All Comments on 'My Only Talent Ch. 43'

by conanthe

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great that you are back!

Love the series

j15555j15555about 4 years ago
Going downhill

I liked this srory for a while, but it seems to be going downhill now. I think part of it is that there are now way too many storylines. It started out about Robbie, but now there are so many other storylines going on, it just makes it confusing. Also, with Robbie losing(?) his gift, why isn’t he more freaked out about? Why hasn’t he talked to his family about it since they should know? He seems to be just moving on like he lost his watch or something, it just doesn’t seem to fit with the story considering that is what the story is based on.

I hope it gets back to being mostly about Robbie and his gift again.

BruceWoBruceWoabout 4 years ago
Thank you.

A wonderful Easter present. Just when I thought the story had dried up. It brightened up my week. Probably the best of your stories for a year. Hope you and your family are safe and well.

dunmovynivdunmovynivabout 4 years ago
Well

This has gone completely away from where you started. I got bored 2 pages in. Too much narration. And the talent gone, it’s just hollow. I can’t get back into it.

CBellsCBellsabout 4 years ago
Thank you so much!

Thank you so much for returning to this series! It is an intriguing tale and you weave it so very well. Please keep up the great work!

Bigpat55Bigpat55about 4 years ago
refocus on what matters

some of these comments are a tad harsh, but I'll freely admit, i scrolled over anything that didn't have to do with Robbie or Suzanne as it didn't interest me in the slightest. my reason for this is that the bulk of the series is about your main characters, and you've imho veered off from them with too many side stories and characters with less reason for the reader to keep being attentive to your new chapters. i was very dissapointed that no mention of his 2 future wives were in this story. but this is a good thing because now that you know your readers dont care about the side stories you dont have to devote as much energy to continue them. I would just divest your energies from them and put them back into Robbie, Suzanne, Lara, and Nora. the development of what happens to them, is my primary reason for reading. you write well, but for some reason you've chosen to focus too much on side stories which i hope will stop since its not why most ppl are reading. they care about the 4 main characters alot dude :)

AmmononAmmononabout 4 years ago
Thank you

I love the story. It is worth waiting 3 months for each installment. I am grateful that real life allows you to continue writing this tale. This is the only story I look for when I check mind control. I would be willing to pay for this story.

Thank you.

ArtemisjbArtemisjbabout 4 years ago
More please

Love the side stories especially DB's storyline. Ignore the haters!

I also kind of like Robbie's talent being on the fritz. It gives him the opportunity to grow as a person, particularly in terms of empathy, which will eventually make him a better husband and father.

I hate who Suzanne has become. If she wants to be a dom, that's cool, but cheating on your husband, who is going through hell... WTAF?! I hope Mike dumps her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Amazing and Engrossing,

I’ve perused this site for many year and have never commented on a story before, but feel that I must in this case. I have never been so engrossed, as I am with you series. I’ve stumbled on it from time to time but never gotten any further than the first few chapters. This time however I was enthralled and found myself eagerly devouring each chapter. So much so that I read all 43 parts in a little under two days. Please keep up the amazing work! Some stories never get a proper ending and it is my sincerest wish that you keep writing and bring this story to a complete close whatever that might be. I’m on tender hooks waiting for the next development and hope you don’t keep us waiting to long. Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Why?

You lost your way and destroyed a good story line - this has become confusing and boring.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Also disappointed

I really enjoyed following the story during the early chapters, and I’ve checked back occasionally to see if it’s returned to its roots. Unfortunately it’s become way too unbelievable from both a sexual exploits standpoint (orgies for university bigwigs organized by a freshman?) and being led to believe that matters of great import (the fate of the western world?) rely on that self-same freshman. Too many storylines to track. Suzanne has turned out to be a vile human being, and Robbie is amoral at best, though probably totally immoral given that all of his thinking appears to happen below his belt. It would have been a great, original 10-chapter story... I’m finished waiting for it to make sense. There are too many much better stories on Lit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not sure how to feel

Lets get the easy stuff out of the way: Suzanne has turned into a sadistic shitebag. The idea that she would actively attempt to disrupt a marriage - and has zero compunction about remaining faithful to the "All Important Mike" from just a few chapters ago seems... well, it's as though she's had a psychotic break and changed personalities completely.

While I'm glad you've 'saved' Alexander, it seems as though Suzanne has been jettisoned into darkness, her dad actively providing a way for her to cuckold her disabled husband just proves that she is either not at all who she pretended to be, or she's just plain broken, as mentioned.

I'm not yelling at you or angry at you, I'm disappointed with the character and hoping that you have a plan to redeem or help her. Nobody likes to see people suffer, and she is heading towards a world of suffering.

