My Plus One

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Obviously happy to see his brother with someone, Chris's looked back and forth between them beaming, once he heard that they were a couple. Reaching out, he shook Marina's hand with both of his, and said pointedly, "It's really nice to meet you, Marina."

Smiling as she eyed Henry, Marina said, "You, too."

Then Chris, looking a little anxious asked his brother, "So, did the cake make it here in one piece? Jenn can hardly wait to see it."

"I was going to get us checked in first, then I'll drive it around to the kitchen, so they can find a cool place to store it. But it should be fine, I had it boxed in to keep it steady on the drive up. And I brought some extra icing in case it needs a touch up."

Chris nodded, then eyed his brother for a moment, and finally looking a little uncomfortable, drew in a breath and said, "Uh... before you go to check in, I should probably mention that dad's here."

"I know, we saw him when we came in. And thought he was looking pretty good."

"Yeah, he is. He's really cleaned himself up." Then Chris hesitated before he told him the rest. "The thing is, the place is fully booked. So, when dad finally agreed to come, I had to give him the extra room you asked for. And I hope that won't be a problem."

Not expecting that, Henry and Marina just stared at each other for a moment, till Marina realized that Chris was waiting for an answer. She decided she'd better try and explain away the need for an extra room, so he wouldn't wonder why they weren't sharing, considering they were supposed to be dating. "No, it's fine, Chris. We just thought it would be fun to dress in separate rooms, so we wouldn't see each other in costume till right before the wedding." She gave Henry a teasing smile. "But I guess one of us will just have to get dressed in the bathroom."

Relieved that she'd played along, Henry reached out and squeezed her hand, hoping she could see how grateful he was that she was keeping up the ruse. Even though they'd just been told that they'd have to share a room, which neither of them had planned on.

"Well, I'm glad you're okay with it." Then Chris took a look at his watch, and took a deep breath. "Now I've got to go and meet with Jenn and the Minister. The wedding rehearsal is at six, and the dinner will be right after in the main dining room. And I've still got to get dressed. I just hope it all goes smoothly, especially with mom and dad."

Noticing how rattled he looked, Henry put a hand on his brother's shoulder. "Just take a few deep breaths, Chris. Everything'll be fine. Why don't you go and find your bride and try and have some alone time with her before the rehearsal, while we get settled in."

After his brother nodded and walked away, as soon he was out of earshot, Henry turned to face Marina, hoping she was really okay with it. "Marina, I'm really sorry about the room. But if there's a couch, I can sleep on that, or I could even crash in the van, if I have to."

"Henry, I'm sure we can share a room. It's not like we're..." she waved her arm around trying to decide how to put it. "You know, actually involved or anything. And there's no way you're sleeping in a van when you're here for your brother's wedding."

Relieved, Henry managed a smile, deciding he liked her feisty side, and the fact she was cool with them sharing a room.

On the ride up in the elevator, the air was crackling with tension. Neither saying a word, as they wondered how it was going to work, with the two of them having to share a room for two whole nights, especially considering the fact that they weren't even dating.

After Henry unlocked the door to their room, and they stepped inside, you could have heard a pin drop in the carpet as they both stood and stared at the single queen size bed sitting in the middle of the room, feeling like it was staring back at them. Then they both looked around and noticed there was no couch, only two red ornate wing-backed chairs on either side of the window with a little table in between.

Suddenly, Marina started to laugh, and finally the tension broke, and Henry laughed, too. "Looks like we'll be sharing more than just a room," she said, eyeing the bed with the beautiful burgundy and white hand-stitched quilt, as she wondered what side of the bed he preferred to sleep on.

After he'd put their bags down, glad she was okay with it, Henry took a look at his watch. "I'd better go take care of the cake."

"Oh, how did it turn out?"

He shrugged. "I think Jenn will be pretty happy with it. It sure looks scary enough."

Marina grinned. "Have you got a picture of it?"

"Actually, I do." He patted his pocket. "I've got a couple of them on my phone."

"I'd love to see it."

Chuckling, Henry took hold of her by the chin, and dropped a kiss on the end of her nose. "You'll see it probably about the same time I finally get a look at that dress you'll be wearing to the wedding." He laughed at the way she narrowed her eyes on him, as he winked and said, "I'll be back soon."

Smiling to herself as she unpacked her things, Marina realized though it wasn't much of a kiss, and was only on the end of her nose, it was still the second time that he'd kissed her.

When Henry came back with two cappuccinos and a couple of pastries to tide them over till dinner, Marina was impressed that he was so thoughtful. He could have just had a coffee on his own, and she'd have never known. But the fact that he'd thought of her, made her really want to thank him with a kiss, but smack on the lips this time.

As he handed her the coffee, she settled for stroking her hand over his cheek and murmuring, "Thank you, Henry. It's really sweet of you."

He shrugged out of his jacket, and had to clear his throat to tell her, "The wedding cake looks good. Now I just have to hope that it makes it to the reception room in one piece for the cake cutting and the pictures."

They enjoyed their coffee together sitting by the window, looking out over the grounds. But when Henry glanced back at the bed, although so far, he'd manage to keep everything platonic, he almost dreaded the idea of crawling into bed with her.

He had a pretty strong feeling if she so much as touched him, once they were in bed together, his resolve would crumble faster than a dried-out cake.

"I think I'll get a shower, and change for dinner. Unless you want to go first?" he said, as he got to his feet, deciding he needed a distraction so that he'd stop staring at the damn bed.

"No. You go ahead. I'm sure I'll take longer than you, and I don't want to keep you waiting. I might even have a soak in the tub to try and unwind, before we have to put on a show for the rest of your family."

Henry shook his head, resisting the urge to groan. Just the thought of her warm and wet and covered in bubbles was enough to get things stirring in his boxers. He could just imagine how sexy she'd look lying back, soaking in the tub with her nice full breasts just barely peeking out above the water.

Gazing down at her, he picked up a lock of her silky, red hair and slid it through his fingers as he said, "Well, at least we like each other. So, we won't have to fake that."

Looking up at him, her gaze softened because the more she got to know him, the more she liked him. Smiling into his eyes, she agreed, "No. We definitely won't have to fake that."

After he'd had his shower, while Marina was in the bathroom getting ready, Henry got dressed in his new charcoal gray suit and burgundy tie. Taking a look at himself in the mirror on the back of the door, he wondered what she'd think of him dressed-up for a change. Turning to the side, taking a longer look at the cut of his fitted suit, he thought he cleaned up pretty good, but he'd find out pretty quick if she thought so, too.

Taking a seat on the edge of the bed, he turned on the TV and anxiously waited.

A few minutes later, when she strolled out of the bathroom, he could hardly believe his eyes. She just looked so enticing in her silky, black body-hugging dress with sexy red heels, that he could barely get a word out.

He got to his feet, walked over to her, and cleared his throat as he did a slow perusal over every inch of her. "Wow. You look beautiful," he murmured, once he finally remembered how to speak.

Marina reached out and straightened his tie, smiled into his eyes, and almost touching his lips, whispered against his mouth, "And you look very handsome."

When she stepped away to get her purse, Henry was tempted to pull her into his arms and finish what she almost started. Now all he could think of was having a taste of that sexy mouth.

Then he looked at the bed, that seemed to be looming in the middle of the room, and thought they'd better go down for the rehearsal dinner before things went any further.

Still, the way she smiled into his eyes in the elevator on the way down, he couldn't resist lacing his fingers through hers, lifting her hand to his lips, and pressing a kiss to her knuckles. Winking, he said, "Thought we'd better practice a little PDA, before we have to spend the night with the family."

Feeling a little breathless, just from the touch of his lips, Marina just nodded, wondering again, what she'd gotten herself into by agreeing to spend three whole days with him.

Both of them were smiling into each other's eyes as the elevator doors opened to the lobby as they stepped out arm in arm.

Henry spotted his mother, who saw the two of them approaching her together and her face lit up, at least at first. But up close, he could see she looked upset.

Still, she smiled and warmly shook Marina's hand as Henry introduced them, before she leaned in and whispered to her son, "Did you know that your father was here?"

Henry nodded. "Yeah, we saw him when we got here. He's looking good, though. Said he hasn't had a drink in months."

Anxiously wringing her hands as she looked around the room trying to spot him, she murmured, "I just hope it's true. I'd hate for him to cause a scene and ruin the wedding."

Henry noticed the small group of close family and friends gathered at the door and nodded his head. "I think the rehearsal's about to start, so we should head outside."

Henry looked up and noticed his father Hank chatting with his brother and fiancée Jenn. When his dad looked back and saw him with his mother, his expression softened and he gave her a watery smile that Henry noticed she returned, though her bottom lip was quivering. She just looked so emotional seeing her husband again, he squeezed her arm, and whispered, "It'll be okay, Mom."

Marina picked up on it too, and searched Henry's gaze wondering what was happening between them. When he whispered against her ear, "I don't think they're over each other." As she looked back and forth between them, she gave him a hopeful smile, since they both seemed pretty emotional.

Then she looked up and her mouth fell open when she realized exactly who his brother was marrying. Wide-eyed, she turned and looked at Henry. "Your brother is marrying Jennifer Wakefield? I had no idea. Didn't she just win an Academy Award and a Golden Globe for that Studio 54 movie?"

Henry shrugged. "Chris is a lighting technician that does a lot of work in movies. They met on a shoot a few years back, and they've been together ever since."

"Oh," Marina said, feeling a little stunned as she watched his brother and his celebrity fiancée approaching.

But the way pretty blonde Jenn's smile lit up her face as she pulled her in for a hug, kissed her cheek, gave her a little squeeze and said, "You must be Marina, it's so nice to meet you," instantly put her at ease.

Then Henry leaned in, pressed a kiss to his soon to be sister-in-law Jenn's cheek, and told her, "Only a few more hours now." Nodding his head at his brother, he teased, "There's still time to back out. You sure you want to do this?"

Jenn's bright blue eyes glittered with a mixture of affection and amusement as she smiled at her soon to be groom. "I know it's crazy, we've been together so long, but I can hardly wait to finally be able to say that he's mine."

Chris wrapped his arm around her waist, pulled her to his side, and the emotion in his eyes as he looked into hers, before he leaned in and tenderly kissed her, had everyone blinking back tears. Clearly, they were madly in love.

Slightly embarrassed to be getting so caught up, when Marina turned her head to wipe away a tear, out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Henry's parents were off on their own quietly talking. She tapped Henry's arm and subtly pointed towards them.

After watching for a moment Henry tipped his head in their direction so his brother could see what was happening.

Chris nodded. "Well at least they're talking."

When everyone had walked up the garden pathway to gather around the rose covered arch for the wedding rehearsal, the minister had everyone laughing, she was so much fun. She told everyone that it was the first time she had to go out and get herself a pointy hat to officiate a wedding. Then she cupped her hand around her mouth and joked in a stage whisper, "Though if you ask her, I'm sure my wife thinks I should be wearing one all the time."

The laughter subsided when she looked at Jenn and Chris, smiled and said, "I feel so honored to be marrying such a lovely young couple, that I can tell are very much in love."

Then looking out over the small crowd, she asked, "Who will be giving away the bride?"

When Jenn's mother and father walked up together both tearfully smiling, the rehearsal got under way.

Marina barely noticed that Henry had his arm around her the whole time, she'd gotten so comfortable with him.

When she smiled up at him, the way he looked down, winked and smiled back, she felt her heart squeeze. And she decided even if he was only pretending to have feelings for her, she was happy to be enjoying every minute of it.

Later, as the dishes were being cleared away after the soup course at dinner, Henry, smiling deep into her eyes, stroked a finger over Marina's cheek. Though a casual observer would be fooled into thinking that he actually cared, knowing it was all for show, had her wishing so hard that what they had between them was real. And that maybe, he'd finally seal the deal and kiss her.

Her breath hitched as he slowly dipped his head, his breath warm against her lips, her pulse racing as he inched closer. Sure, that he was finally going to touch his lips to hers, she let her eyes drift shut.

Then a man came up behind them, and shocked them both when he tapped him on the shoulder and told him, "Henry, your brother's out in the lobby, and he needs to go over a few details about the wedding tomorrow."

As her heart sank, the only consolation was that Henry looked as disappointed as she felt, at being interrupted when he was about to finally go in for a kiss.

With a shrug he said, "Be right back."

Chris was pacing out in the lobby, and the moment he saw his brother, he gestured for him to follow him outside. Once they were out in the garden, he looked around before he asked in a hushed voice, "So, did you put the opening where I told you?"

Henry nodded. "Yeah, the biggest tombstone lifts up and the opening is about 2 inches square, just like you asked for."

Chris dug into his pants pocket, pulled out a small blue velvet box, popped it open and showed him. Henry smiled as he looked down at the gold class ring before looking back up at his brother.

"Jenn's one regret is that she never finished high-school, because she got into acting so young. So, I phoned her old high-school. And after I explained, the principal decided to give her an honorary degree. Apparently, she was tops in her drama class and only needed two more credits to get her diploma. She would have gotten it too, if she didn't have to go on location for her first movie shoot, making her miss the last few weeks of school."

"That was nice of him to do that."

Chris nodded. "I thought so. He said he's a big fan of hers, and the whole school's pretty proud that she went there."

"It's probably their only claim to fame."

Chris chuckled. "Yeah, probably." Then he looked at the ring again. "When Jenn and I cut into the cake and she finds this, I'm going to show her the diploma. I just hope she doesn't break into tears, when she realizes that she's finally managed to graduate."

Henry clapped his brother on the shoulder. "It's a really nice gesture, Chris. I'm sure she'll be thrilled."

Chris nodded as he handed him the ring. "Jenn said she didn't want any jewelry or anything for a wedding gift. But I'm sure this'll mean way more to her than any fancy necklace or bracelet I could have bought her."

"I'm sure it will."

About to go back inside, Chris stopped and looked at his brother. "Hey, Jenn and I were wondering how come you've never mentioned Marina before. When we talked on the phone the other day, you never said you were seeing anyone when I asked you about bringing a date."

Hating to lie, especially to his brother, Henry decided it might be best to more or less tell him the truth. "Marina is in one of my classes. We stayed late to work on a cake one night, and I offered to drive her home. We'd both skipped dinner so we stopped for a bite to eat, and we just kind of hit it off." Looking past his brother, as he thought of her, he said, "But I noticed her the first night she walked in the room. It was kind of hard not to, with that long, red hair, and those big green eyes. And she's really sweet and pretty down to earth, too."

Chris chuckled. "Sounds serious."

Henry thought on that for a minute, shrugged and admitted, "I really do like her. She's like no one else I've ever met. But I'm not looking for anything long term. So, I don't think it would be fair to her to lead her on. She's pretty young, and she's got her whole life ahead of her. So, I don't want her wasting her time on me." Then he smiled at his brother, and patted him on the back. "But I just want you to know that I'm really happy that the two of you are living your dream and finally getting hitched. You're really good together, and I'm happy for you, bro'."

Chris smiled, as he heaved a sigh. "Yeah. Sometimes I can't believe that she actually wants to share her life with a guy like me, when she can have almost anyone she wants. But I'm just glad that whatever it is she sees in me, makes her happy."

"Hey, don't sell yourself short. I'm sure most of the people she meets are just hoping to ride her coattails, to see where it can get them. But Jenn knows you love her for who she really is, and not because she's famous."

Chris nodded thoughtfully for a moment, then he looked his brother in the eye. "And I hope if you and Marina are meant to be, that it works out for you, too."

Henry didn't answer, mostly because he didn't know what to say. Maybe if he hadn't gone through what he had with Tatyana he'd be open to something new, especially with someone as sweet as Marina.

Deciding to let it drop, Henry put the ring box in his pocket, tapped it and said, "I'll hide this in the cake tomorrow." Then he nodded towards the door. "Now we'd better get back inside, or they'll be wondering what happened to us."

When he sat down at the table beside her again, brow raised, Marina looked over at him and asked, "Everything okay?"

Henry smiled, reached over and squeezed her hand. "It's all good."

By the time coffee and dessert were being served Marina and Henry were both eyeing each other, looking a little anxious. Sliding his hand into the back of her hair, gently massaging her nape, he leaned in, touched his lips to her ear and whispered, "You know I could still sleep in the van, and let you have the room."

Marina could feel her breath hitch as her nipples grew achingly hard, just from the heat of his breath, and the things he was doing to her poor quivering body as he continued to work his fingers into her scalp.

123456...9