My Man, My Marine, My Lover! Pt. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Tears were flowing down my face and I found myself straddling his lap and kissing every inch of his face. "I love you marine. Don't ever forget that Brian. I love you with all my heart and soul. I will never leave you as long as I have the choice either. No matter what, we fight together."

"Together Brat...Always and forever," he said as he drew my mouth to him and kissed me lovingly.

"Brian," I said seriously.

"Yeah," he answered hesitantly, like he knew what I was going to say.

"We will talk more about this and about your feelings. I think we have to look a little closer at this and make sure you are getting whatever you need to deal with things as they come up. I don't want to wake up one day and find we missed something," I said, "something important."

"I know. I hear you," he said. "But, I've had enough of that for now. Okay? I promise, we'll talk about it again."

"Okay. Enough for now," I said and closed my eyes.

We held each other for a long time before I decided it was time to share my plan.

"I have a surprise for you. Well, maybe two surprises, depending on your thoughts."

"I like your surprises. What do you have for me?"

"I'm off for a four day weekend next week. I called Old Jim up at the lake and asked him to set up the cabin for us for next weekend. He helped your parents get it ready for us last time and he was more than willing to do it again for us. I think we need to get away and have some real alone time. What do you say?"

I watched as his head fell back against the pillows and he took a deep breath and slowly let it out. Then the most handsome, welcoming smile crossed his face and he lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Baby, you couldn't have given me a better surprise if you told me you were pregnant," he said, completely serious.

"God Brian, why would you say something like that?" I asked. "Are you trying to give my dad a heart attack? He'd have fit if I were pregnant before we got married," I said.

"Then we should make some wedding plans while we're at the lake because I want to marry you and get you pregnant as soon as possible," he said as he wrapped his arms around me and in one quick move tossed me to the bed and was on top of me.

"Are you serious?" I asked, completely surprised by his latest declaration.

"Never been more serious," he said, "except for maybe when I first told you that I loved you. But, yeah...I'm serious. I want us married and pregnant as soon as we say I do." Then he thought about it and made a minor adjustment. "For you dad's sake, I'll wait until the night or two after we say I do."

I laughed as he started to kiss me and slid his knee between my legs. Then he stopped as his hand was just about to start off the fun.

"Hey, didn't you say you have two surprises for me?" he asked. "What's the second?"

"Well, I was going to have an entire discussion with you about moving out and getting our own place. I guess, based on what you've said, you're okay with that idea. Am I right?"

"Baby, you are always right," he said and kissed me again while his hand slid down my body and came to rest between my legs. "Any chance we can celebrate that plan right now?" he asked as he slowly stroked his fingers over my sex and kissed my neck.

"Have I ever denied you marine?" I asked.

"No baby, that you have not," he said as we started to make love again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next few days flew by and before we knew it, we were packed and on our way to the cabin. It was cold and we were even getting a few random snow showers. We left at the crack of dawn on Thursday morning for a long weekend at the lake cabin. The sun was out, but it was barely breaking freezing temperatures. I had the heat cranked up in the jeep and my favorite country music channel was playing Christmas songs as we made the long drive.

Brain and I went shopping for supplies the night before and we had everything we could possibly need for a week, let alone an extended weekend. I swear Brian wanted some of everything in the store. It was the happiest he'd been in weeks and I wasn't going to tell him no because of some junk food cravings he had, so we bought a ton more than we needed.

I had packed two extra boxes of stuff early that morning and he had no idea of my plans for them. Another surprise I had for him. My plan was to make this a weekend he'd never forget. I was about to give my man all the real life he could handle and then some. I'd show him that he could do anything he wanted to. My plan was to have him leaving on Monday with more self-assurance than ever before.

As we listened to the radio, the news kept forecasting a rain mixed with snow in higher elevations, and the coldest temperatures in years for the entire weekend. I loved it. The weather fit right in with my plans for the weekend and I was happy as could be. When we made the turn on to the deserted dirt road that led to the cabin, I pulled the jeep over and started to get out.

"Babe, why are you stopping here?" he asked.

"You'll find out in one moment. Have a little patience," I said. "It's another surprise I have for you."

