My Priority

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Mom claims to have seen one, but that was early in her lifetime," I stated.

"I have," said Lorelei. "I visited a spring goddess years ago. She appeared as a reflection in the water but still gave me the peace I needed at the time."

"That's really cool," said Trevor as we headed towards the Ferris wheel.

Emmie and Hunter got in line and boarded the ride along with Jeramin and his wife. I peered at the large thing and how far it reached into the sky.

"Well, I'm going back to the dance floor," Lorelei said and was quickly off, leaving Trevor and I alone to fidget.

"Hey, um, want to ride the Ferris wheel?" I asked. "Moth rides would be fun, but I think it would have been better if it were still daylight."

"I was waiting for you to ask," he cooed, but was interrupted by a gruff voice to my left.

"Gemini, come and get some Gefe'eski wine!" Ceresh yelled.

Trevor giggled at Ceresh as was neared a smaller tent with tables lined all the way to it's edges; noisy cheers and yells emitting from the inside.

"Ceresh, did you win the drinking contest you joined today?" I asked as he gave me a firm handshake.

"Nope, there are tougher people out there that easily out-drank me!" he shouted and burped something that produced blue magic from his breath that briefly formed fake fire from his mouth.

"That's nuts," I stated, nearly being drowned out by a group of men cheering towards the back of the tent.

"Hello, again," he said to Trevor as he lightly took his hand, Trevor bowing politely in response.

"You should try this," he shouted. "It's the best drink ever; it tastes different for everyone and gives you a boost of energy. It will paint what's in your head, but will never fail to get you hammered!"

"I don't have magic like my Mom; so it's probably not safe!" I said, laughing.

"It's fine, you don't have to have magic to safely drink it; but it will make you go blank if you get into a fight while on it!" he shouted and roared with laughter.

"Seriously? What sort of enchantment is that? That's absurd! What an absurd enchantment!" I laughed and shook my head as he heavily patted my shoulder.

"It makes everyone come out as chums in the end, so it's great!" he shouted along with everyone else in the tent. "But it's fine as long as you don't start a fight!"

"I had it in my previous town, it's really nice!" Trevor giggled at me as I considered trying it.

"Well, guess I'm not getting into fights tonight!" I shouted.

The group around Ceresh grabbed new mugs and handed one to me. We thumped their bottoms four times on the table and downed the liquid all together.

Intense flavors of raspberry and orange sherbert flooded my taste buds as my eyes temporarily seen bright colors that fazed out in little spirals.

"Whoa," I said in a daze as the flavor decided it was going to remain on my tongue.

"So what do you think? Ain't it great?!" he shouted.

Taking a breath, I nearly had a response, but in place came a loud burp that produced bright pink swirls that briefly turned into hearts before they gave a loud pop and were gone.

"That was...that...just ignore that!" I shouted as I had become instantly aware of the buzz the drink left.

Ceresh's group roared with laughter and clinked their mugs as they produced their own set of belches.

"That was prettier than our usual," he cried.

"Yeah, but I seen how sweet you can be to the ladies in the lodge," I said, jabbing him playfully with my shoulder.

More laughing erupted and he quickly asked me if I needed another.

"Nope, I think it's time for me to ride the Ferris wheel," I said, giving Ceresh a fist bump before we were off.

"Take care of your date, there," he shouted as his group decided on the next round.

---

"Do you feel anything strange?" asked Trevor as we stood in line for the Ferris wheel.

"So, that little bit did not get me drunk, but I can definitely feel it," I said with a grin. "I'm impressed, though, Mom and are are heavy weights when it comes to drinking, so it's nice to get a buzz off of such a small cup."

"I'm sure Boss got some of those for herself," he giggled.

"I do not doubt that," I laughed.

"Your turn," said the man as he had us step into the empty cart.

Trevor and I sat down and were soon accompanied by another couple in the four person tram. Soon enough, the wheel begun to turn and we slowly rose into the air before it was stopped in order to exchange another set of riders.

"Whoa, look at the cities," Trevor stated in awe, me looking to my left.

Sure enough, you could see the faint lights of the next town over, them speckling the land below.

"I'm glad you were able to join us tonight; you seem like you are having fun," he said lightly.

"Yeah, this was really a treat," I said, blissfully happy about Mom taking over the lodge. "Going to thank Mom next time I see her."

The tram was a small trolley with seats and the couple near us were engaged in their own activities.

I scratched my neck, inhaled, and lightly took Trevor's hand into mine, my buzz finally giving me bit more courage to face possible rejection from the beautiful person that sat right against me.

"Hey, thanks for keeping me company, it's been really nice," I stated, smiling happily at Trevor.

"You are welcome," he said, returning my smile and giving my hand a squeeze.

We sat there for a while, gazing at the landscape that was now bathed in the dark of night. The tram kept the wind off of us but was not designed to be warm as we ascended higher in the sky.

Trevor's cheeks were pink with cold, and I abandoned his hand to wrap my arm around him, leaning in embrace him in my arms. He lightly inhaled and smooshed the side of his cold face against my warm cheek, causing my head to go instantly numb.

After a minute or two, we released each other; it was rough to pull away from him, me quickly missing the raspberry that lightly emitted from him.

"So what did the drink taste like to you," he casually asked as he placed his hands in his lap.

"Oh, um, tasted like the most potent raspberries and orange sherbert I've ever had," I said, trying to keep myself from rambling into a more extreme detail. "I think I had something like that with Mom a long time ago, so it's weird that it's enhancing a memory."

"Huh, that's interesting! When I had it a long time ago, it became a flavor I had only imagined, so it was a bit new to me," he said.

"Heh, that stuff is weird; but it was sort of worth it. Just got to be careful to not piss anyone off later tonight," I snickered. "Not that it's going to be a problem since I'm off of work."

"So we should not stop by any more tents full of drunk people," he laughed.

"Yup, that is for the best!" I said.

"So, um, you and Ceresh...I'm surprised you are not dating. You get along really well," he said.

I blinked for a second or two and rubbed my face to fight off the usual drowsy affects of being buzzed, then quickly waved my hands in the air. "No. No, no, no, no. Ceresh is just a guest that's fun to talk to; he's bold and enthusiastic. I think he's been here for three weeks? No, four? Eh, he's asked everyone out already but has been respectful to the rules, so he's a great guy. But nope, just not attracted to him."

"So what kinda guys do you like?" Trevor asked with a light, challenging tone to his voice.

"Well, I like shorter guys and pretty girls, so there is that," I said with a smirk that turned to a grin.

"Ah, well that explains everything," he nearly whispered before he lightly bit his plush lips.

Plush lips. Pretty, pink painted lips bounced in micro-movements as his teeth left them, him moving them lightly as he inhaled the cold air. I watched a little too closely, Trevor giving a bemusing smile at my stare.

"Heh," I said in a little exhale, trying to remember what it was he had last said. "So, what was totally explained?"

He let out a little giggle and closed his eyes. "I'm not going to tell you."

"What, come on. It's not polite to hint at something and keep it to yourself," I slyly stated.

"Well fine, I can tell you, but you have to let me do so in my own way," he said with a giggle before shifting his weight and lightly plopping into my lap.

"Eh!" I said in surprise as he wrapped his arms around me and brought his pretty lips close to my ear.

"Last night, before you fell asleep on the bench, you wrapped your arm around me and told me that I was prettiest girl you have ever seen. Just before you fell asleep, you asked me to date you." he whispered before pulling away from me to give a pouty smile and lower his eyelids.

My eyes swam in my skull and my stomach burned as hot as the stars above us; suddenly I was holding my breath and pondering why I would suddenly be so smitten with him. I liked pretty girls, but it was so soon after my disenchantment with Samantha and I could not possibly understand even myself. All I could think of was how this could not be real and maybe I was jumping into something too quickly.

"So, was what you said true," he whispered whimsically as my vision focused on his pretty eyes.

"I...I say some really embarrassing stuff when I'm tired," I admitted while rubbing the bridge of my nose with my gloved hand. "I wasn't even drunk when that came out."

He giggled and adjusted a bit, wiggling his butt while still sitting in my lap.

I inhaled sharply and clenched my teeth as I forced my thoughts to stop racing. "Trevor, I like you; a lot. But it hit me so quick; there has been no time for me to understand any of it at all. I still don't understand it. Last thing I want to do is break your heart, so I have been trying to hold back tonight...and failing miserably."

