All Comments on 'My Only Talent Ch. 50'

by conanthe

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Wow! I've followed this story for quite some time and I want to thank you for a story that is both well written, emotionally charged at times and one that left me feeling fulfilled and satisfied with the ending. Great Job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Good writing up until you began the summarizing of the various character fates at the end which could have been handled differently, as it seemed you were just trying to end this series of stories. For instance, finishing off this story with the public marriage of Robbie to Lara to Nora at Jay's Grandfather's ranch would have been the perfect ending. You also did not give updates on any of Robbie's friends at his Nerd Fraternity, nothing on Ralph, Cisco, Husky Varney or Oiler.

Chapter 50 seems like a good place to end this series of stories. Hope you return to a subset of these characters.

I can see 5 story series that could be spun off from this story.

1. A continuation of the story focused on Robbie, Nora, Lara and their sons.

2. A story focused on Jay & Millie Kincaid

3. A story focused on Chrissy and her foursome, including Khaled King's NFL career

4. A story focused on Kevin and Lou Baby

5. A story centered on Alexander Walton after the official retirement of Ambassador Pliskin's retirement.

1thaiguy1thaiguyabout 3 years ago

Been a great series thanks

realusmctazmanrealusmctazmanabout 3 years ago
Thanks

Another awesome chapter. Looking forward to more from all your stories, not just Robby and crew. Thank you for sharing your talent. GEAUX Horns! JT .

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1about 3 years ago

Last 10 chapters were sub par.

BruceWoBruceWoabout 3 years ago

Thank you for an amazing series. I have loved all but a few chapters. If you were on Patreon I would have paid $10/chapter.

The density of your stories is inspiring.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Been following the story for 9 years - great job and as usual, 5 stars and many thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

FANTASTIC! Well done! Many thanks for your wonderfully erudite storytelling. I took such pleasure in your thoughtful, imaginative story about where Robbie's Suzie signal exploits and other talents took him. Again many thanks!

TSreaderTSreaderabout 3 years ago

I'm sorry to see this wonderfully written story end. But you did do it justice with a fitting ending and wrap up! Thank you for that btw. And thank you for sharing this with us for so long. I hope there are more stories coming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Congrat!! Sad to see the ending but happy to have read it and for your genius in writing it!! Will there be a future story on how the "Rug Rat" grows and follows his father's footstep?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I agree with most of your fans as I am also very sad for this wonderful tale to end. The quantity of entertainment you put into each chapter was just as brilliant as the quality which was all 5 ⭐️ and more if it were possible. Their were a number of characters that felt like real friends which I really noticed when I binge read the entire story one weekend. The worst thing was that I wanted more of it but that seems to always be the way when you find something that you deeply enjoy. The emotions from this story ran the gamut and sometimes in a surprisingly strong way which is another of the marks of a great story. I want to thank you for all your tireless work that was put into this story. I have no idea the amount of time invested but it has to be huge. Your character creation was excellent as was the way you managed not just their interaction but how you managed to wrap things up between them. It was a serious honor and privilege to be able to become lost in your world of Robbie Roberts and his cohorts and I am so happy that this is one tale that I did not miss out on.

Stay safe, be well and take a rest...you earned it.

J.D.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Overall great story for a long time but this chapter absolutely feels like “I am tired of writing this story and need a way out - THE END”. Don’t get me wrong I get it, but you left a lot of loose threads hanging about, and that really prevents me from feeling that this story finished.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Thank you for the huge story and the effort you put into your character-development. The story touched me emotionally several times. I've even been heartbroken for a week when that thing with Suzanne went wrong. Therefore I'm not so happy with this ending. I just miss that PerfectPliskinPussy very much.

