopia

Addisu150@yahoo.com

adabtd@gmail.com

devildog26devildog26over 13 years ago
Tightly Constructed

Really enjoyed this story. For a neophyte it was amazing. I have to assume you've written for other venues in the past.

Some stories require a continuation. This seems to be one of them. Lyle is a very interesting character. What happened the next day? Did he score at the college? How did Diane treat the separation/divorce? Lots of loose ends could use a resolution.

Thanks for the entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
good ending

All that needed to be said and done, was. SHe can ...do whatever works for her.

skipperrskipperrover 13 years ago
Great story

Great story! Although one of the saddest on this sight.

BillPorterBillPorterover 13 years ago
Pencil Dick

I enjoyed your story,always beware of the quiet ones. When they get pushed too far, somethings snap and they become roaring lions. He was right,if only she had, only said those words. There should have been another chapter, if only to show the family her true colours.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good for him

Like her brother said, she is going to be one of those sad women that marry repeatedly until she becomes stewed in her own bitterness. Her parents will leave her money and the man will bleed her dry and dump her for a newer model.

Lyle will endure and come out on top. He didn't have to do a public showdown to prove his masculinity, he did what he had to do and walked away with dignity. Would love to get a second chapter to see how everyone faired.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Write on BIG MAN.

Finally a story worth reading. THANK YOU!!!

jiminabjiminabover 13 years ago
What more to say

Nothing . Everyone ahead of me has said it all. Top marks from me too. BUT....alas there is always a "but". I think you have stirred up more words in comments than were in the story itself. That means that there were a lot of people interested in your story. Good or bad; a comment means that someone feels a strong enough reaction to your story that they want to be heard. And you have done that in spades. Well done. Jim

whyknow47Bwhyknow47Bover 13 years ago
The Best

Though I am enjoying "When We Were Married", this story may be the very best I have read this year. Very enjoyable, well planned, good characters with archetypical personalities. Writing at it's best.

Thank you. More like this please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
A very fine read.

Very fine indeed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Excellent Story

Outstanding piece. Not your typical whack off material found here, but excellent writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Brilliant writing.

Beautifully done. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
a possible follow up.

this story begs for a follow up. did she end up with bobby? did they get back together? did the family intervene to try to help them? did she actually end up hating bobby for spilling the beans? so many ways it could go. i know it's been almost a year since it was originally posted, but maybe you could look into it again. i don't think i'm alone with this request.

ps: i'm really enjoying "when we were married."

Frank,

Long Island, NY

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great Writing!!!

Good story, why not give it a few twist and turns and keep it going??

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAabout 13 years ago
Great work!

I hope after you finish WWWM, that you consider re-visiting these folks to see what happens to them.

CaboloverCaboloverabout 13 years ago
Fantastic writing.

Really begs to to be continued. Does he go to the hospital to be checked. Does he go to her dad to say thanks for caring about him and does her dad finally realize he kicked Bobby's ass. So he is not a wimp but much more than just a touch guy but gains her fathers respect. Does Lyle find a new love? Does Diane finally find what she wants after seeing a Dr and does she go with bobby or does she decide to go after lyle before its to late. Does she find out she is pregnant and who's the father? how does Diane's family react to her and to Lyle? Does he take the high road and she take the low road? Does she tell the family the truth or does Lyle? Does she finally realize Lyle is much more than Bobby and She wants her husband back What will she do . What will the family do and what will her friends say and do. Does she go to work. move? does Lyle move? What happens to his relationship with is two sons? Does he go for custody.

Please continue. it begs it! Great job

Keep up the great work with WWWM. Would love to talk to you about WWWM.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
My second reading..

Seems even better..like a fine wine.

Thanks,

Commentor #137

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Author! Author!...

Doesn't get much better than this. I want to say you're too good to be writing for LIT, but I really wouldn't want you to stop either. Quite a talent. Thanks!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
This is really outstanding!

Should of been a sequel.

bartolobartoloabout 13 years ago
A re-eard this story over after more than a year

The story is good but in my opinion it's not great. DQS's WWWM and Separate Vacations are great stories, and this makes me ask if DQS more of a history of writing that is not recognized.

Above all, the story needs a continuation. A play with with terms "I love you" and "I am in love with you" is insufficient for divorce. The fact that she is cheating on him when he's out of town is most probably not sufficient grounds for divorce either given that Diane and Bobby had a history together prior to her being marriage. Finally, Bobby's great sexual abilities and techniques, and her husband lack thereof, is definitely not grounds for divorced. Actually all 3 of these reason I don't think warrant divorce especially given that it would affect two young children.

I assume that Diane was truly in love with him when she married him. If not, DQS doesn't mentioned anything about this. And I forgot to ask, but are his two sons genetically his? The thought had occurred to me that they may be Bobby's. I wonder if that is on the husband's mind.

justplainjoejustplainjoeabout 13 years ago
Really not as great as commentators claim.

Husband is "gutted." Betraying wife basically gets off scott-free. I do believe this author, while reasonably good, is not great and does not have the ability to drive home the finish of a story with "fire." Perhaps a sequel where he gets some justice when improve this story..but, as is, misses the mark.

DunaDunaalmost 13 years ago

Dear author a good cheating wife story demands carry on for 10 years after divorce. I think it would be an excellent story, however it would have been the first chapter in a 5-7 chapters sequel.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Wonderful

A real story for once. Others have come close; like other good authors such as Ohio, Britease, HDK, Selstim and etc. You are the best so far. Other writers or commenters have already praised your work enough so I won't strain to to do. I know I am late reading this again, but the second time around allows me to appreciate it even more. You are doing it again with "When we were Married," yet, you are continuing the plot in that one. I would love for you to come back and do an epilogue on this one as someone else suggested. I disagree with the first few commenters that didn't think much of it. I too just thought it different the first time I read it last year. The more one reads this the more we realize how good it was. I have read so many others I have a base for comparison now. Too, some of us have come to realize that we fit the model of mis-matched husband and wife even though we continued on in our marriage...raising children and being a family without much great sex. All these years I have felt inadequate when I didn't with my first wife or other women. My wife hasn't cheated on me that I know of, I have just thought she had no desire for sex after the first few years and the birth of our dhildren. This is why I read these stories. It allows me to understand some of the "Whys" to sexual problems in marriage. thank you belatedly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
You are right low class trash do act that way towards women

and low class southern women do act that way. Trouble was he wasnt low class, he wasnt trash, and he was one hell of a lot more mature than the assholes of the story. The only real person in the story besides the main character had a few lines, her brother.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Excellent story! I rated it 5*****s.

The courts will favor her (a woman) in the divorce. She will get custody, the house, and child support. However, he will retain most of his income so he will be okay.

He is 34, young enough for man to be desirable. After the divorce, he will marry someone about 25; that is, younger and prettier that is ready to settle down with a good dependable provider. Therefore, except for not living with his young sons, he will be at least as well off and perhaps better off.

However, she is in her early 30s so she will not do as well. She could marry Bobby; however, other than sex, he is not what she wants and she know it. At her age, there is no way she can attract the guys she could have had at 18 to 25 when she was very pretty and in her prime because they are all seeking someone younger and prettier.

She is going to have to settle for a guy in his forties or younger guys that she would have thrown rocks at when she was 20 and very desirable. Those will be her best choice.

However, she is going to be coming into money from her parents estate. That will make her very desirable to a young sexy good looking stud about 5 years younger. That will not be a good choice because she will be IN LOVE and women in love are poor judges of character and have poor judgment regarding money. Therefore, most of the assets she receives from her parents estate will be co-mingled. When that happens, her young stud will start cheating with young pretty women and either he or her will file for divorce and he will get half of money. That will leave her lonely and very bitter.

YamiBoyYamiBoyover 12 years ago
^__^

Great story. Very sad, but a great one. Nice work! ^__^

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Hey, DWmoroncuck!

Who gives a fuck about your opinion!

Faggot. (Insult intended)

Story was brilliant, and I'm breaking with my tradition of rating stories against DWmoronbreath by awarding this story with 5*****'s as well.

chess1972chess1972over 12 years ago
Wow

Not sure why it took me so long to try one of your stories. This one really stands out in the often formulaic universe of Loving Wives stories. Well written and composed. Thank you.

roscovichroscovichover 12 years ago
How wonderful !

Just... Incomparably... wonderful.

Thank you Mr Steele.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Damn!

dam good stuff. a 5 star drama.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
the story was ok, the characters were simply not real

the woman of the story is nothing more than trailer park trash who married way out of her league.

jasonnhjasonnhover 12 years ago
Second read

Story was still great. The comments, as usual add another dimension.

First, although the two are from very different backgrounds I don't see the clash between Lyle and Diane as being part of that, not really. Lyle is not putting any of Diane's family down. Diane's father and brother both like Lyle. If he was arrogant and dismissive, that would not be true. Lyle is not one of them and most of the people, like Bobby, that dislike him do so because he is different. Lyle is not a guy to get drunk and get into fights. It's not his way. When he sees Diane's friends doing it he doesn't seem snooty about it, it's just not a useful thing in his mind. In addition, Diane doesn't seem to be putting Lyle down for being an academic. I think it was Ohio that asked how he could put up with this for 8 years. I'll bet it wasn't 8 years. Diane's issue is all about passionate sex and the inability to control her desires. That has nothing to do with her background. It's a loving wife's standard failing. Although the story doesn't spell it out, I'll bet her poor treatment of Lyle began after she started cheating 4 years ago. Why? It's simple human nature. When you cheat someone you can't help but think less of them because you put something over on them. Further, she was in a situation trying to remain a wife yet regularly fucking someone else. There must have been guilt over that and the best way to rid yourself of guilt is to blame someone else. It's Lyle's fault because he is an inadequate lover. She has to think less of him because she blames him. She apparently had other lovers besides Lyle and Bobby but Bobby is the only one that rings her chimes. It's not Lyle's academic background that's the problem, it's his lovemaking and her lack of control. The academic/hick aspect is just the setting of the story and brings an additional dimension.

I don't think more is needed but I don't know for sure what an ending might be. Some suggested that Diane returns to the hicks, After 8 years living with someone who respected her and included her is she really going to get married to a "Bobby"? I rather doubt it. If she only has a choice of the local "talent" she may end up very disappointed. Bobby could sure keep her sexually satisfied. Is that enough for her? What does she have to attract another Lyle but with a bigger dick? Or can't academics can't have big dicks?

As for Lyle, he needs someone he can love like he loved Diane. He has a range of students and even some professors that he can shag. Having felt love for Diane, he will know what to wait for. Having seen what Diane's weakness was, he knows what to watch out for. Frankly, I don't think most women are going to throw their loves away just for a big dick. If their husband loves them and is doing a reasonable job in the bedroom they are going to be OK. I'm not saying that a woman might not prefer a bigger dick, or even occasionally crave one. Just that she isn't going to blow up her life to get one. Lyle will probably do OK.

Here's a question to ask. How many people get married to the person who was their best sex partner? I would speculate that a person that meets their other requirements AND is stellar in bed AND wants to marry them as well is a rare combination. That would mean that we end up marrying a good person who is "good enough" in bed. True?

Yuri5Yuri5over 12 years ago
Good story

Could respect the man.

And the wife is a bitch.

If she wasn't happy in bed,

then she shouldn't have gone

and cheated with her old

beau. She should have taken

her hubby to sex lessons.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Good Story

The Yankee from New England should have realized early on that he couldn't compete with the redneck crowd ( no insult intended) and took her back to Massachusetts. His moment of clarity should have happened years sooner. Still, it was a good tale and Diane learned a life lesson:

Cheaters never win

Consequences abound.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
good story,but you're too easy on the cheating wives.

all your stories you let the whores off.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Great Story

What was the errand Lyle had to run? Sure would like foryou to take

This story further.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
How do you forgive a woman who is your entire life when she's giving her body and probably her love to another man?

You don't.

You leave and get on with your life.

BTTapBTTapabout 12 years ago
Another read

This is a great story. So well written, full of emotion, and also mental clarity. Also great to see the wronged husband (not to mention the underdog) get physical revenge. Something cathartic about it.

I think the "great lover" angle is overplayed and overstated in stories. No doubt, some people are better lovers than others. My wife will tell her close friends that I'm a lot better than when we first got together. If you are interested, and are willing to listen and learn, you can improve in a lot of areas. What you lose in frequency you often make up for in stamina as you get older (at least for me). But, reduction of quality of sex or poor sex usually is the result of not putting in the effort (including reading the signs/listening to your partner) or not having the emotional connection which is what makes average sex good and good sex great.

