Mothers, Wives, Daughters Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My call to Karin went about the way I think we both knew or in Karins' case suspected it would. Karin was pretty feral over her daughters attitude. She has always had a calm quiet demeanour about her. Shes' very very pretty and theres no mistaking where her daughter gets her good looks, but I had no idea that she would know so many expletives, let alone be able to co-join so many of them together in a relevant form. She blamed her ex-partners influence. She said he excelled at two things, disregard for those around him and poor decision making.

She had been calling Kasey once a week for three months after she got a call from Kase in tears. (That was new!) The subsequent calls had made her suspicious that Kase was hiding something so when I filled in the blanks Karin came unstuck and the swearing started. She was adamant we needed to keep in touch and she was going to come see me in Ipswich. I promised divorce was not a given. While not happy about the seperation she understood why I'd got one.

It was two hours later ensconsed in the motel that would be my home that I finally got the time to review the incoming I'd missed. Kaseys' messages were crying jags and apologies. The third voicemail was my mother, 'Regan. You'll be pleased to know you're wife. Or should that be ex-wife, if her babbling is to be believed wants no more to do with me or my destructive persuasive ideas.

I'm not going to go into a rant on the rights or wrongs of what I said to Kasey in our moments together other than it is her life to live. She asked me the question and I answered it as honestly and truthfully as I could.

Okay I admit that some of the suggestions I made may have been in hindsight a bit ruthless to your way of thinking but I thought that your guys' relationship robust enough to tolerate a little bit of sacrifice here or there.

Obviously, Huh, it isn't. What can I say Regan? My bad. (Pause). Anyway, with me out of the picture you can now return to your previous life and your dismally sorry, subjugated wife.'

'Oh by the way, I'm off out of the picture completely now. You're father and his partner have found me a small condo to buy about three kilometres from theirs. Most of my stuff is packed and will be picked up this week. That will just leave you two kids and your father with the problem of this house. Anyway let me know when I'm forgiven so we can fix our little problem properly. Bye for now Honey.'

My text to her was short, 'forgiven? don't hold your breath.'

There was a text from Kasey, 'please may I call Reeg?'

I texted back she should call, "Hi Reeg, honey I'm so sorry I've put us through this. I've had enough time to consider that I did some things majorly wrong and I need to fix them. Okay so I did not see that so much of what I'd planned was not going to be of benefit to our relationship or our life going forward so I realise that the plan needs input from you as well to work proper..." I broke in "Geesus Kase, are you reading this off a song sheet? (Pause). Kasey?"

"Uhh. Err. Umm. I just jotted down some notes.. I umm. Yes."

"Kasey, I've given you the right option. Seperation."

"Reeg there has to be ANOTHER WAY. Less final. That doesn't end wrecking us."

I'd let Kasey come to the conclusion herself without comment, "Reeg why can't we just work through a plan where we come to an amicable compromise that we can both live with? Honey?"

"I know you have a trust issue with me. And I know its well founded. But can't our love for each other help repair and strengthen what I've harmed."

"Kase, the seperation side allows some freedom. To go the way you want unencumbered. Likewise for me too. Its obvious we aren't completely on the same page when it comes to what direction we're headed. Our situation has made me see that there are things I would like in a relationship I'd not given thought to as much as I should of. Thats on me. Kase, seperating doesn't mean the end of us. Oh and if you're wondering, plain and simple. I love you and always will. I hope we can remain true to each other but just in case .... "

"Bye Kase."

------- ----------- -----------

The program integration went a lot easier than we planned. We walked through introducing updates allowing deletion of some programs, pick and choose what we wanted to keep and integrate. Both Nick and Tom, Pascoes guy, headed into the process relentlessly and completely ignored me for hours at a time. That allowed me the time to update program procedures, promulgate maintenance and troubleshooting guides and also record software and hardware replacement identification.

Two months in while everything was still a bit of a mess we saw the light at the end of the tunnel. We'd also identified the needs for new senior appointments, two that Nick and Tom would fulfil complete with a dedicated team. Other areas needing a look at were technical prototype design engineering (My specialist field), logistics and procurement.

Surprisingly Kasey and I talked frequently sometimes we'd video, text or just call. There was no set time. Sometimes it would be a call at two or three in the morning when Kasey couldn't sleep. Or maybe it was a text from me when I had a free moment. We both kept it fresh, passed on our love for each other and stayed clear of the difficult bits.

Kasey was at pains to tell me anything that she thought I'd be anxious about, which I appreciated but I'd already accepted could happen. It is what it is. One text that bought on a bit of a smile she sent her first day at head office, 'mike tulleys kicked landts ass outta here, long gone. good riddance.'

Then there was the whole self imposed celibacy thing. Was I feeling horny? Of course I was. Was I tempted to do something about it? Of course I was. Did I? No.

That didn't stop some of the local talent testing my resolve. I'd forgotten how invasive single life could be when it came to the whole dating, mating ritual. I thought maturity and my wedding band being proudly displayed would be enough but neither curbed the innuendo or suggestions coming my way. And that was only at the work face.

Going to the local for a quite drink with my guys was like that on steroids 'In your face. Do me now. No question's asked.' Nick was single but he admitted it even overwhelmed him, he held out for all of a week, the hero.

I wondered whether Kasey was facing the same dilema and then logic as depressing as that was, kicked in. Of course she would have been. And she'd been away from me for two months. And she had a free pass - as many as she wanted.

I'd thought about mentioning a booty call to Kasey but didn't. Karin actually took care of that for me. She rang to see if I could take time off to fly to hers for a 'semi-dirty week-end with your wifey'. She was waiting for the 'nod' from Kasey and was supremely confident it would happen.

------- ----------- -----------

Brian rung. He had two potential candidates to fill the technical design position both well qualified, mid twentys. Female and male. They both had the same talents, same aspirations and Brian was sweating over the decision.

So the plan was, I'd fly home to do the interviews. Dine them and see if the odd drink would loosen them up a bit. Then, they could sweat it out over the weekend. I'd get Brian to do one more interviews each using anything I'd gleaned Friday night. After I'd catch the late flight out to spend the weekend with Kasey and her Mum.

The two interviewees were everything Brian said they were although Brice was a tiny tad unconfident at times. Michele appeared to be a plodder where she was required to use her knowledge for an outcome but there was nothing wrong with the answers either provided.

The dining experience saw them both let their hair down. Any worries I had disappeared when I realised it was practical experience that was lacking with both of them. They both admitted they were nervous and intimidated with Brians interviewing technique which is best summed up as succinct and brutal. The tension wasn't lessened when Brian in his succinctness told them he'd call the big boss in to interview them both. Dipshit.

I'd not made my mind up on either of them but an idea was forming. I'd paid particular note to their interactions with problems I bought up as we dined. Problems were ones I knew from experience and pathways we took to resolve were known. Their logic and concillatory nature impressed me. I realised I didn't want to loose either of them. I was going to have to be covincing with my business partners.

We were all but finished and I don't think any of us had paid attention to the goings on around us. For me that was right up to the point were I 'felt' someone staring at me. At that point I looked in the direction I'd sensed the stare was coming from right into the eyes of my wife wearing a horrorfied look on her face.

She wasn't alone. The man she was sitting with appeared to be looking in my direction, then Kaseys' look of consternation, then back and forth and I'd guess he was trying to determine who, how or where we fit together.

The look of realisation came to him as I watched him silently mouth 'Damn' in my direction then a solemn look away and shake of his head.

------- ----------- -----------

I needed to look after my two young guests, duely paid the bill, thanked both of them for dining with me and told both a new proposition for both of them was a possibilty and Brian would be in touch. I walked them to the exit. Thankfully we did not have to walk past Kasey and her date. My cell rang and wouldn't stop. I had a taxi for Brice and Michele organised, paid for and bid them good night.

I looked to find all the calls were from Kasey or her mum. Also a text from Kasey, 'Reeg, honey pse wait for me I just need to say bye to Zane.'

I had under an hour to get to my flight so I jumped in the nearest cab. Underway I noticed Kasey standing further down the footpath looking for me. Even in her office smart attire, black hose and comfortable heels she looked hot but then I'm biased. I typed a reply, 'Sorry Kasey. Gotta make my flite. Going to see Karin. I'll give her your apology then shall I?'

Of course later she rang, "Reeg honey, I can't come honey, I'm only here until Sunday and I've gotta work both days. Why don't we meet at home now? Please? I miss you. I need you." She paused with a rasp in her voice, "Reeg?"

"Kase, I'm not going to be your plan b. Go find Zane. Have a good weekend." I ended call.

Of course my cell blew up repeatedly. I checked Karins' text, 'Regan don't bother honey, shes not coming shes at your house, go have it out with her. Don't be soft and let me know. Soon. Love Karin'.

I changed the flight back to one for Ipswich and half an hour later boarded for my 'new' home. Kasey had texted while I was in the air, 'I'm here Reeg, where are you, whats your seat number?'

'I'm in Ipswich, Karin said not to bother - you weren't going. Well at least you can spend time with your Mum.'

All I got back as a reply was 'FUCK'.

By the time I made it home I was pretty much on zombie power so it was lights out until my cell started at eight o'clock Saturday morning. No guesses as to who it was, "Good morning Kasey, hows Karin?"

"Reeg, mums fine but I'm not with her, I caught the six o'clock flight back this morning. I'm at work now. I need to tell you whats going on right now so you don't have to worry. Nothing is going on with Zane Howard. We both came down from head office so he could get a hands-on look at how we run our office here. Hes' spending his time with

Olly and the crew. Yes hes' single and yes he thought he'd have a chance with me but I had to reinforce what I'd told him previously on a couple of occasions, that I was married.

He finally admitted he'd worked that out when he saw us looking at each other and guessed who you were. Please can't we fix this? Can you come home? I'll work remotely from here and fly out when I really have too. Please Reeg."

"Kasey, Look I'm stuck here with work, its going well but I need to train up someone to do my job here and another at home. The two dining with me last night fit the bill so my plan is to train them up here and at home so they've a grounding in both areas of the new company. Thats a good couple of months."

"So Kase, tell me how the new jobs going. Are you getting the units setup okay? Does it look positive? Have you met Mike Tulley yet? Oh and heard from Olly?"

She completely dismissed my queries, damnit they were serious questions, "Okay, yes I should've said 'no' to a meal but I enjoy company like everybody else. It was only ever just a meal. It beat going home to a lonely house and having to cook just for me. I wish now I'd called you. I would've loved to have cooked us something special and had time all to ourselves for a night. I'm betting I could've twisted your arm to stay here all weekend. I also wish I'd not brushed mum off so easily. I would've ended up with you at mums' too."

"So what about us Reeg? Please tell me you're not dating, you aren't are you?"

"Nope. No interest and no time to anyway. The odd drink though. As for us, whats changed Kase. We're still away from home. Busy and committed to a new life. Its what you wanted Kase?"

"No honey, its not. I was hoping the oppurtunity that was offered to me would allow us to be closer together."

"Kase, We've been through this. With you at head office how is that drawing us closer together?"

"Reeg, honey we could have time together, I'd work during the day, you could work remotely. We'd have a whole new city, state to explore. I'm accomodated rent free so thats a generous savings. It'd be so cool honey."

"Kasey I can't spare that much time away from the workface. You know this, right? I just can't take time off, I've responsibilities to my employees and their families, my business partners and customers. Look Kase, at the risk of repeating ourselves, its not only the distance apart. Its the trust issue. Understand, I am not going to spend my time wondering what you're doing while we're apart. The seperation works."

"NO! It doesn't! I don't understand why we have to be apart. Or why a seperation. Neither of us is gonna cheat on the other. Neither of us has the time we're both too busy to even contemplate that. And I even say that despite sometimes feeling horny as a rabbit."

Okay, a bit of a laugh may've slipped out before I caught it. Yeah, I'm an asshole. But in my defence the way Kasey phrased it, it was funny as fuck. Kasey didn't see the humour, "And Reeg, last night was bullshit. You could've waited two minutes for me to get rid of Zane, then we would've at least had time to talk, or head home, or been able to spend time. Time. Time doing something ridiculous. Like making love. Or fucking. Or ....." (Kasey went quiet, then a wet whimper).

She was right even though she'd rejected her mums invitation. I could've stayed and spent time with her. It was vengeful which was the reason I did it. Now in hindsight we would've both enjoyed the time, of that I had no doubt. But it was only Saturday morning, "So okay Kase, what do you want to do about it?"

"Do about WHAT!?"

"Getting together."

"Well. Its a bit late to do anything about that NOW. I'm at work and you're in Ipswich."

"Yeah and last night you were supposedly going to stay at your mums all weekend with me."

"Yeah I know but now I'm back at ... Wait! Are you saying you want me to fly to you? For the weekend?"

"Only if you want."

"Reeg, can you pick me up? I'll text my arrival time and flight number."

------- ----------- -----------

By Overwatcher.

Share this Story

Similar Stories

Let Go CEO wife fires husband. What follows is the aftermath.in Loving Wives
Never Enough She thought she could go back to how it was. She was wrong.in Loving Wives
An Unexpected Reaction To an unacceptable situation.in Loving Wives
Requital He caught her cheating; she thinks he's overreacting.in Loving Wives
My Wife's Painful Mistake Loving Wife misjudges husbands resolve - big mistake.in Loving Wives
More Stories