All Comments on 'My Marriage Mistake'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 140 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Damn, DG I loved it

I never know what to expect with your stories. This was another classic DG Hear story. Always glad to see a story posted by you.

An Avid reader and fan

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Yes!

Another great story.

Boyd

TLeeTLeealmost 18 years ago
Bravo!

This is the type of DG story that I look forward to. I await your next submission.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 18 years ago
wow what a great story

Bravo !! simply fabulous... there were a few story twists that stretched the credibility a bit but not too much.

The check at the end for $500,000 was a REALLY really nice trouch...

that one got me-- but good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
like old wine you get better as a writer

there not much to say,good story and keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
keep on keeping on

As always an outstanding read. Keep it up.

DesertPirateDesertPiratealmost 18 years ago
Fantastic!

DG,

This is the kind of story I wait for and you have yet to disapoint me. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Wonderful

This has to be one of the best stories ever written on this site. Thank You So Much

Blue88Blue88almost 18 years ago
Good work

Nice story, DG. I enjoyed reading it. Sometimes life does turn out ok, thank goodness.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Good

Good story from start to finish, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Excellent...

It was a wonderful story and well written. The author did a very good job all except for the ending. If he really loved her, he would not have left a check for her. It sounds too much like leaving money for a whore. He should have taken her and her family shopping and let them get what they wanted to with a maximum of $500,000.

I don't think she was crying for joy over this, but crying for the love that she had given to the man and the way he was treating her. He needs to grow up and get worldly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Nothing but applause

Damn fine story, never left a comment before, but this is one worth leaving one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Super story from a fine author

Excellent story from an author who writes fine stories. I especially liked the part where the attackers turned up dead! I like detective stories and just deserts coming to those who deserve them.

Please continue to write for this site.

Roger

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
WAY TO GO BRUCE!

EXCELLENT STORY.I LIKE A MAN IN CONTROL.

don87654don87654almost 18 years ago
Great reading!

Just another one of your great stories. The resulting grade figures says it all on how I feel.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
GT Hear

Another fine example of your creative skills with a real ending. Thanks!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Another first rate story!

We expect great stuff from you and you keep delivering!

This was quite nicely done with a good ending.

Liked it lots!

Regards, DJ

peggytwittypeggytwittyalmost 18 years ago
Just more of DG romance and love

Well all these accolades for just another romance by DG. Give me a break he’s done this all before, so what’s new? I mean you expect all this pumping up for DG and yet he is just human.

But dang it, DG is so consistent as not laying down and relaxing but putting out what hits him as a fantasy story.

DG is expected to “do good”, but it’s always appreciated and he has to live with the burden of his own talent. Oh heck, it was dang good and such well-done entertainment.

Thank you DG for the great entertainment and the emotional ripping of the heartstrings.

PT

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 18 years ago
May I get a golden card too?

The benevolent Mr. Randy was so amazing, I just feel jealous of the characters that had the good luck to be around him (except for his enemies of course). It also means that this author knows HOW TO NOT RUSH in his narrative. He knows how to plan the plot so that there is enough “juice” left to draw us in even as the story comes to it’s last home stretch.

He knows how to build characters as well, and even though it was not a ‘humorous story’, there was humor in it, which I always admire. I know I have not said anything new about this talented author, but IT'S STILL TRUE! And I still wish I could get one of those golden trimmed cards…did I mention humor in the story?

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 18 years ago
A great story DG

And a really great read.

As generous as he was it's a wonder he could have any money left.

Someone saw the half million check as leaving it for a whore. And you might think that had he not left the note with it. You don't usually leave notes for whores; just the money. And I doubt she would take it as any other way than lovingly.

It's hard to imagine any wealthy person acting like Randy. They tend to be the major crooks on the scene rather than mr honesty. Randy is thoroughly likable. He has good morals and expects them in others and feels they should be rewarded if they do!!

Thanks for the good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great as usual

I love a good story and this is one. Made me cry made me laugh and kept me interested till the end even if the end was predictable. Nice work DG

Fallen Angel

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
always good

your stories are always good, whoch brings this question to mind, do you write ant bad ones?

keep up the great work

PEATBOGPEATBOGalmost 18 years ago
This was another classic DG Hear story!!!!

I love a good story and this is a great one. You kept me interested till the end despite the length. Nice work DG! Randy is a thoroughly likable hero and generous to a fault. He is lucky to have enough money available for all his worthy causes. Another DG Hear 'happy ending' although Chuck Woody and J. Arthur Ross might not have agreed with this. DG, you never fail to hit the mark, well done! Pete.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
A Realistic Story of A Winner!

It is not what you have, it is what you do with what you have that counts! Once again you have weaved a delightful story displaying the human spirit in its most trying situation -martial distress. Thanks for the excellent read!

SleeplessinMD

bornagainbornagainabout 17 years ago
So Beautiful

DG i loved everything about this story The coma was so moving and theatrical I hope you write more stories that moving and sad.DG I have always been a reader of your stories and i love them still.

Pat M.

Atlanta,Ga

acs_1acs_1almost 17 years ago
Very nice

So warm and fuzzy, this story was a lot of fun. There were a lot of places where you could have expanded, and others where you didn't need to mention the obvious, but it was such a cool little story, I had to give you full marks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago

i think you are getting the hsng of it. ............. rich

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Another great D G Hear story

The story may have been a little corny , but maybe it's a sign of my age. because I thought it was a wonderful heartwarming read. Thank D G your stories are consistently high quality and entertaining.

60 year old George

bornagainbornagainabout 16 years ago
Bruce?

Was Bruce the person that knocked J.ross and chuck off?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
A turely warm, human story

This story is in the style of D. H. Hear. It is, in short, a wonderful read that which when you start reading it you can't stop until you've finished. Thank you D.G. RAG

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Outstanding!

A good, old-fashioned story with a fairy tale ending, with just enough edge to it to keep it from being sappy.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!

DirtyTalk2009DirtyTalk2009about 15 years ago
Wonderful!

Such a sweet story! This was a better quality read then I expected to find on literotica.

bruce22bruce22about 15 years ago
Wow, a lot of fun for us,.

Lots of action and transitions so that nothing got stale.

Good work DG, and thanks for the dough.

Bruce!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
You Missed A Bet

D. G., Ruth was certainly not too old; you should have given them a couple of kids of their own to close out the story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Good Shot

Call me a hopeless romantic if you will, I still love it when the nice guy wins. Good read. Sequel?

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
well done

well done

0649d0649dover 13 years ago
Chuck yelled out, "What about me? What do I get?"

Some people just want something for nothing, regardless of whether they deserve it or not. What a pig he is!

xtremeddxtremeddover 13 years ago
Just re-read .... again

DGH,

Still one of your best stories!

thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

toolman4243toolman4243over 13 years ago
Another Great Story

I've read about 20 of your stories so far and not a bad 1 yet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
A great story

This is the third or fourth time I've read this one and it gets better than the time before. My compliments to a very good writer. R.T.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
It is a good story.

Some things I didn't like but nevertheless I rated it 5*****s.

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
Good Read!!

You covered a lot of ground. The story was very entertaining. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Awesome!

Well done, great read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Awesome Story

I am not one for reading, but this story was great.

Mike

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 12 years ago
Outfucking standing -

Just all about fun - good people who made it and stupid people who didn't -

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Really enjoyed reading it. More of that kind, please!! It was a pleasure..

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
Excellent

A wonderful story. It doesn't get much better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Didja hear about this great story?

I did, that's why I gave it 5*!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
betrayal

he smoked a meaty cock, got a buggered cornhole, betrayed!

hw_germanyhw_germanyalmost 12 years ago
Wonderful

This is one of the best I have read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
It's a bit

Walt Disney isn't it?

Good though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Great story

Certainly enjoyed it, even though the attempted murder was a bit over the top the strongest element of the story was the true love story of the hero and June his heroine. This relaltionship seemed to hold a nugget of truth to it and could happen in real life also. His identification with the struggles of a single mother and her kids as was his own mother was quite strong and quite real also.

dylan954dylan954over 11 years ago
Great story

Now that's what I call a great story.

roscovichroscovichover 11 years ago
This si by far the best story this author ever written.

