My RA Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"He wants you to call him if you ever need a honeymoon. The inn you booked us in has a three year waiting list. I will remember the trip for the rest of my life."

"You have to keep in touch with me often. Every day I get a letter from you it will be the highlight of my week, unless I get another letter from you." Gail picked up Joy's mobile and quickly added Jerry's and her contact information.

Mei was listening closely, tomorrow she will make a call to a pastor. She wanted to get a Bible that was easy to read but also had the flexibility to go deeper than just reading. She thought if the Bible was giving Joy structure for her studies she should give it a try.

Mei was just getting a B GPA. She wanted to get a B+ or A- average next semester.

Jacob was more than happy to give Mei the information, he told her the order for the first few books. He gave Mei his personal phone number in case she had any questions. Mei decided to try one or two services to see if she liked it. Maybe she could meet some people.

Jacob was delighted to meet Mei. He told her "If and when you feel comfortable I can introduce you to some of the college groups. I will let you decide when. God is a very personal decision. I have known people who come to church week after week but took over ten years to decide."

"I will answer any questions. I will help you with your questions you have and help with what you are reading. Call me night or day, I know you college kids can have offbeat hours."

Jacob realized the situation may get out of hand so he told Noel and the board of elders to keep him accountable.

Mei called Jacob to get some information about the Northfield group. She said, "I am going to bring a friend to see how Bible based you are. She has read her Bible so much that the ink is rubbing off every page."

Joy's homework in all her classes was especially hard that night so it took much longer than anticipated.

There was a couple new people in the Bible class that night. One had to read along with Mei during the class.

When Joy finally got there she saw two guys had cornered Mei. They were very aggressive, and their actions were both unwarranted and unwanted.

Joy was fiercely loyal to her friends. She took her cell phone out and took some pictures and then switched to video.

Mei was wondering why Joy was delaying, she was being terrorized. Mei had no idea how strong Joy was. In an instant, Joy shoved her open palm into one guy's chest as hard as she could, then she did the same with the other hand only across his windpipe. This tilted his head back so it was easy to shove two fingers in his nostrils.

Joy grabbed the other student and broke his jaw with a hard right cross. Joy said, "You two are lucky, I could have picked your eyes instead of your nose."

Joy told Mei to "Tie them up, but very loosely, just long enough to get out of here."

Joy took a few more pictures. Joy said, "We have video so you can't deny this."

Joy drove Mei directly to St. Luke's. She showed the video to the nurse so she got priority. While they were working on Mei, Joy went over to security and showed them the video; this caused a flurry of calls.

Everyone swore to protect Joy so by default that included her friends. It did not take long for the police to bring the two scum bags in. The difference was Mei got number one priority, these two got put at the end of the line, even after people who came in after them.

The next day Mei found the friend she made at the group and gave her the brand new Bible she had. Mei had no intentions of going back to the group.

The next week Jacob noticed Mei was not at the meeting and the other new person had her Bible. After the meeting Jacob asked her if she talked to Mei.

"Yes I did, she will not be coming back. She got assaulted last week. They will not be coming back either. One will be eating his food with a straw for the next several weeks because his jaw is wired shut. The other will be going to doctors to check out his ribs, larynx and nose. Then they have video of the assault so court dates may be soon."

Jacob was going to call Mei, Noel warned against it. "She is too confused right now. Wait a week and see if she will return your calls then."

Mei grabbed Joy's hand while she was studying. She wanted to call her parents and needed Joy for moral support. Studying can wait. When Joy got online she said she was just here for moral support and to fill in the gaps. Right now Mei needed the support of a Mom and Dad.

Mei's parents just let her cry as she cuddled in Joy's arms, as her story flowed out.

Joy decided the big guns were needed now; she reached behind her and handed Mei Bear, the one Mei trusted since she was three. Mei was a little shocked, and then gave Bear the tightest hug ever.

Mei's Mom was crying, it was her daughter and she couldn't be there for her.

She excused herself and called the Dean. The Dean said, "Take the next flight out. I will personally pick you up. We try to comfort our students if we can. In this case, we need a Mom. Only buy a one-way ticket so you can stay as long as you need to. Arrangements will be made within the hour."

"Mei, I just talked to your Dean, arrangements for my visit will be made within the hour. I am taking the next flight out. No objecting, it is clear having your Mom close by will help you."

The night her Mom got there Mei just cried, holding Bear in one arm and her Mom in the other. Joy gave a sleep mask, pillows and blankets to the two of them, then went to the Dean's residence. The Dean was expecting her, Joy would not want to interrupt the sleep Mei needed.

The Dean suggested tomorrow "You should take Mei and her Mom to town to visit the children, no one will need to tell them something is wrong. They will come to her aid better than we ever could, they are caring and nonjudgmental and could care less about the adult crap. They will see a friend who is hurting badly, it is their job to make her happy."

The next day they did just that, the parents were concerned as they never saw Mei like this. While Mei's Mom was being introduced to the parents the kids started to work their magic.

Mei's Mom was a little concerned about Mei at first, but soon realized the children were helping their friend. Word spread that Mei was very sad and needed their help. All toys were dropped, activities were stopped and schools were emptied. A student just said, "Mei needs our help. " There was very little the teachers could do, "You can't say friendship is very important and needs to be encouraged. Then when a friend needs help badly, can you prevent them from helping them?"

One of the parent's suggested that Mei's Mom sit down. "In about two minutes every child in the entire town will be on top of your daughter, this is just a small fraction. My guess is that there are very few children left in school; they are running as fast as their little legs can carry them."

Some of the police saw what was happening. They called in and said six cars will be giving the kids a police escort. Anyone who can't keep up will get a ride.

"Joy taught our children that if they saw someone having a bad day to give them a smile and a hug. This is far worse than a bad day. They have their work cut out for them. Everything is simplistic for kids. It is just Mei is my friend, she is hurting, I can help make her happy, I will make her happy. Everything else does not matter."

The parents heard the sirens and looked out the window. "I can't believe it, they got a police escort."

Mei's Mom couldn't believe what she was seeing. Mei scooped up three or four children, closed her eyes and just rocked back and forth. For that moment there were no worries or problems. A few kids broke off and surrounded Mom and Joy. They were worried also and they had to be happy for them to help Mei.

Mom called her husband Ru, that night. Mei was still a long way from 100% but the kids did an amazing job. Ru wanted to make it known that if Mei needed to take a semester off it would be ok.

Mei lost it, she ripped into Ru for five minutes. Mom was holding her breath, Ru was visibly shaking and the vein in his forehead was throbbing. Mei never did that before. She was being very disrespectful.

Once she realized what she had done she got on her knees and bowed asking forgiveness of her father, she was not sure he would give it. In her culture, he would be within his rights to give a jolly good caning just to limber himself up. He could extend her screaming all night long. He would not gag her, he would want her to hear every nuance of each scream. He would use ammonia to wake her up just to continue her torture.

Mom told Joy to take Mei to the bathroom. As Joy did so she turned to Ru and said

"I think I know why she did what she did. I am not making any excuses for her, she has to answer for them herself. Please hear her out before making any judgements. Thank you Sir." With that Joy took Mei to the bathroom. Every door was closed and locked, usually people are wandering around until late at night.

By now the Dean had arrived, she did not want to get involved, but some events are predictable. Mom came out of the room in tears, Alkaia just took her into her arms. "Is he calm enough to talk to?"

Mom nodded.

"Do you want me to help Mei with her apology?"

"Please do, I am afraid he may harm her. "

"Joy, Mei, to your room NOW." The Dean was pissed. All the students thought tonight would be a good night to go to bed early.

When Alkaia reached the room she bowed respectfully to Ru, speaking perfect Mandarin, she thanked him for letting Mei make her case. She said she will not make any excuses for Mei but will be here to push her along.

"Mei, you know what you have to do. First apologize to Joy for all the things that will offend her in the next few minutes. Then you will show what Joy has and what she has hidden. We will be here until I am satisfied you're finished. Then you will give your abject apology to your parents and you will obey what your father decides."