"Don't be so hard on yourself; I have been trying to get close to you all night, so I'm partially to blame," he said with a sensual chuckle.

"Heh, love does not work so fast; I need to make sure that this is not just an infatuation...and I just said that allowed so please ignore it," I said as I rolled my eyes.

"You are a gentleman," he whispered, his face now inches from mine and my arms around his gentle waste.

"See, you keep saying stuff like that and I just...it makes me want to kiss you," I stated, my vision finally coming into focus as I met my resolve.

"Then do it; kiss me," he taunted, his soft lips parting in wait for me to claim them.

Fireworks once again shot in the air and cheers and noise could be heard from the converging parties below, but all I cared about was the beautiful person that sat in my lap. My left arm tightened around him as he adjusted to straddle my legs and sit his full weight upon my lap, my right hand reaching forward to caress his chin and plant my lips to his.

Blood rushed to my head and my world had became slightly more whimsical as I had landed exactly where I needed. His lips were just as plush as I had imagined, having a springy firmness that you would expect from some of the sexiest models in the papers.

Our lips came together for a few seconds, applied the tiny bit of suction and released as they bounced millimeters away from each other. He parted them to gasp, him inhaling the air that circulated around my own. They slowly came back together to perform the same action again and again. His right hand dragged up my shoulder and slipped around me in order to paw at my neck. His left was brought upwards to lightly touch my cheek before joining his other hand at the back of my neck, and a few of his fingers danced up my neck to entwine a bit of my hair before abandoning it to grab at my skin.

My scrambled brain had finally quieted, enjoying the beautiful moment, abandoning all thoughts of past and future along with the important complications that they have always posed.

We held the kiss for a little while before reluctantly parting, the cold air becoming visible from both of us as we exhaled from our noses.

"You're pretty," I breathed as I stared into his eyes. "And you taste like raspberry candy...and caramel popcorn."

"I'm wearing raspberry lipstick," he cooed, his whole face a deep blush.

"It's nice," I said with a breathy tone.

"And you taste like booze," he giggled as I gave him a smirk. "But that's not going to prevent me from wanting more."

"Hmm, really?" I asked, smiling at him before closing in for another kiss.

But the tram stopped and light filled the cabin as the door swung open and we were told to exit the tram.

"Wait, the ride is over?" I said in confusion.

"Yup, please exit to your right," the man said in a dry tone as the next set of passengers stepped forward for boarding.

Trevor giggled as he exited my lap to take my hand and lead me to the blinding lights outside.

"Are you going to be OK?" he asked while holding back little giggles.

"Heh, it was dark up there," I said with a dismissive wave and a smirk.

The crowds were thinning as people dedicated themselves to a drinking crowd they were likely going to be at for the rest of the night. The people running the moth rides closed up and were feeding the creatures while removing the gear.

"Ooh, can I pet them?" Trevor asked one of the keepers as he strode up to the fence.

"Um, sure, but rides are closed," he said and then smiled. "They're friendly."

Trevor happily proceeded towards the fence and extended his hand after removing his leather gloves. One of the creatures looked his direction and waddled up, practically shoving it's feathery seta into Trevor's outstretched hand.

"They are cute!" Trevor sang as I joined him in petting the moth.

"Commonly used in war, but are really some of the sweetest creatures on the planet," I said in a coo as the creature trilled at us.

"I read about that, they were used in the great war when the mortals started taking sides with the angry gods; I couldn't even imagine that happening today," he said. "Still used in regular wars over food and land, though."

"Yeah, we're lucky," I said. "I'd like to stay out of historical events, thank you. Anyway, maybe we should ride the moths if you still live in town at the next festival."

"Don't think I'm going to ditch you that easily," he giggled.

"Wait, is that a challenge?" I asked, smirking at his pouty smile.

To this, Trevor giggled and took my arm as we waved to the moth keepers to proceed through the buzzing festival.

"I'm pretty sure that the others are dispersed and doing their own thing," he said with a wide smile. "They are probably having loads of fun without us!"

"Would not surprise me; it was good to all hang out together for a time," I said with a shrug.

"So, did you want to go to one of the tents? We could probably find them throughout the night," he suggested, still firmly planted to my arm.

"I dunno, I'm sort of weary with the thought of adding any more booze to that drink I had earlier. Don't know how they will mix," I chuckled. "But you get what you want, I'll make sure you will be all right."

