Myra Slips Up?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Myra finished the book in six weeks. Her writing was fast and sure of itself. In the book, Ronnie (aka Mica) came out as a straight shooter and a nice guy who was sexually able and inventive. He was portrayed as witty and basically a genius. Cochran (Richard - my Dick) came out as a sexual athlete, who provided numerous thunderous orgasms, even though he was mainly interested in his own. But Dick also was portrayed as smart, funny, and sexually indiscriminate.

Myra (Mary) was written to be an intelligent beauty.

The scene where she put off 'Dick's' offer of marriage and accepted Mica's was fully true to life, and so very emotional.

Myra allowed Ronnie to read the draft before she sent it out to publishers. He read it in one day and thought that it would be a big hit. But he was uncomfortable because all their friends and acquaintances would know it was about them. He put that aside. He knew Myra had worked hard at the book, and that it would succeed. He also knew that in writing it she had been emotionally drained several times.

Finally, he had a niggling doubt about their relationship. That was based upon the apparent dichotomy in the book as to the heroine's dreams and aspirations. On the one hand, she wanted marriage, a family, and stability. But on the other hand, she dreamed of being famous and admired by many. Dreamed of being seen and envied.

Ronnie thought that he was the family and stability, and that Cochran was the other thing. In the book, family and stability won. So it was in real life. So far.

The book attracted three interested publishers, who bid on it. Ronnie advised her to take the one with a smaller advance but a larger share of sales revenue. She did that, in part because that offer also included quick publication.

The book was well promoted, and it took off very soon after publication. The hardback version had a great photo of Myra on the back cover. She looked like Ava Gardner, only sexier. It surely added to sales.

Myra managed to get her M.A. in economics in two years. By then, though, she was a writer. She did a two-week book tour. And she was working on another book.

Meanwhile, Ronnie had his doctorate. He and Myra were now both quite well off.

Myra's second book was well received and popular. The characters were not based upon her own life, except one. It was about a married woman who was impregnated by her Prince Charming - not her husband.

She did another book tour. Three weeks, including four days in Great Britain. She was not prepared for her reception there. As soon as she emerged from the limo that transported her from Heathrow, she was accosted by reporters and photographers. They all wanted her to say whether Cochran Devlin was the real 'Dick' in her first book. Cochran was a big deal in Scotland, and now in England. He was so photogenic, and his new paramour, Mary Dawson, was an actress and model. The two were a striking pair and were often photographed.

When she got to her hotel room, she saw on the headlines on her phone that Cochran and Mary were in London, it being the off-season for Scottish football.

Myra called Ronnie when she saw that. He answered directly. It was four pm on the U.S. east coast. Myra explained that she was safe, and that there was a furor about Cochran. They discussed it for a while. Ronnie asked, "Are you going to see him?"

"Oh, no. I never even knew he was in London. And, you know, London's a big place."

Ronnie was reassured.

Cochran and Mary were staying in the same posh hotel as Myra.

Myra had a companion from her publisher along for the England trip. Her name was Blaise Dunning. Blaise was well aware of what sort of reception Myra would get in London. She was the one who had booked the hotel. A good strategic move. Lots of book sales were likely to result. The Prince Charming figure in her new novel resembled Cochran.

Myra and Blaise were on their way out to the Waterstones store at Piccadilly for a signing. As they exited the hotel, Cochran and Mary were only just arriving via a limo. A clutch of photographers was outside the hotel.

Myra came outside with Blaise first. Photos were snapped. But then Cochran's limo arrived. He and Mary were ushered out. Way more pictures were taken.

Myra was stunned to see Cochran on the doorstep of her hotel. She turned to Blaise, with an accusing look. Blaise shrugged and said, "More sales."

Cochran saw Myra above him on the steps. So did Mary. Cochran was happy. Mary was not. Cochran rook Mary's hand and pulled her along as he went to Myra, through the press people. Lots of video of that.

Cochran and Myra were face to face. Cochran embraced her, with air kisses. Mary and Myra did the same. Myra whispered, "Not on me. I never knew." But Pictures and videos were on the net before Myra got to the bottom of the steps.

When they got into their limo - the same one - she pulled out her phone to call Ronnie. Then she recalled the five-hour time difference. Her signing was to begin at ten am. Five at home. She texted him instead. 'I didn't know anything about him being here. It was Blaise."