"I am sorry Joy for exposing what you want to keep hidden and for breaking any confidences that I have sworn not to tell."

Joy ran over and gave her a hug, "I will be here for you."

Mei asked, "Mistress, can you help me if I miss something?"

"To explain fully we need to go back to the beginning. As you know, when Joy was in trouble we rallied around her even though only a couple people knew her. Afterwards, we put our words into actions. We sort of adopted Joy."

"Mom can you read each one of these out loud to Dad?"

The Dean walked over to Joy and held her, this would be hard on her.

One by one, each plaque was read aloud.

"The townies number is lower but the Mayor was recalled and all his cronies are no longer in office. Joy show Mom your bracelet, it was not flashy but Joy did not want flashy and she could hide it. That is a protection bracelet 35,000 people have sworn to protect her. They gave her this nice box because they knew she would not want to display it. It is usually a protection collar but she could not have that."

"Joy show Mom your collar. It was black velvet with three initials on it. Joy does not have one mistress but three. We each have different roles. Her true Mistress is Mistress Dawn as you well know."

"The Dean has the role of an overseer, she watches over everything, sometimes which includes cutting through red tape. That is why she is here now, while it is not about Joy but her best friend. The last mistress she has is me, her roommate, we tell each other everything. Most people consider us joined at the hip. I am her confidante. The collar she is wearing is a commitment collar. It is a step above a protection collar and one step below what in essence would be an engagement collar."

"When you suggested me skip a semester, I would break my commitment to Joy. That is not an option. She will be with me after college and even after we are married. Our husbands will know that our relationship transcends most other relationships."

"I am sorry Father, how I treated you. I was disrespectful and it was inexcusable so I cannot offer any excuses."

"Mother, thank you for being here during my time of trouble. Sometimes, only a Mom can help you."

"Dean thank you for finding a place for Mom to stay here and for all the things I count on you for every day."

"Joy, I just have no way to thank you. You are my best friend, you are the best thing to happen to me since I came here. I do not know what I would do if I did not have you. I shudder to think of what would have happened to me if you were not there during my assault. I still do not know how you did it.

"Father, I await your ruling and will obey what you say."

Ru thought about it, his first thought was to command her to come home and be put under house arrest. Did he want to love his daughter or show his friends and family that even his daughter would be punished if they dishonor the family name?

"Mei, I was very offended by your actions toward me."

Mom held her breath, she had seen this vengeance handed out many times.

"However, you are my daughter and have never acted this way before. Your story has many points of honor in it. I forgive your actions. Let us be clear, if it happens again you will be in the hospital for several weeks at your own expense."

"Father, thank you for being so generous." With that Ru hung up.

Ru's words made the room feel ten degrees colder. The Dean heated up a large pot of cider, put it on the fireplace and added three logs to it.

Joy consoled Mei. "Mei we all love you, you are safe, and we will not let anyone harm you. Remember, the last guy who tried to harm you now has his jaw wired shut and is drinking his food from a straw."

Mei laughed at the mental picture, it was good to see Mei laugh again. Mei again crawled onto Mom's lap and fell fast asleep. The rocker had been cushioned and there was a better pillow so Mom was more comfortable. Yes, sometimes you just can't replace a Mom.

Jacob was very worried for Mei. When he called Mei he wanted to see how she was doing. He understood why she did not want to come back to the group. "Can I ask you if you thought reading the Bible was helping you? Would you feel better if you called me from your place on campus? "

"Would you mind if I sent you a new Bible? That was very generous of you, that girl treasures it. It would have been hard for her to get a cheap paperback Bible. That is why she did not have one. You gave her a lovely genuine leather Bible. I do not think it ever leaves her backpack unless she is reading it. She got a notebook for her Bible reading. I have to keep on my toes, and I never know what she is going to ask me."

"Please Mei, consider what I have said. I know you will never recover fully but maybe later we can talk. Call me anytime day or night."

The next day the board asked about Mei.

"I called her yesterday, it was a one-sided conversation. At least she did not hang up. I told her to call me any time."

"She gave Anne her Bible. Anne could not even afford a cheap paperback version. Anne treasures it just because Mei gave it to her. I would like to ask this board or the deacons to see if we can give Anne aid from time to time. I was thinking buying her books and some other needed school supplies once a semester. She has finished one year so it would be about six payments. I just happen to know her birthday is the seventh of next month."

Mei was brooding. She asked Joy about Jacob. "I do not know what is going on with you Mei, so you will know when you know. He is worried about you. You talked to him several times asking him questions about the Bible. He wants you to feel safe so he will talk to you from his office."

"Mei I think this goes deeper than Jacob. I am your best friend, but my best friend is lost, and I can't reach out to keep her from harm. I hate to see you like this Mei, you are not the Mei I had fun with at Christmastime. What can we do to make sure you are safe? Add locks to the door, have an escort to and from classes? I am sure the Dean will do just about anything if it makes you feel safe"

"Mei, I am going to have to pull rank now. Mei, you made a commitment to me. You are stuck with me, no use complaining about it."

"Mei, am I still your friend? I would like to be. I hardly ever see you smile and you laugh is almost nonexistent. You mope and grump all the time, everyone is worried about you. We care for you and we want you to be safe and feel safe. Everyone in the dorms wants to hang out with you."

Joy took off her collar and bracelet.

Mei was shocked.

"You see all these people on this bracelet that have sworn to protect me. I can't be protected if they do not also protect the people on this collar. If one name on this collar is missing the collar falls off. What am I to do if my collar falls off? Even if I could find it again I could not wear it." Joy put her collar and bracelet on Mei's lap and left to see the Dean.

When she arrived at the Dean's, Joy showed her, her naked neck.

The Dean was staggered. "You do not want to be with us anymore?"

"I had to play hardball with Mei. I asked her several questions about our relationship, even asked her if I was still her friend. I put my collar and bracelet on her lap and left. I hope they are not in the fire. Mei needs time alone to think. Can I stay the night?"

"Joy you do not play fair at all. I should tan your hide for taking off your collar. I am afraid you would delight in it if we could get Mei back."

"Joy reached in her pocket and turned her cell phone off. If, she calls on your land line shoo me out the door before you say I am not here. I would not want the Dean to lie on my account."

"I can't believe you asked her if you were still her friend. What do you think she will do Joy?"

"I do not know, it is a double-edged sword. Either we get her back or our friendship will be in tatters, ruined and far worse than before. It will be so bad, I probably will have to drop out of school."

"Remember, if she does destroy that collar I can't get a replacement, only upgrades. Commitments just do not work like that, you can't make and break them on a whim and think it will be all right to get a replacement. I am not a goldfish you flush down the toilet."

That comment put a look of fear into the Dean's eyes. "I need a large brandy. Can I get you some warm milk so you can sleep?"

Mei was in a trance, she had the hearth doors open. It would be so easy to toss the collar and bracelet into the fire. "How could Joy question if I still wanted to be her friend? How could she just leave like that and turn off her phone. Joy considered this collar as a sacred trust, how could she casually take it off like that?"

She had to talk to someone, she could only think of Jacob. She called him and she was incoherent. Instantly he waved Noel over. "Mei would you mind me putting you on speaker phone? My wife is here, I trust Noel with my life. A women's voice may be helpful." Mei reluctantly agreed.

Mei finally calmed down enough for Jacob and Noel to see that Joy had questioned their relationship on many points. "It was clear Joy was trying shock treatment and was prepared for the consequences. How could she do that to me? I thought I was her best friend. I am so mad I just want to toss the collar and bracelet in the fire and go to bed."

Noel clearly was alarmed, she had to act fast. "Mei it is so good to hear your voice. Jacob tells me you ask him good questions about the Bible. He was incorporating them in his sermons. It made them better, people actually stay awake the whole time."

"Mei, do you want Joy as a friend?"

"Well of course I do, don't be silly."

"Commitment works both ways. What has Joy done? Has she betrayed you or others in some way or let them come to harm needlessly? Has she broken confidences?"

1...56789...11