"Oh...let me guess. You want to take me right here in the woods?" he said, more than half serious.

"Not exactly handsome, but it's a good idea," I said. "Maybe on the way out if it's not too cold."

"Okay, then what is it?"

I walked to his side of the jeep and opened the door. Leaning in to kiss him, I undid his safety belt and whispered in his ear, "How would you like to drive your jeep again?"

"Are you kidding?" he asked excitedly. "Seriously, you think I can?"

The look on his face was priceless. I would have given everything I owned if I knew I could keep that look on his face forever.

"Yes. I'm serious," I said. "The dirt road is wide. No one is going to be driving down it this time of year. Especially, not this early in the morning. It's barely after nine o'clock," I told him. "Besides baby, you know it like the back of your hand. Plus, I'll give you verbal cues as to where you are on the road and your positioning. What do you think?"

"I think I'd love it," he said. "I didn't think it possible, but I think I love you even more right now than I did a few minutes ago."

I smiled and kissed him. "Well then, let's get you in the driver's seat and get us to the cabin."

"Are you sure you want to do this?" he asked.

"Baby, how bad can it be? Besides, you weren't afraid to drive with me when I first learned how to shift. So, I guess this is your turn to get even. My pathetic driving ability of a standard and your inability to see the road," I laughed. "All in all, I'd say we were about even."

He laughed and got into the driver's seat. "Ready when you are, navigator," he teased.

"I'm all buckled up and ready when you are marine," I said. "Let's just keep it on the road. Okay?"

"That's my plan baby. That's my plan."

Fifteen minutes later, we pulled in front of the cabin no worse for wear. He did a fantastic job. There were only a few times when I directed him a little to the right or to the left, but in general, he was great. I kept giving him landmarks and directing him when a curve was coming up and he maneuvered perfectly.

Brian had driven that road more times than either of us could remember and his muscle memory and visual recall kicked in just as I had hoped it would.

"Well marine how do you feel?" I asked, knowing full well how he felt just by looking at him.

"Brat, I feel," he stopped and the smile left his face. His eyes watered a little and I could see his Adam's apple go up and down as he swallowed a few times to hold back his tears. "I feel whole," he said quietly.

I had no words to give him, so I just put my hand over his hand that still rested on the gear shift. Immediately, I was transported back to the day we drove to the base. If only I could take us back to that time, I thought. Then I realized nothing would have changed. Brian was a marine and he would have done his duty exactly the same way. The only thing going back would mean is that we'd have to live through all of the events again and I don't think either one of us would be able to do that a second time.

We sat there quietly living in the moment and all I wanted to do was to climb in his lap and hold him.

"Ready to go in?" I asked.

"Yeah, let's enjoy every minute of our weekend," he said. "Babe, I can't tell you how much that meant to me or how much I love you for doing that for me."

"Anytime baby," I said. "You know that I will do whatever I can for you, with you, in order to make you happy."

"You don't know how much I count on that Andrea," he said. "I count on that more than you can possibly understand and much more than I show. I also know that I can count on you for a reality check when needed too."

"Good. Because here's your first reality check," I told him. "You get to unpack the entire load on your own and put everything where it needs to go." I laughed at the look on his face. "Other than my two surprise boxes, you have to unpack everything."

"Wait a minute. What's this about?" he asked.

"I've decided that even though this is our weekend, you're going to be in charge of taking care of me," I laughed. "By the end of this weekend, you will definitely realize you can do things on your own."

"I like the idea of being in charge of you baby," he said, purposely changing my words around, "but I don't know if I feel the need to do all of the work."

"I love the way you pick and choose what you hear and how you interpret it, marine," I said as I got out of the jeep and walked up the steps to the porch of the cabin. "Now get everything unpacked and you can make me a nice breakfast."

"Hey, wait. Are you really not going to help?"

"I'm really not going to help," I laughed at the look on his face. "But know I'm cheering you on my love."

~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later, we had all of our supplies put away and had eaten a nice brunch before we decided to take a little hike into the woods. I packed a backpack with some supplies and we headed out. It wasn't long before we reached the more densely wooded trail areas on the mountainside behind the cabin. We hiked for about forty minutes before we found a large rock overlooking the lake and took a seat.

I pulled out two bottles of water and as we caught our breath, Brian surprised me.

"I was thinking," he said as an intro, then stopped.

"About?"

"Our future, specifically, our wedding."

"Oh yea. And what have you been thinking?" I smiled as I watched his facial expression.

"I was thinking we shouldn't wait. I don't want to wait too long. Do you?"

"No, not really. I don't really want a big wedding. In fact, I'd really like it to be small and romantic. Just our families and a few of our closest friends if that's okay with you."

"Perfect. So, I have an idea."

"I figured you did. Care to share it with me?"

He laughed, "I was thinking about it."

I hit him in the side and he laughed. "I was thinking we should get married on New Year's Eve. What do you think?"

"Wow! That's only a few weeks away. Do you think we can pull it off?"

"Yeah, between the six of us, I'm sure we can get everything done. Our mom's are going to want to help with everything anyway. If you're okay with that, I'm okay with it. We can ask the base chaplin to do our ceremony. We have it in with the Commander if we want to use one of the halls on base or your mom could arrange for us to use the old Victorian farmhouse for our vows and reception. If either of those are good with you."

I kissed his cheek.

"You know I've always loved the Victorian farmhouse. I'd love it if we could get married there. It's perfect and it will be all decorated for the holidays, so we wouldn't have to do much else. Mom could arrange for some tables and chairs to be placed in the big ballroom. As a little girl, when I'd go to work with mom, I'd always picture myself coming down the curved staircase as a bride. We could do the ceremony in the main room and the reception in the ballroom."

"So, you think it's a good idea. Getting married at the Victorian on New Year's Eve?"

"Babe, I think it's the perfect idea. I'll call mom when we get back and see if she can make the arrangements."

"No need," he said. "I've already asked her. There's really only one or two things I have to take care of. The rest is pretty much done."

"Seriously? You've arranged everything?"

He looked so pleased with himself, I couldn't help but smile. My man, my marine, had made arrangements for us to get married. I couldn't believe it.

"Almost everything. I figured you'd want some say in your wedding gown. Though, I'm partial to form fitting and maybe strapless."

"Oh, okay. I'll remember that. Yes, you're right. I'd like to have a little say in my own gown. What else did you leave for me to do?"

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, but surprisingly, I was loving it. I really didn't care about the details. I was just so happy we were finally going to be married, that I would have said fine if he said we were having it in our backyard.

"Well, when we go home, we have an appointment with a caterer and a baker to do a taste testing for the meal and cake choice. I thought you may want some input there."

"Another good idea. Thanks for thinking of me. Anything else left to take care of, marine?"

"Just one thing," he said.

"What's that?"

Brain sat up and then got to one knee. He reached inside his jacket and unzipped the breast pocket. When he pulled out a dark blue, velvet box, I bit my lip. He flipped the lock open and then lifted the lid. Inside was the most beautiful ring ever. He'd chosen the perfect ring. It was a large center, princess cut diamond. I'm sure it was three carats and it was surrounded by round diamonds in a platinum setting.

"Will you marry me?" he asked as he held the ring out to me.

"Yes, baby. I will."

Carefully, he took the ring from the box, placed the box down, and reached for my hand. I placed my hand in his and he slowly slid the ring onto my finger and kissed my hand.

"I love you, Andrea. Forever and Always."

I was in tears as I pulled him toward me and kissed his face, then kissed his mouth as I said, "I love you too, Brain. Forever and Always."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

We took our time hiking back to the cabin. By the time we started the fire, heated up the cabin a little, and unpacked the rest of our things, it was time to start dinner. I put on some music and Brian and I began to prep the veggies and salad for our dinner. He opened a bottle of wine and as we talked, we enjoyed a glass. The chicken and veggies were in the oven as we sat on the couch and waited for everything to roast.

"I have a surprise for you too," I said.

"You've given me more than enough, baby. What else could you possibly give me?"

"I wanted to do something special, just the two of us. I thought we could celebrate our own little pre-Christmas here. Wait one second."