And one of the very few most excellent storys on this site. Very well done DG. Thank you.

phil2213phil2213almost 11 years ago
Excellent story...happy ending..loved it.

I loved this story and the characters were perfect with the exception of June's ex. Thank you for the ride

EgoTrixiEgoTrixialmost 11 years ago
My third reading...

...and I still think it is one of your best! Please more like this one. 5 Stars, of course..

IrfonIrfonover 10 years ago
Just...

...TERRIFIC !!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Horatio Alger

would like this

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Yes

That was a very good story.

teach1965teach1965about 10 years ago
5 stars

You have a great range as a writer...one of my favorites.

BetterEndingBetterEndingalmost 10 years ago
Fantastic Story

Thanks for the happy read (my second time around)! 5 Stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Good one

great story one of the best I have read

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
****

Randy is just a tad bit extravagant throwing money around. Trucking owners are tighter than a mouse's ear. Good writing and reading. Cheers!

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
Over The Top?

Yes, maybe this story was over the top. But I enjoyed it. I guess I just like Love stories where two people eventually fall into a real, true Love. I am entertained when cheaters lose and non-cheaters win. I really felt good for Randy and June at the end. Thank you for writing this enjoyable, entertaining tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Too much money to express love

I thought DGH went overboard with Randy's money to express Randy's love for June. Surely if a spouse can give away five million bucks for a failed marriage why need a pre-nup agreement in the first place? And what is this about giving five hundred grand as a wedding present. Is he so afraid she might change her mind about marrying him?

phil2213phil2213about 9 years ago
Over the top fantasy just like I love em.

Definitely a five star fun story with hordes of drama and money. Cheating girlfriends and wives up the gazoo. I could offer advice but why spoil it? Thanks for the effort and entertainment!

real69luvrreal69luvrabout 9 years ago
Good job

I loved the whole story, and was really happy with the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Cheesy with a SMILE and 5 Stars.....

shit eating smile once I finished the story. DG is a fine writer and he did not disappoint with this one. Even though it was kind of cheesy. Not convoluted or complex or wanting to moralize. Just totally enjoyable read. I am kind of cheap at handing out 5 stars, but this one simply forced my hand. So with a grin and kudos to DG ......"Well Done !!"

fanfarefanfarealmost 9 years ago
Why?...

....Why the hell not?

However DGH writes it, is mighty fine by me!

krosis666krosis666over 8 years ago
Thanks

For five minutes of harmless fun.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Loved it

Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
ahem....

Did you not write that he had ONE brother and TWIN sisters??

So why this bungle?? ((("It's like I already raised a family, my brothers and sister."))) A REALLY DUMB MISTAKE BUT A CASUAL PROOF READ WOULD HAVE PICKED IT UP. .... assuming that the proof reader was halfway alert and paying attention to business.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
My take is that it is...

a delightful story. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nice story

The story line is interesting but the dialogue is so stiff and stilted that it's almost as if it were written by a computer program. I did enjoy it though.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 7 years ago
Why?

If you were an ex-Hubby, why would you try to kill the guy that could make your ex-Sweetie rich if you think you can get big money out of her? I would be guarding his ass until they marry! Then ... well, the picture turns around big time!

Why would ex-Hubby go out to the dance-hall with Chuck? Even if it made sense, why did he and the third guy wait outside while Chuck is acting-out with New Sweetie? And how do either know where Our Hero and New Sweetie are going that night? Think it through ... don't just write one interesting scenario after you finish the previous one

Tootight1Tootight1over 7 years ago
good story

kind of a feel good story, but good. Sounded, like Rambo, in casual clothes, with a touch George Hamilton. I don't normally like the stories where the Hero always knows what's going on, or exactly how to react to every situation, it's just too far from reality. This was a nice feel good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
YOU KNOW WHAT ? THIS STORY IS BRILLIANT

At first I thought what the heck am I reading, but as I got into the story I enjoyed it!

Love you all! GREG. OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

HighlandLaddieHighlandLaddieover 7 years ago
ANOTHER BRILLIANT STORY

like the idea of him being a drop out but making it big off his own bat...a good little tale....wonder if man mountain was the cause of those two jerks winding up in the lake....we will never know...in the end...true love conquered all...nice one....

GoodhueGoodhueabout 7 years ago
Excellent!

As usual,an outstanding story by DG Hear!

kdcee79kdcee79about 7 years ago
Ok I guess

The actual story was quite good but your writing style here was really 2nd rate - I expected a far higher standard from you. This is possibly your least effective story you've written, a competent 12 year old would probably surpass this effort. A very lucky 3 ***

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great Job

Darn, you really came up with a wonderful story and it was well written. Thanks for sharing if with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good story?

NO. It was fucking great. !!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
good story and how it unfolded

but you left us with the mystery of just who shot him and why....was it Chuck and the asshole ex...and did big Bruce do it protecting him....we will never know....

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionalmost 7 years ago
Great story

And of course it was Bruce, he'd been trusted with security and to keep an eye on Chuck, so to protect his boss fell within his job description.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great Story

I have read this a few times I love it, keep writing great stories

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
WHEN DOES A CHOICE TURN INTO A MISTAKE

especially when a setup and blackmail is involved, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Love

Enjoyed the story I'd have loved to know who shot him was her EX. or was it actually Chuck Woody with her EXs. gun.

Other than the story got a BIG FIVE STARS.

timrivtimrivover 6 years ago
Cheap ass bastard!

$100,000 for Bruce for knocking off the two hoods. Give me a break he gave his ex $300,000 fo fucking him over. He owed this guy much more than than what he gave him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The ending was crap!

Why was he shot? The reason given by the author is crap! There was no explanation of who killed his attackers. They were killed immediately after they attacked him and none of his friends were present at that time. There is a huge hole in the plot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
love

I loved this, yes there were things left out yet it still told the story. I am a damn strong female and yet the caring and love well it is not often you find it and a man who is willing to fight for it sorry that is sexier than anything. I want my lover and my best friend to be in my bed and be the same person.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
If

If he can give Shelby three hundred thousand dollars,how come he doesn't spread a little largess amongst his family.Also when did Brenda's husbands birthday party get rearranged.?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Entertaining!

Excellent story,a bit abbreviated but nonetheless very nice. From his teens he supported his Mother in her struggle to maintain the family. A self made man who knew not to spread largessse amongst his relatives. Instead the deserving were placed in good jobs. Enjoyed the story. Thank you and 5*s.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 5 years ago
The ending — seemed too much like he was “buying” her love; a check, for crying out loud.

At the very least you could have given it some thought, like a gift card to her favorite store. LOL

No really, it did sound like buying affection. Maybe, since she really loved her kids, a Trust for her lids, say for tuition and board to any school they wanted, through graduate school. Or...

Maybe “buy” her a business in some field he found she had an interest in? Like if she liked needle point, a needle point and embroidery specialty shop (really exists, swear to God).

If she liked riding, perhaps a 5 acre horse barn and stables.

SOMETHING that shows he gave thought to the expensive gift — a check, for crying out loud.

LwcbyLwcbyabout 5 years ago
No love buying

A cool guy wanting to help his woman. I liked it.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxabout 5 years ago
Excellent!!

Another excellent story. I love the romances that you seem to be able to write about so wonderfully. This time about a very honorable and fair man and a new love and family that will love him forever. Bravo

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 5 years ago
Great story, but...

He throws around so much money, that the generosity is lost. Taking care of everyone is great, consistent with a caring and generous man. Even paying the ex to get lost is fine. But a check for his new wife on their wedding night? Give her a credit card, maybe setup a half million trust fund for each of her kids. Giving the wife a check only serves to tell her what he thinks she’s worth.

Also, the story would have worked well if Randy had explained his background to June — how he grew up, dropped out, made himself... to set her mind at ease about her meager circumstances.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
My Marriage Mistake

Great story, Seldom do I find stories about a good human being. Loved it

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Hunky dory...

Everything just so perfect that it begs belief. However, I liked it notwithstanding. I was partly refreshed by the writer's command of our language as evidenced by correct spelling and syntax. A nice feel-good story with everything turning out perfectly for those in the white hats. I gave it four well-earned stars ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Flawed

When June goes for the interview,Marla recognises the gold card and later tells how much clout Randy has.Yet when Randy turns up she doesn't recognise either the gold card or him.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...