Ronnie got the text at seven-thirty am. He immediately went to a news source and waited only about two minutes to see the video of the meeting at the hotel entrance. He felt as if he was very lucky to have seen the text first. Then he wondered about its veracity. Just a little.

He also worried about the remainder of the England trip. Myra was to spend three of the four days in London, and the last in Birmingham.

Myra's signing lasted for two and a half hours. She really enjoyed it, except for the questions about Cochran. Her stock reply was, "I'm married. He and I are not a thing now." Some of the questioners appeared to be skeptical.

Myra had a long talk with Blaise as they were back in the limo. She made it quite clear that she did not want to deal with Cochran fever. She asked that there be no further promotion like that. And, as she was saying that, she realized the hopelessness of that request. The damage was done.

She called Ronnie from the limo, before lunch at the hotel. They had a reasonable discussion. Ronnie said, "I understand about pushing the books. I accept that you had no idea about the furor, or him being at the hotel. I only want you to be careful. I can stand the heat. Over here, it's not all that intense."

That made Myra relax a little.

Myra and Blaise were seated at a round booth in the hotel restaurant when Cochran and Mary walked in and sat on either side of them, Cocchran next t Myra. Myra was about to fire Blaies on the spot, but Blaise raised her hands and said, 'This was not me."

Cochran said, "Myra, Mary and I are a couple. No worries, eh?"

Myra said, "Please make that clear to all these vultures."

Mary said, "We didn't do this, Myra. I mean, we were very surprised to see you at the hotel." She was staring at Blaise.

Blaise said, "My fault. Sorry. But it's done now."

A waiter came and they all ordered sandwiches. Cochran had a beer. They had a pleasant meal with Myra and Cochran catching up on each other's lives. Then Myra and Blaise left for Foyles, and Cecil Court, where they had a signing and an interview with BBC.

The interview was done by a well-coifed, slim fellow with manners. Nevertheless, about five minutes in Myra was asked if characters in her first book were actual, real people.

She simply said, "Yes."

Then she explained that she wrote the book as a kind of therapy. And...that led to an interesting discussion of whether roman a clef books were a sort of wish fulfillment. Blaise was happy with the interview, except she thought that it had evolved into a too academic realm. The signing was rowdy, and Myra thought that it was great fun.

Women kept asking her how sex with Cochran was. She would simply smile and say, "Next question."

The next days were similar. Before she left for Birmingham, Myra went to dinner with Mary and Cochran. No Blaise.

As they were eating their appetizers, Mary said, "Myra, do you still have a yen for my man, here?"

Myra was taken aback by the question. She asked, "Why?"

"Because, you know, the two of us wouldn't mind a visit tonight. Maybe even bring Blaise."

Cochran said, "You'd have your pick, you know. Like a smorgasbord."

Myra leaned back. She blinked several times. Then she said, "I'm married. I don't cheat."

Mary said, "Okay. Okay. Send Blaise, then. Why isn't she here now?"

"She had stuff to do about Birmingham. You'd really like a visit from her?"

Mary said, "Oh, yes, I would. So would Cochran. Blaise isn't as sexy as you, but she looks good. And I bet she....."

Cochran interrupted, "She seems so aloof. We'd like to see if we can get past that."

Myra started to laugh. The waiter came to clear the small plates. After he left, Myra said, "I'll let her know of your mutual interest. But I'm making her sign a promise not to write about the details." She chuckled.

Cochran said, "As I should have done with you, my sweet." But he was laughing.

Myra said, "I got you before you were rich and famous. Neither of us had lawyers, like we do now."

Cochran smiled. He said, "Maybe you should see if riches and fame have changed me."

Myra said, "No, thanks for the repeated offer."

Cochran smiled. "Sooner or later." He sang, "Someday, we'll be together...."

Myra said nothing.

When Myra left the restaurant, she went by Blaise's room. Blaise was finishing a call, with a room service lasagna in front of her.

Blaise was, in fact, a nice looking blond of about thirty-five. When she ended her call, she looked at Myra.

Myra said, "Cochran and Mary asked me to say that they invite you to their room for some entertaining intercourse. Clothing optional."

Blaise stared at her for a long moment. Then she asked, "Is that an invitation that you've already refused?"

"Yes. Yes. But, you know, you would have a nice time. I don't know how you'd feel about Mary. I expect she'd...."

Blaise got up. She wore a shift dress. She put on some sneakers. The two of them walked out of her room. Mary said, "Room 1012. Have a ball."

Blaise punched the elevator button. Myra went into her room and called Ronnie to tell him about it all. Ronnie was amused. Secretly, he had always found Blaise to be attractive. He never said anything to her, or to Myra. (But Myra knew.)

The next morning in the limo to Birmingham Myra demanded to hear all about Blaise's adventure. And Blaise gave her a detailed account. (Which we will skip over here.)

Myra was aroused by Blaise's story. For one thing, it brought back vivid memories of her Cock. For another, Myra had been away from Ronnie for two weeks. Myra thought herself lucky that Mary and Cochran were going back to Edinberg.

Myra enjoyed Birmingham. The Waterstones there was directly across from a huge shopping mecca called the Bull Ring. Myra and Blaise spent some little time shopping. In the end, though, Myra preferred the street venders down the hill.

They were up early the next day, off for a noon flight from Heathrow.

Myra was so happy to be back home with Ronnie. Ronnie survived. Just barely.

By agreement, Myra went off the pill then, and was pregnant within two months. Twins ran in her family, and that's what she had - Robert, after her uncle, and Beth.

The twins were almost five years old when Cochran called Myra and she agreed to meet him for dinner.

Now, here she was dressed for a date, driving out of town to meet her Cock.

The twins were at her parent's house for a weekend visit. And Ronnie was a three-hour drive away, not expected back until Sunday afternoon.

And Myra.....Myra was not sure how far she'd go with Cochran. Of late she'd been getting restless. Ronnie was still fun. But guys were always trying for her, and many of them were very, very sexy. Her third book tour had been a success, but twice in those two weeks she'd almost agreed to go to a hotel room with a flirty fellow. In short, she was just hanging on - sexually.

So, when Cochran called her, she agreed to meet him for dinner. The place was an out of the way hotel, where she could not expect to see anyone she knew. The Harold Hotel and Spa. She had been there once before her marriage, with Cochran. The food was okay, and they had a DJ for dancing after dinner.

Myra was not really fooling herself about what could happen after dinner. She knew that they'd go dancing, and then they'd likely go to his room. She had flutters thinking about it. But she still had qualms. She decided to let things happen, and see which was stronger - lust or family.

Ronnie had been increasingly bothered by Myra's behavior. He'd heard about the close calls on the last book tour. He heard from Blaise, who liked him. He had asked Myra about it, but she passed it off as momentary weakness due to drink. No harm, no foul.

But Ronnie saw that differently. So, he installed a hidden program on her phone. Just in case. It was called Grapevine. When he went to Philadelphia, he asked Myra what she had planned for that week. At that point she already knew that Cochran would be in town. And, because she knew, Ronnie also knew. Not only did he have the phone material, but Blaise clued him in. She knew that Cochran would be at Tech because she had arranged to meet his wife, Mary, in New York while he was gone.

Ronnie loved his family. He loved his children, who were the lights of his life. And he loved his wife. Always had, since they first met. But he was not willing to allow her to be unfaithful. Especially not on the sly.

When Ronnie went to Philadelphia, he already knew that Myra was to meet Cochran. He knew where and when. He had a skype meeting with an acquaintance of his who basically ran the operation at the Harold. It was felicitous that he knew Barry Mankin. Otherwise, he would have had to make other arrangements. The two men had some discussions, with the DJ for the evening.

The closer Myra got to the Harold, the less bothered she was about the evening. Driving seemed to settle her down. She arrived at six-forty-five and gave her keys to the valet. She went to the ladies to freshen up.

Then she went to the restaurant, where Cochran was waiting for her in a semi-private booth. The two embraced and sat.

Cochran was an even bigger deal than he had been in London. He now was in goal for a London side. His domestic life with Mary was grist for the tabloids. The two did not hide the fact that they had an open marriage.

Myra saw as she greeted Cochran that he had become, if anything, more attractive. His face had matured and he seemed more muscular as well. He had a trimmed beard, and even longer hair, held in a braid in the back.

Myra had lusty memories of him, but no recent experience. As soon as they began talking, she knew she was going to end up in his bed, and that he was going to end up in her. They ate, sharing long looks by candlelight. Cochran's smile was enchanting. He was sure of himself, and sure about the evening. Why else would Myra come to him in this way?

Dinner progresses. Each ate light entrees. Then they heard the music from the DJ start. The two got a small table just off the dance floor. There were already a number of people there. Myra and Cochran danced several numbers, fast and slow. To anyone watching them, it was obvious that they were going to end up in each other's arms.

One of those watching was Ronnie. He had a feed from the venue's security system piped to his room in Philadelphia. When he saw that Myra and Cochran were almost ready to go upstairs, he gave his signal.

Myra heard the distinctive lead in to Marvin Gaye's Grapevine. That stopped her. Froze her. It was a favorite of Ronnie's. She heard the DJ say, "This one goes out to Myra, from her husband, Ronnie."

Then, 'Ooh, Ooh, I bet you're wondering how I knew, 'Bout your plans to make me blue, with some other guy you knew before...between us guys, you know I love you more...' She didn't really hear the rest. She ran off the floor to the entrance. The refrain drifted out the door as she handed her keys to the valet. 'I heard it through the Grapevine....'

Ronnie saw Myra run away from Cochran. He gloated for a moment at Cochran's dismay. Then his cell phone went off. It was Myra, of course. He let it go to voicemail. He heard her frantically shouting to him.

"Ronnie, Ronnie, I love you. I'm going home. Please pick up. I love you!"

He didn't pick up. He shut down the video feed and went down to his hotel's bar.

Myra was careful driving home, because she had had some wine, and she knew that she was distracted. She got there safely.

She tried Ronnie's phone again, figuring that he might have calmed down. She had begun to wonder about how he could have arranged the 'Grapevine' dedication. Bu it remained a mystery to her.

Her main worry was the possibility that Ronnie would kick her to the curb. She briefly considered lying to him about her intentions. She actually laughed at the absurdity of that.

By the time of the second call, Ronnie was asleep in his room. He'd thought long and hard about what he would do if the evening turned out as it had. He had not come to a firm conclusion. But he could sleep anyway.

Sunday evening Ronnie came home. He had not answered any calls from Myra. Nor did he answer when her mother called. The messages from Myra all ran along the lines of asking for forgiveness, in some way. Ronnie was impressed when he listened to them, because she never offered any lies or excuses. Just apologies.

In the end, that was what saved her bacon. If she had told him just one lie, he would have left her flat.

When Ronnie came in the door, the twins were on him in a flash. Myra hung back. It was dinnertime, and the three had been at the table eating pizza. Ronnie had a piece. Myra got no hug, and only a few short words.

Ronnie played around with the twins until their bedtime. He let Myra put them to bed. He waited for her in the parlor.

She came in, paused and said, "I fucked up, and you saved me. You saved me. I hope we can get past this. I love you."

Ronnie looked at her. "Yeah, me and Cochran, too."

She said, "Ronnie, I do have feelings for him. You know that. But I picked you. I've been antsy lately. Those guys on the book tour. Now this. Right at this moment, I'm not to be trusted. I...I'm not sure why, now all of a sudden."

Ronnie nodded. He said, "If we stay married, how will I...how will I ever come to trust you?"

"You can't. I see that. For now, you cannot trust me." A pause. "But you didn't trust me before your trip. Or else how did you know where and what I was doing."

"The grapevine. And I know the guy who runs that Spa."

She stared at him. She was smart enough to know that his answer was an evasion.

He said, "You know, if I had only found out later, we'd be done. I shouldn't have to save you, Myra."

"Oh, I know. I know. But...I guess I need to look inside to find out why I did it. Because it wasn't just drink with those two guys on the tour. And I knew what would happen if I went to see Cochran."

"So, you need more than you can get from me."

"You're great in bed. You know you are. It's not as if I'm the only woman whose world you've rocked."

He nodded. But he said, "We never really spoke about what you had with Cochran and gave up."

"You and he are different. And that was quite a while ago. He and I surely have changed. So, maybe it isn't him. Maybe it's....like, something inside me."

"A hidden flaw. Subterranean lust."

Myra looked at him. She said, "That would be a great title for a song. 'Subterranean Lust.' Right now, though, my lust is decidedly not under wraps." She stepped to him and kissed him hard. She was strong and he didn't resist.

When Myra was in the mood to be Super Woman, Ronnie normally allowed her to do that. Really, the two were fairly evenly matched physically. Ronnie was a way better runner. But Myra could lift the same weight as Ronnie - almost.