I went out on the porch and as promised, Old Jim, the caretaker had placed a small balsam tree in a stand on the porch for me. I brought it in and immediately the fresh scent of the balsam filled the cabin.

"Is that a Christmas tree I smell?"

"Yes. And, I brought some lights and decorations too."

"Brat, you never cease to amaze me."

"And I hope I never will. Now, come over here and help me decorate our first Christmas tree together."

Brian untangled the two strands of lights and handed them to me. I carefully wrapped them around the tree, making sure each light was visible and would light up the tree beautifully. I gave him the little angel tree topper and he placed it on the pointed branch on the very top of the tree. It was crooked, but I didn't care.

"Is it straight?" he asked.

"It's straight enough."

"That means no, doesn't it?" We laughed.

The balsam only stood about four feet tall, but I loved it. I had asked our mom's for some of our childhood ornaments and creations and they were happy to pack them for me.

As we reached into the boxes of ornaments, we removed each one and I'd describe it to Brian. If it was his, he'd tell the story behind it, when it was mine, I'd do the same. Then we'd place it on the tree. It was fun decorating the tree together. When we were done, Brian was standing right in front of the tree as I plugged it in. The lights went on and then they started blinking. The room was dark, other than the light from the fire, so the tree lights really looked bright as they began to blink.

Brian took a step back. I barely heard him as he said my name.

"Andrea."

The sound of his voice scared me. Plus, he rarely uses my given name. I quickly looked over and realized that something changed, he looked scared. I'd never seen such a look on his face. I rushed to his side.

"What's wrong, babe? Are you okay?"

I could tell by the look on his face and the sound of his voice that something wasn't right.

"Andrea, the tree lights..."

"Yes. What about them?" I was holding his arm as he turned to me. His color was pale and there were tears in his eyes. I was scared to death. I could feel a flutter in my heart and that frightened me too.

"They blink?" he asked.

"Yes, they blink."

I watched as his eyes moved from my face to the tree and then back again.

"They're colored lights?"

"Yes, Brian, please tell me what's going on."

My mind was rushing all over the place, but I didn't want to get ahead of anything. Tears were flowing down my cheeks. I began praying that he was okay.

Please God, please let him be okay. Don't let anything else happen. Please. I kept repeating the prayer in my mind. My eyes never left Brian's face as I said it over and over again as the seconds passed before he spoke again.

"I think," he hesitated. Then he took my hand and squeezed it tight. "Babe, I think I can see the lights blinking."

"Oh my God! Brian! Can you? Can you really?" I was now crying hysterically, but they were happy tears.

"It's a blur, but I see blurry, star-like, colors blinking on and off," he said and I could see tears streaming down his face now too.

I took his hand and we walked to the couch. We sat down and I held him and cried.

"It's not at all clear Andrea, but I see blinks of light. It's like looking through shattered glass."

"It's a start, babe. It's an amazing start." I pulled his face to mine and I kissed his tears from his cheeks. "I love you. I want to go home. Let's go home and see the doctor!" I exclaimed.

"No," he said. "If it's going to happen, it will. I have an appointment late next week. Besides, we both know that there isn't anything they can do for me. It's not like there's a treatment. They told me, told us, that we have to give it time. So, for now, this is just between the two of us. No one needs to know until we're sure. I don't want anyone to be hurt if things change. Promise me, our secret."

"I promise," I said. "I'll keep your secret if you promise to keep mine?"

He smiled and held my face close to his, he kissed me. "You have a secret?"

"I do. But, it's not really my secret alone. It's our secret, marine."

" 'Our secret'. Now you have my attention. What is our secret?"

"Well, let's just say that your proposal and wedding surprise couldn't have come at a better time."

I looked at Brian's face and realized he had no idea what I was talking about.

"What do you mean? Christmas time? Or our New Years wedding date?"

"Well my love," I stroked my fingers across his forehead, then held his face in my hands and kissed him lightly. "Remember recently, when you said you wanted to get married and then get pregnant a day or two later?"

"Of course, I remember. Nothing's changed, Brat. I still want that. Are you having second thoughts?"