ForgecoldironForgecoldironabout 3 years ago

I will miss reading new chapters of such a wonderful story, but I understand at some point the things you can plausibly have characters do runs out or becomes cliche. It is best to wrap it up before that happens.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Thank you for this fantastic story. I have been invested in Robbie’s relationships for more than five years and am always looking for the next chapter. Fifty is a nice round number to end it on. I wish you the best and hope you continue writing here as your stories are enjoyable to read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I waited impationtly for the next chapters to arrive and am a little sad that the novel seems to be finished. Overall the basic idea of the plot is great. It allowed for some outragious chapters and a good mix of sex and entertainement/suspens. I admit that at times I was a bit overwhelmed by the competing strings of subplots but being 72 and German does not make for a competent critic. Thank you very much for the generosity of sharing your time with us readers. It is appreciated.

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2uabout 3 years ago

Yeah I know it had to end and we are lucky you sort of ended it. However it just seems so empty. The story was just getting very good instead of just good and.... it ends.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

My only confusion is why this isn't rated 5.0?

I'm simply stunned at how you pulled, twisted, cajoled and simply explained all of those plot threads, characters, romances and relationships into such a solid conclusion

This is easily one of my favorite series and I will enjoy re-reading it in a year while I wait for your future works.

Thanks again for sharing your time and talent!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

What an amazing journey, you should turn this into a novel and sell it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A great end to a simply wonderful story. Thank you for your effort in writing this. You are one of three great authors on this sight,(Literotica) in my opinion.

HOG57headHOG57headalmost 3 years ago

Wow! Great story. At first i thought 50? You have got to be kidding! Then in the 30 somethings i was enthralled as to how you would tie it up within 50. But you succeeded. Thank you for writing this epic story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ok, so I was hooked on part 1, and it kept me engaged through all of the story. HOW THE F?! After 50 parts I still want more? Geeze! You should write TV series or something... wait, this would make an awesome series for Amazon or similar with just some taming of the sex scenes!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I burned through this epic tale and have three things to say:

First, Thank you!

Second, I cannot believe how much I enjoyed learning or how much I learned.

Third, this could easily be a t.v. series.

Last, Thank You for sharing so much of your time and obvious writing talent for free!

dunmovynivdunmovynivover 2 years ago

Good series. This ending though, just read as if you were tired of writing about it.

wardnuke1968wardnuke1968over 2 years ago

I have to say that I agree with many of the previous comments. I didn't come to this series until after you'd finished it. I absolutley was enthralled by about Chpt 15. I was crushed with how things worked out with Suzanne. I was really digging her. My 2 cents worth would have been to do everything you did in the plot involving her right up until Mike began to really get his feet, literally, under him and then turn him into a real asshole. Then have Suzanne realize that Robbie was REALLY the one for her and develop a plot / way for her to return to Robbie and the girls. Her "Intervention" was necessary as you wrote it, but it was a little light and honestly, I really liked the chemistry she and Robbie had along with Lara and Nora. Of everything in this series, that was the one thing that disappointed me. Other than that, I have to say it was captivating and I literally spent 24 hours reading the entire series no stop. Hopefully you open some new chapters as some others have suggested. Great story.

1Merlin1Merlinover 2 years ago

I could go on and on but will simply say I found this story extremely interesting and entertaining.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Hey sorry you got tired of writing this series cause it was outstanding until the last two chapters... Great job.

James_DuncanJames_Duncanover 2 years ago

Nice wrap up, but after all the detail of the earlier chapters, it kind of felt like you'd fallen out of love with telling the story.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

This started out as a really great tale with a killer metanarrative....then you kept on keeping on...and seemed like each story you had to top yourself on the sex play. To do this you kept injecting Deux ex Machina plot twists to frame the metanarrative for a new story filled with even more off the wall sex.... BUT...writing all that and constantly changing the metanarrative by Deux ex Machina plot inserts from off stage may work in Shakespeare's play where everything is written and rewritten and polished...but when you are writing this stuff in an everlasting chain of sequels like this...it is increasingly difficult for the author and frankly your readers to keep track of all your nonsense. There is basically a rule to this stuff that kind of runs like this: The more you use Deux ex Machina plot saves....the more complex your metanarrative gets...your tapestry stops being simple and becomes increasingly complex...with all kinds of out of place strands messing the whole thing up and making your overall pattern too complex to discern.

As you progressed in this storyline (metanarrative) it became increasingly more difficult to see said story line as you became more interested in doing one off aside episodes to include some bizarre sex into the story. As this happened over and over again...towards the final four episodes, your had fatally hulled your good ship metanarrative...and were awash to the decks. The whole thing was such a convoluted mess that by episode 48 you wisely decided to exit stage left while this story had anything left resembling a basic metanarrative. That is why, I think your episode 50 is a rehash and tying together of all the screwed up dangling story lines to attempt to achieve some form of cloture for us poor benighted readers.

It was a noble endeavor and frankly 45 pages of outstanding stroke material...but it could have been so much better IF you had laid out your objective goals for the endgame...and STUCK TO IT! Next time I would advise you spend some time up front laying out a overall metanarrative outline...and AVOID THE SPURIENT SEX EPISODES that do not contribute to the main story line.

I have been blessed to write technical documents of literally hundreds and thousands of pages during my 35 years of consultant practice and have had a fun second career as a university writing professor. I find that the rule for ALL good written works is KISS.....Keep It Simple Stupid. Spend more time organizing and laying the whole thing out....research your topic until your head almost busts....then put it down for a week or so and play video games or something utterly off subject... That lets your unconscious work on your writing effort...you must always remember...that ALL great writing must come from inside... You have a supercomputer in your head in that lovely unconscious that you cannot directly touch.... The communication comes to you through dreams, impressions, and data dumps. On my second masters degree...in literature...I was required to do almost toastmaster daily topic type of stuff where I had to write on the spur...on subjects that were so bizarre that It begs the imagination. I would always read, research, digest, put the darn thing down for a week...let my unconscious percolate and then about 2-3 in the morning...I would get the data dump... I would wake up...and record the whole thing into Word as fast as it would spew out of my head. Then I would go back to sleep...wake up refreshed the next morning late....and then edit it over the next couple of days.. I was able to maintain a perfect 4.0 average...and was able to enjoy papers that would get absolutely serendipitous cross connections of polymathic proportions.

I strongly suggest this for your work...you have the real writing skill and your individual stories sing.... your problems are in the longer linked story networks like this..in which you are coming up with new stuff on the fly. Ignoring the long term connectivity of the overall narrative in favor of the short term sex stuff. Both are necessary...and you must use moderation to do it right.

Anyway...good luck ahd I look forward to seeing more sections of your writing garden soon,

nyteramblernyteramblerabout 2 years ago

I really enjoyed the story and most of the twists that yo gave it. But I do agree that Mike could have not have become a part of story. Would like more of it. But figure that it is done.

Thank you for your hard work and effort.

vern95660vern95660over 1 year ago

I really enjoyed the story overall and wanted to thank you for sharing it with us. I read some of the other comments and would have to agree you seemed distracted somehow in as you were leaving things hanging without resolve. One such thing is the Commission Robbie should have received from insurance contracts. I also noticed you said both Lara and Nora made more money than Robbie. How is that possible when Robbie should have received millions from his commission from insurance contracts with Abelard Peters, and what should have amounted to many millions from Government contracts.

I will close this with thanking you again for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I've really enjoyed this story. It's a delightful fantasy in an interesting universe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Have you sold the TV series rights?

LynchjimLynchjimabout 1 year ago

I started reading this at chapter 4 and loved it completely I reread it probably 17 times and I’m about to yet again. Please think about finishing it properly to me it seemed you just had enough and ended it as quickly as you could think to you put many years of your life into this you and the story deserve a real worked finish. Start a Patreon page I’d pay you $5 per chapter for it.

CAkinkCAkinkabout 1 year ago

Great story. It goes into my hall of fame alongside "The Defenseman" by Coldcreek (storiesonline.net) and the "Ordinary Sex Life" stories by Bluedragon (also storiesonline.net). This story had great character development and prioritized the story over the sex scenes. The sex scenes were really good too. I think an editor would have improved the few minor issues in the story - typos, a little continuity and the random disappearance of Sarah. All-in-all a great read that I could not put down. Bravo.

daves_not_heredaves_not_here26 days ago

Great series. I just found it a few days ago and it occupied mosth of my free time!

Thanks

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous