All Comments on 'More Than Friendship Material Pt. 09'

by Story_Spinner

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
PallasAthena123PallasAthena123about 11 years ago
uggh

I was really offended by the first page, and skimmed through everything after Tammy's comment about dykes being worse than men.

With Mary and Hollie being fluid/bi in their sexuality, I thought you'd be pretty chill. Sure, all of your characters are conventionally attractive-- no one is plus-sized, scarred, hairy, or anything else contrary to the contemporary western aesthetic, but whatever. I'm used to that. It's erotica, everyone's super-model gorgeous.

When they walked into the gay bar, I wondered what sort of lesbians you'd depict. Myself, and all the women I know, present a varied rainbow of gender-presentation. A lot of us, myself included, go back and forth between femme and butch. I wondered, in your story, would we meet charming bull-dykes? handsome androgynes? more flirty lipstick lezzies? gender-queer hipsters? gorgeous dommes? adorable chix with multi-colored hair? completely average looking women in their 20s, 30s, 40s, and 50s?those are all real people you would really see if you really walked into a real gay bar.

No sooner did I finish the thought than, BAM! Big Bertha.

Yes. Women, including lesbians, can be sexual predators. But what did you have to include that for? And why did Tammy have to be so awful about butch women? It's completely uncalled for and completely hurtful.

Furthermore, Hollie and Mary's behavior toward Liz is problematic. They claim to be drawing her out of her shell, but they are just pushing her into sexual behavior she has shown little-to-no interest in, without discussing it with her, first. They aren't trying to get consent. I'm sure you're writing them as good friends who wouldn't push her if she said she wanted to stop. But that's not good consent. And the way you've written Liz, she wouldn't say stop until she way past her comfort zone. She lets other people take the lead, she doesn't initiate. And that's FINE. It's the cause for some complications and confusions in her personal life (chiefly, her not telling Todd how she feels for so long), but she's allowed to be that way, it doesn't mean something is wrong with her or needs to change. What it means is, not only are H & M not practicing good consent generally, they are being incredibly and deliberately ignorant of what they know Liz's personality to be. This hazing is not a healthy or friendly way to keep someone from filling a role instead of living their life.

Really, between the homophobia and the poor consent, I'm not sure I want to read this anymore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Should've Ended

Should've ended the story 2 chapters ago. I finished the series and after ch. 7, I was not impressed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
This story just became about cheating

Sorry this chapter is garbage

you turned what was a tolerable romance into trash and cheating. ALL three girls are now whores.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hated this chapter

I'm all for some girl on girl action. But I feel lile they hust keep on forcing her into situation where she's clearly uncomfortable regardless if she lile women as well or not. That's shitty friend material and I hate the cheating aspect of it. If Todd and Ben had been there maybe I would have thought differently. I'm going to skip the next chapter and hope that things come around again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Isn't it cheating?

Finally admitted their feelings to each other and the next thing you know is that her freinds are taking her out to a gay bar in some weird sorority shit?

All ingredients are there for cheating and her friends are normalizing it?

Cheating is cheating,doesn't matter if it's straight or gay.

Lions86Lions86over 2 years ago

i dont like this chapter at all and mary and hollie are not good friends. todd and liz finally get together and the first thing her "friends" do is force her to lez out and cheat on todd. this whole lesbian side to the story is so forced and only in there to pander to people. this isnt a romance story. a romance story would be about the relationship between todd and liz not about her horrible friends forcing her to admit her feelings for him by tricking the two of them and then forcing her to cheat on him.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I pretty much skipped this whole chapter. Friends don't force friends to engage in sexual scenarios they don't want.l, especially cheating. In a previous chapter Liz and Todd joke about sleeping with Hollie and they specifically agree any sharing would be with the other involved. They called it the Mary and Ben rule I think.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous