Mr. Peter Chapman Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Her dad adds, "A little birdie told me yesterday what would arrive today. I must say, I'm impressed with your friends and your convictions. You seem to have a plan and the means to make it happen. I would offer my help, but I'm not sure what I can do."

Peter makes us laugh as he says, "You can bring your wife around to cook for us more often."

Everyone got a good laugh out of that. With me at work, all crisis averted, and not much else to do, both sets of parents decided they had done all they needed to. They were satisfied that all was well and safe to go home. After many hugs and kisses, they did go home.

I have surgery later once they decide what they want me to do. They know there's an issue, but it's not apparent what the problem is. Sounds like I will open the patient and see what I find.

Nope, I just got paged; I need to do an ER surgery immediately.

I say goodbye to everyone and run to the OR, where I will start scrubbing in.

I'm used to doing three to four surgeries a day in Kansas City, so two is no big deal, although that will be rare around here. It made my day go by faster.

+++++

Three months later, Jim comes out to see us in person. I had been doing video conferences with him occasionally, so this is unusual. This afternoon, only an emergency surgery will interrupt me. Both Beth and Cara know that Jim is here, so, at 1:00 PM, they both come through the door, causing Jim to smile.

Jim laughs and shakes his head slowly at seeing my girlfriends. "Peter, Peter, Peter. When will you make one of these wonderful women an honest woman?"

Both women blush a bit. They have both been hinting at precisely that same thing.

I put Jim on the spot, "Which one do I marry? Which one do you tell, 'You're not good enough?' Come on, Jim. What do I do?"

Jim is now stuck; who does he make mad.

Thinking he's smart, he answers, "Marry the one you love."

I laugh out loud at him, "You should be a politician! Sorry. That doesn't work. Their both amazing women. Beth has points that make her stand out, and Cara has just as many in other areas, and they both have a ton where they're equal."

Jim gets smart, "I'll ask my wife."

After we stop laughing, Jim asks seriously, "I'm about to write some big checks. I wanted to come here and see if you really want...."

I cut him off mid-sentence, "I'm doing this with or without you. It's too important to the people who want to be nurses, their families, and the facilities that hire those wonderful people. I still have legal hurdles. They're going to come at me much harder. Even after we have a class, they will find stats that show my students are worse than theirs. They will do anything to bury me deep."

Jim smiles at me, "I thought you felt that way. I'm all in as well. I give away a lot of money, and this is one that I'll be the proudest of. I'm not saying the other organizations aren't worthy, only that this one has touched my heart. My people fought to get on this project. The site and the screens look amazing now. They added many features, making it a rich environment conducive to learning.

"We will use this system to teach many other professions at my university. The teacher's unions will flip out, but rather than instructors, we've found that we need a more skilled help desk; no, that's not the right word. We need teachers with experience that can assist confused students and lead online group conversations. There will be fewer faculty, but almost the same number will be needed to assist the program, and they can work from home to provide more one-on-one focused help. The future of teaching is online. The future for teachers will be more focused and one-on-one."

He's smiling big as he says, "We will change higher education. Everyone will be using our system or one like it. They will be quick to copy. I'll keep it cheap to keep competition out."

After a short pause, he can't help smiling, "You haven't asked why I'm here?"

I giggle, "What, I'm not enough?"

Beth and Cara slug me playfully.

Jim grins, "We break ground tomorrow."

Beth, Cara, and I scream, "WHAT!?"

He hides his massive grin as he says, "I'll sign a check at 9:00 tomorrow morning, and they will break ground at both locations tomorrow morning. The mayor is giving me the key to the city because I'm investing so much money in this town."

Jim brings out a laptop, connects it to our overhead, and shows an artist's rendering of the school, the dorms, and the staff housing. That was all cool stuff. The dorms are spacious, the accommodation was terrific, and the two penthouse spaces were unbelievable. They're both luxurious, spacious, and have many floor-to-ceiling windows. The balcony is big enough for a BBQ and a large round table with eight chairs.

Breathtaking is the only word that gives it justice.

Cara yells out, "Wait! Go back. Is that .... What is that?"

Jim can't stop laughing, "Great eye Cara. We're calling it a Jack-and-Jill bedroom."

He can tell that we clearly have no idea what he's talking about.

Jim spells it out, "Peter's bedroom is at the end of the hallway. On both sides is a large master suite washroom. Both have large showers, while one has a hot tub and the other has three four-claw bathtubs. Each washroom leads to another bedroom. Both bedrooms have a door to the washroom and the hallway. You then have another washroom followed by another bedroom leading away from each bedroom.

"Think guest bedroom, washroom, wife's bedroom, corner washroom, Peter's bedroom, corner washroom, second wife's bedroom, washroom, and another guest bedroom."

Beth asks with a hesitation, "Which one is mine, and which is for the wife?"

Jim chuckles, "You and Cara decide who gets which bedroom. If Peter is stupid, he labels one as his wife. I suspect he tells you their both labeled wife. A guest bedroom could become a child's bedroom, and a wife can share Peter's bed while parents use your bed."

Beth looks at me, "Cara and I will talk about this. I'm not saying no. I think this could work. We need to discuss this first, between us."

Jim offers, "I have three alternate floorplans; this is the one my wife selected. Like Peter, I didn't want to make that decision. Since we agree, for now, I need to run. The mayor wants me to stop by for photos. I'm strongarming him to improve your airport. This place will become popular; we need a bigger runway for bigger aircraft like my small Boeing and some small commercial aircraft. More than crop-dusters will be flying in here from now on."

We all shake hands and then sit as Jim takes off.

I start, "I'm sorry. This really isn't fair to either one of you. I do love you both, and both of you are amazing people. You know this, it's why you're best friends. Are either of you willing to be a second fiddle and sit aside for your friend?"

Beth is first, "I love Cara; she's an amazing person. I'm not in love with her like I'm in love with you. I like sex with men only. I did an experiment in school, and it didn't do much for me, other than I got orgasms. I can do that myself."

Cara nods her head yes, "I agree with Beth on almost everything. The difference is if you told us you would leave both of us if we didn't decide, I would give in to keep you in my life. I can't live without you. It would destroy me but having even a little of you is better than none of you."

Beth is in tears, "I hear what you're saying, and I agree, it's better to have some of you than none of you."

I guiltily ask, "Is it better to share, or must I pick one? Both of you have captured my heart. I miss Ariel, but she would kick my ass if I sat at home all night mourning her. She loved me as much as I loved her. She would want me to live a full and happy life. My problem is that you're both amazing young, intelligent, and sexy women."

My phone goes off. Shit, ER, head trauma, immediately!

As I'm running out of the conference room, "ER. Head Trauma. Bye." They both understood immediately."

Chapter 14 - 2 for 2

It's eight weeks later. There has been legal correspondence, court orders, and a summons to appear in court. Jim took care of everything. Mom lost her lawsuit as they expected, and she decided to retire. The same will happen to dad soon. She's already looking at building a home out here. She wants to be near me, future grandchildren, and the school. She will be doing something, probably as a volunteer, so she can travel more.

I am currently in my office reviewing a patient chart that is getting a stint inserted tomorrow. We don't have a cardiologist, so I do it. I'm checking my game plan, so I know exactly what I will do.

There is a knock on my door, and then it opens. Only Beth and Cara do that. Beth comes in with a huge smile. I can see another nurse behind her, but I'm not sure who it is. Do we have a nurse with long, brown, curly hair? What is she up to?

Beth turns around and drags Kate into my office. She's blushing and smiling. Her nipples are huge! Their tenting her scrubs. I know this lady; it's Kate. What is she...? Then it hit me.

I burst from my chair and embraced her in a huge hug. She's laughing, crying, and very excited as she kisses me on the lips. That caused a deeper blush and a comment from Beth.

Beth sounds serious as she says, "I wanted you to thank Peter, not try to steal him from me."

Everything stopped for a good ten seconds. It seemed more like ten minutes of uncomfortable staring.

Beth ends it by hugging Kate and happily saying, "I'm very proud of you, Kate. Your dreams are going to come true now."

This morning, she took the test and passed with an 88%, which is well above her previous best of 53%. HR transferred her immediately, and she will finish her day as a nurse. It's easy to see how happy this woman is. While she is there, I dial Jim, then set my phone down.

Jim answers, "Hi, Peter. I'm in a board meeting; this needs to be quick."

I point at Kate, and she says, "Hi, Jim. This is Kate, the nursing test triple loser. I just passed my test! Thirty-five points better than my previous best score."

All we hear is a "Yaaaaaahhhhhhooooooooo!!!!!" on the phone.