With that, he blushed, squeezed my arm, and quickly readjusted it to fit around his small waist.

"Fair enough," he said with a huge smile.

We carefully ran around a few tents but managed to find no one familiar excepting a few lodge guests that briefly greeted us. I brought a few loaves of bread to take home later, and Trevor drank a bit more wine from various vendors. I held him close as we walked around the festival, appearing to be a couple and being asked as such by a few giddy vendors.

"So, do think we look like we would be a cute couple?" asked a audacious little Trevor as he teetered from the level of tipsy to practically drunk.

"Heh," I chuckled a bit, my cheeks more than hot. "Yeah, I do, but I don't think you're going to remember this conversation too well."

He squealed and threw himself into my arms, nearly causing me to drop a menagerie of items we had purchased.

"Careful, you're going to squish your giant cotton candy spiral," I said with a blush.

But he held me tight and nestled into my chest as he swayed a little and sighed. "I like you, Gemini. I think I have for a long time."

"And I like you; but you already know this," I said with a giddy smile.

"So, how are you feeling so far," he whispered as he bit his lip and rubbed his face all about my neck.

"You are drunk," I laughed as his weight swayed, me nearly supporting all of him. "But I'm back to normal, I think. The buzz has worn off, at least. Dunno about the magic."

"I'm not drunk, you're drunk," he said with a giggle.

"OK, time to get you home," I replied and laughed.

---

The chariots were running all night for everyone in the city that either had a long walk home or were too drunk to find their feet. Trevor was quiet as he layed within my arms, his legs pulled up close to him, all of our excessive purchases slung about the leather seats of the carriage along with our cloaks. Trevor claimed it was hot in the carriage, so he removed his cloak, showing the details of the pretty dress that was hidden underneath it all night.

The carriage bobbed slowly as it took us to Trevor's apartment, the inside aglow with a set of dimly lit oil lamps.

"Hey," he said in a coo, shifting slowly in my arms to look up at me through half closed lids.

"Hey," I said, squeezing him a little. "I thought you were asleep, so I tried not to wake you. How are you feeling."

"Pretty good, but I'm glad that the drunk feeling is wearing off. I don't want to have another fight with my roommate," he practically whispered, his smile now wearing away.

"You mentioned issues with that roommate," I said in a lower tone. "Sounds challenging."

"Yeah, it could be better. But I'll give her the space she needs if she just lets me save up for a bit," he whispered.

"Let me know if there is anything I can do," I said in a warm tone as I momentarily closed my eyes and caressed his small, corset laden waist.

"Thanks, you are the best," he stated, a small smile crossing his lips. "But I don't want to cause you any trouble, we work together, after all."

"Yeah, we do," I stated, my mind starting to wonder how complicated I was making all of this.

"Um, Gemini?" he asked, his voice now full of uncertainty. "Do you think it's a good idea; for us to consider dating, that is?"

"Well, I don't mind people knowing that we like each other, but I can't treat you any better than the rest of the group while you are working. No additional vacations, time off, simpler duties, you know the rest..." I said with a bemused smile.

"I'm OK with that," he said with a gentle smirk.

"That's awesome," I said, my heart aflutter but anxious as we did not make anything official.

I wanted to ask him something; ask him out officially and really know, but my tired head was trying to jumble up the night's events.

He frowned a bit, shifted uncomfortably, and looked me back in my eyes with a sad little expression.

"What?" I asked, slowly dragging my fingers through his hair.

Hazel eyes wondered to his right to focus as the tiny flame of one of the oil lamps bobbed along with the carriage.

"Before we move forward, I want to make sure you know that I am a merfolk; this is not what I look like. I mean, you mentioned liking guys and girls, but I'm a cross-dressing guy...and that's just a bunch of things to deal with," he said with a whisper.

"Oh, that, yeah, Mom filled me in," I said with a wave of my hand.

"I should probably show you what I really look like before you agree to anything," he said with sincerity.

"Are you using your powers to heavily alter your face and body?" I asked casually.

"Um, no, not really. I mean, if I wanted to really put effort into it, I'd make my legs thinner, and my face would be way cuter..." but he was cut off as a little laugh escaped me.

"Stop, no, I think I would die if you were any cuter," I said, barely containing myself.

1...34567...10