Now, the tougher topic. Robbie wasn't exactly 'insecure', but early on he made lots of references - and visits - to his family. Now he's in and out and never even says 'boo' to his Talent-Aware family in the midst of the single greatest time of crisis in his life. It just doesn't fit the character you built. He never even considers turning to his elders for advice, which is a key character trait you have built into him from the beginning. Furthermore, I can't see that you've given him anything else specific to drive him forward and distract him from that central core trait.

Yeah, he's gonna be a father, but he's (they've) got a plan for that.

I'm just disappointed with the way Robbie seems to have disconnected from 'who he was' in these last few chapters.

He is 'human', and certainly young enough to make these kinds of mistakes. I have to assume you have some form of plan for either revealing what's going on, or having him crash and burn and finally revert to the good hearted guy that I have been rooting for for the first 40 chapters.

Thanks again for sharing your time and talent, this continues to be one of my all time favorite tales.

Jason

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
@conanthe

Just curious, but do you read the comments and messages sent to you. This isn’t a judgement or anything, just wanted to know if you read them or not. If you do, do you ever incorporate your readers thoughts into your story? Do you answer the questions asked? I like your story. It is an interesting twist on the mind reading genre. I have some questions about some points in the story, but I don’t know if it’s worth it to ask.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Keep up the good work mate!

This series is exciting to say at the least. The character development was great and the twists and turns made me wanna gobble up the whole story in one go. The part of Suzanne dumping Robbie made it more human, even if I hated him go crazy over things he couldn't control. Plus, Suzanne has traded places with Lara from the beginning, where domination was the new thing among these three. I hope you bring Robbie's Vitamin D for here pampered and soon to be crumbled persona.

Nora is a queen, and her bond with Robbie, both physical and mental, raises the bar to a whole new level. Would love to have her part increased in the later parts.

And the last thing I can say, is please do not drop this story. This is one of the rare stories that should be on the best creative and story-telling lists, and your creativity with it, makes us readers wait patiently for the next part. The wait is always, worth it!

Regards,

A fan of your writing...

realusmctazmanrealusmctazmanalmost 4 years ago
Keep doing what you do!

I can't wait to see how all these storylines the together in the future. We need to see if the Suzy signals come back once Laura gets pregnant, and if he gets the full range back once the kids are born. Trying to patiently wait for the next chapter. JT

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Here's to the next 43

Just ran across the April installment. Had not checked on the story

due to the distant spacing of recent posts. No reason to seek out disappointment.

I am having trouble coming to grips with the complaints that are being tossed about. You would think you were some beginner and receiving feed back from your first attempt at writing.

It's not like "most every chapter" of this story still owns a place in the Mind Control top 250.

Those urging you to quit are the types that would tell George R.R. to quit TGOT because it was taking to long and they disagreed with the out come of some of the story plots.

Those complaining about Suzanne did not read the story very well 6 years ago.

The fore telling that things were not going as Robbie wanted was more than eluded too.

But Hey Hey Hey, whats the saying. "Different strokes for different folks."

"Kind of the whole point this web site was built on."

The story "I see it' is the story of a guys freshman year in college. A lot of twists and turns and lines of inquiry that turned into dead ends. Kind of mimics real life in that aspect.

"Note to self." Life Lesson- Things seldom turn out as we would like for them too.

I told that Covid 19 virus to go away but it didn't.

Can I wright to the author of the virus and complain?

I will admit to being flustered it has taken 8 years to write Robbie's first year of college. But I guess it takes time to polish diamonds. Besides I did not have mine the diamonds or spend any time polishing them. I just get to read them and they're brilliant!

It appears 'The beginning of the fall' starts as a summation and wrap up of year one and hopefully "the beginning of year two." If it takes eight more years to write it, this loyal reader will still enjoy it.

To the nay Sayers. "UMGAWA!"

Nay Sayers could be a reason for dwindling number of views in the overall web site . It is a dog eat dog in the business world of porn , more competition less revenue. This should generate a story titled 'How to screw things up when your really trying' in the "novella" or "How to" sections.

If the nay Sayers are attempting to create controversy by way of a cat fight. This should generate a story titled 'The law of unintended consequences.'

Conanthe keep up the interesting an well written story. The character development is as good as many on the best sellers lists.

rlcsub63rlcsub63almost 4 years ago
Story Concerns / Issues

I am writing to tell you that I found your story (My Only Talent) to be both riveting and compelling to read. Your knowledge of math, science and other technical issues brought a touch of realism to the story that is often absent in fiction today. At times, your use of humor was both subtle and pleasing. I would also like to bring to attention a few concerns that I hope you can address in future chapters as well as revisions to existing chapters.

In Chapter 17, your main character Robbie promises Spear Overtop that “maybe I can arrange for you to meet her in some context. Give me some time to work on it?” He also told and Ivor Greentree that he “might be able to arrange for you to meet her without violating those promises, but I can't specifically introduce you.” Robbie strikes me as the kind of person who follows through on his promises yet nothing was ever said again about these promises. Moreover, Spear Overtop and Ivor Greentree are not the kind of men that you want to make a promise to and forget. Shame on you.

At three (3) different times during Chapter 21, Robbie indicated that he “could not shake the feeling that I had forgotten something.” I didn’t find any reference that he remembered what it was at any time during this story. It must have been important for him to think about it so many times or did you forget?

In Chapter 26, Robbie agreed to help Gunther with recruiting Muffy McGunnigle to the ESU rowing team. Not only did he not try to help with her recruiting but he later hit Gunther with a blast that might have left him seriously injured. Another loose string in the story that you have left behind.

In Chapter 30, when Robbie and Suzanne visit Gunther and Strelsa for a little man-on-girl-on man action, Robbie “wanted to pick up the jawbone of an ass, a baseball bat, or even a tennis racket, and bash Günter's skull in.” The resulting impact on Gunther left him uncounscious, very nearly bashing his skull into the wall had Strelsa not grabbed his head and guided it to the bed. After that Robbie and Suzanne dressed and left Strelsa alone to take care of Gunther. I didn’t see any effort by Robbie following that to check on Gunther’s health. For all he knew, Gunther had died leaving a broken widow in Strelsa. Robbie might have been forgiven this because he didn’t know he could do that. However, it happened again in England when Robbie rendered Duran Drathars unconscious when he “heard a loud buzz and saw flash of white light.” This time, Robbie knew that he had done this. Although Duran Drathars recovered, Robbie made no effort to understand or control what he had done. Hardly the work of the story’s “hero.” In fact, he had one-night stands with Melanie and Sarah that lead to terrible psychological repercussions for both of them despite his mother’s early warning in Chapter 1. It could even be said that Robbie is no hero at all, given that his first actions after setline into his dorm room was to start stalking incoming freshman women as they checked in at the “Freshman Orientation” table. Maybe you can rehabilitate Robbie as a hero by revising those scenes to show him as more reflective and concerned.

I would be remiss if I did not point out that I found the sex scenes to be un-necessarily repetitive and boring. I’ve seen this in other stories on this site. Fortunately, your sex scenes contain no information critical to the story’s plot so I could simply skip them and read on without missing any important story points.

As a small point, I would like to a little better effort to improve your review and word-smithing of this story. These failures can make reading the story difficult to follow.

Finally, my last question / concern is, “why isn’t this story done yet?" Your story so far consists of 1,268 words in 43 chapters spanning from 2/22/12 to 4/9/20 and there is no end in sight. If Robbie’s powers do not reach their full strength until he reaches 26 and he’s only 19 as the story ends with the story only covering one year of his life, the story will not be over until well after both you and I are dead and buried.

Imagine, if you will, that you are a merchant in Elizabethan England. You’ve heard about a new writer who will be presenting a play at the local theater so you set out one evening with your good friends for an evening at the theater. The crowd is large and noisy but quickly falls silent as the curtain rises on Act 1 Scene 1. The actors are good and the material is riveting. You and your friends are finding it very enjoyable. At the end of the Act 1 Scene 1, the writer steps out from behind the curtain to thank you for your attendance and interest. He goes on to tell you that as soon as he completes the writing of Act 1 Scene 2 you are welcome to return and further enjoy his play. You grumble to yourself as you leave the theater, nobody will ever remember the name of William Shakespeare!

Please do all of your readers a favor and don’t publish until you have a complete story to share.

rlcsub63rlcsub63almost 4 years ago
A Little Input

Dear Conanthe:

I am writing to tell you that I found your story (My Only Talent) to be both riveting and compelling to read. Your knowledge of math, science and other technical issues brought a touch of realism to the story that is often absent in fiction today. At times, your use of humor was both subtle and pleasing. I would also like to bring to attention a few concerns that I hope you can address in future chapters as well as revisions to existing chapters.

In Chapter 17, your main character Robbie promises Spear Overtop that “maybe I can arrange for you to meet her in some context. Give me some time to work on it?” He also told and Ivor Greentree that he “might be able to arrange for you to meet her without violating those promises, but I can't specifically introduce you.” Robbie strikes me as the kind of person who follows through on his promises yet nothing was ever said again about these promises. Moreover, Spear Overtop and Ivor Greentree are not the kind of men that you want to make a promise to and forget. Shame on you.

At three (3) different times during Chapter 21, Robbie indicated that he “could not shake the feeling that I had forgotten something.” I didn’t find any reference that he remembered what it was at any time during this story. It must have been important for him to think about it so many times or did you forget?

In Chapter 26, Robbie agreed to help Gunther with recruiting Muffy McGunnigle to the ESU rowing team. Not only did he not try to help with her recruiting but he later hit Gunther with a blast that might have left him seriously injured. Another loose string in the story that you have left behind.

In Chapter 30, when Robbie and Suzanne visit Gunther and Strelsa for a little man-on-girl-on man action, Robbie “wanted to pick up the jawbone of an ass, a baseball bat, or even a tennis racket, and bash Günter's skull in.” The resulting impact on Gunther left him uncounscious, very nearly bashing his skull into the wall had Strelsa not grabbed his head and guided it to the bed. After that Robbie and Suzanne dressed and left Strelsa alone to take care of Gunther. I didn’t see any effort by Robbie following that to check on Gunther’s health. For all he knew, Gunther had died leaving a broken widow in Strelsa. Robbie might have been forgiven this because he didn’t know he could do that. However, it happened again in England when Robbie rendered Duran Drathars unconscious when he “heard a loud buzz and saw flash of white light.” This time, Robbie knew that he had done this. Although Duran Drathars recovered, Robbie made no effort to understand or control what he had done. Hardly the work of the story’s “hero.” In fact, he had one-night stands with Melanie and Sarah that lead to terrible psychological repercussions for both of them despite his mother’s early warning in Chapter 1. It could even be said that Robbie is no hero at all, given that his first actions after setline into his dorm room was to start stalking incoming freshman women as they checked in at the “Freshman Orientation” table. Maybe you can rehabilitate Robbie as a hero by revising those scenes to show him as more reflective and concerned.

I would be remiss if I did not point out that I found the sex scenes to be un-necessarily repetitive and boring. Tell the truth, you used cut and paste a lot didn’t you? I’ve seen this in other stories on this site. Fortunately, your sex scenes contain no information critical to the story’s plot so I could simply skip them and read on without missing any important story points.

As a small point, I would like to a little better effort to improve your review and word-smithing of this story. These failures can make reading the story difficult to follow.

Finally, my last question / concern is, “why isn’t this story done yet?" Your story so far consists of 1,268 words in 43 chapters spanning from 2/22/12 to 4/9/20 and there is no end in sight. If Robbie’s powers do not reach their full strength until he reaches 26 and he’s only 19 as the story ends with the story only covering one year of his life, the story will not be over until well after both you and I are dead and buried.

Imagine, if you will, that you are a merchant in Elizabethan England. You’ve heard about a new writer who will be presenting a play at the local theater so you set out one evening with your good friends for an evening at the theater. The crowd is large and noisy but quickly falls silent as the curtain rises on Act 1 Scene 1. The actors are good and the material is riveting. You and your friends are finding it very enjoyable. At the end of the Act 1 Scene 1, the writer steps out from behind the curtain to thank you for your attendance and interest. He goes on to tell you that as soon as he completes the writing of Act 1 Scene 2 you are welcome to return and further enjoy his play. You grumble to yourself as you leave the theater, nobody will ever remember the name of William Shakespeare!

Please do all of your readers a favor and don’t publish until you have a complete story to share.

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 3 years ago
rebuttal

@rlcsub63 you couch your insults and derision in sanctimonious drivel.

Let's try to be clear: scum like you are why quality authors quit writing.

Yes, they need to have thick skins, but this is a FREE SITE.

To put it in a way that your mommy told you this morning: FUCK OFF AND GET OUT OF MY BASEMENT!

Wait, that's the most common one... the one she Failed to teach your sorry bitch ass thirty years ago when you were a kid is: IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY, FUCK OFF AND GET OUT OF MY BASEMENT!

It's a mixed metaphor... cuz yer smrt like dat.

J

rlcsub63rlcsub63over 3 years ago
Apology

I'd like to apologize to Conanthe on behalf of @JasonRTaylor who, apparently, considers Conanthe and every other author who publishes his/her work on Literotica to be rank amateurs who cannot accept a critique simply because he/she publishes on a free site. I sincerely think that Conanthe's work can be published for sale if he simply addresses a few shortcomings and remembers that he must always cater to his customers (his readers). Art only sells when the reader wants to buy it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Great story! I actually liked Suzanne going off the rails, and was also glad he resisted, because that would just bring in a ton of drama. I used to be one of the people who didn't like all the extra side stories, but then they got interesting. Though I do hope they converge, or else there's not much point to them. Again, good job!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous