All Comments on 'My Sister, A Modern Rapunzel'

by 8letters

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
No1holywoodNo1holywoodabout 1 month ago

Very sudden end to the story. Some notes on if they continued to live together and had kids etc wou;d have been nice. Unless it is a set up for a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I did not peer-rate this story. Right now, I just do not have enough time to read 17 pages. I do note that you have more than 6K followers, Inferring the story might be a good one, I may try and get back to it in a year or so?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Cream of the crop, for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Way to LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG get to the point in less than 400,000 words.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 1 month ago

Very nice HEA story. Married life with kids story would be welcome as well. Thanks for this!

albertaboyalbertaboyabout 1 month ago

Wouldn't mind a follow up set a few years ahead, see how bitch Mom learns to deal with them as a couple

BruceWoBruceWoabout 1 month ago

Would love a chapter 2 on this wonderful sty

LitCritLitCritabout 1 month ago

Long, slow build-up, but well worth the wait! One of the classiest sibling incest stories I've read. I agree it could use another chapter or two. I'd love to follow their road trip and see a later confrontation/reconciliation with Mom and Dad. Also, it's time for Dad to man up and stop hiding behind Mom!

8letters8lettersabout 1 month agoAuthor

Thanks for all the comments! They are what keep me motivated to write.

noahbudienoahbudieabout 1 month ago

Would love to see a sequel to this, showing how there lives had changed, how their love had grown stronger, how their parents had finally had to come to terms with them, and all the new and exciting adventures they went on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I know you tend not to take things in a story much past the first few, necessary dramatic resolutions, and here, with our hero and heroine committed to each other, managing their mother, and planning for the future, "your work here is done."

Counterpoints: Dad has room to change and/or grow, Mom has lots of room to do ... something, and it is not at all certain that our couple will not just be a slightly more sex-positive version of their parents, the guy good-naturedly following the lead of the female. Also, our couple has many possible problems and challenges in front of them.

Sure, that may seem like light criticism... really, just MORE! Delightful couple, with challenges in front of them...

You have done such a good job showing us this excellent young woman maturing and making her own decisions, and building up how she approaches her brother. Really, your Cookie-baking Disney Princess, the cheerleading, driven, indomitable, excellent student Ashlynn, and our Rapunzel are all fascinating women, feminine, determined, and strong.

Almost enough eroticism, and how each in this couple feels about the other is certain, excellent story.

My only incredibly minor criticism is that the long seduction by the determined woman, of a man wrapped up in his own thoughts, projects, and worries was excellent, but a touch more romance would have been the chef's kiss.

Five for you

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 1 month ago

The temptation (if I were Luke) of saying to his dad, "To bad we didn't have time to work on (and then name a project his mom had nixed that neither of his parents had ever brought up to him)." would haveis have been substantial.

Barring that, I'd have written a letter for his dad but mailed it to myself detailing what i knew. *Then* when they were no longer financially dependent on their folks I'd have given it to them.

Obviously would have included the mental and verbal abuse their mother engaged in and their father allowed.

KeeperonKeeperonabout 1 month ago

Caroline Luke Susanna

It’s a good story but a bit long for what we got. I can see your point about what to remove when everything is so well written. I don’t like the unfinished business. Mother & Caroline.

Luke is a mirror of his father. He made no moves and made no difficult decisions he just followed Susanna and her wishes, he did what he was told. His weakness was also disappointing for me.

nicho1855nicho1855about 1 month ago

What can I say 8letters? Another story worthy of 10 points

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

You are talented writer.

Expect more stories from you.

KeithW66KeithW66about 1 month ago

I really enjoyed reading the resubmitted story, I think Luke would do any thing Susanna asked, as he was head over heals in love with her, and like wise she would move to where ever he was studying or working.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

My favorite story of yours

1stltdan1stltdanabout 1 month ago

Thank you another great story

NewtScamanderNewtScamanderabout 1 month ago

Great story, thanks for sharing!!!!

SexySenior56SexySenior56about 1 month ago

It was completely predictable but you told the story so well, it was still very enjoyable. Nice pace, good use of humor, very believable. I also like that you left it open for a part 2!

Frankie1952Frankie1952about 1 month ago

Love this very hot sexy story.Susanna is a real treasure. Please write more. Love to know about their future and if the parents realise whats going on especially when baby comes along.

juanviejojuanviejoabout 1 month ago

NEVER HAD A DOUBT WHERE THIS WAS GOING......CINCO RSYRELLAS!

juanviejojuanviejoabout 1 month ago

SORRY FOR THE TYPING ERROR! I MEANT CINCO ESTRELLAS!

debaucherdebaucherabout 1 month ago

That was such a lovely story. Especially loved the conversations between the siblings about what they want to do, Luke's urban planning, etc. It gave them personality. I'm glad I added you into my following list.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

It would have been a 5 if not for the inconsistent politial bullcrap thrown in the middle. Even if the writer is a subject matter expert in economics, nothing about the ideas that were projected would ever work. It was meaningless gobbledy-gook. A waste of effort in trying to sound intellectual in a raunchy incest story. To call it personlality is to insult good writers everywhere.

mharrisonmharrisonabout 1 month ago

Loved it the frist time you publi8shed it and it's still just as good.

Many thanks for shari ng with us all.

westendwestendabout 1 month ago

A very good story. I can tell you put a lot of effort into it and I am glad you did. I enjoyed the characters and especially Susanna...oh what a hottie!! This story kept my interest.

DADDY_LongLegsDADDY_LongLegsabout 1 month ago

I read this days ago, and the skill of your storytelling abilities had really impressed me. The narrative was so, so long, but so very compelling I could not stop until the very end, and in the end I was worn thin but sad it was over. I thought the history lessons and stuff brought variety to a really long piece, and I wouldn't see them taken out. Thanks for sharing this epic devious love story.

white_rabbit273white_rabbit273about 1 month ago

Was that a secret of evermore reference in the middle? Also great story, loved it.

paulyepspaulyepsabout 1 month ago

What a great story… thanks

Coochielover71Coochielover71about 1 month ago

Really, really, good story!!!!!!

pcman1950pcman1950about 1 month ago

Wonderful to reread these gems.

Comentarista82Comentarista8230 days ago

I'm glad that I stumbled across this gem, and I so enjoyed reading it! I can't say that the entire premise is incredibly original, but I'm not docking you for it either because at this site there's probably one author that has probably written one story similar to this.. so they can kind of run together. And now the fact you present the mom as the tyrant kind of flips the I guess normal story expectation on its head? It really creates the angst necessary to lead to this relationship, and if certainly you were trying to make the mother to be a totally unsympathetic character, you most definitely succeeded!

***

I appreciate the idea of her kind of being hidden away although I don't refer to the mom artificially restraining her; I love her wits in determining how to escape, and what proves a shade more unique is you later reveal-- toward the end of the story - - that that she deliberately acted drunker than she was in hopes he would take advantage of her! You truly succeeded at the slow burn without it being too slow, and by the time they both decide to fully go all in with their relationship, you've removed the obstacles without getting them out of the way to artificially. You certainly crafted a story easy to read that most definitely insured good grammar abounded, and I especially enjoyed how you integrated real life tips- via the story - that for two people to have a true relationship and connection that they must be willing to both truly listen to each other, their ideas, discuss things, and then arrive at a better-informed decision. I just really love that interaction, and it's something I don't remember happening off many stories that I typically read here.

***

It's not to say this is a perfect story, but it is perfectly charming, and most definitely deserves the 5 stars I rated it.

EnochlesisEnochlesis23 days ago

As always, love your stories. I'm not sure if it was intentional, but I thought it was neat how you created a parallel between two people whose lives have been governed by things humans made up on their own: religion and economics.

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

it was fun reading it though extensive, thing i missed most is your way of hugging touching and snuggling like your 1952 bowling mum, still 5/5

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

Loved it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user8letters@8letters
I'm looking for beta-readers. The story I'm currently working on could end a number of ways, I'm not certain which way is the best way, so I'd like to get thoughts from as many people as possible. The extended author notes for "My Cookie-Baking Sister" are at https://forum.li...