Moving On

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

So what Mina had said was right after all. She didn't forget about me. She was simply trying to find a way to feel better. I felt like an ass. I let my jealousy cloud my better judgment. I still didn't like the thought of her sleeping with someone else, but now I think I understood. I couldn't really expect her to go celibate the rest of her life. I had to accept that it was just part of her moving on and getting better.

"Tell her that it is ok, and that I understand," I said. Mina relayed the message.

"It didn't mean anything to me, I swear," Sharon said with a sniffle. "I missed you so much."

"He missed you too," Mina said. "It was almost all he could talk about." Both girls laughed at that.

Things had calmed down after all the initial drama was out of the way. Sharon had a lot of questions about ghosts and psychics and how all of it worked. Mina explained the basics to her like she had done with me. Sharon was now accepting it all with an open mind. I was proud of her. I was certain that many people would never believe in the supernatural no matter how much evidence was laid at their feet.

"Thank you so much for coming to see me Mina," Sharon said. "This is so great. I'm so happy to have Brad back."

"Sharon, part of why we are here is to help Brad move on," Mina said.

"What do you mean?"

"Well... remember how I said not everyone becomes a ghost? Well we both think that the reason Brad stayed behind was... you. He wanted to be with you one more time so badly that his soul wouldn't pass into the afterlife. We thought that if he finally got to have his last meeting with you, he could find peace."

"So he is going to leave again?" The pain in her voice was clear. It hurt to hear it, but there was no avoiding it.

Mina hesitated momentarily before continuing. "He has to. He tries to hide it, but he is constantly suffering. I can feel it. It would be torture for him to stay a ghost forever."

I had thought I did a good job of hiding my pain, but I guess there were no secrets from a psychic like Mina. The constant struggle to maintain your form and the emotional distress from seeing your loved ones hurting without you definitely made for a difficult existence.

"I understand," Sharon said.

"If there was anything you wished you could say to him one last time this is your chance," Mina said. "He definitely had some things for you."

"Yes, of course."

"Give her the gift," I told Mina.

"Ok," she said. She presented the small box she held in her hands to Sharon. "This is a gift for you from Brad. He said he was going to give it to you the night that he died."

It was the reason I had taken Mina to my parents' before seeing Sharon. It felt like a waste if the present never found its way to her. I hadn't told anyone else about it, so nobody knew that it was in my room waiting to be delivered. It was nothing too important, but still it was something I wanted her to have.

It was funny watching Mina sneak into my house to retrieve it. She was not at all comfortable with breaking in to someone's home, but I assured her it was safe. And she was determined to do whatever she needed to in order to help me. I showed her where the spare key was hidden and made sure no one was home. A quick trip in and out and she had it without a problem.

Sharon took the box and opened it. Reaching in, she pulled out a heart shaped pendant on a chain. She looked it over and found that it opened up. Both halves were digital screens on the inside. Upon further inspection Sharon found there was a small power button. She pressed it and watched the screens come to life. What showed on the screens was a slideshow of pictures featuring the two of us together. Her face lit up as she watched the pictures go by, her eyes swimming in tears and good memories. After the final picture, she held the locket to her chest and beamed a great big smile.

"I love it!"

I had a smile to match hers. I had dreamt about her reaction to the gift even before I had died. I was immensely pleased to see she liked it. I knew she always preferred the more personal gifts over the expensive ones. Which was great for someone without a lot of money like me. I suspected the memories inside the locket would mean even more to her now that there could never be anymore. That was also a reason why I made sure she received it.

"Are you ready?" Mina asked me.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I said.

"Sharon, I'm going to do something now to let the two of you talk more directly," Mina said. "I'm going to let Brad possess my body. I'll look and sound like myself, but it will be Brad in control. He will be the one talking to you."

"You can do that?"

"Yeah and it is no problem so don't worry about me. Are you ready?"

Sharon took a gulp of air before nodding her head. "Yes."

I took that as my queue. I reached out to Mina and once again slipped into her body. After a brief acclimation period, I opened my eyes and found myself sitting next to Sharon. She was intensely staring back at me.

"Brad?" she asked timidly.

"Hey baby," I responded with a smile.

She wasted no time in wrapping me up in a big hug. I held her as we both cried. It felt so great to feel her against me again. To actually feel her warmth and smell her scent again, it all brought back so many memories.

"I've missed you so much," she said.

"Me too," I said. "I've been waiting to hold you again for too long."

She pulled back and looked at me with a funny expression. "It's kind of weird talking to you while you are a girl." By her tone I could tell she was teasing me.

"Well I always secretly wanted to be an Asian girl," I said. She laughed at my lame joke. "I know it is weird but it is better than nothing."

From there we caught up on all sorts of things we missed. I asked her to tell me about her vacation and recent activities, and she asked lots of questions about what it was like being dead. We had a great time laughing and reminiscing together. It felt just like old times. I never wanted it to end, but all good things do. Her roommate was due back soon, and I didn't want to be around when she got home. Reluctantly I told Sharon that it was time for me to go.

"Do you really have to leave? Can't you just stay with me? We can find a way to make it work. Somehow."

"I wish I could," I sighed. "But babe, Mina was right. Being a ghost... it doesn't feel right. I'm meant to move on to the next world. And I need to let you move on too. If I stayed with you, I would only get in the way of your life."

"But I don't want to let you go," she said.

"You have your whole life ahead of you still. You need more than I can give you now. Someday you will get married and have a family and live your dreams. And I want all of that for you."

Sharon thought about that for a moment. "I wanted to marry you, Brad."

"And I would have loved to have been your husband," I said softly. "But you can still have a happy life with a different man that loves you. And I want you to. Don't feel guilty about being with men from now on. I give you my blessing on that front. So try to find someone that makes you happy, ok?"

She sniffed and wiped her eyes. "Ok."

"And don't feel bad for me," I said. "Now that I finally got to say goodbye, I think I'm ready to move on. And I'm pretty sure it is a better place that waits for me. At first it seemed scary, but now... I don't know. It feels right."

"Ok," she repeated. She appeared to be at a loss for words. I could hardly blame her. We both stood up and walked to the door. I took her hands in my own and looked deeply into her eyes.

"You know, I never got to respond to your last text message you sent me before I died," I said. She was taller than Mina, so as I leaned into her I had to rise up on my toes. "I love you."

I brought my lips to hers and kissed her for one last time. She hesitated for only a fraction of a second before returning the kiss. The feel of her lips was every bit as electrifying as it always had been in the past. I broke the kiss and smiled at her blushing face.

"I love you too," she said.

I reluctantly released her hands and exited the house. It was hard to leave her, but I knew it was for the best. We both needed to let go. As I walked away, Sharon called out to me one last time.

"I'll never forget you Brad! My heart will always be yours, for the rest of my life."

I turned to face her with a smile. "And mine will always be yours, forever in the afterlife."

With that, my final meeting with the love of my life concluded. I returned to Mina's room shortly after leaving Sharon. As soon as the door closed I gave Mina control of her body back and returned to my spiritual form.

"How do you feel?" Mina asked as soon as she was settled in.

"Honestly? Good and bad. It feels bad knowing I'll never see her again. But I do feel better now. I think it has lifted a huge weight off of my shoulders. So, thank you Mina. You were right."

"I'm glad I could help," she said. "That was the first time I ever kissed a girl."

I laughed. "It's fun right?"

"Maybe." She said blushing bright red. I couldn't help laughing harder at her embarrassment.

She laughed with me for a bit before she suddenly got serious. She looked down at the ground and I knew there was something on her mind.

"Are you going to move on now?" she asked.

"Well... I think I will soon. I do feel better now and I don't feel the same need to linger here any longer," I said. "But I still have one little thing I want to do before I leave."

"Oh, ok. What is it?"

"It's a secret," I told her. "But actually I think I am going to go take care of that right now."

"Really? Can I help?"

"No, just stay here for this one."

She looked upset but didn't argue. "Will... I see you again?"

"Of course! I wouldn't go to the afterlife without saying goodbye to my best friend first."

That seemed to satisfy her.

"I'll be back later, ok?"

"Ok. Good luck with whatever you are doing."

