My Wife Dates a Senator—Alt Ending

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What could you possibly owe me?" Hester said.

"Well," Bell continued for the group, "if you hadn't screwed over your husband, he wouldn't be here with us and we wouldn't be enjoying the benefits of his friendship."

Hester looked into the face of each of the five women. "Have you all fucked him?" she asked.

Although I was cooking at the barbeque at the time, I was still within earshot of the conversation. "That's none of your business," I shouted at Hester.

Andrea answer first. "I have a boyfriend. He's a first officer with American Airlines and his schedule is generally three on and three off. When he is not here, Reggie is a godsend to me. He helps me with my son, James, and his kids have proven to be good friends to James', too.

Roxy continued, "My husband became alcoholic after he lost his job as a salesman for a large manufacturing company. He couldn't find anything better since so many companies were going to online advertising. Finally, I couldn't take anymore and I divorced him. Now I have two young children, a boy and a girl, and I'm struggling to make their lives happy. Reggie has helped me and my babies in so many ways without asking for anything, not even sex, in return.

"As strange as it seems, since I divorced my husband, he has stopped drinking. I think he misses his children, and maybe me, more than he wants the bottle. Anyway, he has been very attentive over the last year or so and I am going to wait to see how things go."

Carmen interrupted next. "My poor husband suffered from a dipolar disorder. Over the years, he became worse and worse and, finally, suffered a complete mental breakdown. He was committed to mental hospital and is not expected to recover. Meanwhile, I have three children to raise. I was fortunate to be able to afford a home here at The Gardens, and I am more fortunate to have Reggie as my close friend and surrogate dad to my children. I love that man to death and I will do anything to see that he is not hurt further. Do you understand me?

Bell was the next to address Hester. "My husband was an abusive son-of-a-bitch. He was charming when everything was going well, but became abusive when he was frustrated. At first, he was verbally abusive. Then, she started to push me around. When he started to slap me, I realized I had to get out. I sought refuge in a home for abused women. From there, I used my college education to get a job as a librarian and eventually moved into The Gardens."

Bell continued, "You might like to know that I've fucked your husband. Actually, from my point of view, we made love.

"When I found out that he and your kids liked camping, I told him that I had lots of camping equipment in storage. We decided to go camping together. I had a boy and a girl, just like you. The boys slept in one tent and the girls slept in another. Reggie and I had my big, stand-up tent. Initially, we both had separate sleeping bags but I convinced him to unzip them and rezip them together as one two-person sleeping bag. I took off all my clothes and convinced Reggie to do the same. He showed a little resistance at first but then told me that he would be crazy to let a golden opportunity like we had go by without taking advantage of it.

"I can only guess how good Senator Asshole was in the sack, but Reggie was wonderful to me. I can't imagine you being unhappy with him if he treats you anything like he did me.

"I will never forget that he told me I had the most beautiful breasts of any women in Northern Virginia.

"You cannot believe how highly I regard Reggie. He might never marry me but I know he loves me a little bit and that we are as close to one another as two people can be."

Everyone looked at Kate. "I've slept with Reggie but I've never had sex with him."

"I'm a widow. My husband was a soldier and was killed in the Mid-East a year ago. I am still not over my loss but I have been trying to prevent it from totally destroying the lives of my babies, Julia and brad.

"I was totally surprised when Reggie asked me for a date a few weeks ago. He didn't know that I was a widow still in morning. He was upfront with me about his marital situation and told me it was just dinner and, perhaps, some dancing.

In my grief and loneliness after my husband died, I had a number of short affairs and one-night stands. I was almost self-destructive. I really needed a high-quality social life if I was to be a good mom for my kids. My friends here," and Kate motioned to the ladies with her at the table, "arranged for Reggie to ask me out.

"It surprised me when, during the date, I realized how much Reggie reminded me of my late husband. The way he treated me, his manner of speech, his comportment, all reminded me of Joe.

