My Name is SIMBA

Story Info
Experience Of a Ferel Cat.
1k words
4.2
529
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
walker68
walker68
13 Followers

*The following experience is about a year-old kitten who I adopted in the summer of, 2022, I hope that many will enjoy this experience, and realize the importance our lives can truly have.

It was April 1, 2021, when our precious Co-Co fell asleep at the vet's office in our arms.

Co-Co was a 15-year-old Jack Russell and by far was one of the sweetest dogs I've known that dark day left me a void in my heart, since she had left us, and was now at peace as she was finally at rest.

I couldn't see myself having another pet, in my life I had seen so much tragedy and death, I needed time to mourn, or heal from this experience.

It was May or June when a friend told me about a year-old kitten, who needed a home, I eventually agreed reasoning that maybe I can take care of a cat, since I wasn't ready to take of or adopt a dog.

He arrived at our house on an early Saturday evening, when the carrier was opened, we noticed that he was very cautious, as he walked out of the carrier.

We decided on the name Simba, he was certainly unique, we could tell that he was a Bangel, but was born in New Orleans, to a feral mother cat, he was rescued, and neutered, and then shipped along with other cats to other states, that's how we got him.

From the beginning Simba was a force to reckon with, you couldn't pick him up, or even touch him, without him attacking you, in fact this cat would actually stalk you, and he would never back down, I noticed something was good about him though, we just had to bring it out.

As September came, I noticed that my left knee was beginning to hurt, it became inflamed, and was hot to the touch, I realized that something was seriously wrong, when I couldn't get out of the bathtub. I noticed something he was doing at that time, that I never saw before from any of my dogs, or cats I previously had.

My mother who lives with me, was downstairs in the kitchen, and when I couldn't get out of the tub, I started banging on the floor for help, my mother who thought the banging was coming from next-door just continued cooking. Simba though was busy, I would notice that he would come to the bathroom, and stick his paw under the door, and then take off, he repeated this for at least 20 minutes, until my mother came to help.

It was then that I realized that Simba was highly intelligent, but had a good side, he was capable of being a loving cat.

A couple days later, I made an emergency appointment with my doctor, since by now I was in dire need of medical attention.

It turned out that Simba had scratched me, and gave me a staph infection or sepsis, which led me to having major surgery on my left knee, and calf.

After a week in the hospital, and 40 days in a rehabilitation center where I was given antibiotics 3 times a day, through an IV, for an hour each time, I also had to learn to walk again, and even had a walker.

During this time, I was told that Simba would lay day and night on my bed, awaiting for my return.

On my return home, I noticed something different about Simba, he no longer attacked, or stalked.

We took him to the vet, where we were told that Simba's first year of life was filled with violence, and even abuse, it was so bad, the vet put him on Prozac, because he had major PTSD.

Since the summer of '22 Simba made huge steps to be a loving cat, he knows how to do tricks, he loves playing with his toy balls, or chasing a laser.

He likes to hang out in high places, on top of cabinets, grandfather clock, or the top of the bridge of a headboard, when I come home from visiting the doctor, or shopping, he will greet me in the living room, but never once attempted to escape.

He has 3 cat towers, where can gaze outside, he loves TV, he prefers cartoons, watching birds on cat TV, and even the news. Anything that has action.

He loves to eat, especially if we're opening a new can of cat food, he has only the best healthy treats, and loves catnip, playing with a feather toy, or chasing, and leaping in the air for his toy balls, Simba will always be a work in progress, but it brings me joy to see how different he is compared to what he came from.

Throughout my life many have judged, and caused me trauma so bad, that I even have PTSD, and anxiety.

I couldn't give up on Simba, like many gave up on me, I want Simba to have a happy, and joyous life.

Nobody should have to live a life of fear, violence, and or abuse, it shouldn't matter if they are human, or animals, pets.

We can now pet him, or pick him up, he loves when I hold him close to my face, as I pick him up to help him on top of the headboard, or cabinets.

There are still rare moments where, you can see a change in his face from being sweet, to the way he was before, just like people who suffer from PTSD, and how something can trigger them, something triggers Simba's mind, this can be resolved quickly, by talking to him in a comforting soft voice.

I've noticed that Simba has a rather bold personality, that seems to say, "My name is SIMBA, and don't nobody forget it."

What does the future hold out for us and Simba, I'm not sure, I do know that no matter what, nothing will stop me from loving Simba.

I know Isabella, and Co-Co are looking down on us smiling, knowing that just like them, we are sharing our lives with another pet that needed the love that we show, I know this is what they'd want us to continue to do.

walker68
walker68
13 Followers