Music and a Wayward Elf

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Another right answer from my gorgeous date."

The dinner Trisha made for them was impressive, and Cait appeared wowed by all of it. Gia was falling for the funny, anxious, and talented woman.

"How did you become an elf?" Caitlyn asked after their superb main course.

"I have a friend from back home who recommended it when I said I was looking for a second job over the holidays. It's been fun."

"Why a second job?"

"I don't want to have a roommate again. So, I wanted to save up for a good down payment on a car. The engine in my old one grenaded itself after two hundred and fifty thousand miles. I've never had a new car. I'm just waiting for the market to calm down." Gia explained.

"It would be nice to get my center console fixed, but the chip shortage has made that untenable for a while." Cait commiserated. "Did you always want to go into marketing?"

"I wanted to go into art, but I didn't have the courage. I wanted to do something practical if tangential. Digital design isn't illustration, but it's a good day job." Last night when Gia got home from Caitlyn's, she had been inspired to pull out her tablet and do some serious drawing based on the music her date had let her listen to.

"Do you still feed your passion?"

"I... I do. Your music yesterday put an idea in my head." Gia grabbed her tablet out of her bag. "This is what I saw when I heard your theme song yesterday." The scene depicted an elegant tall woman in motion with a pair of swords flowing around an intimidating monstrous dragon. Companions were all dressed in bright colors that were in brilliant contrast to the dark grey creatures they were fending off.

"Whoa, you did this in one evening?" Cait's eyes got wide as she looked at the tablet. "You got all this from my song?" A broad smile emerged as the awe was worn away by understanding.

"Uh-huh."

"You have a real talent. This is extraordinary, GG." Her eyes flitted from detail to detail as she took the whole thing in.

"Thank you. That means a lot coming from the great Caitlyn Quay."

Gia took care of the bill after thanking Chris and Trisha profusely. Caitlyn grabbed her hand as they exited the secluded café. Snow was falling in large, lazy flakes. Even through gloves, the feeling of Cait's hand in her own was incredible.

"Do you need to get home, or can you burn off a few calories so I can show you my favorite park? I love how quiet it gets out in the snow." Caitlyn asked as they reached an intersection. The park was a dozen blocks from Cait's apartment. Even though it was snowing, the wind was calm, and the night chill wasn't bitingly cold.

"I have an early morning, but I don't want to miss a moment of my Cait time. I still have several hours to catch a train." Gia started walking in the direction Caitlyn had pointed.

"Good answer."

Stories and quiet conversations continued to flow as they basked in each other's company. The park had a little Christmas market with a handful of food stands. Caitlyn procured a pair of hot chocolates as they walked. They stopped on a bridge that went over the small pond. The lack of wind and gentle snow reflected lights from the pond romantically.

Cait turned toward her and started to lean down, and a first kiss seemed inevitable. "Wait..." Gia whispered quietly. Her date pulled back and suddenly looked hurt. "Believe me, I'm feeling this, Caitlyn, but not until I finish my wrapping. I know you already paid and everything, but the job's not done until the presents are delivered."

"A woman of convictions." Cait gave an exasperated sigh but smiled. "Stop getting more attractive! It's not fair."

"I've gotta keep up with my date." Gia winked with a smirk.

"Handholding is still fine?"

"Don't stop that, please."

"Second date?"

"I'm busy with the elves through Saturday." Gia felt bad. She needed more Cait in her life.

"You're free Sunday, is what I'm hearing, right?"

"I have brunch and shopping with my mom, but I'm free in the evening."

"Perfect. There is a tree lighting here, and it's the first night of Hanukkah. Why don't you come to join me on this bridge again? They're going to light a menorah too."

"It sounds good, but Hanukkah isn't a big deal for me anymore." Gia tried to wave the thought away.

"I want to date all of you, GG. It was something important to you before."

"So was Christmas." Gia looked away as she winced.

"I need to get you in the holiday spirit again. Oh! Can I be the ghost of Christmas and Hannukah present!?" Caitlyn smiled.

Caitlyn -- Sunday evening

How will I finally tell my family I'm dating a woman? Cait felt like she was staring into the sun, daring a panic attack to come claim her before her second date with a pretty young woman that had already taken so much of her headroom. She was smart, funny, and the way the girl filled out a dress was incredible. If we start dating, there is no way I'm running away this time.

How did she know what the storyboard inspiration for my song was? Cat was still marveling over Gia's artistic flair almost a week later. I didn't leave out any of the materials. The artistic representation wasn't perfect, but that was more down to personal style than anything else.

Caitlyn's anxiety levels had been surprisingly low all week. It still gnawed at her silently, but she hadn't ceded control to the beast that threatened to quash all positive spirits. A visit with her therapist on Tuesday helped, and so did admitting to the woman that she was dating someone new. It had been the first time she had been able to disclose to anyone outside a close circle of friends that she was dating a woman.

Gia made a video call every night save Friday to catch up with Cait. It was almost ten o'clock when the call came in each night, and twice, G had fallen asleep before disconnecting the call. The poor girl was pushing herself so hard but still taking the time to connect with her new girlfriend. On Friday, Gia could only text between clients at the workshop.

Using her towel to clear the fog from the mirror, Caitlyn studied herself. She was an objectively beautiful woman; her looks never drove off potential suitors. Cowardice had been the end of every lesbian relationship. This week, a good chunk of her therapy time had been spent role-playing a discussion with her parents. I'll come out to my family soon if this goes any further.

Cait took a moment to practice what she would say to her new girlfriend. Gia wanted to make it official but was still waiting for the end of her elf job. She couldn't get to Caitlyn's gift wrapping until Christmas Eve. Her gift haul was kept at the Wayward Elves workshop in a secure room that might as well be a vault to hear Gia explain it. The wrapping was strictly planned and done in the order that the presents were needed. Caitlyn had thought about calling in and requesting an earlier present delivery but was afraid that would make her seem desperate.

I am kind of desperate. Cat shrugged at her image. It had been months since she had any sexual contact with another. That part of her relationships was always important and typically excellent. Sex was the best part of her and her ex-husband's marriage. Christmas Eve is so far away.

Even if Gia wouldn't see it, Caitlyn selected her sexiest bra and panties. She would feel more confident tonight in her dark blue set. A pair of tight jeans showed off a running and squat-toned ass that Cait thought was her best physical attribute. She would go dress again, but tonight was going to be colder than the previous date, especially since they would be spending the evening outdoors. I wonder if she'll want to go skating with me.

No sooner had Cat gotten on her sweater and pulled on a pair of boots when a light knock burst joyfully from the front door. Cait wanted to run to the door but took one last deep breath before answering the sexy solicitor. Don't fall too quick. She tried to warn herself, but it was too late.

Bundled up in a long red coat and wool cap, Gia was gorgeous. Unlike Cait's boots, G's had high heels that boosted her short stature considerably. The best part of her stunning outfit was the broad smile. The glossy mirror finish on her lips was begging to be kissed.

"You look fantastic!" Caitlyn motioned for the elf to come into her apartment.

"You aren't exactly hideous. Those jeans on your butt, girl..." Gia trailed off as she stared. "It makes me want to take a bite. Stupid moral need to wait until your presents are wrapped!"

They got to the park while it was still light. A tiny bit of anxiety tried to creep out as it was far more crowded than it had been for her morning run. Her therapist had been asking Cait to get out and be more social. She wanted it to act like some exposure therapy since a medication change. Her jittery nature wouldn't ever subside, but there was potent growth since the divorce.

"Do you skate?" Caitlyn pointed out the rink that had taken over a soccer practice field since the day after Halloween. The pond became a skating surface in some years, but it was only starting to freeze for the season.

"I haven't, but I'm not going to say no. We all have to do things that scare us every now and then." Gia stuck out her hand to grab Cait's and gave a reassuring squeeze. They wandered toward the skate rental. "Admit it, you just want an excuse to hold my hand."

"I might be too transparent."

"You may have to catch me. Just help me keep from getting too bruised up."

"I'll do my best. You are a little top-heavy." Caitlyn winked at her.

"I have a big butt to counterbalance and a low center of gravity." Gia's attempt to look offended wasn't helped by her giggling.

"It's a very nice big butt if that helps."

The petite young woman only fell once on the ice, though she had managed to pull Cait down with her that time. They were both laughing loudly as they got a few stares. The attention had little impact on Caitlyn as the girl holding her hand had her distracted. It felt nice to push her typical anxious mind to the background and live in the moment for one night.

They turned in their skates as the sun went down. It left them enough time to get hot chocolate and stake out a great position in the middle of the bridge where they had almost kissed earlier in the week. The night was getting colder as the stars came out, barely visible over the light pollution. It gave the girls an excuse to get cozier with one another. The crowd density seemed to be picking up as the big event approached.

"Your family did Christmas and Hannukah?" Caitlyn asked as the festive light-up menorah became the park's focus, loaded with people.

This was the biggest crowd Cait had been in for years. It wasn't that the masses themselves made her nervous, but she had a frequent fear of having a panic attack in public and not being able to escape the sea of people. With Gia in her arms, she wasn't going anywhere.

"Yeah, we didn't do Hannukah presents like some families do. It was more solemn and connected me with my mother's traditions. My dad never participated in the nightly lighting, though he did learn to make latkes." Gia snuggled back into Cait's embrace. The warm young woman felt perfect in her arms.

"Did you play dreidel?"

"Only when I was pretty young before my maternal grandfather passed. I always managed to pick up a lot of gelt."

"Gelt?" Caitlyn was unfamiliar with the term. Her use of context clues wasn't helping.

"Chocolate coins. I was a rather hyper little girl, and the chocolate probably didn't help."

"Did you have cousins to play dreidel with?"

"No, my mom was an only child too. I have cousins, but they all live in England and Italy. I only met a few of them in person. I want to go across the pond sometime to see them and my grandparents. Do you like to travel?" Gia questioned as the base of the menorah, emblazoned with a Star of David, illuminated.

"Planned travel, yes." Cait nervously clutched Gia close, and her girlfriend returned a reassuring grip on her hands. "I get a little obsessive with having everything prepared. It helps me control my anxiety."

"Good, it would help balance me. I'm more of a go where the wind blows type."

A low chant started in the crowd. It was in Hebrew, and Cait couldn't follow along, but Gia joined in the chant. I feel Hannukah is a bigger deal for this woman than she admits. Caitlyn thought as she listened to the prayer. A man with a long candle stepped up to the Menorah and lit the first candle. Huh, I thought it would be a LED light-up flame. She mused as the display flickered with fire.

"You're going to teach me that if you stick around." Caitlyn near whispered as the crowd got quiet after the lighting.

"Okay, I can't believe I still remember," Gia replied.

The crowd turned their focus toward the Christmas tree as a group of finely dressed individuals moved close to it. In a similar way that the prayer had suffused through the crowd, a round of O Christmas Tree formed. Several of the singers were singing O Tannenbaum instead. Caitlyn felt her voice joining the chorus, as well as Gia's.

There was an audible thock! as the switch was thrown and the tree illuminated in white lights, joining the symphony of holiday colors, lending a romantic feel to the evening. Cait wasn't expecting the firework show blooming over the now-frozen pond. The display was somehow more vibrant than expected in the cold, clear air of wintery evening. Reds, greens, silvers, blues, and golds illuminated the sky for a few moments.

In her arms, Gia spun around to face Caitlyn. She put her arms around Cait's neck and pulled her down just a little to meet her lips. The bright, clear fireworks around them had nothing on that single kiss's titanic blast of energy and passion. Cait pulled the elf closer and was embraced in kind. Their tongues did battle, the peppermint and chocolate a tasty accent to the sudden crescendo of a guitar blaring in Cat's head.

Rock, Gia is undoubtedly rock music. Caitlyn doubted she would be able to clear the smile from her face for some time.

"Wow... Sorry, Kitty. I just got wrapped up in the romance." Gia had a beaming grin on her ruby lips.

"Crap, I do like you calling me Kitty." Caitlyn looked away for an instant as she blushed. "Never apologize for that, though." She tried to look severe but couldn't help a foolish grin. "Is kissing you always like that?"

"The fireworks? The lightning strike of passion?" Gia fluttered her long eyelashes innocently. "I've never been on the other side of it, but I think that takes both of us."

"Then why are you sorry?"

"Cause I'm not going to be able to see you the rest of the week, and I just made the wait harder." Her grin became a smirk. "I got wrapped up in the moment. We still have to wait until I get your presents wrapped." The elf giggled as she spun back around to watch the tail end of the grand finale.

"We'll talk over video. If you're at the end of the wait... worth it," Caitlyn said with all sincerity as she embraced the vixen.

Gia -- Christmas Eve

Gia's Christmas plans with her friends had fallen apart. Kendrick met someone who would doubtlessly be his husband and was flying across the country to meet the man's family. Once the foundation of the friends' Christmas had faltered, the whole structure collapsed. That would be a worry for tomorrow, but it wasn't like she had never spent a holiday alone.

Neither parent had wanted anything to do with what had been their daughter's favorite season. Working retail during college had not fostered what was left of any holiday spirit she had left. Gia's ex-wife put up a Christmas tree, but that was the extent of her love of the season. Hannukah wasn't even mentioned.

In one night, Caitlyn had her reciting Hebrew for the Hannukah prayer her mother taught her and singing Christmas carols. Her new girlfriend had overcome a decade of ill feelings toward the chilly winter season. That was all before the earth-shaking, ground-quaking, heart-stopping kiss. It never felt like that before.

Pulling up in the Wayward Elves Sleigh Three, a name they had given the small fleet of rented delivery vans, Gia couldn't wait any longer to bring Caitlyn her presents. G had fallen hard for the remarkable young woman in only a couple of weeks. The kiss they had shared was more passionate than any she had remembered. To think, Tinsel tried to warn me away from Cait.

Gia could only get about half of Caitlyn's haul in the dolly-like crate she used for deliveries. Her plan had been to save Cait's delivery for last so she could spend the evening with the woman, but a pair of call-outs had turned her sedate day into a long one. G and Holly were the only ones delivering presents, and an influx of last-minute shoppers had their plates full.

Since she wouldn't be finished until late, Gia had tried to put off her visit to Caitlyn's as late as possible. She'd only made it a couple of hours before she couldn't wait any longer. I held her off for two weeks. That's long enough. A tiny fleck of lint was picked off her dress as she straightened her elf outfit before knocking.

"Gia!" Cait was excited as she opened the front door. "What a pleasant surprise! I wasn't expecting you until later." Her girlfriend had on a flour-covered green apron, and the smell of vanilla and fresh cookies wafted in the air.

"I was close and had to take the opportunity to see you." Only one other delivery would be out of order as Gia brought her girlfriend presents. "I gotta get one more load from the sleigh."

"Sleigh? I'm gonna be bummed if you're an actual elf and have to return to the North Pole after Christmas."

"It's not that exciting. It's a white panel van with a Wayward Elves magnet on the side." Gia started to unload her haul beneath Cait's little fake Christmas tree.

"I'm glad you wrapped these. This's beautiful!" Caitlyn helped unload but got stuck as she stared proudly at the first gift.

"Thanks, I've spent a lot of time wrapping this year. I had to learn something, right?" Gia tried to stay humble. She had taken extra time wrapping Cait's presents last night. G wanted to impress the beauty as much as she impressed her.

A timer buzzed and drew Caitlyn off to the kitchen. Gia took a moment to stare at Cait's ass as she bent down to take a sheet of cookies from the oven.

"That smells good. What are you baking?"

"I got sugar cookies this year."

"This year?" Gia placed the last present under the tree and wheeled the dolly back toward the front door.

"We put cookie types in a hat and draw them at Thanksgiving. With a big family, a little coordination is essential. Each of us brings a few dozen of the cookies they bake. It leaves us with quite the spread every year."

"They smell delightful."

"They're delicious. You can help me decorate them later if you want."

"I gotta go get one more load of presents. I'd kiss you now, but flour wouldn't look good on my uniform." Gia pranced over and planted a little peck on Cait's cheek while she was concentrating on cutting out more cookies. "Maybe a little one." She retreated before Cat could get flour on her.

Tell her you won't make it back tonight. Gia kicked herself a little as she went to get the last of the presents. There was a delivery parking space in front of the building, but she couldn't tarry long unless she wanted to get the van ticketed or worse.

When she returned to the apartment, she wasn't surprised to see that Caitlyn had hung the apron on a hook while waiting for Gia's return.

"That's the last of them." G had been silent as she unloaded the gifts.

"I'm no longer your client?" Cait had a hopeful smile as she leaned against the back of her couch.

123456...9