My Wife Dates a Senator—Alt Ending

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We left for the sporting goods store knowing that we had probably forgotten something important.

When we arrived at REI, we were approached by a pretty sales lady. I told her we were here to buy everything we needed with which to go camping—everything.

Fortunately, our sales lady, was a long-time camping expert. She had hiked both the full length of the Appalachian Trail and The Great Western Trail, a 3,100-miles trek from Mexico to Canada. She assured us there wasn't anything she didn't know about hiking and camping.

I ended up buying, among other things, two 3-second three-man tents, three sleeping bags good down to zero degrees Celsius, air mattresses, a foldout table with four foldout chairs, three foldup easy chairs, a two-cartridge propane stove, camping pots, pans, dishes and utensils, and two rechargeable LED lanterns.

My car was a Nissan Sport, a diminutive SUV, and we had a lot of trouble fitting all of our gear into the luggage area. I had to put several items in the front passenger seat.

Our sales lady insisted we take a large cooler with us. We would need it to keep our food fresh and hide the smell from the bears. She told us to keep it in the locked car at night.

"Bears!" I thought. With that possible danger, I decided to return home and get my Browning 9mm High Power semi-automatic pistol which I did. I also had the foresight to throw four rolls of toilet paper in the trunk.

The last thing I did before I left home was leave a hand-written note for Hester. All it said was, "Gone camping. Back in 3-4 days." I put the note on the kitchen table and I put my wedding ring on top of it. On the way out the door, I grabbed two bottles of my best bourbon whiskey.

As the excitement of shopping wore off, we all realized that we were hungry. On the way out of town, I stopped to top off the gas and go by McDonalds where we picked up hamburgers, fries and chocolate shakes to eat in the car. I also stopped at a Safeway store that was open 24-hours a day and bought milk, coffee, bacon, eggs, frozen French toast, bananas, butter, powdered chocolate mix and a few other items that I thought we would need to get us started the next morning.

Although Elise and Nate talked excitedly about our camping adventure, it wasn't long before they started to drift off to sleep. I was left alone with my thoughts... thoughts I had relegated to the back of my mind while preparing for the drive.

Hester had hurt me. She had hurt me to the point that I didn't know if I was still in love with her or not. How could anybody who professed to love someone, be so callous and disrespectful? I guess there is no nice way to tell your husband that you're going to fuck another man.

What made her think that there wouldn't be consequences? Is she so delusional that she thinks I will forgive her for such wanton behavior? She should know that I would never consent to be a knowing cuckold for the rest of my life.

I thought of divorce and what it would do to me financially. My overriding thought about divorce was that I did not want to be a single dad. I couldn't imagine seeing my children only every other weekend and for a few weeks in the summer.

I thought that if she returned full of remorse, genuine remorse, then possibly there would be a chance at reconciliation... maybe.

Then I had thoughts of revenge sex. There were any number of women I know who would go to bed with me if I encouraged it. That would show her.

It would also make things worse, not better.

Without coming to any ideas for consequences, I settled on one criterion. Whatever I did had to be in the best interest of Elise and Nate.

I cried quietly while I drove. I didn't want to wake my babies.

Four hours later, I was near my property. However, in the dark, I wasn't totally certain where I was. My I-Phone GPS helped, but there were no roads on the property. I parked in the dark and decided I was tired and need sleep badly. I didn't need to, but I opened one bottle of my bourbon whiskey and poured myself two shots worth in a plastic cup. Before I went to sleep, I told myself I will have to bring my whiskey glasses next time.

The next thing I remember is my daughter banging on my window. "Daddy, Daddy, look at the deer!"

It was morning. The sun was just coming up. My muscles were a little sore because of the less-the-comfortable car seat that I slept in.

I opened the door just in time to see four or five deer disappear into the forest.

I said to both Elise and Nate, "If you are quiet and don't move when you see deer, you won't scare them away. You might eventually make friends with them if they realize that you are not going to hurt them."

Mentally, I told myself that next time, I would bring a salt lick to the property to entice the deer to visit our place whenever they wanted. I would also bring carrots for the deer.

Before we set up camp, we decided to explore the property. There were over three-hundred trees on the land. It was, essentially, a virgin forest. We walked the road down to the water and then along the shore to the stream and, finally back to the car. During our hike we discovered a clearing near the center of the property, on top of a small, flat knoll with a view of the lake. We selected that for our camp site.

We (meaning I) hauled all of our gear to our selected camping spot. Most of the stuff we bought was still in boxes that we had to open. The 3-second tents were appreciated. All you had to do was unfold the tent on the ground and raise up a center canvas handle. The tent popped full open.

Likewise, we opened our other camping items and the camp site began to take shape. I found 18 or 20 large rocks that I arranged in the center of the camp for a fire pit. I sent the kids out to collect firewood. The forest was littered with dry tree branches and the kids brought in enough for our entire stay. I found some large tree branches that we used to keep the fire going late into the night.

So started our camping adventure. We all learned a lot about living in such a primitive environment. For instance, I needed a flashlight and, maybe, one of those headband lights.

The kids reluctantly learned that they had to pee and poop in the woods. I found a downed logged that could serve as something to lean on and I used my army utility shovel to dig a hole for our waste.

I didn't even think about that fact that while the kids and I were setting up camp, Hester was supposed to have returned home. I had left my phone in the car during most of the day. When I finally looked at it, I noted that there was no service available where we were.

We camped and hiked and even went swimming in the lake. It was cold.

On Sunday afternoon, we drove to the nearby town of Margaritaville. It was a small town that catered to campers and fishermen. We resupplied ourselves with food and a number of other times it became apparent we need... like a hatchet.

Once in town, I noted that my cell phone was working. There were a lot of texts, e-mails and voicemail calls from Hester. I didn't want to spoil my time away from her by reading them, so I didn't.

What I did do, however, was text her four or five pictures and a short video, without explanations, of the kids having a good time at their camp site and at the lake.

We stayed at Lake Margarite until Tuesday. Tuesday afternoon we packed everything into the car and drove into town where I found a storage rental until where we could leave most of our gear rather than bring it back home. The kids did insist that we bring at least one tent back home with us so they could camp out in the backyard.

Even though it wasn't nighttime during our drive home, the kids slept most of the way regardless. And I had time to dwell on how I was going to address Hester and my marriage problems.

As much as I would have liked to yell and scream at her for her improprieties, I decided that I would never get into a loud and prolonged argument with her. I didn't want the kids to witness a verbal fight between us. I had decided on a number of actions I was going to take to minimize my time with Hester and maximize my time with my Elise and Nate

I sent a text to Hester when we were about two hours away. I told her we needed dinner and we would arrive home about 7pm.

As we pulled into the driveway, Hester came out to meet us. She was dressed simply enough in pedal-pushers and a white blouse. Her hair was in a ponytail. She gave me a hostile stare and I returned it.

The kids went running to her with hugs and kisses—and immediately started tell her of their adventures in their forest. I stood away from them because I did not want to interfere in the intimate moment. And, I didn't want to pretend to be affectionate to Hester. Instead, I started unloading the car and putting things in the garage.

Before she disappeared into the house with the kids, Hester said, "It appears that you didn't spend the last four days telling them how evil their mother is."

After Hester and the kids went in the house and as I unloading the car, Abigale walked up to me and, surprisingly, gave was a tight hug that lasted for several seconds. Abigale was a neighbor that lived several houses away from us. She was a widow about fifty years old—and a good-looking one. She had a great figure and an enticing rack.

"I'm happy to see you, too, Abigale. Apparently, you missed me more than my wife did.

"Reggie, I wanted to talk with you as soon as you came home. There are some things I think you need to know... you would want to know."

Abigale was completely serious so I ask her what was on her mind.

She said, "Early Saturday afternoon about 1pm, I was jogging around the block when I saw a black limousine pull up to the curb in front of your house. Two big goons stepped out of the car and blocked the sidewalk, not letting me pass. As I stood there wondering who these people were and what they wanted, one of the goons helped Hester step out of the car. Then, Senator Noberto exited the limo. They seemed indifferent to me as I continued jogging in place.

"Noberto pulled Hester into a tight embrace and kissed her passionately. I heard Hester say something similar to, 'Until we meet again'". They kissed with their whole bodies once more before Hester started for the house. As she passed by me, she smiled but didn't say anything. The Senator returned to his car and drove off."

"I can't go into it with you right now, Abigale, but there are troubles in River City," referring obliquely to my marriage. "Thank you very much for that information. It will help me to deal with... things"

Abigale hugged me again which really felt good, not only from the point view of a friend comforting a friend, but, as I described, Abigale was a good-looking woman with a great body, and it felt good to hold her for a moment.

"If you need anything, anything that I can help you with, let me know. I'm usually around... day and night," she said with a smile.

When I finished putting the camping equipment in the garage, I entered the house. Hester had made grilled cheese sandwiches for us and tomato soup. It was probably the ideal dinner for both me and the kids.

Hester and I made family talk while the kids were up but we both knew that after they went to bed, we were going to get serious.

We gave the kids their baths and got their clothes ready for school the next day. By 8pm, I had finished tucking them in. They were still excited about their adventure and wanted to know when they could do it again.

I went to the family room and poured myself two shots of bourbon whiskey and waited quietly for the conflagration.

When Hester came down, she walked right up to the front of my La-Z-boy and, standing akimbo, said, "You have a lot to answer for."

I just had to smile at that statement.

"Go ahead," I replied. "You go first." I took a sip of my bourbon and looked at Hester for her laundry list of grievances. She gave me the impression that I didn't have any that were worthwhile.

"Just what," she started, "is the meaning of your wedding ring on the kitchen table? Was it some sort of melodramatic way to tell me that you didn't want to be married to me while I had my date with Tom?"

The thought occurred to me that you have to be pretty close to a US senator to call him 'Tom'".

Hester went on. "Well, I'm home now and you can put your ring back on."

With that said, she handed me my wedding ring. I studied it for a few second, sighed and casually put it on the lamp table next to my chair. "I don't have a need for this anymore," I said. "What else do you have for me?"

"Reg, this doesn't have to be an end to our marriage. I know you are hurting and I am so regretful that I'm the one who did this to you. Nevertheless, it was something I felt compelled to do... for me. I'm not sorry. Tom was a wonderful bed companion."

"I was hoping for an apology for your actions, not for the fact that you hurt my feelings. I guess that's not going to happen."

"It was a wonderful experience for me," Hester said with a dreamy expression on her face. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I just wish I could have done it without hurting you. But I expect you to get over it because you love me. It was a onetime event and will not affect us in the long run."

Fate sealed my future at that point. Up until that moment, I had hoped beyond hope that I would find a genuinely remorseful wife who was ashamed and regretful of her actions. If she had shown great compunction over her sexual tryst with Senator Asshole, I thought that there might be a slim hope for eventual reconciliation. That was obviously not the case.

With my glass in my hand, I waved at Hester to continue.

"You just had to tell my mom and dad, didn't you. How could you do that? This was supposed to be a private, intra-marital arrangement just between you and me.

"And don't forget Senator Asshole," I added.

"He's not an asshole as you so crudely put it. He's an extremely handsome and charming man. He is an accomplished political figure with a great deal of responsibility. I would like you to be happy that he wanted to be seen with me, that he wanted to be with me. It was a magical night..."

"Yes," I interrupted, "you already told me. It was a 'wonderful experience'."

"Regarding your parents, you seemed so pleased with yourself and so self-assured that I started to wonder whether or not I was being too puritanical," I lied. "So, I contacted your mom and dad to get their opinion. It was actually your mom that noticed that you weren't in the conversation and asked about your whereabouts. When I told her you were out on a date to a fundraising gala with Senator Asshole and that you intended to stay overnight with him, she became apoplectic. Your dad had to take over the conversation. He wasn't happy either. I guess your parent's attitude was the same as mine and I was as appropriately as Puritanical as I thought I was.

If Hester had had a gun, I'm certain she would have shot me. At that point I didn't really care anymore.

You should know that my Mom and Dad are of the same opinion. You will have to be careful when you see my Mom again.

Hester had more on her mind. "I suppose you poisoned the kids against me and spent the last few days teaching them how awful their mother is."

I rejoined, "Did it look like I had estranged you when we returned home and the kids went running up to you with their hugs and their stories? I would never do that regardless of how badly you hurt me, damaged our marriage and destroyed our family."

"I didn't damage our marriage or destroy our family," she accused. Whether or not our marriage continues is up to you. A real man would understand what a great opportunity I had, and not let his oversized ego prevent us from moving on as if this was a non-event. If you want to be a vindictive bastard and file for divorce, you will end up as an every-other-weekend dad.

At that point, I had had enough.

I threw my drink in her face. She staggered backward, totally surprised at my unexpected reaction to her ultimatum. I stood up and walked toward her with my fists clenched and a menacing snarl on my face. My assertive visage made her back up util she backed against the leather sofa and sat down looking up at me, a little afraid of what demons she had let loose. I bent over her and looked directly into her face.

"Up until a few weeks ago, I had the perfect wife. She was beautiful, affectionate and loyal. But something happened to change that. Almost overnight you seemed to have lost all respect for me. You have been insolent and insulting. Before your date, you accused me of, 'being a small man with a sick mind.' You openly flirted with Senator Asshole and humiliated me at the charity ball, you announced that you were going out on a date with Senator Asshole without my permission and you were going to spend the night letting him fuck you. Now you suggest that I'm not a real man and that my ego is my problem. Worst of all, you threaten me with the loss of my children if I don't overlook your indiscretion.

"You don't seem to understand the gravity of your situation, Hester, so listen carefully. I don't love you anymore. You killed that love the minute you walked out the door to be with Senator Asshole. I didn't quit realize it at the time but I've had several days—and long nights by myself—to think about it. If it wasn't for the kids, I would have had you served with divorce papers by now."

Hester tried to interrupt. "You can't mean that, Reg. I know you love me."

"You haven't been listening, Hester. I'M NOT IN LOVE WITH YOU ANYMORE! You killed that love when you turned into a slut. I don't even want to touch you. You have been soiled by the touch of Senator Asshole.

"And what's funny is that you don't even know how far down the rabbit hole you are yet. You haven't recognized your 'wonderful experience' as the shit storm it actually is.

"If I had come home to a wife that was ashamed and guilt-ridden by what she had done to her husband and her marriage, and was genuinely remorseful about having sex with Senator Asshole; then, maybe, there might have been a slim hope that we could eventually reconcile. But you aren't the slightest bit apologetic for your actions."

"But I told you that I was sorry that I hurt your feelings," Hester interceded. "That should be enough for you to forgive me. We can go on from there."

She did not yet understand and was selfishly blind to the maelstrom that was swirling around her.

"Understand this, Hester, I will never forgive you for what you have done to me, our marriage and our children—ever!

I backed away from Hester and she took advantage of the less dramatic confrontation to gather her thoughts.

"So, what do you intend to do, Reg?" she said. "Are you going to divorce me and try to get custody of the kids?"

"If I could, I would," I answered. "But I doubt that the courts would award me custody of Elise and Nate considering how young they are. Besides, you've been a good mother. They need you at this time in their lives.

"However, from this point forward, my children are the only thing in my life that matter to me. And, as much as I hate to do it, I'm going to stay married to you for the time-being and try to give my babies a normal family life.

"You have no idea how much I hate the title of cuckold. But I will put up with it until Elise and Nate are grown and out of the house. Then, you can pretty well be assured that I will divorce you.

"When we are with the children, I will be gregarious and cheerful. When we do interact, I will be courteous and polite. I will even be affectionate and put my arm around you or hold your hand. But when we are alone, I want nothing to do with you."

Through some sniffles, Hester asked, "Are we going to sleep together?"