Mother Road

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ava took one look and shouted, "Mama, You look like a model!"

"She does indeed, Ava," I said, "and I'm the lucky guy who gets to take her to dinner." I offered my arm. "Madame, if you will permit me," I joked.

"I will indeed," she replied, wrapping her arm around mine. I walked her out to my RV, then abruptly went around it. Behind it, blocked from view, sat a new 10 seat Ford Transit passenger wagon. "What's THIS?" she exclaimed.

"Just a little something for this woman I know, to carry her family in style. I had the local dealer deliver it. I was able to pay cash. I got my annual bonus two months ago, it's been burning a hole in my bank account, so here we are!"

She shook her head in disbelief. "I don't know what to say!"

"Don't say anything! Just get in, and we'll go to dinner!"

Dinner at the Drake was fantastic, of course. She had the Chilean sea bass, I had the grilled sea scallops. I offered to get a bottle of champagne, but she opted for just orange juice. After dessert, while we were sipping coffee the moment was right; I went old-school and got down on one knee. Her eyes were wide, like she didn't believe what was happening.

"Laura Palermo, two weeks ago I left Chicago enroute to California. On the way, I made a detour, and suddenly my destination changed. I met you and your family, and I quickly realized I was right where I wanted to be." I held up the open box, the ring somehow shining bright in the dim lights of the restaurant. "I want to marry you and make your family OUR family." Her eyes were shiny with tears. "Also," I added, "please say yes you'll marry me because if you say no you won't, then everyone in the restaurant will laugh and point, and I'll be super embarrassed."

She took the ring and slipped it on her finger. I stood up, pulled her to her feet and kissed her. Just like in the movies, all the restaurant patrons and staff applauded.

We sat down, holding hands now, unable to take our eyes off each other. "Did you really think there was any way I was going to refuse you," she asked, "when, she counted out on her fingers, "one, you've made me feel like the sexiest woman in America; two, you've treated all my kids like they were your own since you walked in the door; or maybe three, every time you look at me, you make me melt with those puppy-dog eyes of yours?"

"Frankly, I was worried; you'd said you weren't sure if you wanted to get married again."

"You made me sure, darling."

"How did I do that?"

"You specifically asked Olivia for her blessing before you proposed to me. Do you know how special that made her feel? For the first time in her 16 years, she felt truly valued by an adult male. Then you showed you really meant it by telling her you wanted to be her father."

"Actually, I want to adopt all the children, if the family is OK with it."

"I understand, but Olivia was the one you went out of your way to ask. The icing on the cake was your promise to pay for her college, even if I said no to your proposal."

I was a little shocked. "Olivia told you that? It was supposed to be a secret!"

"What? Of course she told me you silly man, she's my oldest daughter and we have no secrets. The fact you offered without wanting me to know shows how much you genuinely care about my Olly. After all this, how could I not be crazy in love with you?" She pulled my hand up and kissed the back of it; my heart felt ready to burst with joy!

As we lingered over our coffee, I told Laura all about my plans for our future; how I'd already begun drafting some rough plans for an addition to the main house to add more bedrooms, because as they got older, the kids would need their own rooms. I also told her I'd be talking to my boss Monday about using Oklahoma as my home base. I could fly in and out of Will Rogers Airport just as easily as O'Hare, and I'd build an addition to the cabin to use as my home office when I wasn't travelling. Another big plus was I'd be adding the kids onto my company health plan coverage, so they'd be getting top-notch medical care coverage.

We paid the check and walked back out into the parking lot. We'd have made it a lot faster, but I had to stop and kiss my new fiancée every few feet (and also maybe squeeze her yummy ass) and remind her I loved her. You know, just in case she forgot during the long 60 foot walk back to the van.

I opened the passenger door for her, then walked around to the driver's side and got in.

"Tom," Laura said softly, "How many passengers did you say this van can hold?"

"It's got seating for 10, so with you, me, and the kids we'll have one extra seat."

She opened her purse and handed me something. I turned on the dome light. It was an early pregnancy test stick, showing positive.

She murmured in a low voice, "Remember our first night together, how I told you I was diagnosed as hyper-fertile? Looks like we're going to need that extra seat."

Words cannot describe how thrilled I was, and how suddenly turned on. I had to raise the steering wheel a bit, so my hardening dick had some clearance.

"I think that test may be wrong," I said, smiling. "When we get home, let's make extra sure it's right."

Laura leaned over and kissed me passionately, teasing me with her tongue on my lips. Caressed my hardness though the cloth of my slacks, she whispered, "If there's a deserted rest area on the way home, my love, we might not even need to wait that long."