I chuckled. "Thanks. See ya."

I left her room and began to float around the rest of the dorms. I knew she didn't like that I was leaving her out, but I had a good reason. Mina had helped me be ready to move on, but I hadn't finished helping her with her problems. It was true that I wouldn't leave without telling her goodbye, but I also wouldn't leave without paying her back. And I had a good plan for how to do so. One that would definitely help her have more confidence. It would be tricky to pull off, but I had confidence it would work out after things had gone well with Sharon.

I checked through all the dorm rooms on campus searching for my target. I was getting worried when I finally found him in one of the last rooms. There in the room sitting in front of a computer screen was the big football player who had previously been able to see me twice. I checked out his room for a minute as I floated behind him. It was pretty standard, much like Mina's. He got up from his chair and walked over towards his bed. There he plugged in his phone to the charger by his bed and left it on his pillow. When he turned around to return to his seat he saw me.

His reaction was comical. He yelped and stumbled wildly backwards. His legs gave out as he hit the bed and fell down onto it. He picked up one of his pillows and threw it at me, but of course it passed right through. I did my best to not laugh at him.

"G-Go away! Leave me alone!"

"Calm down," I said. "Everything is ok."

He looked terrified, but at least he stopped flailing around. "Y-You're d-d-dead aren't you?"

"Yes, I am. But I'm not going to hurt you, ok?"

"What do you want with me?"

"I have a proposition for you," I said. "Something I think you will really enjoy."

*****

The cowardly football player's name was Erick. When he finally calmed down, I was able to get some of his story. His fear of me was due to ignorance. Erick had never met another psychic, so he didn't have anyone to teach him about ghosts like Mina did. He had been able to see them his whole life, but he never had the courage to talk to one. What Mina and he did have in common was a life filled with embarrassment due to their gifts.

He had never told anyone about what he saw, but he still had a few incidents. He told me about the numerous times when he had freaked out at the sight of a ghost when others were around him. No matter what excuse you gave, people still looked funny at you when you reacted to something they couldn't see. But he did have some friends and wasn't treated as an outcast. I surmised from what he told me that it was largely due to him being on the football team. Being an athlete was enough to overshadow some of his odd behavior apparently.

I told him a little about myself before explaining to him my current situation. He was understandably very wary of my plan initially. It took a few hours of convincing before he finally agreed to help me. We did a quick test run in his room to make sure everything worked and to make him feel more comfortable with me being in control of his body. I attempted to possess him in the same way I did Mina and found it was just as easy. He was nervous, but after I demonstrated how easy it was for him to regain control he was fine. When we were both ready, I left his room and headed towards Mina's.

It didn't take long to get there. I knocked on the familiar door and waited. Soon enough she appeared to see who was calling on her. When she saw me, she appeared puzzled. She wasn't used to visitors.

"Hello," I said.

"Hello," she said back. I guess it was stupid of me to think she might invite me in. Oh well. I didn't want to hide who I was from her anyways.

"Mina. It's me, Brad."

"What!?"

"Yep," I said smiling at her shocked reaction. "I tracked down our psychic friend here and convinced him to let me use his body for a while."

Her mouth was wide open as she looked me up and down. She stepped aside and frantically motioned me inside her room. Once inside I took a seat on her bed and she remained standing facing me. Even sitting down in Erick's large body I was as tall as she was standing.

"Why did you do this?" she asked. "If you needed a body to help you with whatever you needed to do you could have just used mine." She sounded almost hurt.

"I know," I said. "But I couldn't use your body for this."

"Why not?"

"Mina, I want to help you."

"What do you mean? I'm so confused." Her shoulders slumped and she looked upset. She didn't like being kept in the dark.

"You were so great with Sharon," I said. "I can never repay you for all you did. But I can at least keep my promise to help you."

"How?"

"The goal when we went to the party was to get you some experience with sex so you could gain some confidence. But in the end you still weren't ready. You still think you would ruin it somehow. I think the only way you will get over your fear is if you try though."

"So that is why I brought Erick," I said. "This is an opportunity for you to do anything you want with a boy. And I promise you, I won't make fun of you for anything you want to do."

