All Comments on 'Moonlight'

by patricia51

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
Kanga40Kanga40about 20 years ago
Nicely written

and I sort of liked the story.

BUT it asks many questions and it answers none.

Why does almost every author consider a wife/mother's life is so humdrum??

the Troubadorthe Troubadorabout 20 years ago
A waking dream

Wonderful, Patti. The movement of language in your sentences is masterful, giving the wanted otherworldly, other language feel. The moral strength to give up something as magical for her created ties to those she loves and those she helped create.

No questions here. A tale complete in a summers night.

Doug

noone269noone269about 20 years ago
Exceelent story Patricia51!

The only thing I didn't like was the description of a wife and mother's life as humdrum. Alot of women are perfectly happy to be just that. It's an endeavor that can never receive enough praise.

Captain MidnightCaptain Midnightabout 20 years ago
Nice!

This is far softer than most erotic stories, which makes it very different in tone and a very good read. It sort of reads like a romance novel (I say "sort of" because I'm not very familiar with romance novels), but it plays up the narrator's devotion to her husband and children as people, while letting her share her spirit with the woman from the breakers (that's the name I'd give her). Nicely written, too!

maxioogeemaxioogeeabout 20 years ago
Lovely story, well written

Congratulations on the story. Marvellously thought out and related. Don't worry about the objections to 'humdrum', maybe they haven't looked up the dictionary recently, but you use it correctly. Most lives are humdrum.

TabooTellerTabooTelleralmost 20 years ago
Wow

Without reading any other comments I say that this may be Patricia's best work. That is saying something. The description of the beach and how the woman was feeling was just right, even I a man, could get into it. I love this story it is now among my top five LE stories.

Patricia's use of flashback was placed just right and used right. This is a good example of how to write a story as well as being erotic and a good tale too. I want to write my own version. Problem is it would be too much like hers even if I have a sequel already in mind. :)

After all that I will say there is one little thing that I would have apperciated. Was this the first time the woman had sex with another woman? That's a very small detail and its lack in no way ruins the story, but it could have made it a touch more erotic if she never had a desire for woman before.

mismusedmismusedalmost 20 years ago
Fantastic

Fantastic story, fantastic writing.

mismused

doormousedoormousealmost 20 years ago
What a great story!!!!

Superbly written, but that just comes with the territory when I read your stories Patricia.

Great story line, and you portrayed the emotions and atmosphere perfectly.

Well done!! ;-)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous