My Alpha Mate Ch. 01

Story Info
Do soulmates really exist?
1.5k words
4.12
6.1k
8
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
E5450
E5450
5 Followers

Hello everyone. First story here so please go easy on me. And I would really appreciate all your feedbacks. Thankyou.

*Beep Beep Beep

The alarm sounded at seven in the morning waking me up from my slumber. I turn off my alarm and lay there in a daze for a few minutes before I get up to freshen up. I go to the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror -- black shoulder length hair in a mess, slightly puffy face from just waking up, wheat colored skin with big black eyes and full lips.

"Damn, I look ugly" is what I think.

I take a cold bath to wake myself up completely and do my skincare as usual. Then I go to my room and open my windows as I appreciate the sunny morning. I can see a few people passing by jogging or walking their dogs. "What a peaceful day." -- I think as I make my way to the kitchen to make breakfast. As I am eating a sandwich, I look for my phone that lay forgotten on my bedside that kept ringing with a remainder "Interview at 10 AM"

"Sh*t, I forgot" is all I could think about before I stuffed my sandwich and dashed to the closet. Thank goodness I had my suit ready when the interview was previously scheduled. I dressed up in a white blouse, black formal trouser, and peachy pumps. I applied some nude makeup, picked up my bag and headed for the company. It was about 9 am when I hailed a taxi and would take 40 minutes to reach the company from my apartment.

As I sit there looking out of the window, I start thinking back on my life. It's been four months since I graduated from with a Bachelors in Computer Science. I have been involved in programming since I was in college and trying to build a career out of it. I have always been a good kid. Getting good grades from school to college, never getting into troubles, being somewhat popular with the guys with my waist length hair, 5"2' height and skinny figure though not without meat where necessary. They said it was cute and sexy at the same time. "You should look at my puffy face with no makeup and messed up hair then" is what I would think and internally rolled my eyes. It was after I graduated that I chopped off my waist length hair as I was too lazy to take care of it.

But no matter how popular or smart I was, I was never a social person. The number of friends I have can be counted in a finger, I didn't go out partying, and liked to spend my time quietly reading novels or watching movies. And that is why I am still single at the age of 24 and still a virgin. It's not like I have never liked a guy or wanted to date but I would always lose interest sometime later. It was like I was missing something, I could feel no connection to them, if there is even such a thing. I smile and think - "I guess I will be an old cat lady then."

The ringing of my phone gets me out of my thoughts. I pick up my phone only to hear a loud roar from the other end of the line from my only best friend from college -- Elizabeth Johnson.

"Raven Miller! Don't tell me you forgot your interview again?!!"

"Heyy! It was only once that I missed my interview, okay? And that's also because you got me drunk the day before in the name of celebration for a job that I didn't get. So please don't remind me of that every time I have an interview"

"Oh pleaseee! Who am I getting worried for here? Are you on your way?"

"Yea, I will be there in a few minutes now"

"Ok call me when you are done. Let's have lunch together"

"ok"

"And good luck for the interview! Hope I can hear good news this time *laughs*"

"*smile* yea, I would be free of your all time rambling then"

"haha, oh you don't know how lucky you are to have a goddess like me as a friend. hmph"

"ok goddess, I am here now so talk to you later"

I smile as I hang up the phone. Getting out of the taxi, I look at the building in front of me - "what a beautiful piece of architecture."

I look at the time and its 9:38 AM as I make my way into the building. I was made to wait outside the interview room with a few other candidates. I was getting nervous so I took my phone out to browse the internet and try to loosen up. The interview started exactly at 10. We were given coding tasks prior to the interview so the interview was fairly easy. So, by the time I was done, it was only half past 11 as I made my way out of the office building. On my way out, I called Elizabeth to make a lunch appointment at a nearby restaurant. I made my way there on foot as it was close by. When I got there, Eli was already there.

Beautiful as always, with her head full of red hair and blue eyes, full lips and pointy nose. Making men around her glance back at her from time to time. At the height of 5"5' and a curvy build, she looked pretty and cheerful just like her personality. And totally opposite to mine "how on earth did we become friends."

As soon as I get in, I see her waving and calling out to me

"hey Rae! *waves* here!!"

"I can see you alright haha" I say as I sit down opposite her.

"So how was it?"

"It was okay. They said they will reach out to me tomorrow with the results. This time I am having a good feeling."

"Then you will definitely get selected this time. You have good instincts."

"Well, I hope so. Have you ordered?"

"Yes, I have also ordered your favorite noodles. By the way, have you heard? Johnathan is back."

"hmm, Johnathan who?"

"Johnathan Adler. duh"

....

"Oh my god!!" Eli shrieks at my blank face.

"sshhh, Everyone's looking over"

"Are you living under a rock?!"

"Is he famous?"

"IS HE FAMOUS??!! HE IS MY IDOL!"

I want to roll my eyes at her exaggeration. "Your idols keep changing, how am I to know everyone?" I whisper as the waiter serves our dishes and we start eating and Eli keeps chattering.

"Ok never mind. Johnathan Adler is the heir to the Adler Organization. His family is rich and full of powerful politicians. He was very famous a few years back but he suddenly disappeared. There were rumors that he was either sick or dead but the family never clarified. But there was news a few days before that he went to some kind of training and is back now.

OMG he is such a private person that there are no pictures of him in the internet"

"If you haven't seen him then why are you drooling over him? (_)"

"ohh please! Us fan girls have our own ways of getting information" she continues excitedly "it's said that he is such a hunk. Hehe. Such a rich man and handsome too. Who wouldn't swoon over him? duh"

"Does your boyfriend know you are drooling over some other guy?"

"Oh, we broke up. I lost interest."

"(_)"

"Don't give me that face, I am going to search for my next love now. Let's go to the club later. I have already arranged everything so you can't deny."

"uughh... can I not go?"

"Nope"

"Ok. I will go home now and then meet with you later tonight then."

We discussed some other things and separated after the meal as I made way to my apartment.

I took a nap in the afternoon and got up at 7 to get ready to go out. The club we were hanging out was a high-end place so I choose to wear a black bodycon dress with high heels. I finished my look with wavy hair and nude makeup. At 9 PM, I got a call from Eli that she was going to pick me up and made our way to the club.

Looking at the hustle and bustle of the crowd from the car, I don't feel any kind of excitement. It was times like these that I feel so empty inside and envy my friend Eli for her continuous romances. "I wish I could do that too" I think as I sign to myself.

"Why are you sighing like an old lady?" asks Eli

"Because I feel like an old woman who doesn't even have a boyfriend."

"And whose fault is that? It's like you are searching for a soulmate rather than a boyfriend. I tried to hook you up so many times but you always reject."

"It's not the same."

"Yea right. I hope you find your soulmate tonight."

"Haha. I hope so too." I laugh it off and the car turns silent.

But what I didn't expect was that this would be the night that I would really meet my soulmate at a random club when I was least expecting it.

E5450
E5450
5 Followers