All Comments on 'My Voyage of Submission'

by Thors_Fist

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
FriskyMindFriskyMindabout 3 years ago

Thor, you broke my heart and uplifted me at the same time. This is, Imo, the best chapter you’ve ever written. Certainly the most important. Human trafficking, rape, other forms of violence against women continue to be huge issues. Thank you for putting a spotlight on it. I’ve questioned you a couple times about things you’ve written because these are such sensitive subjects and I wanted to know your intentions. I never will again. We need more men like you in this world. As for me, I was date raped in college. Rape is still a very difficult crime for women to report and not go through hell a second time. As a traumatized 20 year old, who had a pretty good idea what would happen, I didn’t have the courage to report it. It’s now 37 years later and I’ve never forgotten his name or what happened. I never will. It occurred to me a few years ago I might find him on FB. I did, I admit I was hoping he’d had some karmic payback but he seemed to have lived a perfectly happy life. There isn’t always justice, but...for Fatima...I hope there will be. Thank you.

Cindy1001Cindy1001about 3 years ago

Dear Thor, thank you for writing this. Unfortunately, it is still necessary to write about and discuss abuse of women and human trafficking. Good that you do.

When Roberta mentioned that she wanted to gut Fatima's enslavers, a scenario played out in my mind in which the crew assist in a lure operation to capture them, setting up in the said hotel. What happens then, well, I wouldn't be adverse to some revenge.

As for me, I have had a combination of fortune, safe environment and self-confidence that nothing seriously bad has happened to me. I know I am lucky in that respect and my compassion is for my less fortunate sisters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Unfortunately, Human Trafficking Exists

Yes; unfortunately, Human Trafficking exists. I just completed a Human Trafficking course on Friday. While stationed in Kuwait, the Kuwait Custom Official’s discovered a Woman on board a commercial cargo ship destined for Human Trafficking.

Although Human Trafficking, existed in Afghanistan, the Human Trafficking posed little risk due to most people worked/lived on the base.

When, I returned to Kuwait, I had to validate that each worker, employed with the contractor, before signing their badge validation paperwork. In Kuwait the Kuwaiti citizens due not perform manual labor tasks, so they hire numerous foreign nationals, which leads to human trafficking.

In my opinion, the US Officials know Human Trafficking exists, as well as, other human right’s / Women’s status issues, in Kuwait, but, back then, the Kuwait oil supply offset the Human Trafficking / Women issues.

J

FatChick4EroticaFatChick4Eroticaabout 3 years ago

It happened to me...raped by my boyfriend.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

One of your best yet, more drama and making love and less fucking, it may also be a good time to make a difference between a Master and a Sir or Dom and a Slave and a Submissive in your storytelling. Iwilllook forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I always enjoy your writing Thor but this is in my opinion your best as well as most important piece. I wish I could get more people to read it and promote more debate and light shone upon the evils of modern slavery. I enjoy the fantasy but consider the reality brutal and this piece beautifully highlights the difference. Thank you

greens444greens444about 3 years ago

Excellent on several levels. First introduction of the horror of human trafficking makes the story more realistic.

Second the story needed a fresh line and this added that texture to the story. As always, excellent story telling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Me too - ex husband. Also asaulted our daughter, the idiot recorded doing it, I took tape to police. Found guilty. If he hadn't recorded it, he prob would have got away with it. 17 years later I still have ptsd, daughter struggles too. But

Steve150177Steve150177almost 3 years ago

If I was the editor I would have suggested it say, that Beth sitting on the 1" board the night before Fatima came aboard, that it was a good thing that no bruses were visible the next day.

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Good start to another story as Beth's journey continues. Great to see some positive action being played out re deforestation and human slave trafficking. 5⛤

OCafuneOCafuneabout 1 year ago

This is the second book in the Beth saga, you say. Which one is the first? Is there a third?

MikePaulWritesMikePaulWrites8 months ago

WOW! It just keeps getting better. You are a terrific story teller and a pretty fine human being. Five big gold stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous