My Sister's Girl

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SkylerLuv
SkylerLuv
815 Followers

"I just need you to tell me if you still want to be with me." She doesn't look hurt anymore. She actually looks annoyed. I bite my lip to hide my smile. "Say something, I feel like an idiot crying here."

I take a step closer to her and lift her chin with my finger. Her lips are pouting. "Do you know how adorable you look when you pout?"

She pushes my hand away but I pull her close to me.

"You shouldn't have done that. It is not nice to Sam or me." I look down at her. She shrugs. "I probably should have reached out to you after kissing you and I'm sorry I didn't."

She takes her bottom lip into her mouth.

"I thought I ruined everything and I didn't know how to fix it."

"So, what now?" She whispers to herself. She looks away but I see the color on her cheeks brighten.

"So now we clean up this mess and move forward. I would really like to take you on a date."

She gives me a nervous smile. "You want to date?"

I smile confidently. "I would like more than to date but I figured that is a good start."

She wraps her arms around my neck. "So, what, we're really doing this?"

I chuckle. Rachel has never really been good with words, she prefers actions. I nod and lean in to kiss her. I am more than fine with actions.

******

~Kate~

I'm drying some dishes by the sink when something calls my attention outside. I look out the window to see what it is. Rachel and Traci seem to be in a heated argument. The argument catches fire and then they're kissing! I drop the cup in my hand and it breaks on the kitchen floor. Pieces of clear glass splatter all over the floor.

"Shit!" I move around to grab a paper towel and start to pick up the pieces.

"Kate?" Sam's voice reaches the kitchen.

"In here!" I look up and see her look down as I pick up the larger glass pieces. Her concern is quickly replaced by an amused smile. I can't help but feel a tingle in my belly and my cheeks heat up. By the time I can tear my gaze away I accidentally drop a large piece. The sharp edge grazes my palm and I see blood start to trickle down my hand. "Oh, shit! Fuck!"

Sam sees the blood the same time I do and rushes to my side. She makes me stand and turns my hand towards the sink. She runs some warm water and places my palm under it. I watch her hands as they gently rub soap on the superficial cut and wash it away. I thought it would burn but the cut isn't deep and being in Sam's capable hands make me feel better.

"I love your hands." I don't realize I say it out loud until she stops what she's doing to look at me.

She bites her lip to hide her smile. "Thank you?"

I look at her under my lashes and smirk.

We both lean in, sharing our little moment.

"Katie!" My mother yells from the kitchen's entrance.

We both jump back and turn to look at my mother who looks horrified by the scene unfolding in front of her.

The color leaves my face. She has never looked so disappointed in me.

"Karen, Katie cut her hand and I was just helping her clean the cut." Sam lets go of my hand and steps away from me.

My father comes through the kitchen and looks at all of us questioningly when no one acknowledges him. "What happened? Katie, what happened to your hand?" He comes to my side but I gently move away to look at my mom. I know I shouldn't feel guilty but at this moment I cannot think of a worse way to end this trip. She looks really bothered.

The front door opens and Rachel and Traci walk in hand in hand. That was not an unusual scene. Growing up together they would sometimes hold hands and giggle when they would share secrets but the look they're sharing right now indicates there is a lot more going on than some girl talk.

My mother looks down at both of their hands and Rachel is the first to pull away. Traci looks annoyed.

"What in God's good earth is going on here?" My mother looks between Rachel and I.

I hold my breath and give Rachel a pleading look. She is the only one that can set things straight.

When no one breaks the silence, my mother speaks again. Her cheeks are flushed and she looks like she's trying to reign in her anger. Now that is a look I am used to. It's the same one she would use when Rachel and I constantly fight and she would have to play referee.

"I walk into the kitchen to find Katie two seconds away from kissing Sam only to have Rachel walk in hand in hand with Traci, all googly eyed." She turns to her father and gives him an exasperated look.

It is his turn to flush red. He shrugs and looks at me.

"Katie you did what?" Rachel pretends to look shocked and I give her a pointed look. I prepare myself for the storm that is making its way towards my soul. I have never been my sister's keeper and I most definitely am not opposed to teaching her a lesson in lying.

Traci gives her a look and I finally speak up.

"Would you like to tell us what you Traci were discussing outside? It looked very heated. Especially when your tongue was down her throat!" I see the anger begin to spark around her.

She begins to yell and comes towards me at full speed. Sam intervenes and I run towards Rachel ready to take her down. This is all her fault! My father comes to stop me but what we don't accomplish with fists we do with our words. We're both yelling back and forth about how one ruined the other's life and how we each wished we were only daughters. Sam and my father try to calm the situation but we don't hear them. It goes on and on until my mother can't take it anymore.

"Girls!" We stop yelling and struggling and turn to look at her. Her eyes are bright and she has a hand to her chest. "Go to your rooms."

"Mom-" I try to apologize with what little breath I have. I never wanted to hurt her.

"Go to your room." She says one last time.

******

~Traci~

Robert follows Karen out of the kitchen and then Kate leaves with Sam close behind her. We don't look at each other as they walk by. Rachel rubs her face and yanks on my hand as she drags me to her room upstairs.

"I don't think this will make anything better." I shut the door behind me and turn to look at her. She removes her shoes and dress and goes through her luggage until she pulls out a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. I try not to ogle her but she looks like a Goddess. Her body is beyond beautiful and I want to do so much with her. I shake my head and walk up to her once she's changed.

Her room hasn't changed at all. Even though she was the last one to leave her house her parents have left it the same so that she feels right at home every time she visits. So many memories were made in the room. There are a lot of pictures of us all over her wall and on her mirror. I can't help but smile.

She pulls me to her bed and lays her head on my chest once we're both lying comfortably. She wraps an arm around my stomach and sighs. "Katie hates me."

I rub her back and kiss her head. I don't say anything, just offer her my presence. She talks about her mistakes and about what it has been like to live under Katie's shadow. How it was impossible and how she constantly compared what she did to live up to Katie's standards and how she miserably failed every time.

"Even Sam wants her." She wipes a tear from her cheek.

"I'm here for you." I kiss her head again. I know Rachel doesn't want Sam the same way her sister does. But I also know it is eating her up inside to come in second place again.

"You wanted her too!" She tries to pull away from me but I tighten my hold on her.

"Oh, no you don't." I pull her on top of me and pull her chin up so she can look at me. "You're the one I have always wanted. I would have never looked at your sister that way if you had been honest from the beginning."

She looks annoyed with my reasoning but leans in to kiss me anyways. When she finally pulls back, she hides her face in my neck. "How do I fix this?"

I run a hand down her back and sigh. "The same way you did with me. You tell the whole truth."

She groans.

******

~Katie~

I'm sitting on my bed brushing the angry tears away. Sam is standing by the door giving me time to cool down.

I just don't get it. How can Rachel be so childish and immature? Instead of owning up to her shit she tried to play the victim again and almost ruined everything. Mom and dad are going to be furious if she doesn't come clean. To my mom it looks like I tried to steal Rachel's girlfriend right from under her nose. But I would never do that. Not if I knew Rachel really liked her. Even with our dysfunctional relationship I would not cross that line.

Sam finally comes to sit next to me. She places my legs on top of hers and wraps her arms around me.

I lean into her neck and take in her scent. My heart feels lighter being in her arms.

"I know it is not my place, but you and your sister have a lot to talk about."

I scoff. "She's the one who started this mess. Am I wrong to hold her accountable?"

Sam lightly brushes my cheek. "You guys said a lot of hurtful things to each other in front of your parents."

"I wish they didn't have to hear that." I knew I would apologize for that. My mother looked heartbroken.

"Rachel also looked very hurt."

I pull back to look at Sam. Is she taking Rachel's side?

She puts her hands up to show she is harmless. "I just mean, Rachel is very young and no one would accuse her of being the most mature person in the room but a lot of the things she was yelling about seemed to be her inability to live up to your standards."

I chew on my lip and think hard about Sam's words. Rachel has never cared what I thought about her. She has always lived in her own little world and everyone else was just there to please her. She has never looked at me like an older sister. I have always been more of a villain in her story.

"Like I said, I think you guys should talk." Sam pulls me back so that we're laying wrapped up in each other's arms.

******

~Traci~

Rachel holds my hand as we walk down the steps together. She looks nervous.

Karen is in the backyard sitting next to Robert. Both of them are too deep in thought to hear us come through.

"Mom?" Rachel lets go of my hand and goes to sit at her mother's feet. She rests her head on her lap and blows out a breath.

Karen runs her hand through Rachel's hair and listens as her daughter comes clean about everything. I leave some time in the middle of it because I need to go home and decompress. Today has been very eventful. I'm not sure how much more I can take. I shoot Rachel a text letting her know we would talk tomorrow.

I hear my parents in the kitchen when I walk through my front door moments later.

"Traci?" My mother calls out.

I grimace and walk up each step. I wanted to go straight to my room but my guess is Karen got to my mom before I could.

My father is drinking coffee at the table while my mom cooks dinner.

I go to kiss my father's cheek and then do the same with my mom. She gives me a side look. I wait in the middle of the kitchen for someone to say something. When no one does I consider myself in the clear and start to walk backwards.

"So, Rachel, huh?" My mom wipes her hands and turns away from the boiling pot.

I run a hand behind my neck and avoid looking directly at her.

"I'm really tired mom. Can we talk about this tomorrow?" I'm shifting my weight between each foot now, anxious to leave yet another draining conversation.

She shrugs, "That's fine." She reaches out and gives me a long hug before letting me go. In her mind she is probably excited about the whole prospect. Obviously more confused than excited but happy nonetheless.

******

~Kate~

I come down some time later, when the sun is no longer out.

My father is in the living room watching something on T.V. and my mother and Rachel are out back. Sam follows behind.

I lean down and give my father a kiss on the cheek and apologize for everything. Even if I am not the one who started it, I didn't make it any better. He forgives me and stands so we can hug properly. He turns to Sam and puts his hands on his hips.

"How about we go out and get a drink? I think I need one or two." He grabs his car keys and Sam follows him.

"I can use some fresh air." She agrees.

She gives me a look before closing the door behind her. Oh, to be a fly on that wall.

My mother and Rachel look at me when I walk past the sliding door. Rachel is sitting next to my mom. I grab another chair and place it in front of them. I kiss my mom on the cheek before settling down.

"I'm sorry for putting you through that mom. I wish you didn't have to hear that." My voice is thick.

She brushes a tear away. "I knew there was some rivalry but I didn't know how deep it went. Why would you guys let it get so bad?" She looks between the two of us.

I lightly brush my forehead, giving Rachel a chance to answer. When she doesn't, I roll my eyes. I give her too much credit.

"I have always been an inconvenience for Rachel."

Rachel crosses her arms and glares at me.

"You guys never said no to Rachel. She could get away with murder. Meanwhile I could never slip up or I wouldn't hear the end of it."

My mother opens her mouth to argue but Rachel beats her to it. She looks more upset than annoyed. "It's true." She grumbles. "You guys were always looking after Katie making sure that her grades were amazing and that she did well in whatever club she was in. I got away with a lot but that's because you were their main focus!" Rachel points a finger at me.

"Me?" I shift in my seat. "I could have gone missing and it would probably take them days before realizing it!"

We start to bicker back and forth and my mother yells again "Girls!"

We glare at each other.

"Now, your father and I have tried our best to give each of you the same amount of attention. We do not have a favorite, we love you equally."

Rachel rolls her eyes.

"Stop that!" My mother slams her hand against the glass table next to her.

We both jump at the sound.

"Anyone who met you guys would assume your father and I neglected you to the point of abuse." She no longer looks hurt, she looks mad. "Now, Rachel, you need to grow up and start holding yourself accountable for your actions. I know we have been lenient with you in the past and I can see it has been to a fault. But it is time to be more self-aware."

I nod in agreement with my mom.

"And you, Katie, need to be more compassionate towards your sister. She is your younger sister and you should take care of her and her feelings as you would your own. She looks up to you and has always sought out your approval."

I look at Rachel, waiting for her to deny it. I can't wrap my head round being held up to any pedestal in her eyes.

Her arms are still crossed but she is no longer looking at me.

"You girls have to realize that when your father and I are no longer in the world, you are all that the other will have. You have to be there for one another and love each other unconditionally. If you don't look out for each other then who will?" She huffs and crosses her arms. I guess that is the end of her speech.

"I'm sorry." I look at Rachel. "I promise I will try to be more of an older sister than a rival. I want you to talk to me. I want to know how you feel and if there is anything I can do to help." For the first time in a very long time, I feel protective of Rachel. I know I will protect her with all of my might. Even if we bicker, I never want anyone else making her feel this way. She needs to know that I will be here no matter what.

"I accept your apology." She shifts in her seat and turns her nose up at me. When she doesn't say anything else my mother swaps her in the back of the head. "Ok! I am sorry too. I will stop trying to compete and give you the respect of an older sister."

My mother gets up and motions for us to hug.

The three of us embrace in one big hug.

"I am so glad Sam gets to stay in the family. I really like her." My mom sighs. "And Traci has always been like a daughter to me so you can imagine how pleased I am that we will finally be family on paper."

Rachel and I giggle but hug our mom even tighter. For once in this whole trip, all seemed to be falling into place.

******

~Traci~

Sunday morning, Rachel's last day.

We said a couple of words last night but pretty much left everything for today. Our first official date. I find something suitable to wear for brunch. I opt for a cream button up and some faded jeans. I apply light makeup and make sure my hair looks good. My eyes are bright and I can't wipe the smile from my face. Today is the beginning of our official relationship. I have to make sure everything goes according to plan.

I kiss my parents goodbye and they wish me good luck.

The drive to Rachel's place is very nerve-racking.

Although I am excited to finally be able to date Rachel, I can't help but wonder how I will measure up to her previous exes. Did they open the door for her? Who was her favorite and why? Pampering Rachel will be no problem, but I can't drive myself crazy imagining what others have done before me. I drum my fingers against the steering wheel and turn up the music to clear my mind. I need happy thoughts if I am going to start off on the right foot.

Once I park next to the curb, I look in the rearview mirror one last time. I step out of my White Corolla and knock on her door. The car is old but it is clean and the condition isn't so bad. Rachel has been in it before and I never second guessed how she felt about it. Now though, my mind is in knots. Maybe she prefers fancier cars. She does drive a cute red Benz.

Sam opens the door.

She motions for me to come in and shakes my hand.

"Rachel should be down soon. Want something to drink?" I follow her to the kitchen and decline.

"You look great." She walks to the stove and flips an omelet.

"Thanks. That smells good." She's wearing dark pants and a dark blue shirt. She also looks like she's dressing to impress.

"Thanks! I'm trying to surprise Kate with some breakfast." She turns down the heat on the home fries and stirs them up.

"So, are their parents cool with everything?" That was my way of fishing for more information. Rachel didn't really go into detail on how the night ended. It must have been better than okay since she didn't call me crying.

It was somewhat of a revelation to hear Rachel admit to caring about her sister's approval. In my head I knew there was some competition but Rachel always came out the winner.

Sam laughs. "About as cool as they can be. I'm sure it is a lot to take in. They both went out this morning. Probably to give everyone space." She places the omelet on a plate and cuts up some cilantro on top. "Their father is very level headed. We got to talk some and he seemed okay for the most part."

I hear footsteps coming from upstairs. I turn and see Rachel practically running the last couple of steps. She stops when she sees me and her eyes light up. "Traci!" Her hands nervously fidget with her pastel green blouse and baby blue jeans.

I walk up to her and kiss her. It is what I have been wanting to do since I left her last night. She leans into me and sighs against my lips. When I pull back to look into her eyes I smile. She looks content. Utterly happy. And I am the reason why. Crazy.

"Are you ready to go?" I ask.

She nods and smiles. "I'm kind of nervous."

I chuckle. Rachel is not one to show weakness. I like that she feels comfortable enough to share that.

"I am too." I kiss her one more time and drag her out of the house.

The car ride to the restaurant is a bit awkward. I can tell Rachel's nerves are just piling up which makes me feel less at ease. What if I say the wrong thing? Am I doing something wrong?

I open her car door and we walk into the busy restaurant hand in hand.

******

~Kate~

SkylerLuv
SkylerLuv
815 Followers