"But... is Erick ok with this?" she asked.

"Don't worry, he knew what I wanted to do. He wasn't sure about the whole possession thing, but he couldn't resist the opportunity to have sex with a hot girl."

Mina's whole face turned red. It was too cute.

"This is crazy," she said.

"Remember when I said sex was better with someone you actually care about?" I said. "It may not be my body, but it is my mind. And I care about you Mina."

I reached my hand out to her. She hesitated slightly before taking hold of it. I pulled her over to me and brought my hand up under her chin to raise her eyes to mine. I leaned forwards and met her lips with my own. It was one soft lingering kiss before I pulled back and looked into her eyes again.

"What do you say?"

"Yes," she whispered.

"Good," I said. "Tell me what you want."

She bit her lip and looked at me through her long dark bangs. "Take off your clothes."

"Your wish is my command," I said with a wink. I stood up and towered over her. Erick was wearing a hoodie over a t-shirt along with some comfortable sweat pants. I stripped everything off until only the boxers remained. Mina had her eyes fixed on the large bulge I was sporting. Her mouth opened in awe when I removed the boxers and revealed Erick's rather large tool. I estimated it was around eight inches long and impossibly thick. It matched the rest of his huge body.

"Can I touch it?" Mina asked softly.

"Of course. Do whatever you want."

She slowly reached out her hand towards my body. When she finally made contact with my penis, it jumped involuntarily. I forgot how good it felt to feel someone else touch your dick like that. She grabbed as much as she could with her small hand and stared at it in wonder.

"Wow," she said. "I've never really... looked at one. I mean, my first time I barely saw anything and it was over so quickly. And the other night it was dark and you were the one in control."

"It's so big!" she gushed.

I laughed. "Yeah. Erick seems to have been blessed with quite the lady pleaser."

She brought her other hand up to join her first on my cock. With both hands she gave it a long slow stroke. Precum started to leak from the tip and I let out a groan.

"Did that feel good?"

"Oh yeah."

She smiled and continued to slowly stroke it. Her smooth hands felt amazing sliding around my hardness. Every now and then she paused her stroking to turn the shaft one way or another and inspect it from a new angle. I could tell she was trying to get the most out of the experience. I closed my eyes and enjoyed her work. All of a sudden I felt a wet tongue lap at my sensitive cock head.

"Fuck!" I gasped. I wasn't expecting the shock of pleasure I received. I stumbled back a step and sat down on her bed.

She giggled. "Like that?"

"Yes! Sorry I just wasn't ready for it," I said. "Do you want to suck it?"

Her shy nature returned as she suddenly looked unsure of herself again.

"I don't think I'll be very good at it."

"Nobody starts out as an expert," I said. "And I promise no matter what you do, it will feel good. Just no teeth."

She stepped forward and kneeled between my legs by the side of the bed. My hard cocked stood up high and proud in front of her face. She grabbed it in her hands and planted a quick kiss at the thick base. It was followed by another kiss higher up on the pulsing shaft.

"I want to make you feel good Brad."

"Well you are doing a good job."

She shot me a big smile before she opened her mouth and engulfed my dick.

"Holy shit," I whispered.

She kept hold of the base with both hands and bobbed her head slowly up and down. It felt amazing inside of her warm mouth. The only thing that might have excited me more than the actual feeling was the sight of her cute innocent face trying to swallow such an obscenely large cock. I don't think I could possibly get any harder than I was at that moment.

After a while, she began to attempt to take more and more of my borrowed cock into her mouth. She was doing an impressive job, especially for someone with very little experience. Her eyes stayed focused on mine as much as she could manage, constantly searching for my approval. I definitely approved of all she was doing. On her best attempt Mina was able to swallow around five inches. The next try proved to be too much. She gagged and came off my cock coughing.

"I'm sorry," she said. "I couldn't help it."

"It's ok, don't worry. It happens all the time."

Feeling relieved that I wasn't upset, she returned her mouth to my dick. She abandoned her attempts at deep throating and focused on bobbing her head in a steady rhythm.

"How is it?" she asked.

"So good Mina," I said. "Don't forget to use your tongue."

1...345678