In this story, and many others in LW, the wife is inexplicably a sexual wildcat with one man, yet unresponsive and bored with another-the one she supposedly loves. If a woman is highly sexual, she can get her bells rung with a man, even if he is not particularly endowed or skilled, espcially if the emotional connection is there. Maybe not as much as she might with a more skilled lover, but the drop-off shouldn't be too great.

What the author suggests in this story, is that the problem is only, at most, partially the result of Bobby being a better skilled/endowed lover. Rather, the real problem is that, despite the wife's choice of Lyle as her husband, she is not really "in love" with him. She is physically attracted to him, she is (or was) in awe of him, she respects (respected) him, she enjoys his company, and sees him as the kind of husband and father she wants in her family. But, she isn't ga-ga over him the way a wife should be (at least at first-though that can cool off). So, the sexual chimes never really rang for her. It had little to do with Lyle's prowess as a lover, and everything to do with her being in deep, romantic love, sexual love, with Bobby. That Bobby was not the kind of guy that she actually wanted for a husband and father to her children is just a tragedy for her.

Great, original story.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
I Reread This One Because I Remember Not Liking It

But I usually enjoy your work. I read through 3/4 of this story thinking myself the fool, when you offered her repeated adultery because her husband seemed less interesting in bed than some old boyfriend; who would be sure to share her indiscretions with her entire family. OH YEAH, I remember now. What a disappointing twist to what had been a terrific story.

rixelsrixelsalmost 12 years ago
Fireworks

Another great story. It always makes me wonder why a wife wouldn't just tell, or give hints to her husband to show him what she likes. Why wouldn't the husband ask, "Do you like it better when I lick you here or over here? Faster or slower? Nibbles? Motorboat?". "What we have here.... is a failure to communicate."

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 12 years ago
SO powerful

I so want to read more about how that goes - how she deals with her family when they learn what really happened - how she deals with her children - how she treats Mr Fireworks when she has to reconcile his beating with her destroyed marriage and the shame she has to live with, who does she go to for her sex fix now??

Damn!!

newtinmplsnewtinmplsalmost 12 years ago
When lover boy says 'she should have married me'

Saddest and best part of the whole story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
A query

Is it only in Loving Wives story section that spouses throw away their marriages, bust up their families dnd destroy their spouses love because sex with someone else is superior (if only slightly) ? It seems to me like the sexual aspect of almost all these stories that I have read on this site is highly over rated. Marriage and family have intrinsic qualties that far out weigh in importance the quality of sex. Anyone of any maturity knows that sex between two loving people is highly perferable to just sex experiences with other people. The wife is very difficult to understand she committs adultery offf and on for over 4 years and then when it finally blows up in her face she has the balls to suggest sexual counselling. Where the hell was this incredible insight over 4 years earlier ?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Funny

This is one of the most realistic stories on this site and yet someone made the comment that only on Literotica do marriages end because of sex. Wow, what world do they live in. Women are complicated creatures. They have many needs they want met. Some put emphasis on security, home and family and others want that but also want to continue to get the attention and sex they had when they were single. Almost impossible to have both but some women do try.

I was married to just such a woman. She was grateful to me and loved me in her own way because I gave her financial security, a nice house and was a good father to my child and one she already had. It's just that she didn't love all of that enough to deny herself her other more powerful love which was her first boyfriend who had taken her virginity and she had never stopped loving.

Of course he was a drug addict who didn't want any children and worked for an hourly wage so he wasn't husband material. But more than adequate to party with while I stayed home and watched the kids. Yes, it really does happen in real life.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 11 years ago
Women ARE NOT Complicated Creatures

They are immature children emotionally...despite all of the movies that try to illustrate otherwise. Sex is rarely a determining factor in their relationships, including the one in this story. She could have just purchased a gross of vibrators, but it was more important that she disrespect & humiliate her husband; again, not really about sex at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
There will be another moment of clariy....

Diane will end up with Bobby, no doubt. She will get the best fuck she always wanted. It was exciting because she couldn't get it, but the excitement will eventually wear out. After getting the same thing twenty, thirty years, best thing turns bland. Intellectually Bobby would be like a morone compared to Lyle. They say he biggest sex organ is the brain, and Bobby would be brain dead.

When their children grow up, go to universities in big cities with their eyes opened up, they will realize what their mother did to their their father and what the true meaning of a family and love and how their mother tore the family apart.

Diane's father and brther will eventually accept Bobby as Diane's companion, but they certinly did not think Diane was right. So, her family will tolerate Bobby, but recognize him as a bully, nonetheless.

Lyle could be successful, becoming well respected twenty, thirty years down the road. Diane might stll have lingering thoughts about Lyle and inevitably interferes her relationship with Bobby. Bobby might get angry and even possibly beat her up.

So, twenty or thirty years later, Diane takes a look of her life and what she has lost, will come her moment of clarity.

Sad.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
It's Amazing How A Great Story ( Like This ) Can Piss You Off !

I read this & the first impulse is to want to burn the proverbial bitch ! Yet on 2nd thought I assign HIM a healthy portion of the blame. He's a good man but SOFT & didn't watch out for when the inevitable when you have a woman who's cold-fishing it in bed.

Then I think how when you are in love especially with a beautiful woman who for the most part keeps up a good front. You are blind to the warning signs . Then I'm confused & PISSED at the author who has set off this maelstrom of conflicting thoughts . But there's a part of you that says only great writers can create this cognitive dissonance . Arghhh

Its akin to fusion . A inert story causing a nigh-violent reaction by breaking down & revamping basic elements. The axioms refuse to apply. Nothing can be assumed but the absolute is that nothing is ever going to be quite the way it was. Which is how the story ( & this comment ) ends .

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Read Again

Lyle gave up his wife. I won't say lost because she still wanted to be married to him. If she tried to correct the problems she felt they had they might have worked out. However, her solution was to fuck her old boyfriend. Not smart.

I'd like to see a sequel. I believe it would be an interesting tale if told right.

carvohicarvohiover 11 years ago
Liked this a lot

This was a good story though I felt it was incomplete. I voted it a five. It was tightly written, well worded, and I noticed no mistakes. I've sent you an e-mail. Respond if you're inclined. Carvohi

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it!

"The fact that she didn't love me the way I loved her didn't mean there was no love there. Just not enough."

In addition to great stories that always tug at the heart, you demonstrate incredible insight. That's what I want in a great story. You always deliver.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Read it again

This is still one of best stories on this site. A moment of clarity indeed. As previous posted mention perhaps she will have her "moment of clarity" later on and it will be no more pleasant that his was.

Tightly written, cleverly laid out, and tough to read, because we all like happy endings and this one had no way to become a happy ending. Nicely done.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

what kind of cuckie wanna be would say, after ths was fucking the guy for 4 years, that there is a chance. no fcking way. he walked away and out of her life and now she can be a slut.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good Story

Thank you for letting the non-violent professor beat up the asshole redneck. Sure, may be that is where the fantasy comes in, but for me it helped make this story a complete tale. He was right, if the love isn't the same two-ways, then it IS better to end the marriage and move on. Thanks for good writing, and a complete story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Hard to read.

Reading this particular story just hurts me. It brings up all the regrets I have for ever falling in love with her. Wishing that I had been somewhere else when she came into my life... or doing something else, or somehow able to see that she was full of shit. If only I hadn't believed her BS promises of love and faithfulness. She was completely incapable of keeping any faith like that. But they are so damned full of it they even lie to themselves, that's how they get you to believe them. They don't even know the depths of their own dishonesty. But nonetheless... she ultimately confirmed it to me through many years of heartache... they are all selfish, deceitful, lying cunts. If only I'd never met her. As for this story... the protagonist was a damned fool for not smashing his enemy's equipment, so it never worked again. I would have.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
A Slut Once Bread will Always find a Bed

The stupid Bitch as with most women just think vows are for speaking and playing in their little emotional gray areas they like to create. Good riddance to the Slut. She is destined like most cheaters to lots of sex and a lonely life. Very good story.

PeachyWifePeachyWifeover 10 years ago
One of the Best

This is one of the toughest stories to read. So much harsh emotion. Damn fine writing.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 10 years ago
A hard story to read, but a good 5* one

Damn. Hard and truthful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
five stars will have to do.......

While this story left me sad, getting there was a real ride!

Characters were engaging and well written, the scenes pretty well laid out, almost like a place you'd been....hmmm perhaps you're writing from experience.

I hope not. I wouldn't wish that kind of crap on anyone.

I also agree with several other commenters that you need a sequel.

In the end, I think Dad got it right.

He'll move on pretty quick, in spite of what he says in the narration about the only woman he'll ever love.

She wasn't worthy of his love. Like so many narcissistic people, her own urges and wants were far more important to her than her 'love' for her husband.

The only way through that is out.

But you left some unfinished threads that need tied up. The boyfriend is of a type and he'll go huntin' sooner or later.

looking4itlooking4itover 10 years ago

Every time it read this her actions (and honestly the whole family) just pisses me off to no end. Good story but ghee subject and characters are disturbing.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#3 BIRDS OF A FEATHER AND REDNECKS

even when the carpet baggers arrive. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
trend

DANIEL, All your females are nothing but whores....Even Mrs. Bascomb got off seeing Belkers hard on.......sluts, one and all.

PapaGusPapaGusover 10 years ago
Y'all don't know country folk

go to any redneck community.....pretty much sums up the whys and wherefores of this tale.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Too much credit

You give too much credit to your characters. She is just a selfish tramp, and he was an idiot to marry into another culture. College professors don't go marrying blue collar women for a reason, nothing in common. She did not respect his life choices, and in turn did not respect him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
sad

You know how to make a guy truly depressed.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Great

He did what he had to do. She cheated for four years and totally disrespected him. If he stayed he would have been a worthless wimp sissy cuck. But no. He was a man. A real man. Cut his losses and moved on. Excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
why do you

write????????????????

phil2213phil2213about 10 years ago
Blockbuster writing; you're extremely talented.

There was some repetition in the story otherwise it was phenomenal. Thank you and please continue writing; you are fabulous!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Follow Up Please

I would like you to write a follow up where he meets, marries and has children with his perfect mate. Show her ending up in the gutter and disowned by her family and custody going to the father. SHE DOESN'T DESERVE TO GET OFF SCOTT FREE, and HE DESERVE A HAPPY ENDING!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Damn

Now, that was a really a good no a great emotional story, thanks for sharing....bill

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
There really should of been a followup.

While this tale is excellent, it leaves everything hanging. Like it or not, Bobby won and he lost. Earlier comment is correct She should of ended up marrying Bobby, living in a dilapidated trailer with six dirty face kids being dragged around while Bobby whores around. Meanwhile he becomes the Dean of his department, marries an incredibly beautiful heiress who truly loves him and gives him twin daughters and a son (all of who excel in life) and who all dole on their father.

duncmiesterduncmiesteralmost 10 years ago
no need

Leave the story as is, with our imaginations. I can think of a few different endings,but I'd like to very them in my head as the mood suits me. I love your stories they leave me pondering life's solutions. Thanx

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
Great

Would be nice to see what happens in the future, but it's fine as is. 5 *****

cap5356cap5356over 9 years ago
story

great story shows how sometimes it is better to look at things as they really are and not the way you believe them to be

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
The Right Thing

It hurts now, but he did the right thing.

Even forgetting the sex, as difficult as that is to do, her degrading attitude is the kiss of death.

She complains that she doesn't need him "rescuing" her - she shouldn't be in a position where he feels he NEEDS to rescue her! When Bobby gets out of line (of course, knowing what we know now, it wasn't really out of line!), SHE should have been slapping his face.

And she marries Lyle at least partly because he ISN'T like the other guys, then gets upset that he doesn't fight for her like they would. Lyle shouldn't have to get his lights punched out because she can't keep other guys at arm's length.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
OK

KILL THE BITCH

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
HOW CAN ONE MAN BE A HUMILATED CUCKOLD

and walk away with head held high. TK U MLJ LV NV

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
good story

the mechanics were great, worked well. situation wise, everyone has there own parameters as to what will work in a marriage, regardless of what other people think. I think that at some point hubby might want to do a DNA check of his kids, and give her back to bobby. at least he'll be able to move on.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Damn

Read it again. This is one of those tales that you pick up something different every time it's read. In the end she basically gets off scott free. She slutted around with her ex and our hero had no clue. I believe a sequel will show the outcome of her actions and follow both their lives and how they move forward.

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 9 years ago
Second reading of this

And it got me wondering why is she crying? She is rid of a man she neither loves nor respects. She can now be with loverboy even more openly than she has been. She has the house, the car and the the kids. She will get child support, probably alimony and part of his pension.

This night was a win win for her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Part II, please?

This is a story that just begs for a part two.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Encore

We want an encore. BTB or put'em together. You are capable of doing. PLEASE. Do I have to start a gofundme or a kick starter. Cause I'll do it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous