Monica, Simon and Katie Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Will you join me in a cup of tea?" I asked.

"I'd love one," she replied, ever cheerful.

We were sitting comfortably in the living room for a change. I think she could tell I had something on my mind and was a little apprehensive.

"About yesterday..." I started.

"Oh, Monica," she broke in. "I don't know what got into me. I didn't mean to..."

I held up my hand like a traffic cop and tried to reassure her with a smile.

"Whatever it was got into me too," I said still smiling. She smiled back and I think she was somewhat reassured.

I stalled for a moment then started a little unsteadily.

"You are obviously a very loving person, Katie." Pause. "And I'm obviously married. Happily, I might add." Pause. "My experience with women is limited to a brief fling years ago before I met Simon." Pause. "But I enjoyed our little encounter yesterday and it made me wonder about you. I really don't know much about your life outside of our household and..."

"Well, there's really not that much to tell," she started. "I was born and raised right here in Springfield. Or the suburbs anyway. I'm an only child. My mom and dad are great. Very supportive. I did ok in high school but since I wasn't very sure of a career path, community college seems like a good idea for now. I can transfer when I settle on a major. I'm thinking of physical therapy or maybe dance."

"I can see the dilemma," I said.

"Living at home was ok but I felt the need for a little independence and a shorter commute. I met a girl in English class and we hit it off. We recently got a place together and it's working out great."

"And now," she continued, "with this job, with you and Simon and Teddy, I feel like I'm on easy street!"

Her expression shifted a little and she said, "If I don't screw it up with my impulsiveness like yesterday."

"That's kind of what I wanted to talk about..." I said.

"Oh, no..." she said fearfully.

"No, Katie, it's not bad," I said. "I felt like I was the impulsive one and that I might have come off as the older woman corrupting the fresh young coed."

She looked at me for a long moment, then said, "How old are you, Monica."

"28."

"Well, I would have guessed 25. Anyway, I had never even thought about any age difference."

"Good," I said, "That's a little better. But..."

"Am I gay?" Katie said with raised eyebrows and a look like she had me cornered. "Is that it?"

"Yes," I conceded, "I guess that is it."

"Monica, I don't think about it all that much but if I had to declare, I'd have to check the box: 'Bi'."

"I'm starting to wonder if I need to check that box too," I said. "How has it worked out for you?"

She took a sip of her tea, looked thoughtful and earnest as she started, "Well, my folks were quite open about sex so I didn't absorb much in the way of taboos. High school was pretty normal with dating and all. I had a few boyfriends, one pretty steady.

"After I turned 18 and started college, I got a little more worldly. I saw girls who were obviously together and really noticed them for the first time. Then I was 'bicurious'. I became open to the idea of being with a girl and it just happened. I was in line at the cafeteria one day and this cute girl was right in front of me. We started talking and since we were both alone and I was new at the school, we sat together and had lunch.

"She was a little older and more experienced than I was but it seemed we shared some meaningful glances over our chicken salad. We agreed to go to a play that weekend, a campus production we both wondered about. During the play, she took my hand. I squeezed her hand back and that was it. She had her own place and we went there after the show."

Watching Katie's unfocussed gaze as she spoke, I got the impression this was the first time she had recounted this sequence of events.

She went on, "She showed me the ways of sapphic love and through her, I met quite a variety of gay women. I found it quite exciting at first but I also found myself attracted to boys. Then I ran into an old boyfriend from high school. Malcolm.

What a cliché. We had dinner at a dive café then went in his mom's van up on the ridge overlooking town. We carefully poured Jack Daniels into our Coke bottles and watched the sun go down as we reminisced. We climbed into the back of the van and by next morning I decided I was 'bi'.

"My 'girlfriend' transferred away to a four-year college. We still are close and have a special bond but she's engaged to a tech entrepreneur and I don't see her too often."

"Do you have a boyfriend or girlfriend now?" I asked.

"Well, there's still Malcolm. We were hot and heavy in high school but now it's more friends with benefits. He works in his dad's printing business so he's around. We'll call each other whenever we are at loose ends.

"My roommate, now that's a different story. I find her attractive but I'm not sure she gets it. I'll just be as friendly as I naturally can and see what happens..."

We were each lost in our own thoughts for a moment.

Then she said, "But Monica, what about you? What was that 'fling' from years ago?"

It was my turn to sip some tea and think for a minute.

"So, I was going with this guy in high school. We thought it was serious at the time. I did go away to college and he didn't. He got weird about it. He became very jealous and mistrustful of me. That turned me off and the relationship ended. Rather badly.

"I was mad at him but I had a hole in my life, too. I went to a freshman mixer at college. The other girls at my dorm all had something going on so I went alone. I felt a little desperate and got a little drunk. There was Anya. She was all light and bubbly and not depressed. The opposite of me at the time. She was a little older, tall like me, not really beautiful but she had more self-confidence and a winning smile.

"She had her own apartment just off campus. We went there that night. We smoked a little weed, which was definitely not a habit of mine but by then I'd forgotten all about whatshisname."

Katie laughed.

"Anya 'comforted' me and I found it very welcome. At the time, the caressing, the kissing, the snuggling all seemed so natural that I didn't react. In the sober light of the next day, I had to ask myself, 'What was that?!' But I found myself wanting more. For some reason, I was just ready for some girl-love. We had many hot and horny times at that apartment of hers. She enjoyed showing me the ropes, so to speak. And I was a willing pupil. For a few months there, we were a couple.

"Then, one day Anya showed me the ropes for real. I wasn't into bondage and it became apparent that that's where she wanted to go.

"Things cooled after that. Also, I met a guy -- also in English class, I might add."

We laughed.

"I guess I knew how to date guys so I did. It was some relief that I found I was perfectly happy to have sex with guys. I went on to have a series of relationships with guys till I met Simon senior year.

"Did I ever wish for some girly action? Yes, I did. But I was busy and satisfied with guys and anyway, I didn't know how to go find a lesbian even if I had wanted to. The opportunity just never came up. Until yesterday."

We said nothing. We gazed at each other intently. I don't know who moved first but we rose at the same time, crossed the few feet between us and embraced. We just hugged each other tight. I closed my eyes. I sensed her breathing, her heartbeat, her aliveness. The clean smell of her hair.

I don't know how long we stayed like that but there was a sound from down the hall.

"Kay-tee?" said Teddy.

"Be right there," Katie answered in a raised voice.

We broke the embrace but kept holding each other's hands.

"I'm glad we had this little talk," I said.

She smiled and said, "I really don't want to screw this up, Monica."

"Neither do I," I responded.

Hesitantly, she asked, "So where is Simon in all this?"

"I have to admit to kissing and telling," I said. "I hope you don't mind but I have kept him apprised of your 'job performance' and he seems quite satisfied with your 'progress' so far."

"He sounds like a very benevolent master of the house."

We grinned at each other.

"Oh, he is. And I can tell you, a little spice has been added to our sex life."

"Well, if I had anything to do with it, I'm happy to help."

Still holding hands, we leaned in for an unhurried kiss.

"Kay-tee!" came from down the hall.