"When our date of over, and Reggie took me home, he gave me a light 'thank you' kiss at my doorstep. Instead of letting him go, I invited him inside. I told him that I would like him to sleep with me but that I wasn't ready for sex with him. He sensed a conflict within me and agreed to go to bed with me with no expectation of getting laid. He held me close and didn't say anything while I wept until I went to sleep.

"Reggie is the kindest man I ever have ever known."

Hester was transfixed with the stories of her husband's relationship with these women.

"So again, I asked you, why are you being so good to me knowing that I had apparently treated Reggie so badly.

"Well," said Andrea, "we actually think you are the stupidest woman in the world. Except for Kate, all of our husbands have been losers. You, on the other hand, have thrown away a perfectly good man that would have loved you for the next fifty years for no other reason than you wanted a single encounter for some strange sex with a man that was an asshole.

Roxy was, apparently, the mathematician in the group. "Look at it this way, Hester. If Senator Asshole was twice as good as Reggie in bed, then you would need to fuck Reggie twice to equal the satisfaction you received from fucking the senator once. Over the next fifty years, we'll say that Reggie would have fucked you an average of one-hundred days a year. That's five-thousand fucks—or the equivalent to the pleasure of two-thousand five-hundred fucks by the senator. So, it seems, you have traded one 'wonderful experience' with the senator for two-thousand five-hundred equivalent fucks with your husband. Hardly a good trade."

"I never intended to trade Reggie for Tom," Hester protested. I believed that Reggie would be unhappy for a while, but then he would get over it when he saw what a good wife I wanted to be for him from that point forward."

"What made you believe that?" Kate asked

"That's what Tom said would happen," Hester stated. Especially since we have kids," Hester argued. "He needs to come back home and keep the family together."

Kate spoke up, "It's our understanding that he already tried that. However, you kept reminding him of your 'wonderful experience' with the senator and even bragged to your girlfriends about it. You humiliated him to your neighbors and belittled him for not complying with your demand that he 'suck it up'. He didn't leave you. You drove him away".

Carmen volunteered, "If I had done that to my husband, I would not expect him to forgive me. In fact, I would think less of him if he did. He would be a pussy to forgive me and try to put it behind him and I would lose all respect for him—like you lost all respect for Reggie when he decided to live with you rather than break up his family."

Hester seemed shaken by the deluge of criticism from my friends. She withdrew from the conversation and stared off into the distance and toward the pool where she watched her children playing in the water with their friends.

Kate finally brought Hester back to reality with the suggestion that they go to the pool and get their kids out of the water with the announcement that hotdogs and hamburgers were ready. Carmen offered to fix Hester a plate of potato salad and baked beans.

Hester was again amazed that these women treated her so well regardless of the fact that she had crapped all over me and our marriage. During the remainder of the afternoon, they were very convivial and talked more light-heartedly about a variety of things that centered on their jobs, their kids and their social activities. As people were preparing to end the evening and get their kids bathed and off to bed, Hester was given a sincere invitation to return whenever she wanted. They even offered to babysit our kids if I was not available.

Since I had driven my family from my house to The Gardens, it was my job to drive them back. We were informed that Elise and Julia, Kate's little girl, had decided to have a sleepover at home. The girls had become very close after knowing each other only a few months. Hester told the girls that they could use the queen-sized bed in the guest bedroom to sleep together.

When we arrived at the house, Hester told the kids to go inside because she wanted to talk with me for a few minutes. Once they were gone, Hester turned to me and said, "Those women adore you. Do you know that?"

"Those ladies have done a lot to help restore confidence in my own manhood after my wife made it clear that she wanted another man more than me. I owe them a lot" I replied.

"And then I added, "You adored me once,"

"Yes, I did," Hester answered. "I don't know when and how I lost that adoration for you. It may have started the night of the charity dance when I met Tom. He was a master with words and his baritone voice was almost mesmerizing. He spoke with such eloquence.

"As soon as he found out I was just a middle school math teacher, he started to build me up by saying that I was destined for a much more distinguished future than a simple educator, harried mom and overworked housewife. I didn't realize it at the time, but he also, started to subtly denigrated you. He said that you obviously did not appreciate me nearly enough.

"You didn't know, but he called me a few days after the charity dance and we talked for more than an hour. He said he was drawn to me for some inexplicable reason—but later he admitted that he thought I had a body built for sex and the most beautiful breasts he had ever seen. He also told me that if I had not been with you on the night of the charity ball, he would have invited me to his hotel room that same evening for a late-night conversation. A few days later, he invited me to lunch in an exclusive club where we talked some more, and became close enough to share a passionate kiss before we left.

"It was at that time that he invited me to be his companion at the fund-rising gala. He said that it would be a plausible reason for us to spend the evening together. He also said that you wouldn't take me for granted after that. I knew what he wanted without him saying it. And by then, I wanted it, too.

"I told him that you would never sanction an evening out with him even though, on the surface, it would seem to be an innocent, above reproach event in the beginning.

"Tom assured me that, if anything happened, he felt confident that you valued me enough to get over it and, in the long run, it would become an insignificant event. He said that you would never take the chance of breaking up your family. Besides, he added, 'I'm a U.S. senator and he should be pleased that his wife was beautiful enough to be chosen as my escort.'"

"What a load of crap!" I exclaimed.

"Yes, it was," Hester agreed.

It seemed to me that Hester had some sort of epiphany, probably induced by the open discussion my friends had with her at the barbeque.

"You're never coming back to me, are you?"

"No," I said. "You hurt me too much. I will never let you put me into that position again. Besides, there is no way I will ever trust you again. Sooner or later, when you again became bored with your mundane life as a wife, mother and school teacher, I would be afraid that you would wonder into the bedroom of some good-looking, fast-talking lothario. I won't take that chance."

"I will never make that mistake again," Hester protested.

"Maybe not," I responded.

Hester cried. "How could I have been so stupid?"

I didn't answer her.

"You know what is worse, Reggie? In retrospect, I don't think my 'wonderful experience' was all that wonderful. I was excited because I was going to be bedded by a handsome man with a great build and a big cock. But, after the first time, after we first ripped off our clothes and fucked each other, it was not as exciting. It wasn't nearly as romantic as I envisioned. Senator Asshole just wanted to get himself off at my expense. He was particularly enamored with my breasts and he spent a lot of time kissing, licking and sucking them. He kept talking about how great he was at pleasing women with his big cock. He wanted me to admit that sex with him was far better than it had ever been with you. There was very little foreplay before he had me two more times that night and once in the morning.

"And, I have to admit," Hester said, "the minute I felt his big cock inside me, I climaxed. I had convinced myself that his big cock was going to give me the greatest sexual thrill of my life

"I thought I had a great time and didn't want to admit to myself that it wasn't as I had expected. I didn't let him know when I kissed him goodbye the next day that our time together wasn't the high point of my life. And I didn't admit to our friends' wives that it wasn't the best sex in the world.

"What I miss now, more than anything, is being with you and having a standard, routine and familiar night of love and sex together. And then spooning together with your hand on my breast."

Hester sobbed some more. "I want you to know, Reggie, that I love you more than anything in the world. I'm so sorry I hurt you and I'm so ashamed that I did what I did with Senator Asshole. I would do anything to undo what I have done to us. Your friends are right, I'm the stupidest woman in the world."

I was surprised. I was witnessing genuine remorse by Hester for what she had done.

"I wish you had felt that way right after you returned home from your date," I said. "Perhaps there would have been some way to save our marriage. Now, it's too late."

I wondered whether or not Hester would have been so remorseful if her night with the senator had been everything she had originally thought it would be.

"Well," I said, "we are still a family of sorts. Both of us are committed to our kids and we've made a reasonable accommodation to raise them together."

"I suppose that's the best I can hope for," Hester replied.

"Let's go inside and put the kids to bed," I suggested. Hester agreed.

I opened her car door and she stepped out. Then, suddenly, she threw her arms around me and held me tight. We stayed like that a minute without either of us saying anything. Then, she turned me loose and we went into the house. Hester, stopped by the master bathroom first, to wash her face and dry her tears before she let the girls see her.

Our arrangement normalized and, most importantly, our kids were happy. We did a surprisingly good job of organizing our schedules. I often had dinner at home and Hester would frequently visit me at my townhouse. Hester became friendly with my lady friends and we occasionally sat in the patio having drinks. We did many things together as a family such as go out to movies, go on day trips, visit the grandparents, share holidays activities, etc.

Both Hester and myself were dating moderately, but we never really involved the kids in our social life. I learned that Hester was dating one of the PE teachers from her school rather consistently.

It was approaching a year since the charity ball and the beginning of the collapse of my marriage. Now that my personal life was more orderly and I had lost a lot of the anger, hurt and humiliation that I'd suffered immediately after Hester's betrayal, my thoughts turned to Senator Asshole.

I learned that the senator was going to be attending the charity ball as he did each year. And a few weeks after that, he was going to be the center of attention at his yearly fund-raising dinner. I began to plot against him.

The first thing I did was join an escort website. After passing all the background checks on my character and financial status, I was able to peruse the individual ladies' advertisements. I wanted someone who was not too young, perhaps in her mid-to-late thirties or early forties. The other qualification was that she had to have a superior rack—a D or even a double-D—and know how to show it off. Several of the escorts sent me pictures in which they prominently displayed their assets.

I finally picked one. Her name was Wendy VanDyke. True to her pictures, she had a great figure, beautiful face and, most importantly, and impressive breasts. She wasn't young, perhaps forty-five years old, with very slight aging lines in her face. She seemed perfect for my purposes.

I met her for coffee and we talked. I learned that she had effervescent personality, probably a requirement in her profession. After establishing a friendly relationship between us, I explained what I had in mind. I really wasn't certain she would want to engage in the activity I had planned, but when she learned it was Senator Asshole, she was very eager to participate.

Next, I needed a private detective agency that could handle the surveillance I had to have done. When I told them I wanted intimate videos of Senator Asshole in his hotel room, several of them didn't want the job because what they had to do was slightly illegal and they didn't want any problems with the senator. However, one agency recommended an individual contractor to me who was, essentially, an unlicensed private investigator who specialized in surveillance.

I contacted the gentleman in question. The name he gave me was Lance Sterling. I knew that wasn't his real name but it didn't really matter.

According to Lance, he had worked as an electronic surveillance expert for the FBI. He left the FBI a few years earlier because of some questionable practices he had performed at the request of his superiors. It seems that the FBI, when unable to get a warrant for surveillance, would sometimes want to spy on an individual of interest anyway because they suspected him of a crime. In Lance's case, they set up electronic surveillance of the suspect's home. When it was discovered that the surveillance had been performed illegally, several FBI agents were dismissed or demoted. Lance was demoted, too. Rather than accept a lackluster career with the FBI, he quit his job and became a free-lance contractor. He laughed when he added that the FBI still uses him on occasion when they need his particular expertise.

I described to Lance what I wanted done. I wanted the hotel room of Senator Noberto rigged for video and audio coverage on the night of the charity ball. Lance was intrigued. Apparently, the more difficult the assignment, the more of a challenge it was to him.

A few days later he reported to me that it wouldn't be easy, but he could do it. He described the problems with hotel security, the extra security added just because the senator was staying there and the problem of accessing the 17th floor of the hotel where four penthouse hotel rooms were located. He added that he found out that the senator was always protected by his private security guards and they even stayed outside his hotel room door when he was entertaining women. However, when the senator was away from the hotel, the room was unguarded.

All of these arrangements were costing me dearly, but I regarded them as worth the price.

A few days before the charity ball, Lance informed me that the senator's room was wired. He had seven, high-resolution video cameras in place that could record in both bright light and low light conditions. He also had five microphones that were sensitive enough to hear a pin drop anywhere in the suite. Everything could be sent to a central recording unit, located in the hotel room just below the senator's on the 16th floor—which Lance had rented.