Mother's Day Miracle

Story Info
Mother's Day reconciliation turns into something more.
9.7k words
4.51
49.4k
78
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note:

This is a story that deals in heavy subject matter and sensitive topics like abuse, physical and sexual as well as domestic violence. If you are easily offended by those types of topics, this story may not be for you. This story, like all of my stories, is plot based and character driven. There is sex eventually, but it is not the focus. If you're looking for a quick wank or bean flicking session, this isn't it. This is a story about damaged people becoming whole again through reconciliation, and is one of the works I am most proud of.

Feedback of any kind is appreciated, but hateful / non-constructive comments will be deleted. This is also in the Incest/Taboo category but is more on the 'taboo' side than 'incest'.

All Characters are eighteen and over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I never wanted to become someone like him, so secure

Content to live each day just like the last

I was sure I knew that

This was not for me

And I wanted so much more

Far beyond what I could see

So I swore that I'd

Never be someone like him"

- Dream Theater - Octavarium

CHAPTER ONE

Mother's day is supposed to be a day of happiness, a day of gratitude and a day of thankfulness to show appreciation for the one woman who loved you unconditionally, who supported you through everything. If one thing is certain, it is that a mother's love is unconditional. She supports you through thick and thin, through ups and downs and always will encourage you, and make you feel better when you're down in the dumps. If all that is true, why can't I find the words to write down on the card? I had been sitting for twenty minutes and still didn't have the words to say.

What was there to say? Thank you for being there for me, when my own drunk father didn't give a shit about me? Thank you for marrying him, and trying to shelter me while my father beat me for every little mistake I ever made? Sorry that my father divorced you, because he loved the alcohol more than you? Sorry I didn't call or text you, because my father threatened to kick me out of the house for even speaking to you?

I was sweating because of the anxiety that writing a simple letter was causing me. At eighteen years old, I had finally worked up the courage to write a mother's day card for the only woman who ever loved me. She deserved more than what I could give her, but I finally would be free of my father's control. I had moved in with a friend while I searched for an apartment to rent, because I could not stand living under his abusive roof any longer.

I had a good paying job, I worked at the local Lowe's Distribution Center and made twelve dollars an hour. It was decent pay for now, but I would be making almost twenty dollars an hour in a few year's time if I stuck with it. Now, I only had to save up enough to put a deposit down on an apartment, and I would be totally free of my father's control.

I had been keeping tabs on my step mom, or rather ex-step mom. I had been waiting for this day for a very long time, to tell her how much I loved her and how sorry I was for how things had turned out. I knew she had major trust issues after my father divorced her, and hadn't dated anyone since the divorce two years ago.

My father could be a smooth talker, and deceptively nice. She had married my father when she was only twenty years old. He was forty at the time, and I was only ten. They divorced when I was sixteen, and I had been living in hell for the past two years, too afraid to speak out against the things my father did to me. Now, I no longer lived in fear.

I sighed, pushed out all the negative feelings and emotions, and just focused on the positive memories I had with her, and began to write. 'Dear Mom, I just wanted to tell you Happy Mother's Day. Thank you for everything you have done for me, and thank you for being the mom I never had. I am sorry for not reaching out sooner, but I am here now.' I wrote. I breathed a sigh of relief, and closed the envelope.

I decided to leave and go to my ex step mom's house, and give her the card. I picked up my car keys, and headed to the door but froze. A card was not enough. I needed to get her something else to accompany the card. I decided to go to the store and get her some flowers and chocolates. The closest store with both was a Walmart, so I sped off in that direction. As I parked in the Walmart parking lot, I was dismayed to find it completely packed with people that had the same idea as me.

I sighed and exited the car, and headed into the store. Most of the candy aisle was barren, except some heart shaped chocolate boxes. I begrudgingly picked one up, and headed to the garden area. Once again, it was completely packed, and there were no roses left of any kind. I was devastated to find absolutely nothing. As I was about to leave, a small potted rose plant caught my eye. As I approached it, I realized it could work. This mother's day would mark a new beginning for us, and the rose plant more than symbolized that.

I picked up the rose, and headed for the check out line. For some reason, I was more nervous than usual and there were butterflies in my stomach. I brushed them off, because I knew I only felt anxious because I hadn't seen her in a very long time.

I placed the chocolate next to the card in the passenger seat, and placed the rose in the floorboard, then quickly got in the driver's seat and sped off.

As I grew closer and closer to my ex step mom's house, my anxiety grew more and more. What would my father say if he found out where I was? Would she even want me to come over, or did she not want anything to do with me? All of the feelings and nervousness came to a head as I pulled up next to her house. My heart pounded as I parked my car, and I began to hyperventilate. I slowly calmed myself, and exited the car, and mentally prepared myself.

I approached the house, reached out with a trembling hand and knocked on the door. I held my breath as I counted the seconds. For a solid twenty seconds I waited for an answer to no avail. My heart sank, and I started to walk away.

"Hello?" A familiar voice called out to me.

As I turned around, my heart skipped a beat at the sight of my ex step mom.

Katie was absolutely beautiful, and looked just as youthful as the last time I saw her. Her flowing red hair and hazel eyes sparkled in the sunlight, and her slim figure was definitely a pleasant sight. Her eyes lit up when she saw me. "Trevor?" She asked, sounding delighted to see me.

I nodded and pushed the thought out of my mind, because I did not want to be thinking about her that way. Katie was gorgeous, but I looked more like my father. I had dark brown hair, pretty much black until the sunlight hit it. I was muscular, just like him but was not overly so.

Katie walked over to me and wrapped her arms around me. "I'm so glad to see you! I thought you didn't want anything to do with me!" She said, and I could tell she was holding back tears.

I wanted to cry as well, the relief of finally reuniting with her had made me emotional. I returned the hug, missing the warmth of her touch. Only this time, I noticed her womanly figure in ways I should not be. "I'm so glad to see you too!" I told her, choked up from the relief that she didn't hate me.

Katie pulled away, smiled and sniffled. Her face was turning red around her eyes, and I could tell she was on the verge of crying. "Please, come in! I wasn't expecting company today but I am grateful that you stopped by!" She replied, then ushered me inside.

I paused, nearly forgetting about the gifts I had. "Give me a few seconds, I forgot something in the car. I'll be right back." I told her.

Katie returned to her house. "I'll be inside. Go ahead and just open the door, it's always open to you!" She told me.

I nodded, then returned to my car to pick up her Mother's Day gifts. Once I had them all, I walked back to the house, and opened the door.

"I'm in the kitchen, feel free to look around if you want to!" Katie called from in the kitchen.

I took her up on the offer. Immediately when you opened the door was a living room with a TV to the left and a couch facing it against the right wall. Directly in front was the dining room. Also against the right wall was a piano, and a rocking chair. There was a nightstand to the right of the rocking chair with some newspapers and a remote for the TV. Along the same side as the door was a window, with flowers in the window sill.

I decided I wanted to surprise her with the gifts. "Katie, can you come here?" I asked. It felt weird calling her 'Katie', but it would feel even weirder calling her mom despite that being what I always called her.

I heard footsteps from around the corner, and quickly held the gifts behind my back.

Katie rounded the corner. "What is-" She started to ask, then her eyes locked on my hands behind my back.

I motioned to the couch. "Close your eyes and sit down, I have something for you." I told her.

Katie did as she was instructed, and sat down with her eyes closed.

I took a deep breath and sat beside her. I held the gifts in my lap. "Open your eyes." I told her, grinning.

Katie opened her eyes, and her eyes locked on the Mother's Day gifts I had in my lap. Her bottom lip started to tremble as she fought back tears. She reached out with a trembling hand, and picked up the Mother's Day card, and opened it. Her breathing became shallow as she read it, and wiped tears out of her eyes.

I put my arm around her back. "Happy Mother's Day. I love you, and always have." I told her.

Katie began to cry, and hugged me, sobbing in my arms. "Thank you so much, I love you too! You have no idea what this means to me!" She told me, barely getting the words out between breaths.

I held her, and let her cry. I patted her back, letting her get all of her emotions out. I began to tear up as well, as I finally felt like I was at peace, and that I was finally home.

After several minutes of silence and just holding each other, Katie finally stopped crying and sat up, wiping the tears from her eyes and smiled. "Thank you so much for the card and the chocolates! You just made my day a hundred times better." Katie said, holding my hands in hers. Her face turned from happiness to a troubled look.

I sensed that something was wrong. "What's wrong?" I asked.

Katie looked up at me and tears rolled down her face once more. "Your father forbade me to talk to you! He said mean and nasty things. He told me that you hated me, and that you never wanted to speak to be again!" Katie told me.

I shook my head, enraged at the outrageous lies. "Those were nothing but lies! He told me that he would kick me out of the house if he ever found out I was talking to you. I wanted to reach out so many times but couldn't, because I was scared of him, that he would beat me or kick me out. I wanted to talk to you so many times but couldn't because I was living in fear." I replied, squeezing her hand.

Katie nodded. "Why now? Why would you risk it now?" She asked.

I smiled. "Because I kicked myself out. I moved out, and in with a friend. I am saving up enough to get an apartment so I don't have to live with my piece of shit father anymore." I replied.

Katie looked sympathetic. "Honey, you don't ever have to worry about that. I have more than enough room to take you in. There's a room going to waste anyways, feel free to move in any time you want!" She told me.

I sighed and shook my head. "I can't inconvenience you like that. If my dad ever found out I was here, he would kill me." I replied.

Katie squeezed my hand again. "You could never be an inconvenience to me, I would love nothing more than to have you here with me. I have been so lonely without you, you are the one thing out of that marriage that I don't regret. You don't ever have to worry about your father again, you are a man now. You can take back the life and the happiness he stole from you." She told me.

I thought about it for a few minutes, then nodded. "I think we can work something out. If I do move in though, I'm contributing with bills." I replied, smiling.

Katie beamed at my answer, and hugged me again, this time kissing me on my cheek.

I breathed a sigh of relief. Everything was falling into its proper place, and I was finally at peace with Katie.

CHAPTER TWO

"Don't you think it's a little weird to be moving in with your ex step mom? Aren't you worried what people will think? Aren't you worried what your father will think?" Loren asked.

I shook my head as I continued to pack what little possessions I had. "No, I'm not. I could give a shit less what anybody thinks of me. My grandparents are dead, my real mother is dead and my father is a drunk piece of shit that probably still hasn't noticed I am gone. I'm through with letting people walk all over me. I'm going to do what I'm going to do." I responded.

Loren crossed her arms. "I think you're rushing into this without thinking about it. What if something happens between you two while you're alone? What if other people think something is happening between you two?" She asked.

I was shocked that she would ask that. "First of all, that's not actually illegal. Second of all, it wouldn't happen and third of all, why do you care? I thought you friend-zoned me, so why do you care who I sleep with?" I asked in a confrontational tone.

Loren pursed her lips. "I don't care, I'm just looking out for you." She replied.

I shook my head, I could tell she was lying by the tone she used. "Look, we agreed that this was only a temporary thing until I found a permanent place. I found a permanent place, and now you're trying to convince me not to go. I already told you how I felt about you. If you don't want me to go, tell me how you feel." I told her, stopping to look at her.

Loren really was beautiful. She had short black hair, deep blue eyes and the face of an angel. The only problem was she had told me she didn't have any feelings for me after I poured my heart and soul out to her. She remained tight lipped, and didn't say anything.

I sighed. "Last chance, I'm not playing these mind games. I know you're lying, and don't know why you don't tell me the truth. I see the way you look at me, but yet you claim you have no feelings for me. Tell me the truth, and I'll stay here with you, and we can be happy together. If you don't, I'm moving in with debatably the only person who ever gave a shit about me." I told her.

Loren looked like she wanted to say something, but remained silent.

I nodded, heartbroken and rejected once again by her. "I'm gone." I told her, zipped up my suitcase and headed out the door.

"Trevor, wait!" Loren shouted as I left the house.

I completely ignored her and loaded my suitcase into my car, and drove off. I truly had feelings for Loren, and felt devastated by her rejection.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I opened the door to Katie's home I set the suitcase down beside the couch, sat down and buried my face in my hands.

"Honey, is everything alright? Katie asked, sitting down next to me and wrapped her arm over me.

I shook my head. "It will be fine, eventually." I replied, uncovering my face.

Katie frowned and brushed my hair out of my face. "What's wrong?" She asked.

I sighed. "I didn't tell you everything. The roommate I was staying with was my crush. All throughout highschool I wanted to date her. She had initially said yes after I turned eighteen, and we moved in together so I could get away from my dad." I told her.

Katie looked confused. "That sounds like a good thing! How is it bad?" She asked.

I shook my head. "A couple of days after I moved in, she told me that she just didn't feel the same way after giving it some thought. She told me that I could stay however, and save up money to get a place. I really cared about her, and I could tell she was lying. When I told her I was moving in with you, she tried to argue with me. She tried to convince me to not move in with you." I told her.

Katie looked sad. "I'm sorry that happened to you. Women can be cruel sometimes. Maybe she was scared of losing you as a friend if you ended up breaking up." She told me.

I forced a smile for Katie. "Maybe. I'm starting to feel hopeless, like I'll never find the woman I'm supposed to be with. Maybe a relationship just isn't for me." I told her.

Katie looked sympathetic. "I know how you feel. I haven't been able to trust anybody after what your father did to me. He beat me, then told me he loved me. He even pinned me-" Katie started to say, but cut her sentence off. "He did bad things to me. Despite all of that, I still wanted him to love me but I was never good enough." She explained with a far away look in her eyes, like explaining something that she didn't want to remember.

I was shocked that my dad would go to the lengths that she was implying. "I'm so sorry he did those things. You didn't deserve any of that. I replied.

Katie smiled. "Thank you, it means so much to me to be able to just talk to you. I missed how open and honest we were with each other. Looks like we could be alone together." She joked.

I giggled. "You know, I could tell that Loren was jealous of me moving in here. I don't know why she wouldn't just be honest with me. She said other people might think it's weird that I moved in with you." I told her.

Katie raised an eyebrow. "Why would it be weird?" She asked in a curious tone.

I sighed. "She said she's worried about people thinking there's something between us." I confessed.

Katie nodded. "Oh." She said. Then, her eyes opened wide. "Oh!" She exclaimed and covered her mouth.

I nodded. "I know, she's being ridiculous." I told her.

Katie chuckled. "Well, now I know she was definitely jealous. Logic and reasoning tend to go out the window when it comes to what the heart wants." She replied.

I nodded. "Well, regardless of whether she's jealous or not my romantic future looks pretty bleak. I mean, I've never-" I started to say, but cut myself off.

Katie looked curious. "You've never what? You can be honest with me, I have never shared anything you've said to me in private with anybody. I sure as hell am not going to start now." She told me.

I sighed and closed my eyes. "I've never even had sex before. I was waiting for the right person, and I was so sure it was going to be Loren but she wants nothing to do with me. It's kind of pathetic that I'm talking to you about this, but my dad won't ever be a part of my life again." I replied.

Katie looked both thoughtful and sympathetic. "Honey, it's not pathetic. It's a good thing that you're waiting. You want your first time to be special, with someone you care about." She told me.

I nodded. "Thanks for the encouragement, you always know what to say." I told her.

Katie smiled. "You're welcome. I'm always here." She responded.

My phone started to vibrate, so I pulled it out. It was a call from Loren. I pressed the ignore button, and looked at the time. It was past nine o'clock at night, and I had to get into bed. "I have to get into bed, I'm exhausted. I worked all day, and it's catching up with me. I work weekends, so today is my Friday. Where's my room?" I asked her. I started to get up, and picked up my suitcase.

Katie grabbed my arm. "If you worked today you probably have lots of knots in your back. Let me give you a back rub, it's the least I can do after everything you've done for me today. I am a professional after all." Katie replied.

I wanted to say no, but my back did feel sore and it would help me out. I completely forgot that she was a massage therapist. "That would be great." I told her.

Katie smiled, then nodded. "Okay, follow me." She told me, and stood up.