Jim is exceptionally excited two seconds later, "That's awesome news, Kate. THANK YOU for calling. YOU just validated the whole program. Not enough data, but damn, that's good to hear!"

We then heard him tell his board of directors the news, and they all applauded.

Jim comes back, "Thank you, my dear. That's excellent news. I have to run. Bye! YAHOOOOO!" Click.

I comment, "This is great news."

+++++

It's the next day, and I'm entirely drained in my office. The stint that I planned yesterday turned into open-heart surgery. It's 4:00, and I'm wiped out. I'm full of sweat, and my head is in my hands as I listen to my classical music that helps me calm down.

Beth knocks on the door. I wonder if Pearls passed her nursing test as well. I receive a kiss on my cheek, a giggle on my other side, and then my head is smashed in between two mountains. This is my first time touching the mountains. My, oh, my, they are fantastic. I don't love their owner, but I can appreciate two massive breasts. I know I'm smiling too much because Beth says, "I'm over here, you know."

I should only smile at the situation, but I say, "I didn't ask for this. I'm the victim here."

Beth walks out, "Victim, my ass."

Pearls move away from me, "Sorry. I'll talk to her, or she will ignore you for a month."

As I pick up my phone, I say, "Let's see how she handles it. This is a learning opportunity for me."

Pearls say, "Thirty-eight points better, ninety-two."

Jim answers, "More good news Peter?"

I happily reply, "We're two for two now. Pearls got a ninety-two percent and were up thirty-eight points."

Jim sounds excited as he says, "Sometime after the first of the year, the school will start advertising us as an option in inner-city schools. We're looking for good students in bad neighborhoods who want to be nurses. The buildings will be done around May or so." I hear Jim's name gets called. "Sorry, got to run. Bye, Peter!"

I look at Pearl, and she's thrilled, "You're not dressed? Starting tomorrow?"

Pearls say, "I owe it to them to give a two-week notice. They've been good to me, so I don't want any enemies in a small town. Kate already worked here; she was lucky."

I reply, "You're a good woman, Pearls."

The smile on her face is fantastic. She has tears in her eyes because her dreams are finally coming true. I'm happy for her.

Unfortunately, Beth really was upset. That meant that Cara would also be upset with me. They won't spend time with me and walk away when I walk near them. They won't respond to my text messages. That starts a dark time in my life. As my depression sets in on me from losing the two women I love, I'm getting closer and closer to the one-year anniversary of my life's implosion. My mood is somber and tear-filled.

I stay in my office or my apartment, rarely going out. What's worse, nobody cares. I've done a bunch of my surgeries, and Jim has the website looking awesome. I don't even watch the construction anymore. Lunch is by myself again, in a corner, alone. The hospital is busy now due to my extra patients and all the work going on. More people equal more needs, and many people are building the three buildings. They did upgrade the airport, and we now have a traffic light in town.

After another brain-numbing lunch, my feet take me to HR. They're busy trying to hire more people.

Tala stops her conversation as she's curious about me. I reach out my fist, palm down to her. She cups both hands below my hand. I open my hand, and my ID badge drops into her hand. Instantly, there are tears in her eyes, but she can't talk.

I have no clue if this is permanent, so I say, "This isn't working. I need to go. Thank you for all you've done."

I turn around and walk out. I walk out of the building. Everyone looks at me, yet nobody tries to stop me. Did I lock my room? I don't care. I get in my car, and rather than driving east, I go north. I came from the east; I need to go north.

+++++

Tala's point of view:

Arggggg. It took ten minutes to find Julie, so I could go after Peter. I'm afraid of what he might do. He looked dreadful. Those bitches sure messed him up. I run down the hallway, trying to follow his footsteps back to his apartment. I almost knocked Beth over when she came out of her office to investigate the noise. I ignore her and continue running.

At the ER entrance, I stop to ask Kate, "Did Peter go past here in the last few minutes?"

Kate looks startled, "No. Why? What's wrong? You look worried."

I show her his badge, "He said he was leaving."

Kate is an intelligent girl. She works in the ER now as a nurse at the front desk. She's training the new girl and triaging patients. She pushes the new girl aside, picks up the phone, and dials a code.

I then hear Kate's voice over the PA system, "There is a delivery at the ER entrance for Peter Chapman. Could someone please call us with his location?"

Dummy me, I call Peter's cell phone. It goes to voicemail, so I leave him a message to contact me. I start calling everyone I know. When Beth and Cara say they have not seen him, I hang upon them. I am pissed at them and incredibly sad.

The phone rings, and Kate answers excitedly, "Hello!"

"I saw him walk out the side door. He was on his way to the parking lot," says a deep voice over the speakerphone.

Kate asks, "Did he have any suitcases or clothes with him?"

"I didn't see anything. He was just slowly walking. Sorry," says the voice before he hangs up.

Cara comes around the corner, not knowing the conversations.

One look at her, and I'm furious, "Fuck you!"

I stomp out of the ER, go across the street, into Peter's apartment, and look through his house. His clothes are here, his shaver, his toothbrush, his laundry, a few dirty dishes, and a roast is defrosting on the counter.

Roast goes back in the refrigerator, then I sit in the living room, waiting for him to return. I can't imagine what's ticked him off today, but I know those two have been very dumb lately. Pearls does one thing, he smiles, and they condemn him for life. Utter stupidity.

As the evening goes on, I make myself a sandwich and do his laundry and the dishes. I need to do something to distract myself. Laundry and dishes are about all I can handle.

I hear a text message. I rush to my phone.

Pearls: You're not home. Where r u

Me: Peters

Two minutes later, as expected, Pearls walks in. No knock just walks in.

Pearls ask, "You're not answering your phone?"

Smugly, I reply, "Not for Beth or Cara. This is their fault."

Pearls want to say something.

I stop her by saying in a tearful voice, "Remember when Peter started? That's what he looked like today as he handed me his ID badge."

Pearls screams, "He what?"

I show it to her. I won't let go.

Pearls ask, "Who's doing ...."

I finish her sentence, "They shut down the OR. All surgeries will have to be shipped out."

I'm crying as Pearls is texting. Right now, I don't care who she's texting. She lives with Cara, that's my guess. Sure enough, a few minutes later and Cara walks through the door. She looks around as if we would lie to her.

I won't talk to Cara, so Pearls does it for me, "Peter gave her his badge, said he had to go, and someone saw him walking to the parking lot. He has no clothes, shaving kit, toothbrush, nothing. He left a roast on the counter with laundry and dishes to do. They're done already. Tala's been here, and he hasn't returned."

I see Cara dialing her phone, it's only three digits long, and two are the same.

I hear Cara say, "I would like to report a missing person. He's depressed and acting irrationally. His name is Peter Chapman."

Typically, you get the run-around; they can't do anything for forty-eight hours. Now when Peter is involved. He's been a windfall for the town, their golden goose. Both the sheriff and deputy are here to interview us.

The sheriff steps into the kitchen and makes a call, "Hey Tim, Sheriff Fred here from Ness City. We have a missing golden goose that should be coming your way on 70 or 96. Could you do me a favor and put up a drunk driver test point. I'm looking for a Doctor Peter Chapman, he's a surgeon.

"No drugs, abuse, or weapons, just a depressed guy that might be a threat to himself. They say he's the best in the state if you ever need his type of work. Yeah. OK. Un-huh. Thanks, I owe you one."

Tim says, "He's probably going home. They will catch him in the sobriety line when they run his plates. I'll let you know when they find him. There's nothing else to do. How about you all go home, and we lock the place up." None of us moved. "Ladies. I wasn't asking."

I can take a hint.

There was lots of good planning and intentions. However, Peter traveled north to interstate 80 in Nebraska and then traveled east to Omaha, where he stopped to see his friend Tim and his wife. Tim knew in their conversations that Peter was on the verge of a meltdown and invited him to stop by. Jim had done his homework on Peter. He knew that it was the one-year anniversary of his wife and child's death in two days.

Tim will see the pain in Peter's face as he will walk into his house. Every day he has thanked his lucky stars for Peter. Otherwise, he would be in the same condition as this poor man. Tim also knew that Peter being with him will leave the hospital short a surgeon. Tim hires a surgeon to help out the hospital.

At that moment, Terry, a hotshot surgeon from Chicago, is passing a drunk driver police stop coming from the west. Most drunks comes from the east. This struck him as odd as he's just passed through Topeka on his way to some no-name town called Ness City.

He didn't care. One surgery a day for big money, he would have plenty of time to chase nurses. Life is good. Only three more hours of driving. He stops for gas and dinner in a terrible truck stop. Terry is starting to question this idea; there won't be any of the great Chicago restaurants. The best they have will probably be KFC. Ugh. He was never told how long he would be here. Oh well.