All Comments on 'My Rant'

by olderhormones

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
hindsight2020hindsight2020over 1 year ago

Men do not start to decline until around 35 when testosterone production starts to decline (at about 1% per year)

The reasons for affairs in the period you suggest are NOT hormone or "peak" related.

lc69hunterlc69hunterover 1 year ago

Thank you. I agree with you on many points. And I also get frustrated at the simplistic way these things are handled by the authors. Most straying/cheating need not end in divorce.

Now when you mention affair, I consider that to be a longer term issue with a specific person, and as such definitely can affect the marriage negatively

Qwer12Qwer12over 1 year ago
Worthless

Anyone who post a personal rant about anything is just worthless and self serving. And has nothing to do with anything. Site needs a Zero star rating. Cheers

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Being faithful is not slavery, unless you never meant those vows at all on the day you got married. In that case, you have two choices. Tell the '-to-be' in question that you don't want it to mean that and see if the wedding still goes forward, or simply don't get married at all. Marriage isn't a tax deduction while you decide when and where you will lie your ass off to your spouse about how your 'freedom' makes you betray the faith they have in you. This is just you trying (and failing) to justify being a cheating piece of shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"Men and women are different" Check.

"men reach their sexual peak at around 20 years of age" Performance wise check, at 20 it is no problem for a guy to keep a hard on for 4 hours, at 50 that is only a Viagra fueled hope. As far as desire goes that is highly variable. There are plenty of 70 year olds who have pretty much the same desire that they had fifty years earlier, but the performance ability is lacking. Enter CVY. Cialis, Viagra, and Yohimbe. The other limiting factors are the lack of attraction to older women and the lack of attraction of younger women to older men, especially men who don't have a pretty fair amount of money.

" Women on the other hand reach their peak between 35 and 40 years of age." Maybe so but there is also a definite peak around menopause. Women, in my experience at least, step up their their 30's for any number of reasons: declining inhibitions, thinking that their attractiveness has a limited shelf life and that they better make use of it now, dissatisfaction with their present partner or situation and deciding to shop around for something better, or the discovery of a partners infidelities or refusal to accept more of them without returning payment in kind. Menopausal women seem to have a spike in desire without necessarily any conscious thought about it. Entering the stage of life when you just say I'm going to do exactly what pleases me for a change? Hormones? I don't claim to be sure since I am only an observer and judging from the sample of women I know. Ladies any thoughts? Feel free to call BS. Performance as for men declines with age. Not many 60 or 70 year old women will enjoy the same vigorous pounding that they did in their 20's, 30's and 40's. Many women in later life find intercourse starts to become uncomfortable in some ways: lack of natural lubrication, less vaginal elasticity, general aches and pains, or just more tenderness when being handled. But make no mistake they are still just as receptive to gentle caresses, cuddling, and kind attentiveness as they ever were, perhaps even more so.

"Cheating", "Lying", "Marriage Vows". Cheating seems to be determined by what partners have agreed to. If a partner engages in sex with others and does not have the prior approval, either of the specific instance, or a general approval by the other partner that is cheating. Lying is pretty much a dictionary definition.

Not informing a partner of outside sexual activity is not necessarily lying, but if that activity constitutes cheating it is certainly concealment of disloyalty to an agreement that the partners have. Marriage vows. Not much to say here except that they are whatever the parties to the marriage formally agree to. (How's that for being Mr. Obvious?) When vows are broken the offended party certainly has every right to be angry with the partner who has failed to honor the promises made. Can marriage vows be changed by agreement or can they be terminated? That is up to the people involved. A lawyerly view is that contracts can be altered by agreement, terminated by mutual agreement, or terminated without consent for non-performance.

And there you have another rant. If you are constipated I hope it helped.

AstronomalyAstronomalyover 1 year ago

Bahahahahaha. Thanks for a great laugh. This entire read was some of the best non-satirical work that I’ve ever had the displeasure of reading.

LatexDeviant117LatexDeviant117over 1 year ago

I think I understand what you’re trying to say. I think a summarization of is simply: “Communication and boundaries should be established by partners within a relationship.”

In regards to the “bad ending” I will simply say that A LOT of guys who are into cheating or cuckolding really get off on the “bad endings.” Its a staple. As monogamous as I may be, I have appealed to such kinks in the past. So, yeah, the bummer endings will stick around because men with cuckold fetish enjoy it.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 1 year ago

Married with no kids... already know selfish and narcistic tendencies are high.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

+1 for Xzy89c1's comment.

lc69hunterlc69hunterover 1 year ago

I see the butt hurt little men are weighing in

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A marriage is strong when both stay out of positions that play on their emotions and start attractions outside the marriage.

An adult invested in the marriage knows when feelings are becoming inappropriate and use the value of their partnership as a big part of the motivation to shut down things that can harm it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

“I told my wife before our marriage that I never expected her to be exclusive to me and she told me the same thing. “

And THAT right there made EVERYTHING you had to say about “marriage” irrelevant 😎

chefjess2039chefjess203911 months ago

I agree with everything you say and to that if you both enter into a union on the premise of monogamy then later one of you wants to change that then it needs to be communicated to the other partner and don't just go behind their back and hope you don't get caught

StruckwrongStruckwrong10 months ago

My wife loved me enough to never open her legs to another man(her words).

In todays world it is an act of love not to give into desire for another.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not to criticize you or anything,but just because you have a open marriage doesn't mean every one will want to, and I don't know what vows you took during your marriage, but I hope I speak for mostly every men and woman here, where we say forsaking all other it's a promise an oath, for both partner's involved. So you can expect the criticism and harsh comments on the cheating wife stories but considering you have an open marriage I expect you wouldn't see the problem there. Why even get married at all if you're not going to be exclusive as many of the comments say in majority of the cheating wife stories and I agree. But seeing your rant, I expect you wouldn't understand, but hey to each their own you're happy with your lifestyle so kudos I guess.. But if you truly love someone you wouldn't spread your legs for anyone else,yes temptation would surely exist,yes communication should be there, and understanding. What's the point of marriage and the whole concept of marriage is null and void to begin with if you're sharing and breaking all vows.. and it's not about wife being slave or manliness or vice versa as you so elegantly put it. It's about trust,love and respect we held for our wife/husband.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

To think you took the time to write this article about your failed marriage and which in the final analysis has zero value in any way to anyone.

You poor deluded fool.

NickTeeNickTee4 months ago

Gee. What a sad almost marriage you had. My first thought was why even bother. You didn't have children. You didn't have a wife and you spent all your time telling us about how she's not your slave yet clearly you're her unknowing slave

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Stockholm Syndrome

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userolderhormones@olderhormones
I am an older man married over 50 years. I love writing stories and I hope to contribute more as time goes on.