My Sister's Girl

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I wake up to Sam's fingers lightly brushing my cheek.

My eyes flutter open and I smile. She looks beautiful.

Out of respect for my parents, Sam and I slept in different rooms. Out of respect for me and Traci, Sam moved into the guest room and left Rachel in her room. She assured me that the whole time they have been here she has slept on the floor while Rachel slept in her bed. I hope she felt more comfortable in her own space. It is also so nice to see her first thing in the morning.

She kisses my forehead. "I made breakfast for you."

I smile even brighter and jump off the bed to get ready. She gives me some privacy and lets me know she'll set everything up down stairs.

I try not to let looming thoughts about our future ruin my morning and take a shower as quick as humanly possible. I decide to wear another sundress and some sandals. I brush my hair and put on some eyeliner and light lipstick.

Sam is sitting at the table and stands when she sees me come down. She bites her lip and pulls out a chair for me. "You look beautiful."

I blush and run a hand through my hair.

"This looks delicious." I grab the plate set out in front of me and grab a little of everything. Sausage, potatoes, toast.

Sam waits until I'm done grabbing food to make herself a plate. We talk about the weather and some news stories to fill the silence. I fill my mouth with food whenever I feel myself wanting to bring up our future. I don't want to ruin this magical morning for us. But that is just not me. I can't sit back and 'chill'. I allow my thoughts to take over every inch of my brain. The more I try to push them away the more prominent they become. By the time I am on my last bite I feel my stomach turning over.

"What is it?" She looks at me and hands me my orange juice.

I shake my head and glue my lips together.

She is done eating so she is just staring at me now.

I wring my hands together and take a calming breath. "Can I-?" With hesitation I get up from my seat and move to sit on her lap. Her arms automatically wrap around me and she lets me rest my head on her shoulder. "This was great. Thank you."

She runs a hand through my wet hair. "What is bothering you? Were the eggs to your liking?"

"Everything was perfect." I play with her collar in between my fingers. "You're perfect."

She chuckles and moves in to kiss my lips.

"I know something is bothering you." She tries again.

"I'm just thinking about what will happen once we leave here." The blood rushes to my cheeks.

She waits.

And waits.

"I would love to take you on a proper date." She offers.

"That's a good start." My nerves are more at ease. "I would like that very much."

"And depending on how that goes I would love to take you out on more dates."

I smile and hide my head in her hair. My lips rub against her strands. She smells so fresh and clean, a light hint of pine. I inhale deep.

"And if all of those dates turn out to be as great as I imagine them to be, I will eventually want us to find a place that we both will like to live in."

My head snaps up and I look into her honest, blue and green pools. The yellow specks are shining bright today. "Just like that?" I hold my breath, not wanting to ruin anything.

She nods. "Pretty much. I don't think you realize just how much I truly like you, Kate."

I feel my eyebrows rise in trepidation. "If it is anything close to how much I like you, I can guess."

Her eyes turn playful but she keeps a straight face. "How much do you like me?"

"A lot." I don't hesitate. "Like...a lot, a lot. It's almost embarrassing."

The playfulness is replaced by a more adoring look. "Then I don't see why you would worry about what will happen once we go back. And never be embarrassed of your feelings for me." She kisses me deeply.

******

~Traci~

Rachel drinks a couple of mimosas to ease her nerves and it is only a matter of time until she goes back to normal. Gone is the nervousness and back is the playful Rachel I fell for. I drink one to join her.

We talk about all that has happened in the last year and things we think are important and even some that we probably don't but would still like the other person to know. I asked about Sam and how everything came about and after gulping down one whole drink she told me everything in detail. We laughed a lot at how this trip turned into a disaster and finally sit in silence when we exhaust all of our topics. I look down at my watch to see we have been sitting here for almost three hours.

"What time are you leaving today?"

She finishes the last of her drink. "Later in the afternoon. I am going to eat dinner with my parents and then head out."

"Oh." It is hard to find something useful to say. I did hope we would clear the air about what was in store for us but I don't want to come off as pushy. I want Rachel to have a say in what she thinks is best for our future. Has she thought about it? I don't know how I feel about long distance if I am perfectly honest. "Maybe I should get you home then. You might need a nap to sober up before attempting to drive anywhere."

"When are you going to come up and visit?" Her cheeks turn brighter. She is already flushed from the drinks but now she looks nervous.

"Soon, I hope." With this new relationship I know I will have to find a new job and hopefully move closer to Rachel. I want to tell her that but I don't know how fast or slow she wants to take this. If it was up to me, I would pack my bags and move in tomorrow. But I have to be practical. And I will go at whatever pace Rachel sets.

"You hope?" Her brows furrow. She finds our waitress and motions for the check.

"Yeah, I mean, I will look at train tickets or take my car but I have to see when they would need me at work." She's gathering her things and I know I have said something to upset her.

"Ok." She tries to pay for breakfast but I beat her to it.

"I will pay for our first date." I sign the check.

We walk out together, hand in hand. There is deafening silence between us. We were doing so well and I don't know what I did to mess it up but it does feel like my fault. We walk down the block to where I parked my car. It is a beautiful day out, the birds and chirping and the sun is out. And yet I am unable to enjoy it all because I can't think straight around Rachel.

I try to open the car door for her but she snaps back to look at me. Her hazel eyes burn a hole through my heart. "What are we?"

I open my mouth but the words are stuck in my throat.

"Are we exclusive? Or are you going to be dating other girls while you're here and I'm all the way over there?" Her fiery eyes become more animated with my silence. She crosses her arms and fumes as the silence builds. "Because if I am anything other than your girlfriend, we can end this now."

I laugh before I can stop myself. Her face falls and she begins to curse me to Hell in front of a busy sidewalk. People walking by give us looks and I grab her shoulders to remind her we are in public. Her anger is something I'm used to. I can deal with angry Rachel. I am out of depth with nervous Rachel who doesn't speak what is on her mind and holds back when it comes to talking about what she is feeling. I feel like I can finally breathe.

When she finally stops yelling, I give her what she wants. What we both need. "I'm going to look for jobs around your area. I have nothing holding me here and I want to be with you. I just don't want you to feel like I'm moving too fast."

Her eyes turn docile and she places a hand over her mouth.

"Rachel, will you be my girlfriend?" I am almost laughing again.

She pushes me playfully and then hugs me tight. "That's all you needed to say."

"You can be so dense sometimes." I kiss her lips. "Nothing can ever keep me away from you, Rachel."

She gushes at my comment. I can tell the feeling is mutual.

******

~Kate~

Saying goodbye to my parents is always the hardest part of these trips.

Every year they're getting older and every year I want to spend more and more time with them. I hug each one close and promise them that I will see them for the holidays this year. This trip has taught me that family needs to become my priority. Who knows where we will be this time next year? I have to focus on the now and be present in their lives not just over the phone. No one will love me and look out for me the way that they do. Even Rachel is going to be bumped up on my list.

I turn to her and give her a long hug. We exchange some goodbyes and I promise to call her when I get home. She looks surprised but does not say anything snarky like I half expected her to. Baby steps.

Sam gives everyone a hug as well and we put our things into the car. It made sense that she will ride back with me since we both live in the same city. Rachel drove her own car here so she is going to leave later.

At first, I am nervous about the long car ride that await us but the closer the time comes the more excited I get. This will be the first time Sam and I will be alone with no chance of getting interrupted mid-sentence.

We stop at the gas station first to grab some snacks and fill up the tank.

It feels natural to do even the most mundane tasks with her. Being around Sam is easy. She helps when there is something to be done and sits back when everything is in place. She is not imposing and does not demand much attention even though my body is always aware of her. She is constantly under a spotlight in my life. Every look or touch feels heightened when it comes from her.

We spend the better part of the car ride going over basic stories about our childhood and likes and dislikes. Anyone judging our conversation would consider it the car ride as our first date. Sam is easy to talk to and even easier to listen to. She talks with a self-assurance that people pay money to get lessons on. Her words are thought out and her tone is captivating. Her dry humor turns me on more than I would like to admit but I feel myself slipping further and further into her orbit.

She seems to like to hear me talk as well because she asks me as many questions as I ask her. Her eyes become focused and she hangs on to my every word. I feel like my stories are nothing to write a book about but she is captivated. It looks like she's burning every sentence into memory. I relish the attention. But I know it is because it is coming from her. Because I am entertaining her and getting to know her more.

The more hours pass between us the more I am convinced that she is my missing puzzle piece. I have never instantly clicked with anyone like this before. And now, I don't have to worry about losing her. If I have anything to say about it, we will spend the rest of our afternoons getting closer and being each other's happiness. I can't wait to see what that looks like in her beautiful eyes.