All Comments on 'My BFF is a Lesbian Ep. 07'

by Patchwork

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

That was definitely a bit of a step back. Bringing in multiple partners always ruins the dynamic. The notion that there'd be no jealousy between teenage girls isn't remotely realistic. Mary's taunts and denials are getting tiresome. She's getting to be quite unlikable. Her dismissal of Gabby was particularly cruel. I'm glad you appear to have directed the mother in a healthier direction. Her leering at her daughters friend had the waterskis pointing directly at the shark. I hope you get the ship righted in the next chapter. There will be a lot of hurt feelings to mend.

PatchworkPatchworkalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Hi, sorry you were disappointed with this instalment. I wanted to create a direction for Gabby that takes her away from Mary, who does not want what Gabby wants. I want Gabby to have to come to a decision and allow her to move on. I agree that there would be jealousy and Gabby was certainly hurt by Mary. But I would like to know your preferences for how you want this to develop. My current thinking is that Gabby is the heart of the story. She is growing in confidence about herself as a lesbian and will find new outlets for her desires. What do you think? Please let me have your feedback and I will build on that. Thank you for your interest in my stories. Px

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I have to agree. This is a misfire. The Molly scene is improbable and too porny. Mary is gross here. It really shouldn't even be in the lesbian category. The scene between Gabby and that guy read as rapey and unnecessary. I'll give the next chapter a shot, but I hope it gets back on track. Also, the mother isn't kind of cheating on her husband. She IS cheating on her husband. That shouldn't be downplayed. I can't say as I'm a big fan of that character though.

liz33ndliz33ndalmost 3 years ago

this chapter lacked a little, i was more excited with the first six, I hoped Emily would get seduced into the scene, but that flew away. i still gave it a 4 star, in hopes of a comeback chapter

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Yeah this is not lesbian sex. Emily sucks why would she do that?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I liked this story very much however, I have to agree that this last chapter was way off track. Having these young ladies get with guys is out of character as previously developed. It seems that the chapter should have concentrated on Gabby and Molly's relationship and left Mary out of the picture. Regarding Emily, I think that a solid chapter with Emily showing more interest in Gabby to the point of Gabby taking Emily to bed for some steamy sex with Emily showing Gabby many tricks that she can use with Molly and maybe other girls that Gabby seduces. Gabby could also find out in later chapters that Molly is actually having sex with one of the nuns or a teacher. Many ways to go, but do keep the story of Molly alive for many, many more chapters. It's simply lovely up to the last chapter. Write more lesbian scenes.

Lions86Lions86over 2 years ago

is there going to be more to this? seems like a weird place to end.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Agreed. What the hell happened to Mary!? I'm glad you didn't do the mother thing, but what's up with the guys? Please fix.

gopherdudegopherdudeover 2 years ago

This chapter was disappointing. It took such an odd turn after a good start. I liked the continuation with Molly and the tease that the story might take an arc that would have Mary and Gabby explore being "dirty" together. However, everything after that just seemed... off? Mary's cruel disregard for Gabby's feelings, the way she just callously dismissed Gabby in favor of a hookup with Finn and how easily she just pushed her towards Molly was confusing. Their relationship as BFFs and lovers seemed more substantial than that. Having Gabby fuck a guy? Wtf? By this point, she has embraced being a lesbian and hasn't expressed any interest in a cock since doing so. Suddenly having sex with Kieran seems out of character and comes out of nowhere. It would have made more sense to have her hookup with Molly and then delve into the consequences of her and Mary's actions.

You stated in a response to comments that you wanted to focus on Gabby and have her move on from Mary but this just seems counter to this story. The title, "My BFF is a Lesbian", insinuates a story that follows Mary AND Gabby as they comes to grips with Gabby's sexuality (and eventually Marys?) and their feelings towards each other. Phasing out Mary and focusing on Gabby seems like such an abrupt departure from that and a missed opportunity. We have watched Mary progress from being hesitant and unsure to loving Gabby as more than just a BFF and welcoming their sexual relationship. With her not having bought into the whole lesbian thing yet and her desire to experience sex with a guy, an arc that has Mary breaking away from Gabby and exploring her hetero side while Gabby moves on with Molly or others could be interesting. Have Gabby hook up with Emily during the work thing now that she and Mary are on different paths? Explore how this strains/ruins their friendship and how Mary begins to realize who she is and what she really wants and what she so callously tossed away?

There are many interesting arcs this story could take but no matter what avenue you pursue, Mary needs to play an integral role. This is her and Gabby's story. Keep up the good work and I look forward to your next installment.

PatchworkPatchworkover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you all for your continued interest in this story. I acknowledge that the last episode introduced some unexpected and ill-judged directions. I wanted this to be a launching-off point for the character of Gabby, whom I see as the more likeable. I saw the twist at the party as typical teenage curiosity and tried to handle the Kieran encounter as a kind of closure on Gabby's first fumbling explorations and her emerging confidence in her lesbian identity. She has feelings for Kieran, and he is good at heart, but she wants nothing more from their relationship than his friendship. I had planned to deal with Gabby's hurt feelings and see her move on as a fully identifying lesbian. I planned to avoid any connection with Emily but had ideas for a new crush with someone she meets during her work experience. I also wanted to prepare her for her university life. But I appreciate that readers were enjoying the Mary-Gabby dynamic and want that to continue. I will reflect and see how I can re-build the core story. But please do let me know what you would like to see in the comments here. Thank you all once again for your interest and feedback.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I enjoyed this chapter. It got a little dicey there for a minute with Kieran but the recovery was nice. I was kind of hoping that when Kieran was saying he 'loved her even as a friend, which means he would never want to hurt her', that she would let that sink in and realize that Mary isn't really that great but.... meh.

I would definitely like to see a Gabby-Molly thing happen but a work experience crush would be cool too! At this point the whole Mary thing is slowly becoming a toxic cycle I feel. I think Mary has some growing up to do before they can become an actual thing, if they do become one at all (It is called "My BFF is a lesbian", but it doesn't say I married her or anything 😉). Honestly I think she as to grow a person for them to even remain friends at this point

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No Mary? No thanks. Gabby is more likable, but any character is only as likable as the author allows. Why can't Mary grow? This chapter was a mess. The relationship between those two was what made this tale interesting. Molly, Emily and the boys are just poorly drawn distractions. I don't think either character works without the other. Please keep them together and have them work to repair and strengthen what they have.

ReesertonReesertonabout 2 years ago

You see the train wreck happening but there’s nothing you can do to prevent it…

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Please i need more chapter on this, i really want to know how it played out between mary and Gabby and also would really like a happy ending.....nice work

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPatchwork@Patchwork
Would love feedback on my stories. I'd love to correspond with men and women who share my interests. Also, I appreciate advice and suggestions from readers and other writers. I have also written a few request stories for people and found it a thrill.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES