All Comments on 'My Choice'

by 2wrongsandaright

Sort by:
  • 95 Comments
secretsalsecretsal3 months ago

Decent people all around dealing with tough decisions, almost messing it up, and coming up alright in the end? Which section of the site am I in again? Nice story, successfully did a switcharoo on most of the LW chestnuts, and did justice to all your characters.

mathur_nkmathur_nk3 months ago
A great story: can go as a councellors advice.

A great story: can go as a councellors advice.

payenbrantpayenbrant3 months ago

Very nice ending....his wife did a deplorable job of communicating with her husband. Basically telling him she was going to have sex with her ex. Such a good thing Robert was a true honorable man.

I would recommend counseling for our married couple because of how easily the wife was at throwing away the man she loved! Not taking into account his feelings at all. Truly do not see her making a good life partner at all if she could do what she did so easily.

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

5 stars

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594193 months ago

After reading I honestly don't know what to say about the story it's well written and I glad there was a 2nd part. I'm on the fence with my eyes closed letting chance decide....?!??

🙊🙉🙈💨🤷🧑‍🦯

JH4FunJH4Fun3 months ago
Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Your tale was much better than the first. I rated the first one a Good Read ⭐⭐⭐. I thought it was a decent tale for 750 words. I accepted that you cannot get into the details to create the imagery you normally do in your tales. The rating was not a knock on your writing or even the storyline. To me a Good Read ⭐⭐⭐ is a normal rating for a tale. It is always my starting point and usually where I end up after reading most tales.

This one was at the same Good Read ⭐⭐⭐ rating until page 3. The way you ended the tale was the emotional move for me taking the tale from Good Read ⭐⭐⭐ to the Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating I ended up giving the tale.

I really enjoyed consuming this one and I am looking forward to your future productions for our consumption. Thank you for taking the time to share your creations with us.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

Karn9Karn93 months ago

What a great wonderful written love story! 5*

BeBopper99BeBopper993 months ago

5***** Thank you for an emotional excellent story!

MightyheartMightyheart3 months ago

Beautiful Story.

Poignantly written.

Two good men.

5/5

SkubabillSkubabill3 months ago

This was a very good story, and I gave it five stars. Having said that, and being amongst the crowd calling for a sequel, I think I should admit I liked the original ending better,

jezzazjezzaz3 months ago

Finally a ‘back from the past’ story where the wife did the right thing.

Excellent. Full marks.

MormonJackMormonJack3 months ago

Thanks for the story! Gotta say, though, that I was troubled that she intended to "give herself" to Robert for a weekend, and then left. Sex or no, that was a betrayal. I suppose it was good that she didn't do the deed with Robert. But I credit Robert's integrity, not her integrity, that prevented a further betrayal.

Yep: a story of how 2 good guys made things right.

irinmikeirinmike3 months ago

Great story. Thanks for writing it.

Turning502019Turning5020193 months ago

She still left and she only changed her mind cause Robert was a good man

JRandyJJRandyJ3 months ago

Tom Hanks might be pissed that you took his story line, Good read but predictable.

Bronco56Bronco563 months ago

Excellent story. Very heartwarming.

5stars

GreyMatter46GreyMatter463 months ago

Happily Ever After. thanks

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now3 months ago

I like this ending ... :)

BlueFox007BlueFox0073 months ago

Beautiful, but she was prepared to cheat. She was rescued by her first love. Nice escape. I liked it.

5*

MaxiMilfMaxiMilf3 months ago

Great story. Thanks for a good read.

Regguy69Regguy693 months ago

MormonJack got it right, She fully intended to give herself to Robert and then break the news to him on Sunday. She even showed up without her rings. I can't help but think how devastated Robert would be on Sunday when he found out he had fucked Tom's wife all weekend! Both men are morally grounded and would have been severely harmed if she had carried out her plan. Selfish bitch just wanted to do what would make HER feel good about the situation. Fortunately, the men had balls enough to do the RIGHT thing not just the thing that felt good. It was a happy ending, but Tom should not feel too secure about his future.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc3 months ago

Great story from top to bottom! Great balance between narrative and dialogue. Captain Obvious has pointed out she expected ti cheat if pushed. So what. Life is like that with circumstances often sending us in directions we didn’t anticipate. That scene where Robert figures it out and leads her to do right makes the story feel more real for me. 4.7*

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper69893 months ago

Good story. you put the two together to create a better, and more complete story.

BlakkdannBlakkdann3 months ago

Wow. All parties acting like adults in believable roles. Very well done! 5 stars for sure.

AstordatairAstordatair3 months ago

Wow! A beautiful story!! 5* Thank you so much!

KRD19254KRD192543 months ago

Wonder if Rob got paid for 24/7 while in captivity, as well as all medical, and schooling? What was Rob's major?

\

The story went as I expected but it was nice they all did the right thing. The only miss is that Robert was referred to as 'Godfather' Robert.

\

5.5***** Hooyah, Salutes....

Rocky62Rocky623 months ago

Ok but a hostage has no point if you dont ransom them. 3 yesrs is a long time to do nothing

KoxokKoxok3 months ago

If my wife left, I wouldn’t want her back. She said her intentions from the start, with the usual “if you love me” BS. If she really loved Tom she wouldn’t even consider this line of action.

truthandjustice99truthandjustice993 months ago

Robert got royally screwed over like the POW from WW II and Vietnam They returned and found the women they thought were waiting for them moved on If they had kids sometimes had to go to court to get back their rights to be a parent and also 50 % of all monies that were joint Some women were sluts others just moved on sad

Robert need to sue the his employer for all monies owed

lujon2019lujon20193 months ago

"No, sweetheart, he's honoring our marriage and so am I. Please come down and call when you get close to the hotel."

/

/

Lying cunt

she took off her rings and planned to fuck him

she only backed out because Robert wasn't a piece of shit and refused her

she didnt choose to honor her marriage

ReadyOneReadyOne3 months ago

@secretsal Amen!

MsVanilla69MsVanilla693 months ago

Was a fun story sad it took the missing twist but things worked out in the end , even though it was a story line , she should have never gone she was pretty much newly married , have to know when to do smart things

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

She was going to sleep with robert....she can't be trusted.....3*

FlamethrowFlamethrow3 months ago

There was no way to meet Rob without creating a massive issue for Tom and it was good that she made the correct decision at the end.

beatman04beatman043 months ago

I wanted Robert and her to get back together.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu3 months ago

This was great.

But I seemed to firget what happened at the end of the original story. Was it a like this ending? I could maybe and read the furst story but if the ending is different from this then I won't ruin my impression of this beautiful sequel. Nice work @2wrongsandaright thanks.

2112literotica2112literotica3 months ago

Awesome story! 5++.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Just a story, but in reality it has always amazed me how women can go from one man to another as easily as changing buses.

CallmetrayCallmetray3 months ago

When she left she was cheating in her mind.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer3 months ago

So, basically a re-telling of the Tom Hanks movie, Castaway. Where a married Tom is in a plane that crashes, killing the others and leaving Tom on an island. After a few years, he builds a raft and sets off. Eventually a Tanker finds him and he returns home. Only to discover his wife has remarried after a few years because he had been declared dead. Except that when he approaches his wife at her home, he realises she has remarried and is happy, so no getting back together. Same story as this, really.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

More Romance than LW, but still a good one both ways. Wife with good reasons but not enough to make her behaviour acceptable: she choose her selfishness against her new husband. Interesting and twisted tale, well written and developed, with a good deal of realism. And since here we have rare realistic men, with values and morals (in total contrast to the unrealistic brainless and submissive husbands, starring in the typical fetish cuck tales), and a wife that in the end made the right choice, this lead to the inevitable response: 5 full stars ! Good job.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

so she chose Robert, really, but thing did change. And they name their child Robert? Ummm, no way. I would have done annulment.

AngelRiderAngelRider3 months ago

Payenbrant, I agree with the lack of communication but it's no way near as cut and dry as you suggest. I can very easily imagine this scenario. Your suggestion that it's tawdry ignores the plot and Sandy's character development. Rob wasn't some prom date that shows up with a sad story. Sandy wasn't clouded by limerance. No, Rob was her fiance and first love. He was ripped away from her violently and tragicly. He eventually returns after years of torture only to learn he has nothing, literally nothing.

She felt as though she had an obligation to Rob, both due to what happened to him and due to their former relationship. The internal conflict she would have felt could have been developed more but nothing about Sandy's behavior or motivation is akin to JPB's Pauline French. Your argument ignores nuance.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It's very politically correct, but it somehow fizzled at the end for me. Others may find it different.

I somehow still like the original 750 word version.

kencorokencoro3 months ago

"I'm sorry, Robert. I came prepared to give myself to you for the weekend but I don't think I can do it."

Should've gone through with the annulment. The marriage's survival is not convincing at all.

-

This Tom is obviously different than 750 Tom. This story spent so much time weakening his resolve and eventually making him look wimpish. 750 Tom was resolved but this one is so uncertain.

Meanwhile Sandy keeps getting worse, removing ring and "prepared to give herself". She's only saved because Robert the 3rd-party got cold feet.

With husband's weakening and ex's cold feet, it means she have zero contribution in the salvage.

Sandy then called her husband, made him drove all the way to where she is so she can show that she still loved him. Wow. Instead of, you know, Sandy driving home to her husband. And worse, husband did! What a mess up.

In the end, they even named their son after the guy. What a story! The choice is not about Tom anymore, it's "Richard's" story now!

Could have figured a better way to make Robert a good guy. This was not it.

Disappointing change to the story. Disappointing end.

shalpa64shalpa643 months ago

I dunno, she was prepared to sleep with this guy regardless of how if was hurting her husband. The only reason it didn't happen is because Robert had more integrity than she did and stopped it. I don't know if I could have just forgiven her, but I damn sure wouldn't have named my son after him...

inka2222inka22223 months ago

Sorry, 3 stars. Robert came off as a real and honorable man. Sandy kinda was pushed into the right choice eventually by Robert, but the fact that she didn't make it RIGHT AWAY (never mind had to be pushed into it later and didn't make it on her own) makes her a shitty wife. Yes she apologized to Tom for the pain she caused, but she is also the SAME person who spouted to him the whole garbage she did before going to meet Robert and who STILL wasn't even sure she wouldn't have sex even after Robert said it would be wrong. I can easily see her choosing to cheat on him later - she's REALLY good ad juststifying to herself and others why being shitty is actually OK.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I know it would be a buzz kill for the story but the husbands in. these tails never say that they themselves are also going on trip. If it is a harmless reconnect then who would care? He can see for himself how she reacts etc. Also, if she decides to stay with her present husband then her remaining friends with the former guy would be a problem as you never know what will happen.

nixroxnixrox3 months ago

3 stars for a decent story.

AethurAethur3 months ago

I thought the whole "good thing I got two bedrooms" and Noble!Robert was an incredibly horrible cop out. Even if Sandy would have reluctantly slept with Robert, she still would have willingly done it. While I certainly appreciate this going in a direction I'm sure most didn't expect, I felt it hurt the story. I highly doubt that after four years of torture and captivity, where his only thoughts were of Sandy, that Robert would have acted like that. Not pursued her or pushed her into something, sure. I can buy that. But what happened in the story? Not believable.

---

I did enjoy the history of their relationship. It's just everything that came after the original that is a detriment. Still, thank you for sharing this.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The bitch could stay gone

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Better ending... Tom never answered her calls or her texts. She'd gone too far and even if the cheating skank slut pretended to be faithful Tom knew if it wasn't Robert, at some point it would be some other guy the whore would open her legs for. He went on to have a wonderful life with a new woman who wasn't a selfish slut bitch. Sandy and Robert got married. It lasted for four years until he caught her fucking the neighbor. Robert wasn't as understanding. He sold her to a Mexican cartel that owned several whore houses in Tijuana. That is where she spent the rest of her days but nobody gave a flying fuck about the lying betraying cunt.

WwoodyWwoody3 months ago

VERY EXCELLENT

muskyboymuskyboy3 months ago

Happy ending? Just cuck shit, fix the tags.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Sandy is a cunt and every intention of fucking Robert until she saw how badly he was beaten. If she had any type of heart or soul she would have insisted on Tom accompanying her to see Robert. Tom should have dropped her like a flaming turd.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I didn't like it. She damaged her husbands trust. She went with the intent to sleep with Robert. That in itself is cheating. You cannot fix that.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Did he have a friend called Wilson?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Story was well-written, but Sandy made the wrong choice. She left her husband for an old lover -- that is incontrovertible. She was prepared to fuck him for "old time's sake."

Many are tested in life, sometimes by choices they didn't want but still have to select an option from. The "right thing to do" would have been to stand by her husband, not her old lover -- the old lover who exhibited far better ethics than Sandy did.

.

RoadwarrioroneRoadwarriorone3 months ago

5*****

Rob last his mother and father to the grim reaper, what happened to the his sister the was in the wedding as a bridesmaid to Sandy

Still like the story

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x3 months ago

"That wouldn't work in this longer version so I went with the original name of Robert" - It's worse in a shorter version because it should be easier to keep track in a shorter version.

\

I don't see the need for describing her courtship with Tom. They obviously dated and fell in love or we wouldn't be here.

\

"Baby, I didn't know if it was real or not." - Why is she speaking in past tense? "Baby, I don't know if this is real or not."

\

"Before I leave Sunday afternoon, I'll tell him that I'm married and that it was just for the weekend" - Why not tell him BEFORE the weekend? If he's an honorable man he won't want to come between them? Maybe she's afraid that he'll tell her not to come?

\

"I wasn't sure if we would qualify for annulment" - I think that if she had been married to Robert, and obviously not divorced, an annulment of the "second" marriage would be pretty much a no-brainer, but since she WAS free to marry Tom, the marriage was legit, so they need a divorce.

\

Looks like I called it about Robert being an honorable man.

\

Nice ending, but while it would have lessened the drama, it would have made more sense for Robert to simply invite them both down.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

What a great surprise: maturity and a truly adult, realistic decision and outcome to a tragic circumstance that was truly nobody’s fault. Well-written, with likeable characters, good pacing and narrative clarity. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Nope, she left and that's that. I wouldn't respect this guy if I knew him.

Barkinbeast2010Barkinbeast20103 months ago

Story was okay but I’d have held off having kids. See she was just to quick to decide to head off and jump in bed with her ex. Worse she couldn’t understand why her husband would not accept it.

The whole well reunite after an exciting weekend ?? Huh?? How did she presume her husband would have an e citing weekend home alone while she went to a resort to be with her ex? And her plan to jump in bed with him and tell him before she left she was married and it was only a one off, she comes across has a total user willing to mess with people feelings as long has she gets her excitement.

Husband said it’s me or him and if you go we are done…. And she went.

Husnsgd folded fat to quick, I’m not saying I’d give up on the marriage but the disrespect and delusional thinking would have meant some work to put things right and certainly no kids without a prenup.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Agreed with Payenbrant’s comment.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This is how we can see good moral human beings.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wrong decision. Once she makes the decision to go to Robert, that ends the marriage. She shows by her actions what her INTENT and choice were going to be. It's enoigh that she goes - that's the end. Bad story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Too bad you couldn’t work Wilson into the story! 3*

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good Castaway story here. Well written. Checks all the boxes for me. 5 Stars..

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

That was some story. The poor guy held prisoner for 4 years and had the wearwithal to accept the cards dealt to him. One in a million. And the marriage survived . As you wrote it.

Happily_Married87Happily_Married873 months ago

Good story you took a good story a little incomplete, but with this you made it into a great one! Tom is one heck of a man and I did not think it in the beginning that Sandy was going to be, but it turned out that both her and Robert were as well. It was a nice touch adding the son's name Robert at the end. Sandy is a lucky lady to have experienced such love not once but twice.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Annulment

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

If she acts like a shitty wife, you can expect a shitty life. Two stars

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

AH A GREAT tearjerker I must be a romantic I loved the story (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The author earned points for an unusual storyline. I appreciate the author’s efforts to sprinkle errors throughout the story, but would prefer to read a story that was error-free.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A powerful moving tearjerker about love lost, love found, love lost again, love transformed and finally love found again. A well written story with few mistakes that has a strong emotional pull and rewarding ending. Impressive! 5 stars and a standing ovation.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I’m with the previous anonymous, great job of thinking outside of the box, and giving us a different story line. Thanks for the time and effort. KS

XluckyleeXluckylee3 months ago

A well written story. I was happy Tom got to keep his woman . 5 stars from Xluckylee

tralan69ertralan69er3 months ago

A really good story.

So many emotions in this very well told story. 5*****

---

@sbrooks103x

"That wouldn't work in this longer version so I went with the original name of Robert" - It's worse in a shorter version because it should be easier to keep track in a shorter version. - A nitpick disguised as constructive criticism.

\

I don't see the need for describing her courtship with Tom. They obviously dated and fell in love or we wouldn't be here. - Since it's NOT your story, you don't get to choose.

\

"Baby, I didn't know if it was real or not." - Why is she speaking in past tense? "Baby, I don't know if this is real or not." -- She was very emotional at the time and that's just how she said it.

\

"Before I leave Sunday afternoon, I'll tell him that I'm married and that it was just for the weekend" - Why not tell him BEFORE the weekend? If he's an honorable man he won't want to come between them? Maybe she's afraid that he'll tell her not to come?-- MAYBE?...Not much chance of that, I'm sure. You are always trying to twist what is said or done to change the story.

\

"I wasn't sure if we would qualify for annulment" - I think that if she had been married to Robert, and obviously not divorced, an annulment of the "second" marriage would be pretty much a no-brainer, but since she WAS free to marry Tom, the marriage was legit, so they need a divorce. - YOU THINK?...So a person isn't allowed to say something that has come to mind as a possibility!

\

Looks like I called it about Robert being an honorable man. - Well of course you did! A legend in your own mind.

\

Nice ending, but while it would have lessened the drama, it would have made more sense for Robert to simply invite them both down.- Here again...trying to change the story to suit YOUR wants!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Shouldn't of answered her and dumped her instead. She knew what he was going to do and still went ahead fully prepared to fuck him. That's no wife, that's a slut.

danbo56danbo563 months ago

Thanks for the extended version I'm not a fan of 750 so yeah great read more meat to the bones fuller story enjoyed it I think I gave the first one 3 stars but this I've given 5 now looking forward to your next story

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

You basically kept us off balance, because we knew Robert was coming back. And then you carried it forward. Good job. Four stars from me.

JPB

fritz51fritz513 months ago

Great story, though I am bothered by the request that Tom allow her a time out from their marriage to go fuck another guy, no matter who he was. No, it wasn't Bobby's fault or her fault; or even Tom's, but a deplorable set of events. However, the sands of time moved on and she needs to tell Bobby the truth with no delay. Fucking him, sharing the lost passion with him, only to turn around and dump him would be the most cruel thing she could do to both men.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit3 months ago

It’s a good story, a terrible set of circumstances turned out okay. I’m a bit surprised by Tom in the end. He still left the weekend knowing that she was willing to risk their marriage. She may not have intended that result, but admitted to herself that there was a chance she’d have sex with Robert. That’s a difficult thing to bounce around inside a man’s head.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Whew, that was so much better than I was imagining. I'm so relieved. Thanks for sharing this!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Firstly this is a good story, and well written, but now for what I feel about the characters. Ok this is a tricky one, and for once I can understand the wife in the sense it is a hard choice. I could have understood her need to just communicate with him first and then make a decision on who to be with, and I would not have faulted her if she chose to be with Robert considering her and tom were not married long. Yes it would have been sad for Tom, but ultimately he would be better off. But her involving sex straight away and demanding that she sleeps with Robert and then she comes back to Tom was a red flag, it was plain selfish, and immature. Full credit to Robert who the moment he realised that she was married did entirely the right thing, and steered away from sexual activity. Maybe it was Robert's actions that really is the reason that she stayed with Tom, however I don't think their marriage was entirely the same. Sure it will work and they may be together till they die, but her decision, despite not being acted on would always be there, cltaking something away from them.

NitpicNitpic3 months ago
Very

Very enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Excellent story. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Well that was a double surprise. The 1st being that I just read/ commented on the 750word story, then looking at what else you wrote, saw this. The 2nd was this story, heart felt, emotionally rendering, & surprising when Robert asked Tom to have dinner at the hotel. I was not expecting anything close to this, judging the end of the short story. The author did a wonderful job, earning the 5 stars I'm giving it. Bob

26thNC26thNC2 months ago

Great story. A real Loving Wife, and an honorable other man. That is a real rarity in a LW story.

kirei8kirei8about 2 months ago

She left Tom... period.

Lyon796Lyon796about 2 months ago

Very moving story. Well written and realistic. Thank you!! Five stars.

Booboo12629Booboo1262922 days ago

Well done and much better than the original. I'm not sure I could have accepted her back. She decided to betray him and only backed out when Robert realized she was married. That's a pretty sorry woman.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user2wrongsandaright@2wrongsandaright
Entering a new phase of life and trying some new hobbies. I have submitted My Choice for approval. It's an expansion of the Your Choice 750 word project. Hopefully it will satisfy those of you that wanted more detail